39 replies
I haven't held a job since 2011. Most people think, "Wow, that's so cool!" Yeah....NOT. For the past few years I've been making money online (enough to support myself), and I've done it for one reason: the MONEY. Looking back now, I realize how big of a mistake this was.

I mean, if you really think about it, the internet marketing world works like this: people making money online teaching other people how to make money online. Then, once those people get good, they teach other people how to make money online. It's sort of like a pyramid scheme if you ask me

So...

I'm OFFICIALLY resigning from internet marketing. This isn't to say that I'm not gonna start any online businesses. But the days of promoting MMO products are OVER. There's just not value in that in my opinion.

My focus has shifted entirely. Now I want to build something that HELPS the world. Something different. Something sustainable. Something awesome. Not teaching people how to make money online so that they can go on and repeat the cycle.

The cycle stops with me.

Rant over.
#resigning
  • Profile picture of the author Gambino
    Welcome to the club. Never been in the MMO niche and never wanted to be. There's plenty of money to be made online outside of the MMO niche. Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10336988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KeenR
    Sounds like your heart is not in it. You definitely need passion for this to hang in there. Best of luck with whatever you choose to do next.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rich Struck
    I'm glad to hear that someone finally gets it.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337080].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by Rich Struck View Post

      I'm glad to hear that someone finally gets it.
      I'm having trouble understanding this. Can you clarify a bit? Are you saying that if you are in the MMO niche you don't "get it?"

      If that's the case then I guess I'm glad I don't "get it," because I'm doing pretty well for myself and people who take coaching sessions from me seem to be pretty pleased about the results they get, so I must be doing a pretty good job helping people.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stackman
    Congratulations for seeing the light. I gave up on the MMO option years ago when it turned out to be a competitive battle with low-life scammers and well-meaning sellers who were clueless. It didn't matter if I had a legitimate product or service to sell. The scammers and know-nothings always won. Of course, there's always a renewable supply of ignorant and desperate buyers who will buy anything, given enough false promises. I just preferred to not be a part of that market which, unfortunately, is part of the WF tradition.

    I found if you provide a legitimate online product or service that appeals to intelligent people, you will achieve long-term success. My success is 20 years long. I think I know what I'm talking about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by ContentPro22 View Post


    I mean, if you really think about it, the internet marketing world works like this: people making money online teaching other people how to make money online. Then, once those people get good, they teach other people how to make money online. It's sort of like a pyramid scheme if you ask me
    Of course this is true.

    But here is the thing . Some of us have not even entered the MMO niche until we did other Niches outside of it and had success with that

    Sounds like you built your business based on Theory instead of actual experience !

    Your one of the ones that learned about IM and then taught other people about IM and got those people to teach others how to do IM etc..etc.

    Contrary to what you might think NOT everyone here is in that boat
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337125].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author James McAllister
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      But here is the thing . Some of us have not even entered the MMO niche until we did other Niches outside of it and had success with that

      Sounds like you built your business based on Theory instead of actual experience !
      Yep, and this is the problem with so many people. They start a business based on MMO because it's something they're interested in, but they have nothing unique to bring to the table, in one of the most competitive markets out there.

      I was one that had success outside of the 'big 3' before entering the MMO market, and only entered it because I knew I could compete and wanted a market that I wouldn't outgrow.

      Now I want to build something that HELPS the world
      The people that last in the MMO market are the ones genuinely helping people anyway. Same thing with any niche or market I suppose...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337228].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
        Originally Posted by James McAllister View Post


        The people that last in the MMO market are the ones genuinely helping people anyway. Same thing with any niche or market I suppose...
        Agree with you on that one. There are a few genuine people out there who actually care about helping others. Just a few that I can think of off the top of my head:

        - Corbett Barr
        - Darren Rowse (ProBlogger)
        - TinyLittleBusinesses
        - Tim Ferris (not really MMO, but sort of)

        But these people are a dime a dozen. Their primary motivation isn't the money.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337304].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Cypher
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Your one of the ones that learned about IM and then taught other people about IM and got those people to teach others how to do IM etc..etc.

