how to market a product to IM ers

by jessegilbert Banned
38 replies
I have a product that I think IM ers would use.

But I don't know how to get it out there on limited budget.

Can anyone give me ideas on how to get free publicity.

Can you brainstorm low cost ways to get it out?

It is basically a keyword tool that is useful for finding words for PPC and for advertising.

I really need help thanks.
#ers #market #product
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    Originally Posted by jessegilbert View Post

    I have a product that I think IM ers would use.

    But I don't know how to get it out there on limited budget.

    Can anyone give me ideas on how to get free publicity.

    Can you brainstorm low cost ways to get it out?

    It is basically a keyword tool that is useful for finding words for PPC and for advertising.

    I really need help thanks.
    Jessie

    I would put a link in your signature you will get some free exposure from that !! maybe try that and see what happens
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10331643].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dustinthigpen
    jessegilbert,

    I agree with the signature suggestion. Make an enticing ad in you sig and just go around the forums answers questions. If you want to be super targeted, go answer questions about keywords and paid ads.

    2nd option - Just put it up in the "warrior special offers" section...

    Hope that helps buddy.
    Signature

    Did I help you?
    Get even more help in my free Facebook coaching group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/successwithdustin/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10331709].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by dustinthigpen View Post

      jessegilbert,

      Make an enticing ad in you sig and just go around the forums answers questions. If you want to be super targeted, go answer questions about keywords and paid ads.
      I don't know if that is such a good idea... Can be seen as self promotion/advertising and reported...
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10333963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superowid
    Don't forget to create a video on Youtube!
    It's free and it works. Even better in a long term period.
    Good luck.
    Signature

    Hard time to keep promoting business? Don't worry!
    JUST USE MY GRAPHIC & VIDEO SERVICES
    . . . . . Let me help cutting your ad production cost! . . . . .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10331892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    I got your email.

    At least you had the courtesy to bcc everyone.

    Don't remember how I got on your list, though. No opt-in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10331897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author megamind22
    You can create product review videos about your product and submit them to Youtube and other video sharing sites with a link to your product in the video description.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10332145].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Complex
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10332901].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steve B
        There are many options available for keyword discovery. The best way to get the word out about yours is to prove that it works . . . and works better than the other alternatives.

        Try the classified ads section of the forum. Give your tool away in the beginning and solicit testimonials of great user satisfaction. Prove the quality your product has so others can see current results.

        Whenever you're trying to break into a new market where there are already established players . . .

        You have to do something special, something dramatic to draw attention to your offer. In many cases, that something special can be the better than average results your product generates. So focus on what the product will do for the buyer and give the reasons why you product is superior to all the other similar products.

        You have a difficult task ahead of you - hopefully you have already studied and learned all about your competition.

        Steve
        Signature

        Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
        SteveBrowneDirect

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10332922].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Complex View Post

        Keyword tool?

        You'd be best off getting one of the "big name" SEO bloggers - that is the guys who blog about SEO - to come on-board.

        It's a nerdy kind of fratboy like thing in that world.

        You need one of them (and preferably more than one) to vouch for you.

        PPC?

        Get one of the CPA marketers - the ones who market info about CPA to wannabe CPA marketers - to vouch for you.

        Same thing basically.
        Yep. Working on it. Hopefully will find one but I've never been a nerd or a fratboy so making personal connections can be hard.
        Signature
        ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10333349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
    Banned
    Thanks for suggestions. Youtube seem like mostly a waste of time for me at the moment because I put 10 videos up and keyword tagged them pretty well. For blogging it is a bit better.
    Talk to me privately if you want to try out software as I'm looking for IMers
    Signature
    ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10333347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam Yunker
    Hey there,

    I'd say the best way would be to grow an email list of people who are into IM & give some tips and become seen as a leader in the IM community.

    Maybe use your list to grow a community Facebook page and then once you've built enough followers you can promote your product.

    Or you can go the route of connecting to IM and trying to establish a relationship with them and give them a free trial.

