Advice from a million dollar marketer

99 replies
Hey,

Here's some quick advice to you...

Many new marketers want to do 1,000 different things to start producing revenue online. I mean, they are everywhere and all over the place, trying all kinds of different ways to make money online.

On Monday they are doing Kindle, on Tuesday they are flipping sites, on Wednesday they are blogging, on Thursday they are doing YT videos and Friday something else... and so on.

They think they have to learn 1,000 different things.

Yet, one year turns into 10 years and they still have NOT earned much at all online.

Here's the advice:

you do not need to learn or do 1,000 different things... just a few things.

1. You need to pick and stick to ONE niche market (demographics). There's no reason to go after tons of different markets until you get one to work.

2. You need a squeeze page or lead capture system that gives something away free to build a list.

This squeeze page needs to be tweaked and focused on.

3. You need to drive quality, focused traffic to that squeeze page. HIGH quality traffic, not crap traffic and most solo ads are pure crap. PPC is better because you know it's real and not fake traffic

4. You need to manage that list big time. Turn them on to YOU. Get them to know, like and trust YOU.

5. Build up a presense online via Social Media and such. Be everywhere. Most hide behind the net, go get visible and get out there.

Now, if you cannot do those 5 things listed, then there's no reason to even try to do anything else. If you cannot AT LEAST do that above, then this is likely not for you and I just saved you 10 years of wasted time.

This listed above is probably the easiest long term business I know of. So, if you cannot at least do that above, then I doubt any other business system or "opportunity" will work for you either.

At least build a list, and until then, forget everything else.

There is no easy button.

Build a real business that helps real people solve a problem. Period.

Thanks and All The Best!

Eric Louviere
#advice #dollar #marketer #million #million millionaire #millions
  • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
    Really good stuff here.

    Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

    1. You need to pick and stick to ONE niche market (demographics). There's no reason to go after tons of different markets until you get one to work.

    2. You need a squeeze page or lead capture system that gives something away free to build a list.

    This squeeze page needs to be tweaked and focused on.

    3. You need to drive quality, focused traffic to that squeeze page. HIGH quality traffic, not crap traffic and most solo ads are pure crap. PPC is better because you know it's real and not fake traffic

    4. You need to manage that list big time. Turn them on to YOU. Get them to know, like and trust YOU.

    5. Build up a presense online via Social Media and such. Be everywhere. Most hide behind the net, go get visible and get out there.
    ...and my favorite is probably #5.

    Whether you use your own name or create a pseudonym for yourself. Have an identity and market yourself.

    Become a known entity whether in IM or in a niche market. Be consistent (honesty makes that easier) and #4 becomes a "walk in the park".

    And then (simply because it bears repeating)...

    There is no easy button.

    Build a real business that helps real people solve a problem. Period.
    Signature

    Sid Hale
    Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10336415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ladylavender
    Great post, very helpful
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10336418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gambino
    I disagree. This is another version of the same rehashed info that gets passed around here on this forum every single day. It's really of no use to the newbies that were targeted until it gets more in depth.

    How to choose the right opportunity out of those 1,000 to focus on? Many hop around because they don't stick to it... And they don't stick to it because they don't see success. This is obviously the first thing newbies need to consider. But, here on Warrior Forum we love to promote "just take action!" instead of having an actual plan. The separation is the the preparation and very few people here thing beyond today, IMO.

    How to people find the right demographic for their given choice? What tools can they use to do this?

    What do you use to create squeeze pages? How do they look? Examples of good ones or poor ones? What should be included? What should it say? What type of giveaway do you recommend?

    Where do you recommend driving traffic from? What's a good budget to start with?

    How often do you mail your list? When do you start promoting? Where to do you look for offers to promote? How do you build relationships with other affiliates and product owners?

    How do you use social media to connect and/or sell to your target market? What do you share with them?

    IMO, there is a lot more info that needs to be included to really provide any value for newbies. I realize it's time consuming to do so... And there are over a million different combinations of markets, niches, products, offers, etc that could be discussed here. But this is simply an outline of the most common stuff talked about on this forum.
    Signature

    Shop here and help us rescue dogs: RescuTees.com
    Join our affiliate program and earn 15% commissions here: Become an Affiliate

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10336447].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by Gambino View Post

      I disagree. This is another version of the same rehashed info that gets passed around here on this forum every single day. It's really of no use to the newbies
      I agree, nothing against Eric but if you are going to title your thread "Advice from a million dollar marketer" (Which is again promoting your brand ) then surely you should add more substance instead of 5 points we've all seen many times before just from different people...

      I totally agree with what you've said but honestly it's nothing new...

      Take point #3


      Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

      3. You need to drive quality, focused traffic to that squeeze page. HIGH quality traffic, not crap traffic and most solo ads are pure crap. PPC is better because you know it's real and not fake traffic
      The solo ad gig has been done to death and everyday more people waste their money on worthless lists...
      This could have been a perfect opportunity to give a few more tips or suggestions on PPC traffic...

      Just Sayin
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10336610].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paleochora
      Originally Posted by Gambino View Post

      I disagree. This is another version of the same rehashed info that gets passed around here on this forum every single day. It's really of no use to the newbies that were targeted until it gets more in depth.
      You want detail? Click Eric's sig link.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337360].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Paleochora View Post

        You want detail? Click Eric's sig link.
        And now we're getting to the real reason for this thread.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337448].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
          Originally Posted by lgibbon View Post

          And now we're getting to the real reason for this thread.
          lol, in all these years, you have not changed one bit man. I mean, the only reason I even recognize your name is because of that attitude right there that has been that way for many years here... to the point many used it as a joke. how does it feel to live like that daily? Must make everything in life suck across the board.

          You make me grateful.

          You complete me.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361888].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author positivenegative
            Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

            It's like the place went to the bottom feeders and pretenders of the marketplace. The trolls inherited the Earth!
            So, because you've been called out by a few people for providing nothing that's new and not been said a thousand times before by others on here, suddenly everyone who has not feted you is a "bottom feeder" or "troll".


            Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

            Now, I could do all of what you are asking, but I dont feel like doing all that work to show examples and all of that here. I dont have the time or desire. sorry.
            No, because you're simply signature link spamming. You have nothing new or interesting to tell anyone on here and it's quite funny to watch you squirm when faced with a bit of mild disagreement.


            Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

            lol, in all these years, you have not changed one bit man. I mean, the only reason I even recognize your name is because of that attitude right there that has been that way for many years here... to the point many used it as a joke. how does it feel to live like that daily? Must make everything in life suck across the board.

            You make me grateful.

            You complete me.
            I think it's pretty sad that you have to resort to trash talk like that. The guy you're referring to is one of many on this thread who simply said you're not saying anything that people don't already know about. All of them are long-standing members. Why you've got to take umbrage and get your panties in a twist at that I have no idea. But I've an inkling it's to do with ego.

            Strange that you can't (or refuse) to see yourself as others clearly perceive you, which is . . .

            . . . as a boastful (see your headline), arrogant, and egocentric person whose ignorance of the opinions of others shines through like a beacon on a foggy night.

            You haven't got the words or wisdom to either entertain or challenge me in conversation so maybe you could loosen your outer thick rhino-skin a little, and accept the fact that no-one is always right. Somehow I doubt you will. Your kind never does.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361945].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
      Wow, I am glad for the reminder of why I, and so many others, stopped posting here. It's like the place went to the bottom feeders and pretenders of the marketplace. The trolls inherited the Earth!