      Contrary to what you might think NOT everyone here is in that boat
      I've never sold anything in the 'MMO' world.

      This is the misconception, especially here on this forum.

      People assume that to make it you have to cater to this forum and to the 'IM' niche, where in all actually 'MMO' is very different from any other online marketing opportunity out there.

      I recently joined the WF to get into the MMO niche, but found out that it would essentially be too much hassle to do what I wanted from it, not because of 'Tier 3' marketers, but because of the silver-spoon mindset many IMers have today.

      $7 for coaching, guarantees and a course that's supposed to teach everything about a subject?

      Nah, I'd rather sell a physical book for $5.95 and know that I can get monthly continuity offers from my members on coaching calls.(example)

      The money certainly is not only in the 'MMO' niche, and once marketers start to value themselves enough to raise prices, I'll consider it again.

      But, yeah, 'online marketing' or 'internet marketing' isn't all a scheme.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337240].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Of course this is true.

      But here is the thing . Some of us have not even entered the MMO niche until we did other Niches outside of it and had success with that
      Right. But how many people are like that?

      If I had to guess, I'd say that 95% of people start teaching others how to make money online using a course that taught them how to make money online.

      What worries me is that there isn't any value being offered here. No innovation. Just a perpetual cycle of people passing down information because they wanna make a quick buck.

      Not saying EVERYONE is like that, but sadly, this is the model that newbies tend to get sucked into.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pewpewpewmonkeys
    Then, once those people get good, they teach other people how to make money online. It's sort of like a pyramid scheme if you ask me
    Looks like you're not the right person to ask such questions then.

    If you're in the MMO arena then you either provide value to people or you don't.

    If you're saying that you didn't provide value, then good, leave and find something else that makes you feel productive. But if you provided value to people who enjoyed it, then I see no reason why you should be troubling yourself.
    Signature
    Some cause-oriented hackers recently hacked one of my websites. So I researched what they're about and then donated a large sum of money to the entity they hate the most.

    The next time they hack one of my websites I'm going to donate DOUBLE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337272].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
      Originally Posted by pewpewpewmonkeys View Post

      Looks like you're not the right person to ask such questions then.

      If you're in the MMO arena then you either provide value to people or you don't.

      If you're saying that you didn't provide value, then good, leave and find something else that makes you feel productive. But if you provided value to people who enjoyed it, then I see no reason why you should be troubling yourself.
      I don't regret the people I helped. I regret getting into this for the wrong reasons. If money is your primary motivator, you will fail eventually. I have't "failed", but I'm definitely burnt out.

      I thought that after four years of not having a boss and being able to do whatever the hell I wanted that it would make me happy- but it hasn't.

      My calling lies elsewhere...

      Tips for newbies: DON'T do this for the money. Do this because you love it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337286].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author James McAllister
        Originally Posted by ContentPro22 View Post

        I don't regret the people I helped. I regret getting into this for the wrong reasons. If money is your primary motivator, you will fail eventually. I have't "failed", but I'm definitely burnt out.

        I thought that after four years of not having a boss and being able to do whatever the hell I wanted that it would make me happy- but it hasn't.

        My calling lies elsewhere...

        Tips for newbies: DON'T do this for the money. Do this because you love it.
        I strongly disagree. Having the 'follow your passion and the money will follow' mindset deludes people into thinking they don't need to treat this like a business and prompts people to carry out dead ideas for longer than they should. I was a victim of this myself.

        Likewise, if your passion is making money than you're more likely to work on what you know will be profitable, even if its hard right now. The problem isn't chasing money, it's giving up. That just is easier to do when you don't enjoy what you're doing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337307].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
          Originally Posted by James McAllister View Post


          Likewise, if your passion is making money than you're more likely to work on what you know will be profitable, even if its hard right now. The problem isn't chasing money, it's giving up. That just is easier to do when you don't enjoy what you're doing.
          Studies have shown that money is an extremely poor motivator. When presented as the end goal, it decreases happiness, productivity, and creative thinking.