    The key with the free trial is you want your product to be so useful at the end of a month you want them to say "Man, I need this" and do a monthly subscription cost with it.

    But all that of course highly depends on what the product is...

    Hope this helps you a bit

    Adam
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10333351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
    Banned
    Thanks. I'd like to tell about it but I don't want to get banned for promotion. I think I have something for the IM big time it's hard to get out all the specifics without a major budget. I have built some list and some ideas and have people on there but at the moment it is only a few hundred people.
    Signature
    ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10333658].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Originally Posted by jessegilbert View Post

      I'd like to tell about it but I don't want to get banned for promotion.

      I'd say you've done a pretty good job already of getting the word out about your new product right here in the main discussion forum.

      Steve
      Signature

      Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10334825].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

        I'd say you've done a pretty good job already of getting the word out about your new product right here in the main discussion forum.

        Steve
        Thanks. I'm trying to learn the mentality of the market at the moment...the real IM'ers in the current market. I know what it was like 10yrs ago and wondering how much it has changed, if at all, today. I do paid ads on here...WSOs, classifieds...maybe even banners soon...but want to learn the person to person reality too.
        Signature
        ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10334974].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Big Al
    You could run a WSO?

    It's a place where people go to buy (so it's not unsolicited) and it's targeted. It'd also be a good place to test and find out what you can do to improve your product (or improve its appeal).

    Maybe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10333698].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
    Banned
    Yeah I have a WSO but it isn't getting much action. My real promotion is very extreme and controversial and stirs up too many emotions for regular everyday folk looking for the next IM gig.
    It is something along the lines of:

    [censored] Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Adobe...Here's where the real 8 trillion dollar offline opportunity may be for the right group of 'warriors' who can use technology effectively.

    Then I would proceed to build the mastermind group for what I have in mind.
    Signature
    ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10333872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
    Banned
    I got some good ideas here. I am sort of looking for followers or really just to be sort of an organizer for major mastermind collaborators on what I see as an opp bigger than IM that tangentially involves MMA and teaming up as far as software dev goes to apply fighting skill to a more aggressive style business than IM allows... more than is possible under current situation. I've written out the offer so maybe will add it later in sig file...
    Signature
    ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10334072].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wAvision
      Originally Posted by jessegilbert View Post

      I got some good ideas here. I am sort of looking for followers or really just to be sort of an organizer for major mastermind collaborators on what I see as an opp bigger than IM that tangentially involves MMA and teaming up as far as software dev goes to apply fighting skill to a more aggressive style business than IM allows... more than is possible under current situation. I've written out the offer so maybe will add it later in sig file...
      Thought this was a keyword tool?

      The site in your signature seems disastrous, I cannot even understand what you are talking about....Starting back at square 1 might be your best option.
      Signature
      They Say You Can't...Show Them How
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10334987].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
        Banned
        Originally Posted by wAvision View Post

        Thought this was a keyword tool?

        The site in your signature seems disastrous, I cannot even understand what you are talking about....Starting back at square 1 might be your best option.
        ok. you can understand it if you have clear grounding in it, but I suppose the only way to do that would be via mp3 or video.

        That is not my main current offer, just something I was trying as it is a business idea I've been working on for years that I think may have more potential than software and online business.

        my point is IM is not the only opportunity for non college degree businessmen. It may look disastrous, but these things take shape over time and could be a very legit idea...
        Signature
        ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10334995].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
        Banned
        Originally Posted by wAvision View Post

        Thought this was a keyword tool?

        The site in your signature seems disastrous, I cannot even understand what you are talking about....Starting back at square 1 might be your best option.
        It is a keyword tool, but more than that, brainstorming for content ideas and applying principles of direct mail writing to every idea you come up with.

        Keywords and SEO is one aspect, but when a product does more than one thing, it can be hard to explain it to people.

        Hope you understand, it is multi-purpose...
        Signature
        ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10335003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anglo Shinobi
    Peace Jesse

    Consider: advertising and marketing is basically matching products with buyers. You simply need to get in front of the right audience and promote/highlight the features of that product. So: who and where are your audience?