      Anyway, all this you ask or state here below and i quote:

      Originally Posted by Gambino View Post

      I disagree. This is another version of the same rehashed info that gets passed around here on this forum every single day. It's really of no use to the newbies that were targeted until it gets more in depth.

      How to choose the right opportunity out of those 1,000 to focus on? Many hop around because they don't stick to it... And they don't stick to it because they don't see success. This is obviously the first thing newbies need to consider. But, here on Warrior Forum we love to promote "just take action!" instead of having an actual plan. The separation is the the preparation and very few people here thing beyond today, IMO.

      How to people find the right demographic for their given choice? What tools can they use to do this?

      What do you use to create squeeze pages? How do they look? Examples of good ones or poor ones? What should be included? What should it say? What type of giveaway do you recommend?

      Where do you recommend driving traffic from? What's a good budget to start with?

      How often do you mail your list? When do you start promoting? Where to do you look for offers to promote? How do you build relationships with other affiliates and product owners?

      How do you use social media to connect and/or sell to your target market? What do you share with them?

      IMO, there is a lot more info that needs to be included to really provide any value for newbies. I realize it's time consuming to do so... And there are over a million different combinations of markets, niches, products, offers, etc that could be discussed here. But this is simply an outline of the most common stuff talked about on this forum.
      would take me to create an entire course to answer, as opposed to a post on a forum. lol...

      Anyway... here you go (although judging so far, I'm quite certain nothing will be good enough I post here), yet is is quite comical to me... being insulted by some of you is hilarious.

      Let's take it one at a time shall we?

      How to choose the right opportunity out of those 1,000 to focus on?
      One of the problems is that marketers pick everything that captures their attention. On Monday they are blogging for dollars, Tuesday, flipping sites, Wednesday CPA offers, Thursday WSO's, etc.

      It's going a mile wide and an inch deep as compared to a mile deep and an inch wide.

      Therefore, my advice is to look inwards. Most out there are chasing cash, chasing dollars, looking for something to make a buck off of, some scheme or loophole. INSTEAD, try to solve a real problem. Try to help people (sincerely) solve a problem.

      First, look at your own self. What areas are your strengths and weaknesses. If you suck at writing, then don't pick that. If you suck at tech stuff it might not be wise to build a tech business obviously, as an example.

      I say look at yourself and what you are interested in, passionate about, what problems you have solved yourself, what areas you are strong at, what niche markets you gravitate towards yourself, etc.

      I like to tell people to think out into the future five years and if just imagine or dream that you are wildly successful beyond your wildest dreams at this... what sort of things do you envision yourself doing in the future? Speaking, writing, innovating, running teams, selling off a company, going public, having your own show, having several sites and investments, what?

      Somewhere in there is your "unique ability"... and you should look into Dan Sullivan's "Unique Ability" writings or courses for further inspiration for this part.

      But for me to say, "out of the 1000's of opportunities, this is the one to pick" is impossible because everyone is different. Duh.

      Too general of an answer?

      Ok, then look at the past 10 to 25 books, magazines and courses you've purchased yourself, and in there is the common denominator you are looking for as the right opportunity to go after?

      Next:

      Many hop around because they don't stick to it... And they don't stick to it because they don't see success. This is obviously the first thing newbies need to consider. But, here on Warrior Forum we love to promote "just take action!" instead of having an actual plan. The separation is the the preparation and very few people here thing beyond today, IMO.
      Regardless of the reasons why people jump around, the fact of the matter is they do JUMP around, so if YOU do not want to fail, then stop jumping around. There's no real other way to put it other than that, stop doing that.

      Or, maybe I should say "Just take action"?

      You say people jump around because they dont see success. Well, I say they dont see success because they jump around. You can dig deep for the reasons, but the truth is, have some discipline and stick to it. There's no secret guru formula for teaching someone to JUST STICK TO ONE THING instead of jumping around.

      How to people find the right demographic for their given choice? What tools can they use to do this?
      This is another question or thought process where I try and get people to see it in a different angle. Instead of looking for some "right demographic" by using tools to uncover some secret thing to go chase and make money with, instead, look inward.

      most niche markets today are lucrative and people make money in all kinds of weird and obscure niches by targeting all kinds of different demographics... so I'm not as worried with all that. I'm more concerned with people looking at themselves to determine what it is they are good at, gravitate towards, are interested in themselves, etc.

      The demographics are there, it's a given. Instead of looking out there for money, look inwards. Instead of chasing cash, look to solve a problem really-really well for people. That's a better way of thinking... instead of "find some tool to uncover some goldmine niche that targets some gravytrain demographic"... that's fairy-tale land.

      What do you use to create squeeze pages?
      I pay people to do squeeze pages for me... I might write the copy or shoot the video, but the tech is outsourced. We've used all kinds of stuff, right now we use clickfunnels I believe.


      How do they look?
      like squeeze pages look.

      Examples of good ones or poor ones? What should be included? What should it say? What type of giveaway do you recommend?
      All of this is "opinion" and irrelevant because what I say is good is just my opinion. There is no super guru on the planet who is going to say "this works and that does not work" and it be true, because the truth is NOBODY knows until it's tested and tracked.

      I could say that a squeeze page looks terrible, and then eat my words with egg on my face when that sucker converts like wildfire. I could say, "give away the farm and move the free-line" but then that might not convert as well as giving away a cheat-sheet one page PDF.

      Impossible question to answer really and anyone who is out there driving tons of traffic and converting and doing all of this knows that. Now, I could do all of what you are asking, but I dont feel like doing all that work to show examples and all of that here. I dont have the time or desire. sorry.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361882].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
      Originally Posted by Gambino View Post

      I disagree. This is another version of the same rehashed info that gets passed around here on this forum every single day. It's really of no use to the newbies that were targeted until it gets more in depth.
      who are you to disagree? Just because you disagree does not mean squat. Great, you disagree, congrats!

      I totally disagree with you disagreeing. My post does help newbies... and a lot more than yours does.

      Like I said already, to answer all your questions and go more "in depth"... that is called "a course!" not a forum post.

      Anyway, continuing on to answer some more of your questions (although knowingly will not be good enough no matter what, but I'm sick at home on medicine so the entertainment is worth posting...


      Where do you recommend driving traffic from? What's a good budget to start with?
      Facebook ads
      $100 per day

      Unless you cannot afford $100 per day, then go less.

      Or

      If you can afford more and want to test and track faster, spend more than $100 per day.



      How often do you mail your list?
      Well, FIRST... you need a list.

      You laugh, but 99% of all the newbies and intermediate marketers I've seen over the past 10 years online do not have a list... nor a squeeze page or even a niche picked out, much less how often to email them.

      Regardless, I'd say email them every day for the first 7 to 10 days. Mix it up, give away free stuff and sell stuff too. They want to buy. Yes, some will unsubscribe no matter what you do, but if you do not sell, they will not pay attention to you.

      Also build up an engagement with your list. The most important part of your email is the "From Name" so make sure you get the list to admire you. We buy from those we know, like and trust. If they do not know you, they will quickly not open your emails or click your links.

      I say email them often, 3-5 times per week at least.


      When do you start promoting?
      yesterday.

      Where to do you look for offers to promote?
      Well if you are actually trying to help your brothers and sisters on planet Earth solve a problem, then you'd be looking for products that actually do that for them, then really getting behind those products.

