CPA Marketing vs Affiliate Marketing?

19 replies
There are some people who are making $5,000+ per day via CPA marketing. On the other hand, some people are doing great will affiliate sales and making up to $15,000 per day.

I am also making good amount of money via CPA marketing. So I am in a fix, should I stay focused on CPA only or should I try for Affiliate sales also!!!

So my question is, which type of marketing is doing great for you?
CPA marketing or Affiliate marketing?


Thanks in advance for you answer
- MSI Sakib
Cheers!
#affiliate #cpa #marketing
  • Profile picture of the author The Cypher
    Originally Posted by sakib777 View Post

    There are some people who are making $5,000+ per day via CPA marketing. On the other hand, some people are doing great will affiliate sales and making up to $15,000 per day
    This way of thinking is ridiculous.

    I make $25k gross with display ads a day.

    I sell $5-8k of info products a day.

    Walmart sells $X amount of physical products a day.

    CamGirl69 makes $750 a day on a webcam.

    The focus should never be on what other people are making... Ever.

    The best answer and honestly the only logical answer is to test what you're doing now with what you may want to do down the road. If it works better, do both. If not, stick to the original.

    Test. Test. test.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337545].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sakib777
      Originally Posted by The Cypher View Post

      This way of thinking is ridiculous.

      I make $25k gross with display ads a day.

      I sell $5-8k of info products a day.

      Walmart sells amount of physical products a day.

      CamGirl69 makes $750 a day on a webcam.

      The focus should never be on what other people are making... Ever.

      The best answer and honestly the only logical answer is to test what you're doing now with what you may want to do down the road. If it works better, do both. If not, stick to the original.

      Test. Test. test.
      Thanks for your deep realization. Earning strategy differs from people to people.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dustinthigpen
    Hi sakib777,

    I think CPA Marketing is good for people who don't want to build a list (or a relationship with a list). The income potential does seem higher with affiliate marketing, but honestly, the highest possible income potential lies with building your own personal products (if they're good of course) and making consistent sales on those.
    Signature

    Did I help you?
    Get even more help in my free Facebook coaching group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/successwithdustin/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337550].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sakib777
      Originally Posted by dustinthigpen View Post

      Hi sakib777,

      I think CPA Marketing is good for people who don't want to build a list (or a relationship with a list). The income potential does seem higher with affiliate marketing, but honestly, the highest possible income potential lies with building your own personal products (if they're good of course) and making consistent sales on those.
      That's true man. All the Online legends says "Money lies in the List". I am good at SEO, thus I am aiming to build sites and rank it; in order to monetize via CPA offers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10339450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    CPA / Affiliate marketing are the same thing. It's just where do you get the offer from.

    I get most of my offers from CPA networks, but at the same time, I have some offers that are direct with the advertiser through their affiliate program.

    Or are you saying affiliate marketing in which you create a product and get affiliates?
    Or are you thinking of affiliate marketing as in promoting IM/MMO niche offers?

    I've been doing this for 15 years.

    The bulk of what I promote are PPL (pay per lead) offers, because there's no credit card required, all a user has to do is fill out a form for me to make money. So conversion rates are typically much higher than offers that requires a sale.

    Also, I favor ppl offers that have some financial positioning...have a make, get or save money angle to them. These are what have usually worked best for me and they tend to have greater mass appeal, so the potential to produce high volume exists.

    There are decent offers that pay $20-$60 and some higher (depending on the vertical) that work well on front-end campaigns. Offers that pay less and some offers that require a sale I will run on the back-end.

    What separates me from most that do this, is how I generate traffic. I acquire fresh target data(email) VS what most do, which is to spend money on what will typically turn into one-time clicks. Where I'm actually building assets that I can market to over and over at low cost. When I say targeted, I know what the users are interested in and know that a PPL offer exists that matches their interest. I also use the same strategy to generate real-time co-reg.

    Essentially what I'm really doing is monetizing data by promoting PPL offers because they offer the path of least resistance to getting conversions / $$$. Since I'm acquiring the data (assets), I'm always building up the traffic that I can produce to higher and higher volume. It's a strategy that's hard to beat.

    Everyone that I know that's in the business that knows what they are doing does 6-7 figures. While that's a huge range, it mainly comes down to how big you scale it and your ability to effectively manage the infrastructure that come with scaling.

    Anyway, something to think about.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    19 Years Exp . . . . . . . . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BobbyKige
      Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

      CPA / Affiliate marketing are the same thing. It's just where do you get the offer from.

      I get most of my offers from CPA networks, but at the same time, I have some offers that are direct with the advertiser through their affiliate program.

      Or are you saying affiliate marketing in which you create a product and get affiliates?
      Or are you thinking of affiliate marketing as in promoting IM/MMO niche offers?

      I've been doing this for 15 years.

      The bulk of what I promote are PPL (pay per lead) offers, because there's no credit card required, all a user has to do is fill out a form for me to make money. So conversion rates are typically much higher than offers that requires a sale.

      Also, I favor ppl offers that have some financial positioning...have a make, get or save money angle to them. These are what have usually worked best for me and they tend to have greater mass appeal, so the potential to produce high volume exists.

      There are decent offers that pay $20-$60 and some higher (depending on the vertical) that work well on front-end campaigns. Offers that pay less and some offers that require a sale I will run on the back-end.