    Online (because it's free - otherwise I'd recommend a really low cost offline campaign too [sayin' nothin' ] )

    Forums
    IM audiences will be on forums such as this one - and there are other popular "IM" forums.

    Furthermore "IM" tends to overlap with other such tags/labels/titles like "MMO" (make money online) [and there are many others, sub-catagory focused even, or broader such as general business forums, or even smaller location-specific local forums ]

    As such you are going to have to determine which forums you will join yourself - and you will need to ensure you understand forum marketing and have a good understanding of forum etiquette and maintain that throughout your campaigns.

    Forums are an excellent way of bringing free traffic to your offer/website/product - they are even better than a lot of IMer's realize (I've exposed a lot of treasures in this post - understand.) when used properly.

    Additionally, forums are great for establishing yourself/your service/something - all your posts are recorded, so if your posts are of "high quality" that will further help your agenda as well as the community that you're a part of.

    There are many secrets about forum marketing, right down to tiny little details like post counts and avatar pictures, the words in your signature or picture, how much difference they make (split-testing) - and they are all important! - but for the most part, as a newbie, if you focus on "high quality forum content" you will be fine!

    "High quality forum content" does mean helpful, informative posts answering others questions, yes. But not only that - it also means having some character and a bit of banter now and then, express your humanity, get involved a piece in an active discussion and be genuine about it - any post which helps the "community" in some way is beneficial to your-self/your-profile.

    Then you will need hyperlinks to your page/offer/promotion - PUT THESE EVERYWHERE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO! and ALWAYS USE CALLS TO ACTION!!!

    More free marketing options?
    Same rules as above - just apply it to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other Social Media Networking sites.
    There is nothing difficult about using or figuring out any of those services - but please understand there are secrets which help with each too (facebook has specific search hacks and the likes ) - however as I mentioned: same rules as above.



    I hope I've given you something to think about and something to act upon - and I hope that I answered your question Jesse,

    Peace.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10334116].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Anglo Shinobi View Post

      Peace Jesse

      Consider: advertising and marketing is basically matching products with buyers. You simply need to get in front of the right audience and promote/highlight the features of that product. So: who and where are your audience?

      Exactly that is what advertising and marketing is. My audience is varied because it is for a bunch of niches. I can explain more but it can be hard to segment...

      Online (because it's free - otherwise I'd recommend a really low cost offline campaign too [sayin' nothin' ] )

      Advertising online is ok, but I do want to have small businesses using it.

      Forums
      IM audiences will be on forums such as this one - and there are other popular "IM" forums.

      Furthermore "IM" tends to overlap with other such tags/labels/titles like "MMO" (make money online) [and there are many others, sub-catagory focused even, or broader such as general business forums, or even smaller location-specific local forums ]

      True, but forums are generally very difficult for someone like me with 10+ years online. I don't like to blatantly promote but it is easy to appear that way when you have a purpose.

      As such you are going to have to determine which forums you will join yourself - and you will need to ensure you understand forum marketing and have a good understanding of forum etiquette and maintain that throughout your campaigns.

      Yes. That is the entire problem with forums at times. I can do it, and it is worthwhile at times...but sometimes making 50 posts just to get the ability to show a sig is a hard propostiion when you have your products and funnels ready.

      Forums are an excellent way of bringing free traffic to your offer/website/product - they are even better than a lot of IMer's realize (I've exposed a lot of treasures in this post - understand.) when used properly.

      You have indeed exposed some good ideas...but I do look at traffic from forums in analytics and generally it is not a big amount...but maybe I don't use them correctly.

      Additionally, forums are great for establishing yourself/your service/something - all your posts are recorded, so if your posts are of "high quality" that will further help your agenda as well as the community that you're a part of.

      Yes. True.

      There are many secrets about forum marketing, right down to tiny little details like post counts and avatar pictures, the words in your signature or picture, how much difference they make (split-testing) - and they are all important! - but for the most part, as a newbie, if you focus on "high quality forum content" you will be fine!