      If I'm chasing dollars and focused on that in that manner, then I'm looking for offers out there that I get paid 75% commissions on, or that pay me a CPA spiff, or whatever... but if I'm actually trying to help them, then I'm looking for solid products, awesome reviews and credibility and products people rave about... and most importantly, products I believe in myself.

      Then, I'll promote those aggressively because I believe in them. This is a big problem for marketers because they are focused on chasing cash instead of solving problems, so they never promote aggressively in the right way and money runs from them.

      Anyway, I rarely, rarely ever promote affiliate offers to my lists anyway. I promote my own stuff.


      How do you build relationships with other affiliates and product owners?
      the best way to build relationships is to give. Go help them, go give to them, go be there for them.


      How do you use social media to connect and/or sell to your target market? What do you share with them?
      You share what you are interested in because like attracts like. If I'm into Maserati's and I'm posting about those georgeous cars all the time, then those who are also into Maserati's will be engaged.

      If you are into fitness, then post stuff that interests you, because you are your market.

      Beyond that answer, this would be a big course I'd charge 5k for to teach beyond that answer.


      IMO, there is a lot more info that needs to be included to really provide any value for newbies. I realize it's time consuming to do so... And there are over a million different combinations of markets, niches, products, offers, etc that could be discussed here. But this is simply an outline of the most common stuff talked about on this forum.
      Then why don't you try and do better? Do that yourself instead of picking on my post. I had good intentions on posting that. I did not expect to be insulted for posting a friendly post of advice. I understand when I put "million dollar marketer" it will attract folks who are jaded, jealous and antagonists, but all you did was complain. Do better yourself then.

      Unless you yourself are a newbie? if so, then I threw a little more advice your way. You're welcome.

      Although, I learned a long-long time ago... give a mouse a cookie, it will want a glass of milk.

      Thanks!

      Eric Louviere
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361908].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

        Wow, I am glad for the reminder of why I, and so many others, stopped posting here. It's like the place went to the bottom feeders and pretenders of the marketplace. The trolls inherited the Earth!
        Good lord, another example of people "running off " highly esteemed Warriors who have contributed highly to the Forum over the years.

        Lets see it was Willie Crawford earlier this year. Then Ron Douglas last month.
        Welcome to the club, Eric

        And we wonder why this Forum is going in the sh@tter
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361929].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author @tjr
    All great questions, Gambino. But, if a novice entrepreneur doesn't have the drive or ability to start finding the answers to those questions themselves, then do they really have a chance of making it in business anyways?

    The answers are all out there. Not within this post, they'll have to look outside this site, outside of the Internet even. They'll have to do a lot of testing. This can be their starting point, If they're smart.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10336490].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Thanks Eric. I know some say its rehashed material. But just because something is rehashed doesn't make it any less credible.

      In this business, some things are repeated for a purpose...i.e. because it is material that is so important and critical that many need it constantly ingrained in their heads to make it 'stick' lol

      Btw, to you guys who may not know Eric is truly a Millionaire Marketer


      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10336515].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by discrat View Post


        In this business, some things are rehashed for a purpose...i.e. because it is material that is so important and critical that many need it constantly ingrained in their heads to make it 'stick' lol
        It would be a lot more effective if people learnt this for themselves,
        rather than having it rammed down their throats everyday.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10336520].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author discrat
          Originally Posted by lgibbon View Post

          It would be a lot more effective if people learnt this for themselves,
          rather than having it rammed down their throats everyday.
          yes this is true.
          But it doesn't hurt to be given the basic blueprint and then go from there. You have to start somewhere
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10336595].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wolfofwallstreet
      Well, I tried every bent and crooked path, found my fortune anyhow, It's part of the super marketer lifestyle I guess....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337578].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Great post Eric. There are no more *secrets* online. Unless you buy a Mortal Combat game cheat code book. Making money online isn't at all complex. If you sell low priced products, make sure you have a $500+ above slack adjuster to cover the overall loss of a customer - and eventually get into breaking even or profiting. Good tips - even though most won't use it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10336795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobuzz
    I can realize what you are trying to indicate. Yes many will suggest not to put all your eggs in one basket. That does not mean you have to put your eggs in 1000 basket! If anyone have solid knowledge about one particular domain, they can get success.
    Signature
    SecondIncomeBlog.com
    Ideas and Techniques to Make Money Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337057].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
      Originally Posted by seobuzz View Post

      I can realize what you are trying to indicate. Yes many will suggest not to put all your eggs in one basket. That does not mean you have to put your eggs in 1000 basket! If anyone have solid knowledge about one particular domain, they can get success.
      Well, listen... I get what you are saying here and this is a big debatable topic.

      But, let me say this...

      I've seen TONS of people who have been at this for many years now and have never made squat online.

      So... here's how I look at it.

      If you cannot at least get a simple squeeze page up and online and start building a niche list, then not much else will work for you in business either. I mean, building up a niche list and selling affiliate stuff is probably the easiest business known to mankind.

      So, if that cannot even be accomplished, then everything else should be flat ignored.

      Another way to look at this is, if you cannot even get ONE online business to work, why spread yourself thin on trying to get 2, 3, 5, 10, 30 other online businesses to work? At the same time!?

      It's a viscous cycle and many-many marketers are STUCK in that cycle of chasing, chasing, buying, buying, chasing and chasing, learning and learning... and they get nowhere "income wise".

      Stop chasing, start selling.

      Make one thing work first.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    You have a point here:

    3. You need to drive quality, focused traffic to that squeeze page. HIGH quality traffic, not crap traffic and most solo ads are pure crap. PPC is better because you know it's real and not fake traffic
    BUT... just the mere fact that much of PPC traffic is verified (I am talking about Adwords here not bot-ridden 'mobile traffic networks' LOL) doesn't mean you'll make money.

    You have to pick the right PPC keyword targets.

    This is where INTENT FILTRATION comes in.

    2 people typing in similar keywords to Google may have TOTALLY different intent

    This can BURN A HOLE through your pocketbook........ unless you know how INTENT FILTRATION and broad search strategies can help you save money on PPC costs while boosting conversions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337151].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    This is debating old forum style the only thing missing is the monster eating popcorn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dustinthigpen
    HI Eric,

    I completely agree. Right on point. When millionaires talk, I tend to listen.
    Signature

    Did I help you?
    Get even more help in my free Facebook coaching group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/successwithdustin/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337506].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brothersinfotech
    really the best advice for newbie.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gambino
    Thanks for the follow up and additional information, Eric Louviere. Now, that started to add a some additional value to the original post. I think you've hit the nail on the head with identifying the right type of business for oneself and to focus one one niche.

    Digging a whole a mile deep as opposed to a mile wide is a metaphor I've never heard before but is spot on for many people here; myself included years ago.

    The only part in which I'd disagree a bit is this:

    Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

    Anyway, all this you ask or state here below
    All of this is "opinion" and irrelevant because what I say is good is just my opinion. There is no super guru on the planet who is going to say "this works and that does not work" and it be true, because the truth is NOBODY knows until it's tested and tracked.
    I know, that things change from niche to niche and project to project. Hell, 99% of the discussions on this forum don't in any way directly translate to my business. But, surely there are ideas, things you look for, things you would say are essential to your business, your squeeze pages, your marketing etc. And to me, even the "opinions" of a million dollar marketer should carry some weight.

