I am new as an affiliate/publisher tips and help

by Voxxyy
15 replies
Hello guys, what is the use of a domain name i am looking to get into affiliate marketing and i am still at a very early stage i seem stuck and i do not know where to start.
#affiliate or publisher #tips
  • Profile picture of the author expressg
    Could you clarify the question? "The use of a domain name"? You would need a domain name to setup a website. i.e. www.yourdomain.com, this could then be used for blogging, landing pages, sales pages for your own products, etc.

    For all of those things you need virtual real estate to host them, for that you need a domain name.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338570].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Voxxyy
      I was looking through some guides and every one of them said that it is preferable to have a domain name for the website how will this benefit me push my offers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338584].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megamind22
      Originally Posted by expressg View Post

      Could you clarify the question? "The use of a domain name"? You would need a domain name to setup a website. i.e. www.yourdomain.com, this could then be used for blogging, landing pages, sales pages for your own products, etc.

      For all of those things you need virtual real estate to host them, for that you need a domain name.
      Exactly, you couldn't have said it better.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10339419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gambino
    First tip: use google and the search feature here. It seems like you have a lot to learn before you're ready to get started.

    I'll google your first question to get you started:

    Let me google that for you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338585].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alaakhassa
    To start,
    I would strongly advise you to get some training on list building.
    List building is the most powerful way to kickstart yourself in this business.
    Especially if you have a budget to invest in yourself.
    Get some training in List Building, Creating Blogs, Wordpress, SEO (necessary) ..
    + The regular Marketing info, that's a no-brainer ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Voxxyy
      Originally Posted by alaakhassa View Post

      To start,
      I would strongly advise you to get some training on list building.
      List building is the most powerful way to kickstart yourself in this business.
      Especially if you have a budget to invest in yourself.
      Get some training in List Building, Creating Blogs, Wordpress, SEO (necessary) ..
      + The regular Marketing info, that's a no-brainer ..
      Why would i need blogs? I am sorry if i seem like a total idiot but i am just now starting.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338597].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author shakeer619
        I would suggest you to create a lead magnet and build your list immediately
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338619].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Voxxyy
          Originally Posted by shakeer619 View Post

          I would suggest you to create a lead magnet and build your list immediately
          A list of what , what is a lead magnet i am new to this i know those things might be granted for you but not for me .
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338631].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Voxxyy View Post

            A list of what , what is a lead magnet i am new to this i know those things might be granted for you but not for me .
            Have you heard of GOOGLE before?

            If not - it's great - it's a search engine (please don't ask me that that is) where you can put ALL of your questions in and get answers! ;-)

            Also - try the SEARCH Feature of the Warrior Forum - type in things like "lead magnet" etc to get a good understanding.

            We don't mind helping - BUT we can't answer EVERY single simple (and easy to look up) question you have..
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10339981].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author salegurus
          OP did you read this:

          Originally Posted by Gambino View Post

          First tip: use google and the search feature here. It seems like you have a lot to learn before you're ready to get started.

          I'll google your first question to get you started:

          Let me google that for you
          Unless you get a basic understanding of IM you are wasting your time here asking questions....




          Originally Posted by shakeer619 View Post

          I would suggest you to create a lead magnet and build your list immediately
          The OP has said multiple times he knows squat and here you come with your "excellent advice"
          Signature
          Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

          ― George Carlin
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338648].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
        Originally Posted by Voxxyy View Post

        Why would i need blogs? I am sorry if i seem like a total idiot but i am just now starting.


        hey voxxyy


        You will need a blog to build your presence, reputation and authority online. You see most people come online and get into affiliate marketing by copying other people or not working hard enough.


        Have yourself a unique blog with quality information and build your brand or expertise from your blog. This will be the central hub for everything from lead capture to running ads that make you money to social media interaction.


        Good luck!
        Signature
        ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
        You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338636].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author alaakhassa
        Originally Posted by Voxxyy View Post

        Why would i need blogs? I am sorry if i seem like a total idiot but i am just now starting.
        You're not an idiot at all Voxxyy :-)

        Blogs are necessary skills.
        And that are very easy to pick.

        A Blog establishes your BRAND.

        And your BRAND, is what sells you to others.

        Always focus on building a good Reputation & Brand.

        Blogs are cool because they can get you some "organic traffic" (fancy name of traffic coming from search engines)

        You should also try to do "vlogs" (video blogs)
        like having a youtube channel where you post your valuable content.

        You might be wondering "oh, where should I get my 'valuable content' ?"
        It's very easy.
        Go learn it.

        If you're learning how to blog.
        Teach how to blog.

        easy.

        I wouldn't recommend teaching as you're learning, as much as teaching as you're getting results ..
        but that's totally fine.

        +bonus: always help people.
        help anyone that asks for help. ANYONE.
        Give out free, help that gets them results. And thank them for reaching out.


        overtime, you'll find yourself with a good reputation, then you will be percieved as the most trusted guy in your niche.
        Then you'll start making real money.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338710].message }}
  • You need to Learn a lot to get started. you should ask questions here when you have the very basic knowledge of IM.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SnackMemory
    Originally Posted by Voxxyy View Post

    Hello guys, what is the use of a domain name i am looking to get into affiliate marketing and i am still at a very early stage i seem stuck and i do not know where to start.


    You got your domain name... Your host... and your website building platform.


    Your domain name is like your house.. Or your address... It is where your website lives.. Whats inside of it is yours.


    The host is like who ever owns the road networks.. They make sure traffic gets to you and so on... They put you on the grid.


    Your website building platform will be the infuncstucture of your website, and the way you interact with your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10339307].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yogibeezy
    Domain name means you need to create a website for your affiliate products or simply inout your domain name in your affiliate site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10339355].message }}

Trending Topics