      Good ones thanks.

      "High quality forum content" does mean helpful, informative posts answering others questions, yes. But not only that - it also means having some character and a bit of banter now and then, express your humanity, get involved a piece in an active discussion and be genuine about it - any post which helps the "community" in some way is beneficial to your-self/your-profile.

      More Good ideas.

      Then you will need hyperlinks to your page/offer/promotion - PUT THESE EVERYWHERE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO! and ALWAYS USE CALLS TO ACTION!!!

      More free marketing options?
      Same rules as above - just apply it to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other Social Media Networking sites.

      Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn I use, but personally I don't want to be marketing on Facebook unless I have an app with thousands of users which I think I could create.


      There is nothing difficult about using or figuring out any of those services - but please understand there are secrets which help with each too (facebook has specific search hacks and the likes ) - however as I mentioned: same rules as above.



      I hope I've given you something to think about and something to act upon - and I hope that I answered your question Jesse,

      Yes definitely

      Peace.
      Peace to you too
      Signature
      ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10334956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gh0zt
      Originally Posted by Anglo Shinobi View Post

      Peace Jesse

      Consider: advertising and marketing is basically matching products with buyers. You simply need to get in front of the right audience and promote/highlight the features of that product. So: who and where are your audience?

      Online (because it's free - otherwise I'd recommend a really low cost offline campaign too [sayin' nothin' ] )

      Forums
      IM audiences will be on forums such as this one - and there are other popular "IM" forums.

      Furthermore "IM" tends to overlap with other such tags/labels/titles like "MMO" (make money online) [and there are many others, sub-catagory focused even, or broader such as general business forums, or even smaller location-specific local forums ]

      As such you are going to have to determine which forums you will join yourself - and you will need to ensure you understand forum marketing and have a good understanding of forum etiquette and maintain that throughout your campaigns.

      Forums are an excellent way of bringing free traffic to your offer/website/product - they are even better than a lot of IMer's realize (I've exposed a lot of treasures in this post - understand.) when used properly.

      Additionally, forums are great for establishing yourself/your service/something - all your posts are recorded, so if your posts are of "high quality" that will further help your agenda as well as the community that you're a part of.

      There are many secrets about forum marketing, right down to tiny little details like post counts and avatar pictures, the words in your signature or picture, how much difference they make (split-testing) - and they are all important! - but for the most part, as a newbie, if you focus on "high quality forum content" you will be fine!

      "High quality forum content" does mean helpful, informative posts answering others questions, yes. But not only that - it also means having some character and a bit of banter now and then, express your humanity, get involved a piece in an active discussion and be genuine about it - any post which helps the "community" in some way is beneficial to your-self/your-profile.

      Then you will need hyperlinks to your page/offer/promotion - PUT THESE EVERYWHERE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO! and ALWAYS USE CALLS TO ACTION!!!

      More free marketing options?
      Same rules as above - just apply it to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other Social Media Networking sites.
      There is nothing difficult about using or figuring out any of those services - but please understand there are secrets which help with each too (facebook has specific search hacks and the likes ) - however as I mentioned: same rules as above.



      I hope I've given you something to think about and something to act upon - and I hope that I answered your question Jesse,

      Peace.
      IS THAT ANGLO?!?!?! I guess you really are back - I almost didn't believe it brother - what's with the structuring of this post though bro lol.

      Glad to see you here boss
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Edwin Torres
    1. See the markets demand for it. Does it fix a problem people have or make our lives easier?
    2. Plan the funnel...what is the front end offer, what are the backend offers, etc. Make sure you know the price points throughout the funnel.
    3. Create a sales page, and a JV page.
    4. Recruit affiliates through MunchEye.com, WarriorJV.com, JVNotifyPro.com and post your launch on there.
    5. Launch the product.
    6. Make money :-)

    That is a super rough guide and there are a lot of details you need to focus on and pay attention too, but that's a really rough guide on how to launch a product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10334811].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Edwin Torres View Post