    For me specifically, I look for other people's insights, and see how I can translate what they do, or what they're successful with to my business. Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. But I do value hearing of others success, especially when they're highly successful such as yourself.
    Signature

    Shop here and help us rescue dogs: RescuTees.com
    Join our affiliate program and earn 15% commissions here: Become an Affiliate

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
    Ok, you win.

    Well, look, I popped over here and decided to make a post. It was not intended as anything other than giving some pointers and making a post. My intentions were just that. I never thought I'd get hammered for the post not being remarkable (or even good).

    But it is what it is.

    I'm sure there are going to be several more posts in the thread from folks piling on as well. It's what happens. Sorry the post was not a good one. But, hopefully it helped 2 or 3 people because those are who it was targeted to.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361969].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author positivenegative
      Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

      Ok, you win.

      Well, look, I popped over here and decided to make a post. It was not intended as anything other than giving some pointers and making a post. My intentions were just that. I never thought I'd get hammered for the post not being remarkable (or even good).

      But it is what it is.

      I'm sure there are going to be several more posts in the thread from folks piling on as well. It's what happens. Sorry the post was not a good one. But, hopefully it helped 2 or 3 people because those are who it was targeted to.
      That's better.

      I've no doubt under that thick skinned, artificially created aura, maybe a decent guy could be hiding. A little humility never hurt anyone.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361975].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
        Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

        I never thought I'd get hammered for the post not being remarkable (or even good).
        You troublemaker you!


        Hi Eric!

        I'm happy to see you popping in.

        I've only been active lately cause I have to wait for more candycrush lives and have nothing better to do.

        lol
        Signature

        "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362030].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
        Originally Posted by positivenegative View Post

        That's better.

        I've no doubt under that thick skinned, artificially created aura, maybe a decent guy could be hiding. A little humility never hurt anyone.
        Have to love the fly buys who think they know everything and that he was replying to them lol
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362151].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author positivenegative
          Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

          Have to love the fly buys who think they know everything and that he was replying to them lol
          I believe the correct expression is fly by. Spelling, sarcasm and observation are evidently qualities that passed you by on your journey through life.

          Where exactly in this thread have I said or implied that I know everything? And what part of your brain led you to mistakenly believe I thought his comments were directed at me? Huh???

          If you have to throw your hat and two cents into the discussion at least get your facts correct. I don't think for one moment there's any remote possibility of that happening as your past record shows you to be nothing more than an interfering busybody, and yet another member of the small but exclusive clan on here who believe they are always right, and their opinion is the only one that matters.

          I call a spade a spade and say things how they are. I have done for over 10 years on here and a whole lot don't like it. The problem with so many sheep on a forum like this is they get sucked in to the nasty and vicious spiral of bullshit that's spouted by many, most of which is responsible for the tardy reputation that IM has.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362195].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
            Originally Posted by positivenegative View Post

            I believe the correct expression is fly by. Spelling, sarcasm and observation are evidently qualities that passed you by on your journey through life.

            Where exactly in this thread have I said or implied that I know everything? And what part of your brain led you to mistakenly believe I thought his comments were directed at me? Huh???

            If you have to throw your hat and two cents into the discussion at least get your facts correct. I don't think for one moment there's any remote possibility of that happening as your past record shows you to be nothing more than an interfering busybody, and yet another member of the small but exclusive clan on here who believe they are always right, and their opinion is the only one that matters.

            I call a spade a spade and say things how they are. I have done for over 10 years on here and a whole lot don't like it. The problem with so many sheep on a forum like this is they get sucked in to the nasty and vicious spiral of bullshit that's spouted by many, most of which is responsible for the tardy reputation that IM has.
            I thought he was ripping on me? He's ripping on you? I'm losing track on who's with me and who's with the terrorists in this thread now.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362324].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
              Originally Posted by positivenegative View Post

              I have done for over 10 years on here and a whole lot don't like it.
              Oh, so what was your original username? Cause your start date says 2014.


              Originally Posted by @tjr View Post

              How can I stoke this fire...
              Need a light?

              Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

              Just dive in and think-up some kind of passive aggressive attack... there's some pretty good examples in here already.
              (jill runs to tape her fingers up as it is way too easy)

              Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

              I thought he was ripping on me? He's ripping on you? I'm losing track on who's with me and who's with the terrorists in this thread now.
              LOL, well, it is just one price to pay when posting in forums. It can be difficult to know sometimes how people are reading the posts and if they are really reading everything.

              I've always had a sense that your posting intentions are sincere. But I could be spoiled as I've been able to actually hear you in late night marketing chats.

              Speaking of which, someone needs to fire one of those up soon sometime. I really miss hearing some people.
              Signature

              "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362351].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
            [QUOTE=positivenegative;10362195]I believe the correct expression is fly by. Spelling, sarcasm and observation are evidently qualities that passed you by on your journey through life.]

            Well caught sir on the spelling, my reason for the reply was the way i read your rip on Eric and standing up for him hence the reply and also that your start date was 2014! so I am thinking you got punted before the buy out to the new owners so you had to get a new name, so may I asked of the old name and to whom I have peed off...!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marc Rodill
    Just because it's old news doesn't make it irrelevant.

    I think it was pretty far and away from spamming.

    This is a valuable thread to who it's targeted for.

    Nice job taking the heat.

    Marc

    PS. Of course the devil's in the details, but it's impossible to spell those details out. It's marketing. It's a matter of trial and error no matter what. You gotta get it on your own. It's not for everybody.
    Signature
    Long Lost Warriors! The Secret Sales System! Act Now! Buy Now! Right Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrmemory
    I think one problem is that so many haven't developed themselves enough to prove solutions to others or even have insight into what a real solution is so that they can effectively affiliate. Become a master so you can teach and teach so you can learn.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    If you don't have nothin' nice to say.... or something like that.

    It's too simple to work, Eric. ;P So.... where's the secret sauce?

    (PS in case it's missed, that's sarcasm. People in the trenches get people's panties in a bunch.)

    negativepositive, it's not that people "don't like it" it's just that it's incredibly negative and lends into your mindset, whether you realize it or not. You didn't contribute anything to the contrary, only negativity. People don't like negativity, even if it's cloaked as "truth" and that person thinks their opinion is the only one that matters. (See what I did thar?)

    You're just trying to start arguments by picking at people's spelling. How's that contribute? See the negativity and confrontational attitude overflowing? We do.

    I like positivity. A positive addition to this post would have been "yeah man! Bing ads is KILLING it right now for low CPCs and under $1 per lead!".

    Who cares if it's been posted a thousand times? You going to be the thread police for the next thousand times? Seems like you've got too much pent up negative energy, to me. (I see it because I've had to deal with it!)

    I digress. Sorry for the derail. OP speaks the truth, y0
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gambino
    Just for future reference..

    If you make 50 to 100k per year online, are you a "million dollar marketer?" Since you will make a million dollars in 10-20 years?

    Or do you have to make one million dollars in one calendar year?

    Or do you have to make one million dollars online in your lifetime?
    Signature

    Shop here and help us rescue dogs: RescuTees.com
    Join our affiliate program and earn 15% commissions here: Become an Affiliate

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362241].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
      Originally Posted by Gambino View Post

      Just for future reference..

      If you make 50 to 100k per year online, are you a "million dollar marketer?" Since you will make a million dollars in 10-20 years?

      Or do you have to make one million dollars in one calendar year?