          THE problem is chasing money. You gotta have a vision.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337318].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author James McAllister
            Originally Posted by ContentPro22 View Post

            THE problem is chasing money. You gotta have a vision.
            Hmm, well it's never been a problem for me. I just so happen to be in a type of business where I make money by helping people - and I do get value and happiness out of that as well, but let's not delude ourselves. Lots of successful people are in it for the money, they just won't admit it because they either want to sell you something or don't want to believe it themselves.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337605].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chyan007
        Banned
        Originally Posted by ContentPro22 View Post

        I don't regret the people I helped. I regret getting into this for the wrong reasons. If money is your primary motivator, you will fail eventually. I have't "failed", but I'm definitely burnt out.

        I thought that after four years of not having a boss and being able to do whatever the hell I wanted that it would make me happy- but it hasn't.

        My calling lies elsewhere...

        Tips for newbies: DON'T do this for the money. Do this because you love it.
        Hello Mate,

        This way you telling people to think this as a hobby,
        With this mentality you wont make a dime.....

        If you dont have the desire to make money ,then you probably will not....

        There is no reason you do the same that is teach other ,You can implement the strategies and apply it,

        Make a niche website,Promote high quality CPA offers just to name the few...

        You can do countless things with the knowledge you acquire but in your case it seems

        You don't wanaa do it,so please quit

        Thanks
        Chyanit
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337737].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kay King
          I thought that after four years of not having a boss and being able to do whatever the hell I wanted that it would make me happy- but it hasn't.
          Nothing can "make you happy" - certainly not money or "stuff". However, I have to wonder WHY you are down on working online at this point.

          You seemed quite happy when you posted the thread below - and seemed to be doing well with several different methods....

          http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...e-streams.html

          You don't seem to be focused on MMO...so what is the real problem here? What happened to those streams of income - and what happened to you?
          Signature
          Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog.
          ***
          It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337846].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by ContentPro22 View Post


        Tips for newbies: DON'T do this for the money. Do this because you love it.
        There's also a "camp" who believes you should do it all strictly for the money (with value added). And let that Money be the vehicle that gives you freedom to pursue the things you truly "Love" in Life i.e Family, friends, hobbies, church etc...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338345].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gluckspilz
    Cyaaaa mate!

    Oh, just letting you know... "the days of promoting MMO products are OVER".

    That's probably the dumbest thing I've heard...

    Besides a very small minority of people which includes hippies and monks.

    I'm pretty sure everyone out there wants to make more money.

    Also, your logic of internet marketing is teaching others how to make money online makes YOU look like a pyramid scheme...

    Another way to make money is by implementing the MMO strategies being taught not re-teaching it! Maybe try selling t-shirts? Maybe trying doing PPL for local business? Maybe try doing paid marketing for CPA offers directly with big companies? OR even try actually doing what you learn as oppose to re-selling it...

    So nope, the internet marketing world is not what you think it is. It is your own version of internet marketing because you know it's the easy way to make a buck online.

    Maybe one day, when you actually realize that internet marketing is just marketing but on the internet... Nothing more, nothing less.

    Either way, good luck with your online journey.






    Originally Posted by ContentPro22 View Post

    I haven't held a job since 2011. Most people think, "Wow, that's so cool!" Yeah....NOT. For the past few years I've been making money online (enough to support myself), and I've done it for one reason: the MONEY. Looking back now, I realize how big of a mistake this was.

    I mean, if you really think about it, the internet marketing world works like this: people making money online teaching other people how to make money online. Then, once those people get good, they teach other people how to make money online. It's sort of like a pyramid scheme if you ask me

    So...

    I'm OFFICIALLY resigning from internet marketing. This isn't to say that I'm not gonna start any online businesses. But the days of promoting MMO products are OVER. There's just not value in that in my opinion.

    My focus has shifted entirely. Now I want to build something that HELPS the world. Something different. Something sustainable. Something awesome. Not teaching people how to make money online so that they can go on and repeat the cycle.

    The cycle stops with me.

    Rant over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337280].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
      Originally Posted by gluckspilz View Post

      Cyaaaa mate!