      What separates me from most that do this, is how I generate traffic. I acquire fresh target data(email) VS what most do, which is to spend money on what will typically turn into one-time clicks. Where I'm actually building assets that I can market to over and over at low cost. When I say targeted, I know what the users are interested in and know that a PPL offer exists that matches their interest. I also use the same strategy to generate real-time co-reg.

      Essentially what I'm really doing is monetizing data by promoting PPL offers because they offer the path of least resistance to getting conversions / $$$. Since I'm acquiring the data (assets), I'm always building up the traffic that I can produce to higher and higher volume. It's a strategy that's hard to beat.

      Everyone that I know that's in the business that knows what they are doing does 6-7 figures. While that's a huge range, it mainly comes down to how big you scale it and your ability to effectively manage the infrastructure that come with scaling.

      Anyway, something to think about.
      Hi Diablo,
      I like the name by the way, wasn't there a movie character with that name. Anyway, I read your post and I must say it is captivating. Personally am looking at a mentor, someone who can teach me affiliate marketing. I joined a company as an affiliate jumia.co.ke and would like to make loads of cash since where I am from am sure not many people are doing this. Will you be willing to teach me...am a quick learner by the way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10337785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Stay with CPA and continue to improve your business. If you have something that works, don't mess it up. And don't worry about what other people are doing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Sakib,

    The problem with CPA offers is that once you stop advertising, your income stops too. It's all fun and games till you run out of money for ads or something along those lines.

    You are already mastering traffic so I would look into affiliate programs that can earn you residual income and an income from upsells.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338258].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sakib777
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      Sakib,

      The problem with CPA offers is that once you stop advertising, your income stops too. It's all fun and games till you run out of money for ads or something along those lines.

      You are already mastering traffic so I would look into affiliate programs that can earn you residual income and an income from upsells.
      Great saying mate.

      However, I am making residual income with CPA without making any further investment. I optimized my site and rank it. That's all. I am also willing to try paid method. Can you please suggest me some good source of paid traffic specially for CPA offers?


      Thanks in advance mate
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10345237].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author supereek
    Master eighter one of them... they are both good moneymakers if done right.
    Signature

    Get my fiverr abritage tutorial for free HERE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338377].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      CPA is great. It kind of is a one shot deal , though . If it is going that good for you no need to mess with it.

      But also incorporate Aff. Products and your own Products to realize more passive income


      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338381].message }}
  • If you're doing well with CPA, keep it up and try Aff too. CPA is a one shot deal is told by discrat( Robert )... the conversion ratio is high in comparison to aff though low commission rates.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    CPA could be a one shot deal, really depends on the offer/strategy.

    Yes...if you stop advertising, you stop making money.

    This why I acquire targeted data. I'm building assets that I can market to over and over at low cost.

    As I mentioned...I like PPL offers that have a make, get or save money angle to them. They are also fairly interchangeable, so if someone is interested in one, they are usually open to the others. Also over time users needs change. So if today a user isn't interested in offer A, they may very well be at some point in the future.

    For example, I have a huge general list that are all opens/clickers and I just loop offers to it non-stop. It performs about the same week after week after week and it's been running for "years". I do from time to time remove and add offers to it. Like if something is a niche sale offer,. the response will usually die off and then it needs a rest and I will retest in the future, but offers that have proven to be evergreen, I just keep sending them for years.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    19 Years Exp . . . . . . . . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam Yunker
    Hey Sakib,

    Honestly... I'd say do both!

    Do you have a squeeze page?

    I know there's a really good technique that you can use where you use the "Thank you" page after someone opt-ins you can instead redirect them to a CPL offer which converts very well! (Provided you find the right offer to promote)

    Then in your followup series after you have given immense value to your subscribers I would maybe send them a promotional email to your subscribers of an affiliate product!

    Just a quick technique and my thoughts on your situation..

    Hope this was helpful

    Adam
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10339454].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nomaanali
      I would suggest you to test both of these methods and then choose which is best for you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10339586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sakib777
      Originally Posted by Adam Yunker View Post

      Hey Sakib,

      Honestly... I'd say do both!

      Do you have a squeeze page?

      I know there's a really good technique that you can use where you use the "Thank you" page after someone opt-ins you can instead redirect them to a CPL offer which converts very well! (Provided you find the right offer to promote)

      Then in your followup series after you have given immense value to your subscribers I would maybe send them a promotional email to your subscribers of an affiliate product!

      Just a quick technique and my thoughts on your situation..

      Hope this was helpful

      Adam
      Thanks for your opinion Adam,
      Your technique is highly effective in case of selling products via Affiliate marketing. Right now I am not using any squeeze page but soon I will. Can you please suggest me some services or tools to create high converting squeeze pages?

      Thanks again man!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10340198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gluckspilz
    I actually don't get the question at all..

    Ain't they the same thing???
    Signature

    Want To Learn Affiliate Marketing The Right Way?

    Click Here To Get Free Access To My Free Course!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10345412].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sakib777
      Originally Posted by gluckspilz View Post

      I actually don't get the question at all..

      Ain't they the same thing???
      CPA marketing is different from Affiliate marketing. However, there are some similarities. Above two terms are different because selling a product and making someone to take an action (such making downloads, completing surveys, providing Email or Pin etc) is not same.

      I hope you got my point
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10345496].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Popche
    It all depends on your promotion methods nothing more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10345456].message }}

Trending Topics