      1. See the markets demand for it. Does it fix a problem people have or make our lives easier?
      2. Plan the funnel...what is the front end offer, what are the backend offers, etc. Make sure you know the price points throughout the funnel.
      3. Create a sales page, and a JV page.
      4. Recruit affiliates through MunchEye.com, WarriorJV.com, JVNotifyPro.com and post your launch on there.
      5. Launch the product.
      6. Make money :-)

      That is a super rough guide and there are a lot of details you need to focus on and pay attention too, but that's a really rough guide on how to launch a product.
      Yes it does actually fix a problem and makes life easier. I could show in 2 steps to you but it would be promoting specifically so I have to be careful.
      2. I have funnels, sure...and actually a lot of good info to offer. The front end offer is $1 for a 30 day license to try it, so the marketer faces very little risk. But maybe this is too little and I should just nix the 30 day deal.
      I have a JV page and have done some recruitment...in fact we are aiming to launch tomorrow. I will have to look at MunchEye.com, WarriorJV.com, JVNotifyPro.com...I didn't really see those...I'm aware of warrior JV but I use clickbank so I'm not sure about the payments system...and it can be hard to set up multiple processors with license keys.

      Thanks for the ideas though...it sounds simple enough but I have a beast here and to get the meat from this beast will require a number of lions.
      Signature
      ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10335020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by jessegilbert View Post

    I have a product that I think IM ers would use.
    First problem.

    No thinking, you need solid evidence that this is a ground shaker in the IM world. Plus.... if it's so revolutionary... why share it with us? Use it to make 6-figures in your business.

    Originally Posted by jessegilbert View Post

    But I don't know how to get it out there on limited budget.
    Second problem.

    You want to sell a product to IMer's when you don't know basic internet marketing yourself?

    Originally Posted by jessegilbert View Post

    It is basically a keyword tool that is useful for finding words for PPC and for advertising.
    Third problem.

    Tons of products like this already exist. Might as well keep it to yourself and profit insanely with it.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10334864].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
      Banned
      I'm using my product to make money slowly...I do get some sales...about a dozen per week and have created blog posts with it that are well optimized and getting a little traffic.

      But I refuse, as much as possible, to do the hype and show numbers that don't represent reality...which unfortunately, many IM'ers do not want. There are advertising costs and time to consider.

      For example: Would you want to know, that at even 5 cents per click when Google Adwords was getting started, it was still very hard to monetize offers digital product offers?

      This is for businesses with very low startup capital.

      I do know basic internet marketing...actually I know a lot...but my product is a bit different style from most of the IM products as it covers more than just IM.

      3. I cannot cover ever niche, not even close...However, I would be willing to back up what I say by giving ideas to anyone in any niche to prove first that what I have will give the writer real, usable content ideas that are not spam or junk and then you could decide for yourself it it helps more than what is out there.

      Thanks

      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      First problem.

      No thinking, you need solid evidence that this is a ground shaker in the IM world. Plus.... if it's so revolutionary... why share it with us? Use it to make 6-figures in your business.



      Second problem.

      You want to sell a product to IMer's when you don't know basic internet marketing yourself?



      Third problem.

      Tons of products like this already exist. Might as well keep it to yourself and profit insanely with it.
      Signature
      ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10334964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wangbella
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10335904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TommyHara
    Originally Posted by jessegilbert View Post

    I have a product that I think IM ers would use.

    But I don't know how to get it out there on limited budget.

    Can anyone give me ideas on how to get free publicity.

    Can you brainstorm low cost ways to get it out?

    It is basically a keyword tool that is useful for finding words for PPC and for advertising.

    I really need help thanks.
    If you don't have a good budget for advertising then you can go to these site for advetising for FREE.
    http://www.webmastersun.com/
    http://www.topix.com/forum/business/advertising
    http://www.freeadzforum.com/
    http://freeadvertisingzone.com/
    http://www.internetmarketingstar.com/
    http://www.bestfreeadvertisingforum.com/

    Hope that helps!
    Signature

    InternetMarketingStar.com - Best online Advertising Forum on the internet!!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anglo Shinobi
    Shut Up Gh0zt you bait kid - I'd prefer my fame remained hidden for now - But you are right, I'm back, reason be - I'll inbox you, I need your number, your going to need a coffee or two for this one brother.

