64 replies
What was your biggest moment in IM? What was that breakthrough moment that let you really know that you had arrived. That moment that told you that you could really make money at this thing online. It could be a sale as small as a quarter for a click or a big contract. When did you realize there is gold in them thar hills? Talk to me warriors!
#biggest #moment
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    After struggling online for 5 years, I met my mentor here in the forum and joined the training he was offering. After a few weeks, I started to actually make some money and this showed me that it is possible to earn an income online.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10381963].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author greatness008
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      After struggling online for 5 years, I met my mentor here in the forum and joined the training he was offering. After a few weeks, I started to actually make some money and this showed me that it is possible to earn an income online.
      Awesome bro! Do you still use a mentor or have you graduated now? Are you more successful now?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10381965].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        As small as it seems, when I made over a dollar ( $1.25 to be exact) for an Adsense Click 8 years ago. I remember it so vividly running out in the desert ( where I lived at the time) after I found out. I was just giddy with excitement doing my 5 miler saying to myself that this stuff can really work


        - Robert Andrew
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10381973].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steve B
        I honestly can't think of a particular moment or event that signaled success. This has been a slow methodical, one day at a time, process for me without any unusually big moments.

        Life is often like that - you get out of bed each morning, put one foot in front of the other, consistently refuse to give up, then sooner or later you look back and see you've made significant progress over time even though it doesn't feel like you've come very far.

        Steve
        Signature

        Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
        SteveBrowneDirect

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10381976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visimedia
    when I first built my freebies seekers list and then eventually monetize them a made my first $300 via email marketing. That's when I think it's where the money is, proven method to do.. we just have to find the right niche.
    Signature

    digital startup looking for partners in China, Taiwan, HK, Korea & Japan. PM me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10381983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author megamind22
    My biggest money was when I made my first $1000 day ever. I was over the moon that day. It goes to show that if you work hard towards your goal and don't give up, it will surely happen one day.I still have that date written on my dairy ''The day I made my first $1000. Yeah I'm old fashion that way don't mind me. LOL.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10382243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James McAllister
    When NBC contacted me and asked if I was interested in interviewing a television producer, among a few other high-profile people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10382576].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rosario1990
      Originally Posted by James McAllister View Post

      When NBC contacted me and asked if I was interested in interviewing a television producer, among a few other high-profile people.
      Amazing moment in your life. I like it really. Carry on!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10382601].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author James McAllister
        Originally Posted by rosario1990 View Post

        Amazing moment in your life. I like it really. Carry on!
        It really was! But it was incredibly scary - I was 17 at the time and was not too comfortable talking on the phone, so being in a conference call with so many big names was frightening. I was shocked at how laid back everyone was. I was treated like the celebrity! So strange.

        These days I make a habit of pointing out that I was able to interview the producer of the show when it comes on.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10385245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iris zhao
    My biggest moment is receive my first wages when I am with my own efforts.
    Signature

    Enjoy life, Enjoy free!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10382708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author art72
    I wrote 3 articles, 2 reviews, and one informative post about an affiliate product on Clickbank, and within 14 days (2) of my earliest publications were in the top 5 slots on page 1 of Google.

    Within 30 days, I made (2) sales while I slept (totaling $54) and it was by far the most rewarding money I ever earned!

    It proved, I can get paid to write, an that blew my mind!

    I'm still getting sales from those 3 articles, and 2 more I wrote shortly after for the same product (4 years later!)

    To date, those 5 articles have paid me over $1,000. (So, $200 per article, and a trickle of sales still coming in... Priceless!!!)

    Confirming that it can be done, was a major stepping stone for conducting more study, and learning everything I can about IMing...

    Getting paid to do something I actually enjoy... that feeling tops nearly 30 years of offline experience. (Although, I've yet to match my offline annual earnings average online yet).
    Signature
    Coming Soon... *Laser Targeted Lead Generation Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10382733].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dana67
    The biggest moment for me was finding my niche. I've been making money with it ever since.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10382735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onegoodman
    there are a lot of moments I am proud of in my IM career, but 2 in particular that made me feel pretty special and every time i think of them i smile. was when one of my business became the 4th largest site of its type on the web (ended up selling it few months latter for a really good offer ).

