What happen with Clickbank???

20 replies
Hi Guys,

What happen with clickbank????
Today I just found several product on clickbank get message like this...



This site is no longer in service or has been disabled due to a terms of service violation.
#clickbank #happen
  • Profile picture of the author paulnedo
    I remember reading that Clickbank decided to remove low-quality products to decrease chargebacks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RosanneS
    I have been told by several people high up on the ClickBank affiliate pole, that CB is "cleaning house" so to speak. I know the term "cleaning house" is somewhat vague so who really knows what's going on over there. I for one am going to stay tuned as I promote CB pages from time to time and would hate to wake up one morning only to find the product your promoting has gone poof.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    Banned
    I for one am going to stay tuned as I promote CB pages from time to time and would hate to wake up one morning only to find the product your promoting has gone poof.
    A good reason to look at other options that are not so "iffy."
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363487].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wschuler
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      A good reason to look at other options that are not so "iffy."
      Brent,

      Meaning "iffy" products or using an alternative to Clickbank?

      Thanks,
      Bill
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kursat
    I think they are going to stop some low gravity products and it will get a bit more difficult for vendors and also for affiliates there. But in the long run, you might get some good quality products that pass this test.

    My thoughts have always been not to rely on one method. Years ago Adsense use to pay decent money, may be even you can put Amazon on that list as well. But today they are really hard to make a living from.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    My products are still active.



    They are removing products with income claims I think, smart move to be honest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363524].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marc Rodill
      Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

      They are removing products with income claims I think, smart move to be honest.
      I'm not sure this is the criteria because I've come across 3 or 4 of these discontinued products in the health and fitness niche - in the last two weeks.
      Signature
      Long Lost Warriors! The Secret Sales System! Act Now! Buy Now! Right Now!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364455].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        It's a boilerplate notice for any product no longer selling through Clickbank. That exact notice has been around as long as I can remember.

        The way it's worded has a definite "sour grapes" feel to it. Seems to imply that the product is no longer available or the vendor cheats. Doesn't allow for the possibility that the original vendor might have switched to a more direct sales processor.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10365301].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        Originally Posted by Marc Rodill View Post

        I'm not sure this is the criteria because I've come across 3 or 4 of these discontinued products in the health and fitness niche - in the last two weeks.
        As Bradley and John pointed out this has been going on for many years. It appears the frequency is accelerating.

        Call me perhaps "sour grapes" but IMO, it would be a foolish move for Clickbank affiliates to follow vendors to other platforms. I've always simply recommended similar products when some went south.

        However imperfect, the protections that Clickbank has against potentially predatory practices by nefarious vendors toward both customers and affiliates are actually improving.
        Signature
        “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10365326].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
          Originally Posted by myob View Post

          As Bradley and John pointed out this has been going on for many years. It appears the frequency is accelerating.

          Call me perhaps "sour grapes" but IMO, it would be a foolish move for Clickbank affiliates to follow vendors to other platforms. I've always simply recommended similar products when some went south.

          However imperfect, the protections that Clickbank has against potentially predatory practices by nefarious vendors toward both customers and affiliates are actually improving.
          My reference to sour grapes was actually aimed at Clickbank, not the individual vendor or affiliate.

          Verizon used to heavily promote Directv as a bundled service, until Directv was bought out by AT&T. Now they'll simply sub in another service for the areas not covered by their own Fios product.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10365359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
    No surprise here.

    Originally Posted by egoldzone View Post

    What happen with clickbank????
    Today I just found several product on clickbank get message like this...



    This site is no longer in service or has been disabled due to a terms of service violation.
    We've been discussing the recent changes at Clickbank in a number of threads here for over a month. You should bring yourself up to speed:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ed-header.html

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ust-badge.html



    I know that a number of vendors have removed the ClickBank buy now buttons from their sales pages and replaced them with buy buttons from other platforms as a result of the new "Marketplace" changes ClickBank has made recently.

    Since those changes will have an even greater impact on ClickBank affiliates, I suspect that affiliates are also concentrating on promoting products from other platforms, as well.
    Signature

    Sid Hale
    Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10363724].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I think Sid is right - sellers are choosing to leave CB after the latest misstep (i.e., run into the wall, get up and run it into it again...then claim you meant to do it)....
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist
      All things bright and beautiful; all creatures great and small
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    A vendor would have to be out of their tree to add CB domain links in a sales page header.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364077].message }}
  • Low-quality and/or low-gravity products wouldn't be listed as a TOS violation. Those vendors broke the rules somehow. CB is simply starting to crack down on them.

    That message has been around for many years, and has even been discussed here on WF before. Usually, it's because CB has received either a DCMA or SPAM complaint.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364148].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      "no longer in service" OR....

      "no longer in service" because the seller took his product elsewhere...that would work.
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist
      All things bright and beautiful; all creatures great and small
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364221].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
      Originally Posted by Bradley J Anderson View Post

      Low-quality and/or low-gravity products wouldn't be listed as a TOS violation. Those vendors broke the rules somehow. CB is simply starting to crack down on them.

      That message has been around for many years, and has even been discussed here on WF before. Usually, it's because CB has received either a DCMA or SPAM complaint.
      As Kay pointed out...
      there is an OR in that statement.

      As for "breaking the rules somehow", wouldn't replacing their buy button with any non-Clickbank buy button satisfy that criteria?

      Not only would affiliate links to a sales page without a ClickBank buy button undermine their affiliates' efforts to promote the product (a total waste of any affiliate traffic), but ClickBank is looking pretty foolish "featuring" such products on the home page of their new Marketplace.

      Take "Passion4Dancing" for instance...
      They are currently featured in the ClickBank Marketplace, but if you go to the site, there is NO ClickBank button to be found. You have to click on a few "Join" links to finally get to the actual buy buttons, but it is no longer a ClickBank button. They have switched to samcart (but apparently CB hasn't figured that out yet).
      Signature

      Sid Hale
      Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10364340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve L
    No way would I touch Clickbank as a vendor or affiliate. Their reputation is beyond repair IMO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10366858].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

      My products are still active.



      They are removing products with income claims I think, smart move to be honest.
      I think someone else is trying to regulate that too. Oh, yeah, I remember now:
      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...me-claims.html



      Not sure this is all about income claims.

      Despite my snarky persnickity self, I do hope quietly that clickbank figures this all out. You have to remember there are real people there working who are not the "decision makers" and who may just be there to put food on their family's plates.

      At the same time, sometimes when one door closes, a window opens somewhere else.
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10366983].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Stefan Vee
        Originally Posted by Jill Carpenter View Post

        I do hope quietly that clickbank figures this all out. You have to remember there are real people there working who are not the "decision makers" and who may just be there to put food on their family's plates.
        Yeah, that's what I was thinking too! I left CB about 5 months ago, but I am not feeling bad about them in any way. They are the reason why I am in this business, and I will never forget that Clickbank enabled my success.
        I sincerely hope they can find a way to limit the damage that's been done!
        Good luck, CB!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370428].message }}

Trending Topics