      Or do you have to make one million dollars online in your lifetime?
      you're trying too hard now.

      But just to feed the trolls more... I actually do only make around 50k to 100k.

      Per month.

      How about you?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362322].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Gambino
        Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

        you're trying too hard now.

        But just to feed the trolls more... I actually do only make around 50k to 100k.

        Per month.
        Not to shabby. Mid 60ks on average per year, the last two years.

        I hope to get on your level but this darn 7 to 7 job keeps slowing me down.

        I ordered a fathead with your avatar on it.

        Congrats, sir.
        Signature

        Shop here and help us rescue dogs: RescuTees.com
        Join our affiliate program and earn 15% commissions here: Become an Affiliate

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362331].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author discrat
          Wow, a tremendous amount of haters here. Even some just blatantly saying how can they stoke the fires even more.

          Unbelievable !!

          Eric, its getting to the point where we should leave the haters to themselves and let them dwell in their own misery amongst each other

          Im the first one to get after people who are not altruisic in this Forum. There are a lot of them out there.

          But I am also perceptive enough to separate the bad ones from the good ones.

          And this is a prime example of many of you who are way off target in separating the good ones from the bad ones...as Eric is one of the good ones !

          And you are just being disrespectful and showing your true colors to a Warrior who has helped many many people over the years
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362348].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
          Originally Posted by Gambino View Post

          Not to shabby. Mid 60ks on average per year, the last two years.

          I hope to get on your level but this darn 7 to 7 job keeps slowing me down.

          I ordered a fathead with your avatar on it.

          Congrats, sir.
          I shouldn't have been so tough on ya. Apologize to ya. I can see now how you could read my post and feel the way you did. I remember those days and I often felt the same way... I just wanted the steps and the answers and it seemed those who are "where I want to be" just never gave the real steps.

          I hear ya now. I took it more as an attack than anything but I don't think that's how you really meant it now. I could be wrong. Either way though, sorry to be so tough on ya with my responses.

          I'll give you some of my own opinions and a few things I wish someone would have taught me years ago, for what it's worth:

          1. I really wish someone would have taught me that there are customers at every price point in every worthy market... that people really can afford much more than you realize and people will spend much more than you realize.

          I could sell something here for $12, or take the same exact offer and sell it for $1,200. it can be the same course, the same everything, but yet, have a higher price, and people will pay it if done right. Many are stuck selling cheap stuff because they feel it's what people will pay, but they are wrong.

          people will pay MUCH more than you realize. I just got a new customer who told me he spent over 100k on IM products and seminars this year alone, and more last year.

          It's much easier to make 10k per month selling (10) $1,000 offers than selling 10,000 ($1 units)... or 3,000 ($3 units). It's even eaiser to sell one person at 10k versus 10 customers at 1k.

          This is not what's taught out there, and it took me years to really understand this phenomena. It really just comes down to your guts and courage to even ask for that price point. It's not really all that different.

          I took a guy here who sold a product for $17 on the WSO and took it and turned it into a 1k offer and we did over 300k with that offer in a year or so. The offer was pretty much the same except we added 6 group Q&A calls to the offer and rebranded it under my name.

          which leads me to #2

          2. No matter what, we are in the reputation business... not the info marketing business.

          people will argue that point until the cows come home, but it's the truth. Customers buy reputation and if you can build your own reputation and manufacture it by focusing on it, your conversions will skyrocket.

          A nobody can come out with a product on "Facebook Traffic" and it can be the very best FB traffic product there is. It can be loaded with awesomeness, but if that person is a nobody, it might be hard to sell, even for $97.

          However, my man Frank Kern can come out with a product on FB traffic and sell it for $2500 and bank 2mm selling it, even if it was nowhere even close to as good as a product as the nobody sold. Because he's a rock star in our market, the thing will sell like crazy.

          I'm not saying you have to be a rock star or a guru, but you do certainly have to build a reputation. Before I even buy a $9 book on Amazon, I read the reviews... not because I dont want to waste nine-freaking-dollars, I could not care less about stupid $9...

          It's because of my time! I dont want to waste my time reading a book if it sucks and I'll read the reviews before I buy it. Same thing happens with your customers. They might look you up or search the forum or even PM some people who bought your product before buying... not because of money, but they dont want to waste their time!

          Your reputation in a niche marketplace is paramount and it is not to be taken lightly. Again, tons will hate what I'm saying because most want to hide behind the Internet using fake screen names and act like they are some authority. They dont want to be public... yet that just hurts them.

          If you want to earn more, become more... get known more, build your reputation, engage the audience, expand your reach.

          3. Paid traffic is huge. It's huge because not only are you getting traffic and clicks and sales and building your list... but for yet another reason nobody talks about... BRANDING!

          When you advertise here or on FB or Twitter or wherever, people in the market see your advertisements even though they might not buy or even click your ad! They still see your brand and it's top of mind awareness.

          I advertise, and every time I try and use my gorgeous picture of my happy shiny face.

          lol, but it's because it creates "branding" or top of mind awareness, even if a small percentage clicks the ad.

          It's all connected.

          Again, none of that is "step by step" or "here's a tool to do this or that" but that's not what I like to talk about, because all that stuff never made me huge quantum leaps in my income. It was always a new way of looking at things that helped me reach a new, higher level.

          it was realizing that it's not important if I use FB ads or Twitter ads, but that I'm actually using ads in the first place. It's realizing that the product I create does not need to be hyper-perfect, it just needs to be launched. It was realizing that people will pay you much more if you raise your prices and raise your self worth. It was realizing that the main ingredients to succeed in business is courage and discipline, which is in short supply in our world.

          Lastly, it was beneficial for me to learn an insight from "John Reese" years ago. He called it "smacking the bee hive". He said, in your niche, sometimes you should walk up to them as if they are a giant bee hive, and smack the bee hive with a stick. The bees will go swarming all over the place... just like your market will if you do this right.

          Well, one segment of your niche you can use to do such a thing are the people I call: Trolls, bottom feeders and haters. These morons can be your best "tool" if used properly.

          Laterz.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author @tjr
    How can I stoke this fire...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Stewart
    Oh my goodness! I can't believe how much this place has changed. I'd have given just about anything (within reason) to know what Eric just shared for FREE back in 2004 when I first started doing this.

    This guy is the "real deal".

    You've also got Sid Hale, who's also the "real deal", immediately endorsing him right after he started the thread.

    I don't understand all of the criticism. Well, I do from some of you because you seem to thrive on negativity. You guys are being handed a blueprint of one proven way to make money online, yet you complain and criticize.

    By the way, Eric just gave away a TON of value, so why would it be a big deal for him to have a link in his Sig where people can go, learn more from him and possibly buy one of his products at some point? Even if you never bought anything, you'd still get a lot of value for FREE.

    Unbelievable.

    Thank you for sharing your wisdom, Eric. Much appreciated.

    Joe
    Signature

    My New "Share All" Blog Is Coming Soon! Online & Offline Marketing, More!

    http://www.UnCENTSored.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FinallyDetacted
    Very good tread I must admit. Eric and the responders who challenged Eric's post which allowed for the thread to provide even better quality content, I truly appreciated you all. Thank you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gambino
    Eric,

    You killed it with your last post. I've read a lot of your posts here at WF and it's obvious you know what you're talking about and have a wealth of knowledge. So, much appreciation for your contribution to this place. Hopefully, I didn't come across as too much of a butt-wipe because that wasn't my intention. It was my intention to dig a little deeper into your brain though.