    The second time when one of my websites hit $1 million dollar in sales for advertisers, gotta say I felt pretty proud because it was turning moment for my relation with these companies as well and i felt i am really making a difference for them as well.

    The third moment ( I am waiting for that yet to come gotta be extra special lol ), I guess i will have to wait and see what come next
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10382736].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author greatness008
      Originally Posted by onegoodman View Post

      there are a lot of moments I am proud of in my IM career, but 2 in particular that made me feel pretty special and every time i think of them i smile. was when one of my business became the 4th largest site of its type on the web (ended up selling it few months latter for a really good offer ).

      The second time when one of my websites hit $1 million dollar in sales for advertisers, gotta say I felt pretty proud because it was turning moment for my relation with these companies as well and i felt i am really making a difference for them as well.

      The third moment ( I am waiting for that yet to come gotta be extra special lol ), I guess i will have to wait and see what come next
      One million dollars, tell me more....
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10383822].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author onegoodman
        Originally Posted by greatness008 View Post

        One million dollars, tell me more....
        In 2012, after selling my first successful website, I had the cash and i wanted to start over.

        My first thought is to go to the basic, what do i want to do, i pinged my head to the wall few times, spent months on research and finally decided to come with a business model that i like.

        I want to came up with something that is useful for me and end user, spent thousands of dollars, for 6 months after the site is up, promoting, ..etc, simply i was not making sales ? It just wouldn't make sense, great idea, good business model, one thing i kept doing, continue doing what i was doing every day with no results, and think of better way to improve it.

        Going for long time without result can be devastating but there is a light at the end of tunnel, i just continued adding value, and doing better job in targeting my customers ( cut the methods that seemed to be less effective and replace them for example with Google Adwords was awesome for my previous system, it was terrible for the new one ), people were not so trusty, so i had to get accredited from BBB, focused on those who sending me traffic ? how am i getting the traffic bloggers, so my next thought was to create an affiliate program that bloggers would rather join me than joining bigger companies out there and highlight for them, why joining small website compare to companies that have been around for 15 years is more rewarding on the long term.

        I guess what i am trying to say here, find a method, and focus on it, people tend to try but they fail to be patience enough to see the results, sometimes it can take longer than it should, but if u adopt the right method, it lean to pay off
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10400174].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author greatness008
          Originally Posted by onegoodman View Post

          In 2012, after selling my first successful website, I had the cash and i wanted to start over.

          My first thought is to go to the basic, what do i want to do, i pinged my head to the wall few times, spent months on research and finally decided to come with a business model that i like.

          I want to came up with something that is useful for me and end user, spent thousands of dollars, for 6 months after the site is up, promoting, ..etc, simply i was not making sales ? It just wouldn't make sense, great idea, good business model, one thing i kept doing, continue doing what i was doing every day with no results, and think of better way to improve it.

          Going for long time without result can be devastating but there is a light at the end of tunnel, i just continued adding value, and doing better job in targeting my customers ( cut the methods that seemed to be less effective and replace them for example with Google Adwords was awesome for my previous system, it was terrible for the new one ), people were not so trusty, so i had to get accredited from BBB, focused on those who sending me traffic ? how am i getting the traffic bloggers, so my next thought was to create an affiliate program that bloggers would rather join me than joining bigger companies out there and highlight for them, why joining small website compare to companies that have been around for 15 years is more rewarding on the long term.

          I guess what i am trying to say here, find a method, and focus on it, people tend to try but they fail to be patience enough to see the results, sometimes it can take longer than it should, but if u adopt the right method, it lean to pay off
          Good stuff bro. Keep up the good work!
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10402689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author time4vps
    So much nice stories out there.

    The first moment was when I've got a first client through throught my website who in the end paid 100$ for consulting about UX. It was long long time ago, when not so many people even talked about UX.
    Signature
    Time4vps.eu
    VPS Hosting in Europe
    Fast, Affordable and Reliable
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10382962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author T S Chan
    I made my first sale on eBay about 6 six years ago...