      Oh, just letting you know... "the days of promoting MMO products are OVER".
      Yeah, they're over for me

      That's what I mean lol
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337289].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pewpewpewmonkeys
    Doing things because you love it... That's what hobbies are for.

    You say you got into the business for the wrong reason, but it sounds as if you're getting out for the wrong reason too. There's no sense in being miserable at a job, but they call it work because it's work - no matter where you do it or who you do it for.

    Trading 1 fantasy for another doesn't seem the like the best action plan, but good luck.
    Signature
    Some cause-oriented hackers recently hacked one of my websites. So I researched what they're about and then donated a large sum of money to the entity they hate the most.

    The next time they hack one of my websites I'm going to donate DOUBLE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337297].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
      Originally Posted by pewpewpewmonkeys View Post

      Doing things because you love it... That's what hobbies are for.

      You say you got into the business for the wrong reason, but it sounds as if you're getting out for the wrong reason too. There's no sense in being miserable at a job, but they call it work because it's work - no matter where you do it or who you do it for.

      Trading 1 fantasy for another doesn't seem the like the best action plan, but good luck.
      I agree with you there- a regular job could be worse for some people.

      But I still think I'm compromising.

      I know it sounds cliche, but if you do something you love, you never have to work a day in your life (I think Steve Jobs said that).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SmartTim
    Originally Posted by ContentPro22 View Post

    I haven't held a job since 2011. Most people think, "Wow, that's so cool!" Yeah....NOT. For the past few years I've been making money online (enough to support myself), and I've done it for one reason: the MONEY. Looking back now, I realize how big of a mistake this was.

    I mean, if you really think about it, the internet marketing world works like this: people making money online teaching other people how to make money online. Then, once those people get good, they teach other people how to make money online. It's sort of like a pyramid scheme if you ask me

    So...

    I'm OFFICIALLY resigning from internet marketing. This isn't to say that I'm not gonna start any online businesses. But the days of promoting MMO products are OVER. There's just not value in that in my opinion.

    My focus has shifted entirely. Now I want to build something that HELPS the world. Something different. Something sustainable. Something awesome. Not teaching people how to make money online so that they can go on and repeat the cycle.

    The cycle stops with me.

    Rant over.
    Yes, build something that will TOTALLY CHANGE the world! Like an IPhone, or automated car without any drivers.

    All these makes the world a better place to live in.

    Maybe one day, we don't need any money to sustain our lives. With free electricity, free water supply, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337305].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
      Originally Posted by SmartTim View Post

      Yes, build something that will TOTALLY CHANGE the world! Like an IPhone, or automated car without any drivers.

      All these makes the world a better place to live in.

      Maybe one day, we don't need any money to sustain our lives. With free electricity, free water supply, etc.
      iPhones are old news

      Telepathic communication...now that's where it's at
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anwiii
    i hear what you are saying. i have been in the mmo niche for a long time and the question i ask myself the most is, "am i really helping people" because that's my main motivation in life. i've always gone the extra mile though and it's been very rewarding. it's also been very hard when building so many relationships.

    one of my dreams is to get out of the im biz myself and start helping people more directly one day.....specifically homeless/runaways. a more targetted group of people i know i can help online/offline. unfortunately i don't have the capital for my dream business plan right now. being in the mmo niche for me right now allows me to possibly get there one day though.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ED1190
    I'm in the MMO niche exclusively. I'm a current product creator, but I always want my products to be of value (as best as it can possibly be). I'm currently in the process of creating a new product, but I'm trying to provide value in it.

    I also created an MMO blog as well to provide more value for my future customers and subscribers.

    I'm in this for the financial freedom it can potentially offer me, but I also want to provide value at the same time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337475].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dustinthigpen
    In a job, you're building someone else's dream.
    In a business, you're building your own...

    That's where the distinction lies for me. Any blood, sweat, and tears I put in, will be to build something great that I can be proud of.

    Like others have said here, if you don't like the MMO niche, pick something you do like. I hate to see people just put their hands in the air and say "I give up!".