    Part of my issue with warrior forum these days is that it's focused on the basics. The newbs, and the small minded thinking. There's an old saying that great minds discuss ideas. And larger ideas, innovation, and true discussion of advanced marketing/business is lacking here. As you said, too many focus on the $12 ebook and you get the endless cycle we see here now.

    I think that contributes to people like yourself and other experienced markets not sticking around - there isn't much to offer you here. And people will probably pay you thousands of dollars outside of here for your knowledge. It doesn't make sense to stick around for more advanced marketers. It's to bad, because a lot of us could learn a lot from you and others.

    Thanks again for sticking around and the additional posts. Good luck in the future.
    Signature

    Shop here and help us rescue dogs: RescuTees.com
    Join our affiliate program and earn 15% commissions here: Become an Affiliate

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362484].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ryan David
    I would bet that the reason so many people are confused is because all these "rockstars" are pitching different things every week.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TLearyjr
    WELL SAID! I ENJOY HONESTY. THANK YOU FOR SHARING.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362704].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Streby
    this was really fun to read lol. I love it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Asadullah72
    nice and helpful post. Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author focusedlife
    I love Eric Louviere.

    That is all.

    Thank you.

    Regards,

    Los

    P.S. That is not all...but that is all I have to add to this particular thread.

    Haters are always hating.

    Losers keep on losing.

    Givers keep on giving.

    Winners keep on winning.

    I'm not sure how to turn this into a worthwhile jingle.

    Anyways...folks that don't pay attention to the folks who made it to the top will never get past the first floor, except, perhaps, if they fall into the basement.
    Signature
    The only group with more actionable info than any WSO → The Parlay Society
    Want me to write stuff for you? → Click here to check this out
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OmarMartin
    This place has become a cesspool of haters and trolls. It used to be awesome here. Now it's mostly broke ass people trying to give advice while hating on those that are truly successful.

    Any body that's truly successful online can tell who's a phony just by the way they say certain things. It's comical to watch actually. I bet most of the people passing judgments and giving advice In here still have full time jobs doing something else yet they come here on nights and weekends to play the role of marketing big shots.


    In 2012 I made over $500k on this forum from just 2 wso's. I used to be in here all the time. I now make multiple 7 figures per year. And seeing the way people troll in here I remember why I don't like to post in here any more.



    You guys are so freaking clever that you push out those that can help you the most. All that leaves in here is a bunch of blind noobs leading blind noobs.


    Damn this place has changed.
    It's Sad actually, not comical.
    Signature

    Omar Martin, CEO
    Higher Level Strategies, LLC
    OmarMartin.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363428].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by OmarMartin View Post


      Any body that's truly successful online can tell who's a phony just by the way they say certain things. It's comical to watch actually. I bet most of the people passing judgments and giving advice In here still have full time jobs doing something else yet they come here on nights and weekends to play the role of marketing big shots.


      .
      Yep, its also sad and pathetic to see the same people over and over again giving lip service with one liners that have zero substance and are meant to just take a dig at people here. And many times it is unrelated to business (like personally attacking one's appearance on Avatar. Just childish.)

      They know exactly who they are. And I feel embarrassed for them because many times they're giving lip service to really worthy and highly successful Warriors.

      And they do not even know it. Or even worse they know it and just don't care

      As Eric says reputation is everything. Too bad these people are permanently scarring their own in front of all of us to see
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363506].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sam England
      I have not visited this shit hole in a few years now...NOW I REMEMBER WHY!

      I have not time for dealing with people who want to play games and post meaningless arguments...like the crap that continually happens here on the forums. (plenty of perfect examples right here on this thread )

      I want to make money so I can live a better life and also help others achieve success online...life is too short for nothing less.

      Back to work everyone...

      Keep up the great stuff Eric...your the BEST!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363514].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author drogoman
        Regarding re-hashed content:

        Think of it like this . . .

        If you bumped into a guy who had been struggling running a market stall day in day out for 10 years gave you business advice, would you give it the time of day?

        If Richard Branson gave you the same advice . . .

        Personally I choose to listen to people who have made it big in this business because I want to emulate them.

        If they say something is so, then I tend to listen, because they have the earned the authority to be listened to.

        Personally I like to take Jim Rohn's advice and become a student, not a follower, although I would qualify that with the fact I would rather have my heart surgery performed by an experienced qualified surgeon than someone who took a half-day first aid course.

        Thanks Eric for showing such patience with everyone here. Your words have been gratefully received by some of us.
        Signature

        Terry Jenkins

        Internet Marketer
        http://inf-opps.com/blog/

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363565].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dewittosb
      @OmarMartin, I totally agree with your statement, I personally come here to attempt to learn from people who have had a measure of success, I leave confused and disappointed....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370452].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Btw, just got two emails from Eric last two days. I tell you what he went up and beyond what I receive from anyone else whose List I'm on !!

        Fantastic stuff , Eric
        Thanks
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    I have it on good authority that email marketing is dead.

    You there, op, reveal thy treachery!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363568].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    To be fair to the new owners, Eric's been getting this kind of "love" almost every time he posts for years now - not just after the buyout.

    I know because I was one of those that had to repent many years ago about my own attitude with him after I researched up on the guy, downloaded some stuff he was offering, joined his email list, and started turning my own business around partly due to being willing to listen to and start to implement some of his rehashed junk that every fool already knows.

    And yes I took advantage of his sig whoring and am listening now. Glad I did.

    Thanks Eric - from a former skeptic.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363708].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
      Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

      To be fair to the new owners, Eric's been getting this kind of "love" almost every time he posts for years now - not just after the buyout.

      I know because I was one of those that had to repent many years ago about my own attitude with him after I researched up on the guy, downloaded some stuff he was offering, joined his email list, and started turning my own business around partly due to being willing to listen to and start to implement some of his rehashed junk that every fool already knows.

      And yes I took advantage of his sig whoring and am listening now. Glad I did.

      Thanks Eric - from a former skeptic.

      Mark
      You are now with the dark side Luke.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363914].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Eric, there's been a rash of those spammer types resurrecting old threads with their trash. When I saw your name pop up on the first page of the forum, I thought some spammer had found one of yours. Glad it wasn't one of those, nice to see you here.

        BTW, my wife thinks your beard looks stupid. Don't go feeling special, now. She thinks all beards look stupid.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Gosse
    Haters and trolls killed off the helpful people here.

    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363991].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
      Originally Posted by Brad Gosse View Post

      Haters and trolls killed off the helpful people here.
      For me, it was more that I didn't think my future customer was here.

      I invest in the communities that build my business. When I reached the point that I was not learning anything new from the forum ("it's all rehashed!"), I recognised that for what it was: I know what I need to know. I have joined the ranks of people who know what they're talking about. And it became time for me to start packaging and delivering what I knew in an effort to help others, rather than trying to learn more myself. Which you do in a combination of the main forum and the WSO forum.

      But sometimes the way you deliver your content doesn't resonate with people. They want a teacher and mentor who just, you know... isn't you. This isn't because they're defective, but because different markets are different. And when a market responds to what you offer with anger and invective, clearly they're not interested in it.

      The more I refined and detailed my content, the more I realised my sales here were just not getting any better. So I jumped ship and developed a new presence in a new market where those products were more valued and would make more sales.