    After that never turn back :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10382978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Padsall
    Me start working online before 5 years this is biggest moment now everything is going better day by day..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10383000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lastserviver
    When dad had nothing to say, after I said him how much I can earn in a month with e-commerce…
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10384645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by greatness008 View Post

    What was your biggest moment in IM? What was that breakthrough moment that let you really know that you had arrived.
    When I started getting 1 sale per day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10385755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author depotgang
    Two product launches on Clickbank that grossed over 3 million in sales back in 2011 and 2012... Oh the good old days. I had no idea what I was doing...just a solid product and a great copywriter that was my friend and partner.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10385789].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author greatness008
      Originally Posted by depotgang View Post

      Two product launches on Clickbank that grossed over 3 million in sales back in 2011 and 2012... Oh the good old days. I had no idea what I was doing...just a solid product and a great copywriter that was my friend and partner.
      Wow, that's awesome bro. Btw, I'm in San Diego too, what part are you from bud?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10385851].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vendzilla
    Having Christie Hefner say out loud at a company meeting that my ideas were brilliant, then having lunch with her. I don't work for Playboy anymore, but that was awesome!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10385814].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cjsparacino123
    I think my best day was when i sold my first promotion package and made $30 i was ******* livid with emotion screaming yes yes yes, my brother walked in and goes what happened? i said oh nothing... I try to keep my success to myself since no one seems to care as much as i do lol

    Another huge moment was getting my email list to click through on links lol

    And a final huge moment was recently when i wrote on my calendar for the month of november i netted $250 and forgot about it. november rolls around and literally i made exactly $250 net for the month lol
    Signature

    Grab a Free copy of my investing/marketing eBook!
    http://bit.ly/2h8XV41

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10385888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    When did you realize there is gold in them thar hills?
    When people started advertising Internet marketing products and services in the print publications I used to advertise in.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10385891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tyronne78
    The biggest moment in my internet marketing career was when I mailed an offer to my list and made a sale in under 5 minutes...it wasn't a big sale but it strengthened my belief and let me know that this internet marketing stuff actually works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10385999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AhmedF
    It didn't come yet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10386221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hackyou77
    When I bought my car, I've found that can get much more
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10392910].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheGMa
      Dang. I was robbed of my big moment.

      See, when I started out I merely assumed the money would come, and it did. I'm not being arrogant, I simply never thought much about it.

      I had an info site and I threw up affiliate products and AdSense ads. My focus was on the info and SEO'ing the living daylights out of it, not the ads. It's the info that brought the traffic, and they clicked out through the ads.

      NOW I'm seeing things in a whole new light and can hardly wait for the BIG moment that comes after the BIG money.

      Good thread, dude.

      - Annie
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10392936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    When I looked at my kids playing in the pool and thought, "It's Tuesday. How many dads can say they are spending a Tuesday afternoon with their kids?" That's when I knew everything I had worked hard for had paid off. The money, the books, the speaking gigs... none of it is as precious as being able to spend a Tuesday (or any day I choose) with the family.
    Signature
    My New Video Series is Free (for now)
    Crazy good marketing tips from the founder of JVZoo.
    Get EBR 365 Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10392947].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ajaykumarmeher
    The first $11 I earned from Internet back in 2007 to buy my first domain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10398919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    It's probably when I first started seeing sales come in. At first I struggled for a long time, then I got my first sale, then second, then it kind of just kept going and going exponentially,.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10398939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ifediri
    My biggest Moment happened in June this year 2015, when a big Ecommerce site in my country was doing this Mega-sales and flash-sales with plenty discounts on ONLY SMARTPHONES, as an Affiliate, after writing about it on my blog, the post ranked well on SERP, I buckled up and informed many friends especially on Social Media, I didn't know which of them was buying through me from Social media or SERP but I earned over $25 in a single day, and the rest of the other days I got between $4 - $10 and it continued for a whole week when the Promo took place. I didn't know I could do so good with an eCommerce Affiliate program that I joined for long.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeffmull
    Hard to pick, but I think my first sale of my first infoproduct was certainly a big one. Had an ebook on how to beat speeding tickets. Sold through Clickbank. Seeing that first sale come through is so big because it means you did so many different things well enough that it all works. From then, it is just a question of continual improvement. Ended up selling over 19,000 of those books over the years before I finally shut it down, but that first $29 sale was the best.