    Pick a hobby, something you like already, learn all you can about that market, what they want, what they need, where they hang out. Provide information people are looking for, help people, build products that serve to help people. BUILD A LIST! Build a relationship with them. (I sure hope you've been doing this. Because if not, that could be your missing puzzle piece) These principles work in just about every niche out there.

    Don't give up friend. If you've been hanging around this long, I know you've got what it takes to grow your business big.

    -Dustin

    PS: Do you read often? I've got a book that completely changed the way I think about my business (and my life). PM me if you want to know the title...
    Signature

    Did I help you?
    Get even more help in my free Facebook coaching group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/successwithdustin/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
    I've been in the "biz opp/MMO" niche since I started in 2008. I absolutely LOVE it! I am passionate about what I do and I love getting up whenever I want, working when and if I want, and essentially being 100% in charge of my own life.

    It's probably one the largest, fastest growing, and easiest niches to make a solid income in. I started out as an affiliate, and I am still basically an affiliate today. I have a few of my own products, but I've always found it so much easier to sit back and concentrate on building a targeted list and let others do the heavy lifting of product creation. I'm more than happy to come in and sell the finished product for a nice commission.

    Anyhow, as far as the MMO niche being like a "pyramid," that's probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. It's only a pyramid if YOU treat it as one and run your business as such.

    I only promote quality products to my list, and only ones that I know will truly help them achieve their end goal, which is making money from the Internet. I concentrate solely on helping others, and I absolutely LOVE helping people. It is such a fantastic feeling when you show someone how to get that first commission!

    That being said, while the mission statement of my business is to help others achieve the same financial and social freedoms that I have, my end goal is of course to make money, and lots of it. Does that make me greedy? I don't think so. The goal of any business, online or otherwise, is profit. Anybody that sits here and says they don't care about money and they only started an online business to help others is either lying, delusional, or has a huge trust fund so they don't have to worry about money anyway.

    The difference for me is that while I am in business to make money so my family and I can eat, I do not run my business with the mindset that making money is the core of my business. The core value of my business is to help others. I enjoy helping others and I always help others free of charge. I don't sit there and constantly try and sell sell sell. I am a firm believer in providing value. I also believe that you must help others get what they want and in turn you will then get what you want.

    I don't have the mindset that so many people in the MMO niche have, and that is that they could care less about helping others, and they could care less about the quality of product they are selling/promoting as long as it turns them a quick buck. People with that mindset are surely in business for the wrong reasons and probably don't belong doing it. Those are the ones who tarnish the reputation of niches like "biz opp" and "MMO."

    It all comes down to the values, ethics, and morals a business owner/Internet Marketer has. I don't think it matters what niche you are in. I've seen marketers who are in the weight loss, hair loss, dog training, etc niches acting just as unethical as some of the shadiest people in the MMO niche.

    The bottom line is you must be passionate about the niche you are in, and you must have a mindset of wanting to help people and wanting to provide a valuable service that provides people with a viable and quality solution to their problems. You also need to run your business like a business. If you have the mindset that "the money will come later," then you will probably not make very much money at all. You need to go after the money, but you need to do it the right way. And that goes for ALL niches.

    Best wishes to the OP with any new ventures. I hope you see success no matter what niche you choose.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cevor
    I guess many start in MMO niche to get to their true purpose of online life.

    All the best mate.
    Signature
    Share Your Tips!!!
    Make The Best Of You By Help Others
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    I think you are just frustrated with the fact that you are the only one making money and not the people you are earning money from. If you want to help people succeed too, why not create your own product where you teach the EXACT methods that you have used to earn a living online.

    Maybe you should take a few days off from the internet and just leave the city for a nice vacation? Take a breather and just re-charge your emotions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon Anthony
    Totally up to you what you do, and how you feel. Only you know if you were providing value in the MMO world.

    You can give value if you teach stuff that genuinely works (you did it yourself) that helps the people who buy your products.

    I agree there are way too many people in MMO who have never ever made a dime online outside of teaching people how to make money online. We all know that. It's not news to anyone. But what you fail to realise is that exactly the same goes for any niche you can think of.