    *Sorry to derail the thread - please ignore this brothers hype.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gjabiz
    First thing:

    THREE (3) DIFFERENT pieces of well known software used and relied on by millions of people have told me your download, the exe. file, is UNSAFE...EVEN though on your website you offer some flimsy "proof" via an unknown software.

    Who am I to believe? YOU who tell me it's safe, OR Norton, Avg and Kaspersky?

    Then, there is your attitude you've demonstrated at the sub forums...and your combative nature.

    Your product is NOT ready for the IM community, so either listen up or try another way, because, UNTIL you get credibility, and as of TODAY...

    Norton, Avg and Kaspersky advise me NOT to execute your program...you are not to be trusted.

    My OPINION.

    gjabiz


    Originally Posted by jessegilbert View Post

    I have a product that I think IM ers would use.

    But I don't know how to get it out there on limited budget.

    Can anyone give me ideas on how to get free publicity.

    Can you brainstorm low cost ways to get it out?

    It is basically a keyword tool that is useful for finding words for PPC and for advertising.

    I really need help thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JesseGilbert1
    Banned
    Thanks for your response gjbiz. I appreciate and respect your opinion. I can assure you I have not instructed any viruses to be coded into it, and my coder has shown himself trustworthy and honest.

    I contacted Avast and Kaspersky who both said they whitelisted it. I also have a clean profile on Virustotal.com which checks it against 50 or more anti-spyware algorithms. The exe file can be uploaded to there and checked.

    Admittedly I have to work on this somehow and get it whitelisted everywhere but software development is a major task for someone like me who is naturally active and competitive, even combative by nature and now all the money opportunity in the world seems to be made mostly online by people sitting in front of computers.

    Microsoft also shows it as a threatening or 'malicious' program, but the only threat it is, is to them, in my opinion, in that it could become a more useful writing tool for marketers and creative writers looking for financial success more than MS word

    Thanks for your comment and the Brainstorm Pro team will be working to resolve all issues and put you at ease as to the safety of the software.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10340570].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gjabiz
      I'll buy it for my Mac, let me know when it is ready.

      gjabiz

      PS. I belong to a couple of writers groups, most use a Mac (60-70%)...but most have both too.

      What ever the reason, when the exe. has NO WARNINGS, maybe I'll give it another spin on the PC.


      Originally Posted by JesseGilbert1 View Post

      Thanks for your response gjbiz. I appreciate and respect your opinion. I can assure you I have not instructed any viruses to be coded into it, and my coder has shown himself trustworthy and honest.

      I contacted Avast and Kaspersky who both said they whitelisted it. I also have a clean profile on Virustotal.com which checks it against 50 or more anti-spyware algorithms. The exe file can be uploaded to there and checked.

      Admittedly I have to work on this somehow and get it whitelisted everywhere but software development is a major task for someone like me who is naturally active and competitive, even combative by nature and now all the money opportunity in the world seems to be made mostly online by people sitting in front of computers.

      Microsoft also shows it as a threatening or 'malicious' program, but the only threat it is, is to them, in my opinion, in that it could become a more useful writing tool for marketers and creative writers looking for financial success more than MS word

      Thanks for your comment and the Brainstorm Pro team will be working to resolve all issues and put you at ease as to the safety of the software.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10340605].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stackman
    Have a product that is real and that REALLY helps people make money, and is not a cheap scam, based on your own experience., And have a reputation for someone who knows what they are talking about, not some novice who is faking it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10340609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
    Banned
    Originally Posted by gjabiz View Post

    I'll buy it for my Mac, let me know when it is ready.

    gjabiz

    PS. I belong to a couple of writers groups, most use a Mac (60-70%)...but most have both too.