    The second biggest was John Reese's Million Dollar Day. I had a decent mailing list in IM at the time, and made over $10,000 in commissions promoting it, and that was a stunning number and an amazing 24 hours. I remember talking with John and Mike Long, who helped John with the launch, until wee hours of the morning as the sales mounted up to the million dollar mark. That was such a monumental, groundbreaking event in the IM space.

    Now, $1,000 products are no big deal. But back then, it was mostly $19 ebooks or a few $200 physical book/dvd sets. Selling a product for $1,000, and doing a million dollars in a day, broke through the mental limits people had and showed us all what was really possible when you were firing on all cylinders.

    Jeff Mulligan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399089].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JamesMason
      Hey...

      I remember those days...

      And, your speeding tickets product...

      Life was good then and I think even better now, for selling online (more people purchase online now than back then)....

      Cheers


      Originally Posted by jeffmull View Post

      Hard to pick, but I think my first sale of my first infoproduct was certainly a big one. Had an ebook on how to beat speeding tickets. Sold through Clickbank. Seeing that first sale come through is so big because it means you did so many different things well enough that it all works. From then, it is just a question of continual improvement. Ended up selling over 19,000 of those books over the years before I finally shut it down, but that first $29 sale was the best.

      The second biggest was John Reese's Million Dollar Day. I had a decent mailing list in IM at the time, and made over $10,000 in commissions promoting it, and that was a stunning number and an amazing 24 hours. I remember talking with John and Mike Long, who helped John with the launch, until wee hours of the morning as the sales mounted up to the million dollar mark. That was such a monumental, groundbreaking event in the IM space.

      Now, $1,000 products are no big deal. But back then, it was mostly $19 ebooks or a few $200 physical book/dvd sets. Selling a product for $1,000, and doing a million dollars in a day, broke through the mental limits people had and showed us all what was really possible when you were firing on all cylinders.

      Jeff Mulligan
      Signature
      .

      FREE TRAFFIC to your Website/Product: http://businessmarketingreview.com/FreeTraffic

      Masterclass - How Real People Make $10,000 - $100,000 Per Month Online: http://businessmarketingreview.com/100000PerMonth
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SallyJo
    June 29th, 2015

    Waiting in the lobby area of a car dealership, trying to figure out how anyone enjoys the new car buying process! I'm a 57 year old single grandma... and I would have rather gone bungee jumping instead of sitting there. Oh... and I have issues with vertigo - so bungee jumping is right up there with death as my idea of a good time.

    My 15 year old Navigator was dying on me and I *needed* a newer car to pull a trailer later that week.

    No trade-in (I gave my old car to a guy-friend that wanted to fix it).

    I was mighty concerned about getting the financing on a 62,000 SUV with my "internet money" that had been rolling in for the last 14 months.

    They had 3 months of my personal bank account records that showed (at that time) that I was depositing $230 a day for my own "living" expenses. They saw that it started out that I was depositing $150 a day at one point last year and each month I've been increasing it by $10 a day - it's a fun game to play to give yourself pay raises. This month, I'm taking $280 a day.

    The highlight came when the finance manager came out and needed "proof" of "who" paid me. lol I honestly thought that would be easy. lol

    They couldn't/wouldn't accept a PayPal summary or report... or the map that PayPal makes that shows "where" it all comes from .. oh no... they wanted to see *who* paid me. I explained that it comes to me in a steady stream of mostly $13 payments from my individual buyers of my product.

    Side note: I had put down that I made $8,500 a month when in reality, it's over $10,000 - figuring that would be easy to prove.