      My psychic powers tell me that if I put a WSO up in the forum, it would make few if any sales. So I don't care. It would pay for itself and generate a profit, but not enough to justify the opportunity cost of pursuing some other market instead.
      Signature
      "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364004].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author writeaway
      Originally Posted by Brad Gosse View Post

      Haters and trolls killed off the helpful people here.

      Nice vector troll toon. Love your biz model, BG. One term comes to mind: deep vertical marketing.

      Quick question:

      Where did the helpful people go? Where are the big names now?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 250gatch
    I joined this site to try to find out who the scammers are - asking me for money every day. I'm a newbie and know dick all. This sort of reminds me of our camera club. Should the forum be broken up into 2 factions? Beginners and Pro's? You can't keep both sides happy. The Newbies will leave because it is too complicated and the Pro's are bored to death. Am I reading this right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364034].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tony_Brayley
      I haven't been here in awhile...

      Is this representative of what goes on here now? I don't make my living doing IM, but I appreciate it, and one day I will. Anyway, keeping my toe in the water helps me to not lose touch with what goes on, and with the latest and greatest.

      So, I popped in tonight to see what's cooking, and landed on this thread. OMG! I've been on this forum for awhile now (years), and this is amazing!

      Someone who knows the biz, lives the biz, has an awesome lifestyle because of the biz, chooses to share, and gets attacked because the "sharing" isn't good enough!

      Really???!!!!!

      Unbelievable!

      Eric has just proved the old adage "NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED"!!!

      Keep up the sharing, Eric! There's a good handful of us that won't punish you!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marc Rodill
    I love this thread. It's great marketing. Not to mention, you know - all market's go thru their cycles. I was skeptical at first but this place is still a virtual goldmine - if you do it right.

    Isn't that a big part of Breakthrough Advertising?

    Caliban is right though. It's definitely not for everybody.

    This thread could easily be a sign - if not the catalyst - of an upcoming change in the tide.

    PS. These successful guys aren't saying it's a sin to be broke. Hardly. There's no shame in being broke. But there
    is in staying that way. Opportunity is everywhere.

    The sin is in pretending that you're something you're not, spouting off at the mouth, attacking people who are the real deal, and dishing out misinformation as the "gospel truth" when you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

    Yes - it's pretty easy to see thru the ruse. You don't have to be a millionaire to do so.
    Signature
    Long Lost Warriors! The Secret Sales System! Act Now! Buy Now! Right Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon Anthony
    Wow. There should have been a post at the top of this thread telling us to go grab some popcorn before reading ! Amazing stuff.

    But hey, we all know how trolls are and how their minds work. Only a sick and negative minded troll would start attacking Eric. Someone who wants an online business but never takes action and probably never made a dime online after years of pretending. So naturally they're bitter towards people who have made it. It's a cry for help ... "Why don't you tell me EXACTLY what I need to do step-by.step ?". "Hey, can you even do it for me ? ". And preferably for free, and also give me a bullet-proof guarantee that this will work now and well into future. Something where I only need to work 2 hours per week to earn a few hundred thousand a year online.

    And there are those do get this post. People who take action and have started a business. People who already have websites/Blogs/sales pages/squeeze pages/own products up online and aren't afraid to go spending a few bucks per day on paid ads. These people get it. They may not necessarily have made a ton of money yet, but they get it and leave thanks.

    Making money online is a journey. And part of that journey for many people is to transcend the negative limiting mindset and realise that it does involve work, and it does involve pain and failure. But remaining 100% committed to battling through it with a cast iron will to succeed.
    And you will never achieve that with the negative mindset of some of the people who posted earlier in this thread. NEVER.

    I may not have made a ton of money online yet, but I will do. You see, I listen to people like Eric. He's where I want to be. I suggest many other people on here do the same, and stop taking advice from nobodies who hide behind false names and random profile images. Learn from those that really know.

    Nice one Eric. Always been one of your biggest fans, and always will be. But hey, I'm guessing that you are loving this thread anyway. Knowing the way your mind works, I'm sure you're secretly very happy. Polarise people like hell and sift out your true followers, eh ? Nice job Shame the troll earlier didn't even realise that. And he thought he was being so clever too !! Eric 1 - Troll 0.

    About time someone tried to elevate this forum a bit. And here's a tip : You don't do that by attacking people like Eric.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364718].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364789].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spastee
    Yes, here I also provided something similar where any one earn online money through sharing our links on true sites. It is the easy task which is any one able to do that without any spacial training and other things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon Anthony
    Matter of opinion. I think the saddest thing I've read here to date, was your post just now saying my post was the saddest thing to date. Your post speaks volumes about you.

    I am far from a "butt kissing sheep". There are plenty of gurus I have no time for. Eric has helped many many people here over the years. And you're one of the people here who just doesn't "get it".

    Yes the forum has gone to the dogs. Happened years ago and is now in rapid decline. Why ? Because someone like Eric who's made millions can't come on here without getting slammed by people who have ZERO credentials (and probably no internet business), and then people like you come on and defend them.

    The issue with this forum is the whiners and complainers. That is why WF has declined so much. It's full of people with a huge sense of entitlement, who think the world owes them a living and expect those that know to come on here and give away their entire business model for free.
    Not saying everyone on here is like that, but there's a huge group here who think like that.

    It's why so many product creators left the WSO thread. Not because of the WSO sales copy changes, but that's part of it. But because of the ever increasing flood of annoying nonsense comments you get in WSO threads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364799].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    This one is REALLY good:
    3. You need to drive quality, focused traffic to that squeeze page. HIGH quality traffic, not crap traffic and most solo ads are pure crap. PPC is better because you know it's real and not fake traffic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gacott
    LOL, starting to look like the return of the dead around here. :-)

    It has indeed quite awhile since I have placed my feet upon the ground of the Warrior Forum as well - obviously for many of the same reasons as many others. I was sent a ping about this post from one of my employees.

    I think in the heart of hearts for many of us who used to spend a lot of time on these forums, we look back and shake our heads. Such a wonderful vehicle for so many careers - mine included. Not only did I learn a lot from others, I also learned a lot about selling to others, and truly isn't that what Internet marketing is about?

    Talking about squeeze pages, sales pages, testing, testing, testing - understanding what kinds of product are "hot" and why. Then developing VALUE based products from that information.

    I do miss you Warrior Forum and I do miss the opportunity to "give back" to something that has given so much to me. But honestly, the LAST thing you want when you are trying to give something of value is for somebody to turn right around and to start questioning your ethics and trolling you.

    Garret
    Signature

    Short URL and QR Code Marketing like you have never see before. Scrimp takes it to a whole new level!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364953].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10365363].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Braznyc
    1. You need to pick and stick to ONE niche market (demographics). There's no reason to go after tons of different markets until you get one to work.

    I have to disagree with this one.

    Things come and go.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10365420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wbstefan
    Great advices Eric, but first statement can be misunderstood if you said it like that.
    New marketeer should first validate niche and idea before sticking with it in the long run.

    For example:
    When I started, my first projects were online flash games or video websites. After, when you advance and learn new things, you get better ideas and try other niches.
    That is the learning proces and you should be in it first 3 years before entering first 'life' project. When you start a really big project you can see if it is going to be profitable in 2 years. If not, change market, follow new idea.
    You'll have a plenty of shots to succeed, just keep working and think big.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10365500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author daverh
    This thread is pretty amazing. I've read it from from the first post to this point and am about done with it except to say posts #1 and #47 are very worthwhile in my humble opinion. Thanks for that Eric. The rest, with a few exceptions, is pretty chaotic, and somewhat disturbing. I'll wager a lot of things posted here would not be said face to face.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10365554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tyronne78
    Solid tips Eric..thanks!