    What ever the reason, when the exe. has NO WARNINGS, maybe I'll give it another spin on the PC.
    Thanks. I'm working on the Mac and Open Office versions. When I get some sales I can probably put something good together quick as I already have the basic foundation and know all the resources needed to make it happen in probably a few days.

    I think you are right about writers...the Mac crowd is definitely a good market and a lot of writers use them...especially the type I'm after...those who like pithy and persuasive or funny writing. (my only experience with Mac was doing yearbook way back when and coming up with funny captions for pictures in the design software or writing short copy for newsletters or yearbook)

    I've been told Mac users maybe quicker to 'swipe the card' too.

    Personally I have little preference...I love and hate all computers about equally as much I'm simply used to windows because it was the first computer I worked on as a business tool...

    It's like a web browser...when you use one for a few years and then a better one comes out but you don't switch because you are comfortable with it even though the other maybe better.

    But in reality I have no real brand loyalty...just what will get me the most user friendly creative power and money.

    I do have to work on the .exe and will talk to my coder or perhaps work with an expert to get it 100% whitelisted.

    As for being a novice who is faking it, I am working through the process of becoming a successful software seller and it takes time to perfect it.

    Believe me, it is not easy.

    I have written proof that I have written sales letters and info products that sold 10's of thousands of dollars worth of copies for probably the best warrior forum marketer or at least a top 5 definitely and had the writing praised by at least one top advertising legend so please don't give me this what about who is pro and who is a scammer where sales and writing are concerned.

    I was one of the first advertisers on Adwords when it came out and I could buy unlimited clicks at 5 cents each and also one of the first writing about video marketing on youtube with case studies of people who got tons of good leads in real estate from simple videos when it was just getting started.

    I am new to software development but even top app programmers have said they are impressed with it.

    I've never scammed anyone online or even tried to scam...more often than not it has been someone trying to scam me or make up some lies so forgive me if I have limited patience or 'decorum' where rep is concerned or if I get 'combative'.

    This is the warrior forum so expect nothing less than warriors on here who will defend their opinions and products.

    You're talking to 'The Copy Prophet' here.

    I can probably solve some of your major problems by programming you to write better with skills and distilled wisdom based on the words of dozens of the best ad men, writers, philosophers and inventors in history.

    I'm coming to hopefully bring you out of the matrix and the seductions and illusions of technology and bring it back to where it's really at: Writing for persuasion.

    It's programmed right into the software. The words of dozens of histories greatest writers right there to coach you as you do your hard work in devising marketing plans and writing.

    It is true I don't have much independent success because a lot of work I did was under contract, but that is the whole point, to have your own product...

    I don't know if it will be big but it is designed to be as big as any major company once I get development funds. And it is all bootstrapped...no outside investment, no outside political concerns, no public relations managers or corporate weasel clauses if I produce something that kills customers like many products out there...

    Just me and you talking in a forum...for now

    If I do get some funds maybe I will disappear into a castle and layer myself away with tech support teams and PR agents but that aint me and it's not the ideal relationship I would have with the people I want to help and serve.
    Signature
    ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10340736].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gjabiz
      Here's one reason I'm liking you less and less.

      I actually tried it, went over every page on your site, gave you the benefit of the doubt, got to the exe. and red lights and sirens went off.

      I said above, I would buy a Mac version, maybe even give the PC another test IF NO alerts go off.

      BUT,

      I did not say anything about YOU being a novice or faking it. IF you are referring to other posts, you should use the multi quote, as you have done in previous posts.

      No where did I try to impugn your rep. or offer any personal attack on you.

      It is YOUR software, and in my opinion a rush to market, a want for it to make you money, which is the issue.


      But, after this...

      NOT interested.




      gjabiz

      Originally Posted by jessegilbert View Post

      Thanks. I'm working on the Mac and Open Office versions. When I get some sales I can probably put something good together quick as I already have the basic foundation and know all the resources needed to make it happen in probably a few days.