    So the BIG MOMENT came when they printed off 409 *pages* of my PayPal transactions for the last 90 days (seriously - they printed it!) and then attempted to fax those 409 pages to Ford Motor Credit! It was hysterical! I know their fax choked after about 50 pages. LOL

    Anyway, after a whole bunch of "How can she do that with only those few expenses???" type-of-questions, they wanted *one* "vendor" that I had spent money with. My $25 a month on hosting didn't impress them. LOL So, I gave them a retail store for my niche (that I enjoy - this was "fun" money waaaay more than being what anyone would consider an "expense") . I gave them the name of the place and told them that I spent about $30,000 there in the last 12 months or so. The finance manager wrote the name on a post it note and I didn't even give them the phone number - he didn't ask for it.

    I was really nervous that day - I really had concerns that I wouldn't get the loan. But I got the loan, and at a great rate, too.

    Oh... and the next time I went into that retail store that I had used as a reference (thinking they really wouldn't call there!), the owner told me that they got a call asking if I really spent $30,000 there! LOL Too funny. For all of you guys out there... just pretend your favorite audio store or fishing tackle store got a call like that!

    I know.. this was long... but hey... I know I'm an oddity in this forum. I've been here longer than my current profile says... and I went through some ups and downs before I found magic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399173].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author greatness008
      Originally Posted by SallyJo View Post

      June 29th, 2015

      Waiting in the lobby area of a car dealership, trying to figure out how anyone enjoys the new car buying process! I'm a 57 year old single grandma... and I would have rather gone bungee jumping instead of sitting there. Oh... and I have issues with vertigo - so bungee jumping is right up there with death as my idea of a good time.

      My 15 year old Navigator was dying on me and I *needed* a newer car to pull a trailer later that week.

      No trade-in (I gave my old car to a guy-friend that wanted to fix it).

      I was mighty concerned about getting the financing on a 62,000 SUV with my "internet money" that had been rolling in for the last 14 months.

      They had 3 months of my personal bank account records that showed (at that time) that I was depositing $230 a day for my own "living" expenses. They saw that it started out that I was depositing $150 a day at one point last year and each month I've been increasing it by $10 a day - it's a fun game to play to give yourself pay raises. This month, I'm taking $280 a day.

      The highlight came when the finance manager came out and needed "proof" of "who" paid me. lol I honestly thought that would be easy. lol

      They couldn't/wouldn't accept a PayPal summary or report... or the map that PayPal makes that shows "where" it all comes from .. oh no... they wanted to see *who* paid me. I explained that it comes to me in a steady stream of mostly $13 payments from my individual buyers of my product.

      Side note: I had put down that I made $8,500 a month when in reality, it's over $10,000 - figuring that would be easy to prove.

      So the BIG MOMENT came when they printed off 409 *pages* of my PayPal transactions for the last 90 days (seriously - they printed it!) and then attempted to fax those 409 pages to Ford Motor Credit! It was hysterical! I know their fax choked after about 50 pages. LOL

      Anyway, after a whole bunch of "How can she do that with only those few expenses???" type-of-questions, they wanted *one* "vendor" that I had spent money with. My $25 a month on hosting didn't impress them. LOL So, I gave them a retail store for my niche (that I enjoy - this was "fun" money waaaay more than being what anyone would consider an "expense") . I gave them the name of the place and told them that I spent about $30,000 there in the last 12 months or so. The finance manager wrote the name on a post it note and I didn't even give them the phone number - he didn't ask for it.

      I was really nervous that day - I really had concerns that I wouldn't get the loan. But I got the loan, and at a great rate, too.

      Oh... and the next time I went into that retail store that I had used as a reference (thinking they really wouldn't call there!), the owner told me that they got a call asking if I really spent $30,000 there! LOL Too funny. For all of you guys out there... just pretend your favorite audio store or fishing tackle store got a call like that!