    Don't make the mistake of thinking that entering a new niche will make you immune from the same tactics. They're all the same and you will never escape that. There is no niche that's all sweetness and light and rainbows. Everyone wants their buck.

    The web is full of weight loss and fitness sites created by fat unhealthy people. People who have never owned Dogs have Dog training sites. Unmarried childless people create affiliate sites about parenting and babies. Marketers who have never set foot on a Golf course have Golf websites pushing Golf products from Clickbank. Guys who are useless at talking to girls have dating sites telling you how to get girls. And I could go on .... forever !

    The fact is, you could be a huge fat ugly trucker from Idaho. Yet online you're Jenny from New York, the young and attractive hard-bodied personal fitness trainer. All you need is a few royalty free photos and a website. And don't think there aren't LOADS of marketers already doing this kind of thing in EVERY niche.

    It's just your job to do it better than the majority of others and remain honest. Don't single out MMO as a being a seedy little niche when the whole world of Internet Marketing is no different. Do it your way and if you provide real value in any niche you go into, forget the rest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338293].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeff Schuman
      I don't blame you. For years I was in the top 3 on Google for the phrase "make money online" and hundreds of more keywords, and life was good. Today niche marketing in the thousands of niches outside of the MMO niche is better, less competitive, and can be more fun when you are making money, Good luck.
      Signature
      Jeff Schuman - SEO Blog Writer For Hire! Buy affordable, SEO, quality, MMO niche blog articles. Fast turnaround.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wipeoutmedia
    I know it can be tough selling anything online and these days it is getting a lot harder, but you just need faith that things will look brighter in the future. Ok, well good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Signature
    Start your engines WordPress folks for the most powerful, most flexible, most re-usable, and only CSS & JavaScript plugin you will ever need. With enough muscle to easily allow rich customisations and modifications to your WordPress blog, CJT is a must have for self-taught WordPress web-masters to experienced WordPress developers. http://css-javascript-toolbox.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author supereek
    If you go than there is more for us... <.<
    Signature

    Get my fiverr abritage tutorial for free HERE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon Anthony
    Just to add something I forgot in my above post. You will never make a difference to everyone you come into contact with. Heck, you probably won't make a difference to 5% of them.

    As an example, I've been in mentoring groups with top marketers, and some take the advice on board and take huge action, and go on to create a nice profitable business. But the vast majority (95% or more) do nothing. Same with buyers of WSO's and MMO products. Most read it and forget it. Some take action on it and create a profitable business. You can never force people to take action.

    It's a very noble intention to try and make a difference in the world, but you never will unless you find a cure for the common cold.

    Sorry to be so negative, but it's true. Why do some people make big bucks online and others don't when they use the same information ? Two different people could read the same book or eCourse, yet one of them becomes a millionaire and the other lives in poverty the rest of his life ? It's out of your hands. All you can do is put your best info out there and try to make a difference to as many as you can. The niche is irrelevant. MMO is no better or worse than all the others IF you provide valuable actionable content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338391].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author @tjr
    Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

    What happened to those streams of income - and what happened to you?
    If I had to hazard a guess...

    Originally Posted by ContentPro22 View Post

    My focus has shifted entirely. Now I want to build something that HELPS the world. Something different. Something sustainable. Something awesome. Not teaching people how to make money online so that they can go on and repeat the cycle.

    The cycle stops with me.

    Rant over.
    ...is that within a few months (if they're patient enough to play the long game) the "mindset" changes again. Contentpro22 will just have to share the better way of doing things. For a fee, of course.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khatri
    you go man! Good Stuff ! and making the intention public is good too!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338591].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marc Rodill
    Hey man, if you're burned out...

    Maybe you just need a vacation?

    Lol go take a couple weeks or months off and really relax.

    Marc
    Signature
    Long Lost Warriors! The Secret Sales System! Act Now! Buy Now! Right Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author leilani
    I hear you. We all come to ends in our lives that will then become new beginnings. That's what's so great. We can make choices.

    Wishing you great success on whatever your next journey will take you! Go be great at it!!

    Leilani
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10339167].message }}

Trending Topics