    Love the irresistible offer you give away as a lead magnet (clicked your signature)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10366921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tyronne78
    Here are a few tips from a soon to be millionaire.

    Here you go...

    Tip #1 - Pick a niche you have a passion for...immerse yourself in that sucker!
    Tip #2 - Design a value funnel that maximizes the lifetime value of your customers.
    Tip #3 - Re-invest a good portion of your profits back into the business so you can scale it fast
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10366940].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gsesoftsolutions
    Really good advice. We have to stick with one niche to get success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10367360].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chyan007
    Banned
    Nice Post Eric,

    I appreciate it,

    Like i said there are people who will always complain no matter what, so that is not a new news

    Instead of doing anything for themselves ,Their primary objective is to complain...Lol

    Have a good day
    Chyanit
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10367381].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author towkayjoe
      Hi,

      Great post and some really good advice. Enjoyed the read.

      Thanks for sharing.
      Joe.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10367451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

    Hey,

    Here's some quick advice to you...

    Many new marketers want to do 1,000 different things to start producing revenue online. I mean, they are everywhere and all over the place, trying all kinds of different ways to make money online.

    On Monday they are doing Kindle, on Tuesday they are flipping sites, on Wednesday they are blogging, on Thursday they are doing YT videos and Friday something else... and so on.

    They think they have to learn 1,000 different things.

    Yet, one year turns into 10 years and they still have NOT earned much at all online.

    Here's the advice:

    you do not need to learn or do 1,000 different things... just a few things.

    1. You need to pick and stick to ONE niche market (demographics). There's no reason to go after tons of different markets until you get one to work.

    2. You need a squeeze page or lead capture system that gives something away free to build a list.

    This squeeze page needs to be tweaked and focused on.

    3. You need to drive quality, focused traffic to that squeeze page. HIGH quality traffic, not crap traffic and most solo ads are pure crap. PPC is better because you know it's real and not fake traffic

    4. You need to manage that list big time. Turn them on to YOU. Get them to know, like and trust YOU.

    5. Build up a presense online via Social Media and such. Be everywhere. Most hide behind the net, go get visible and get out there.

    Now, if you cannot do those 5 things listed, then there's no reason to even try to do anything else. If you cannot AT LEAST do that above, then this is likely not for you and I just saved you 10 years of wasted time.

    This listed above is probably the easiest long term business I know of. So, if you cannot at least do that above, then I doubt any other business system or "opportunity" will work for you either.

    At least build a list, and until then, forget everything else.

    There is no easy button.

    Build a real business that helps real people solve a problem. Period.

    Thanks and All The Best!

    Eric Louviere
    Quitters never win, Winners never quit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10367461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Notice that the OP mentioned that solo ad traffic is mostly crap due to lack of authenticity.

    Do a search for threads here and on other boards where people complain about solo ads

    His point is very valid: create your own fresh audience from PPC traffic.

    This thread can save people TONS of money.

    Seriously.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10368222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shuvoimtiaz
    Really awesome writing and great advice. I also think every newbie must follow your 5 rules for online business success. Thanks for sharing your valuable thought.
    Signature

    Mastermind @ Innoovate. We offer content marketing that works.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10368297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ma247
    I like these strategy.
    I prefer mostly list
    building for long
    time business.

    Thanks for sharing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10368858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jimmcdonald909
    What Eric says about people buy from gurus..is spot on. Didn't Robert K. (Rich Dad..) say the same thing?

    People love a guru.

    Think of it this way:

    How to win at Tennis....Jim Smith $5.00
    How to Win at Tennis Rodger Federer $29.00

    Which one sells?
    Signature

    Huge profits in lower priced, micro cap, momentum stocks
    www.investmentswithadifference.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10369278].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by jimmcdonald909 View Post

      What Eric says about people buy from gurus..is spot on. Didn't Robert K. (Rich Dad..) say the same thing?

      People love a guru.

      Think of it this way:

      How to win at Tennis....Jim Smith $5.00
      How to Win at Tennis Rodger Federer $29.00

      Which one sells?
      Yes but these days "guru" really has negative connotations at least in the realm of Online Marketing.

      What is a guru anyway ?

      I think anymore people around here have suspicions when someone else wears that particular label.
      Unfortunately, even if it is legit or not


      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dsilvestre
    Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

    Many new marketers want to do 1,000 different things to start producing revenue online. I mean, they are everywhere and all over the place, trying all kinds of different ways to make money online.

    On Monday they are doing Kindle, on Tuesday they are flipping sites, on Wednesday they are blogging, on Thursday they are doing YT videos and Friday something else... and so on.
    For me personally this was THE most important thing in the OP. Focus on one: one method, one website, one goal.

    Most of this advice has been posted in the forum and online for ages but as some stated previously, it's one thing to get it from "what's-his-name" and another one to hear it from Eric.

    IM is easy to explain but requires a lot of work. Here's the play-by-play with keywords only: One Niche -> Build a List & Engage with Your Subscribers -> Drive Targeted Traffic -> Get Your Brand Out There.

    That's all there is to it.

    I'm glad this thread has had a lot of views and that you shared this Eric, hopefully some people will listen this time around

    Cheers
    Dan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370043].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kimanierick
    that is a very nice post and educative. its simple you cannot be everywhere, try one thing at a time and this will help you polish your skills in that particular niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370090].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Yes but these days "guru" really has negative connotations at least in the realm of Online Marketing.

      What is a guru anyway ?

      I think anymore people around here have suspicions when someone else wears that particular label.
      Unfortunately, even if it is legit or not


      - Robert Andrew
      Which is why I use spelling to differentiate between authentic (but relatively rare) "gurus" and the much more common but much less helpful "gooroos"...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370509].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joan Altz
      This thread reminded me of why Mike Filsaime left a few years ago (I think he still reads some threads here, but he doesn't contribute) - complainers.

      I revisited the EBS WSO thread where he closed it early, and I remember thinking at the time (this was 2011): "You idiots! You just ran off Mike-friggin-Filsaime!"

      Now a lot have left.

      Someone said in a reply that the grand departure actually began a few years ago, and I think he is right.

      That's probably why Allen decided to sell the WF also - he saw the writing on the wall.

      ---------------------------------
      Anyhow, this was a great contribution, and especially what you wrote in #47, Eric. Some very solid advice. Really good.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author redbeanco
    thank for your advice, I was drowned in this issue.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370540].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johntom2015
    Thank you for your great advice, I'll follow it. I just sign up FaceBook.
    I'm newbie, I have a question, I heard new FB account don't advertise, How long I can advertise on FB after I sign up FB.

    I appreciate your reply!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coolbreeze
    Eric great insights many thanks for sharing! What's the best way to build credibility? Seems no matter what it's a long slow process!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10417032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardworker2013
    Excellent advise, i fell into that trap of doing 1000 things when i got started over 6 years ago and the end result was frustration!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10417117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ladylavender
    Great post, Thanks so much for sharing

    LL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10417188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author azaria2410
    Yes. Build a real business that help real people solve their problem. It is very useful for me thank for your adivce
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10621686].message }}

Trending Topics