      I know.. this was long... but hey... I know I'm an oddity in this forum. I've been here longer than my current profile says... and I went through some ups and downs before I found magic.
      Awesome story Sally!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399538].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tonymanso
        In 2008 I had a mailing list of just over 1000 subscribers, all Forex related. In October, I entered into an automated trading contest that lasted 3 months, and ended in 10th place out of nearly a thousand of contestants. After the contest, I put my trading robot up for sale for $250 and announced it to my mailing list. Over the following week I made over $15,000 in sales. That was when my eyes were really opened to the potential of internet marketing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399555].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ajbarnes777
        My biggest moment was when I realized that I have to stop being blinded by doubt, fear, and pride.

        1. I needed to first determine what my strongest goals are.

        2. Then I needed to figure out the actions necessary in order to have a chance at reaching said goals.

        3. Then I needed to execute those actions without being blinded by doubt, fear, and pride. In other words, eliminate the word "grinding" from my vocabulary and instead make my actions a HABIT. Just like it's a habit to brush your teeth. "Grinding" is an indication that you are struggling and have resistances. A habit is an indication that your actions are adopted in your daily life and come normal to you.

        The end result is in the making... and is leaning more towards a much better life for my immediate, extended, and future family.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author svetod
    For me it was definitely when I got my first health insurance lead. Back then I was trying so hard with lots of failures and it felt so good when I got my first lead. This was the moment when I realised that I can make it work, no matter how hard it is. Not long after that I was making 5 figures from generating leads.
    Signature
    Want To Know How I Make Money Online? Read my story http://affiliate-lifestyle.com/
    Follow me on Instagram for Daily Inspiration & Free Tips: svetlintodd
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Bynon
    My biggest moment was when I realized I was doing it ALL WRONG. I had built an e-commerce business in 1999 that grew to $190k sales per month by 2006... And I hated it. It owned me. I never had time off and I was in debt up to my ears with inventory. In 2007 I'd had enough and dumped the business, vowing that I'd never again create a business that requires me to put a key in a door every day or deal with customers.

    I had a couple of false starts, but I finally created a new business model that only requires me to work 1 month out of the year. The rest of the year I screw off and do what I like. For the past month I've been touring the southwest on my new Harley Davidson. It's an awesome lifestyle.

    So, to those of you getting into the IM business, I suggest you design a business for the life you want, not just the money. If you go for the money you might find, as I did, that you're a slave to the business.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 0xen
    My biggest moment Ever is happening right now !!

    i started my IM "career" with CPA offers last month , and made +430$ with 15$ investment (yes 15$ including a 12 months hosting and 3 domains :p sold one yesterday for 100$ lol )
    this is not even the best part :

    1- this is all on autopilot ! (i'm a computer science student and good with programming so i created a software to do my humble " strategie " for me ^^)

    2- i have 0 experience in marketing i'm just a quick learner and followed some free courses .

    3- i don't need even to run my computer it's working 24/7 from a VPS , 2 words (VPS + Cronjob)

    4- my english sucks !

    it's really a great start for me , i'm learning and developing my self everyday , i'll continue with CPA offers , but the main goal is start promoting Clickbank offers , it seems all the money is there lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ramziyagoub
    I am a newbie in the IM ,and I feel it takes a lot of work,time and money to make your first Dollar online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399583].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tonymanso
      Originally Posted by ramziyagoub View Post

      I am a newbie in the IM ,and I feel it takes a lot of work,time and money to make your first Dollar online.
      It might seem discouraging at first, but if you find someone who is experienced that can work with you, you will succeed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399604].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ajbarnes777
      Originally Posted by ramziyagoub View Post

      I am a newbie in the IM ,and I feel it takes a lot of work,time and money to make your first Dollar online.
      I'm going to be honest with you... it does.

      And therein lies one of the biggest problems newbies face... they are drowned in promotions promising them great fortune with little effort... when in fact it can take a lot of work, time, and trial and error in order to get results. Some may get lucky and bypass many month/years that it could take to reach success, but that number is very small.

      But don't let that discourage you...

      After all, one of the most important traits a successful entrepreneur has is determination.