      I think you are right about writers...the Mac crowd is definitely a good market and a lot of writers use them...especially the type I'm after...those who like pithy and persuasive or funny writing. (my only experience with Mac was doing yearbook way back when and coming up with funny captions for pictures in the design software or writing short copy for newsletters or yearbook)

      I've been told Mac users maybe quicker to 'swipe the card' too.

      Personally I have little preference...I love and hate all computers about equally as much I'm simply used to windows because it was the first computer I worked on as a business tool...

      It's like a web browser...when you use one for a few years and then a better one comes out but you don't switch because you are comfortable with it even though the other maybe better.

      But in reality I have no real brand loyalty...just what will get me the most user friendly creative power and money.

      I do have to work on the .exe and will talk to my coder or perhaps work with an expert to get it 100% whitelisted.

      As for being a novice who is faking it, I am working through the process of becoming a successful software seller and it takes time to perfect it.

      Believe me, it is not easy.

      I have written proof that I have written sales letters and info products that sold 10's of thousands of dollars worth of copies for probably the best warrior forum marketer or at least a top 5 definitely and had the writing praised by at least one top advertising legend so please don't give me this what about who is pro and who is a scammer where sales and writing are concerned.

      I was one of the first advertisers on Adwords when it came out and I could buy unlimited clicks at 5 cents each and also one of the first writing about video marketing on youtube with case studies of people who got tons of good leads in real estate from simple videos when it was just getting started.

      I am new to software development but even top app programmers have said they are impressed with it.

      I've never scammed anyone online or even tried to scam...more often than not it has been someone trying to scam me or make up some lies so forgive me if I have limited patience or 'decorum' where rep is concerned or if I get 'combative'.

      This is the warrior forum so expect nothing less than warriors on here who will defend their opinions and products.

      You're talking to 'The Copy Prophet' here.

      I can probably solve some of your major problems by programming you to write better with skills and distilled wisdom based on the words of dozens of the best ad men, writers, philosophers and inventors in history.

      I'm coming to hopefully bring you out of the matrix and the seductions and illusions of technology and bring it back to where it's really at: Writing for persuasion.

      It's programmed right into the software. The words of dozens of histories greatest writers right there to coach you as you do your hard work in devising marketing plans and writing.

      It is true I don't have much independent success because a lot of work I did was under contract, but that is the whole point, to have your own product...

      I don't know if it will be big but it is designed to be as big as any major company once I get development funds. And it is all bootstrapped...no outside investment, no outside political concerns, no public relations managers or corporate weasel clauses if I produce something that kills customers like many products out there...

      Just me and you talking in a forum...for now

      If I do get some funds maybe I will disappear into a castle and layer myself away with tech support teams and PR agents but that aint me and it's not the ideal relationship I would have with the people I want to help and serve.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10341273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kevinfar
    I would try to find people who are selling similar but non competing products and tell them about what you are offering and make them an offer that makes sense for them to help you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10341147].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrewsfm
    Low budget marketing, youtube, blogging, Facebook / other social media. Pick one, learn about it and then take action.

    I'd always encourage paid advertising, but of course it's not viable for everyone, but i'd always say, get a job or a second job for a few months if you really want to succeed online. Free traffic isn't really scalable like paid is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10341225].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JillWilson
    Use Facebook group.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10341250].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jessegilbert
    Banned
    no I wasn't talking about you. actually I found you post very helpful. it was a different post that sounded like it said don't offer crap and scams but probably misinterpreted it...anyways it was right after your post and I was just lazy from working all night. what can I say I know the market and it is a solid product for writers and advertisers.

    sorry I've taken a lot of flak. anyways I'm tired from working. but 100% is was not referring to you. what looks like a rush to market for you is actually a cumulative decade of work even if it doesn't look like it.

    I just added a feature with teachings from dozens of the worlds best advertisers to guide your writing. if you like advertising and copywriting I'm about certain you'll love it once you get over the learning curve which is like 25 minutes.
    Signature
    ThermoNuclear Branding: The #1 Fastest Way To Improve Your Marketing: http://www.BrainstormPro.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10341308].message }}

Trending Topics