      When you match determination with following your heart/instincts/passion, you'll naturally find yourself NOT falling for every MMO method, and you'll start making more educated decisions.

      Do you due diligence. Research and inquire as much as you need to. And never let no one tell you that researching, inquiring, reading, etc., is not taking action... IT IS.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399703].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author fantastic123
        When I made my first sale at eBay in june 2015.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alrachid
    The first time I was able to multiply my efforts and generate more sales in amazon, that was exciting. But one I was able to pay rent and I stayed bringing in 20 percent more income online after my 8 hour regular job. I since quit that job knowing that a dedicated 40 hours online will give me what I want in the long run. Build followings and profit and dont let working for someone else get in the way. Dont make someone else's dream come true with yours on the back burner.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399883].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PBFDan
      In late 2013 I started a viral site hoping to earn 50 - 60 a day in extra income. It ended up going viral and brought in $100k in just under a week and I was featured on Viperchill.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399926].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SantamNaha
      When I saw my first ever tiny commission of $6.18 in my paypal account, it was like a million dollar for me....

      Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KickinIt1912
    My biggest moment was when my art store sold its first print on November 4 of this year. (It was a beautiful black and white photograph of Jefferson's plantation at Monticello.)

    I was so overcome with emotion. Truly the best thing ever...

    Another big moment was making my first real passive income on a kindle book I made about the Civil War.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399914].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author willie robertson
    My first money made online came in 2010... I was a complete newbie to the online world... I didn't know squat.

    When I first came online all I wanted to do was to find a way to get leads for the MLM I was in at the time.

    Also at that time I worked 50 plus hours per week in a full and part time job, and had no time to prospect people the regular way you did in MLM, belly to belly, nor did I want to market belly to belly.

    Back in 2010 when first getting started I joined Mack Michael's Maverick Money Makers, a IM training membership, there I learned how to make clickable links to use for affilaite links and he taught how to sign up to clickbank... Of course he suggested you market his course, so I did..

    Mostly made affiliate sales by participating in forums answering questions and using my sig file ad.

    Not knowing what the hell I was doing, over the months I would log into clickbank and I at one time I saw as much as $675.00 in my account... Thing is, clickbank never sent me any money and after a while I noticed that the money was shrinking... I later found out that clickbank has or had a lot of rules and regulations, hoops and loops you had to jump through before they paid out commissions.. You had to have so many different credit card purchases made to your account and a bunch other crap before commissions were paid.

    Eventually I did get paid, but I lost half my commission to their dormant account fee's.

    That experience let me know that a person could and can make money online.

    I've also made some money selling MLM marketing tools and a few affiliate products of others.

    Before coming online, I did a lot of direct mail stuff and actually made some decent money in those campaigns.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr Bill
    My biggest IM moment was on new years day 2007 when I was paid $650,000 for my share of a vBulletin forum that had taken us just 2 years to build.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399947].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nbrown86
    My biggest moment is just right now, as E. Brian said, how many people can enjoy spending time with their loved ones during the week and stay focus to build their lifes. Just a few, you can't buy time, and this way of living, my friends, is getting us time for ourselves and richness in every single way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10400158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tjk1058
    My first big moment was years ago when I was promoting affiliate products using Press Releases and someone bought a major service package that netted me around $2000 commission. I was used to making $27 or $37 dollars and when this came I was floored. I wish the service continued to work and could be promoted but like a lot of things on the net it was a short lived opportunity.

    TedK
    viraljoe.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403800].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403846].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author greatness008
      Originally Posted by Alex65 View Post

      When I made my first sale CPA ... a little thing that encouraged me to continue and earn ... but to be honest I'm sure my time is yet to come !!
      It's comin' bud
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author southcoaster
    The moment I realised I could not only make money online, or even make a living online, but when I made $20,000 from Adsense in just one week with something very simple. Then I truly saw the Matrix - that you CAN become very wealthy online quite easily with the correct knowledge, skills and some luck.

    Now I make a living more or less on autopilot, but that tooks years of programming and investment and time and money to achieve. Now I realise you can not only make great money online from the comfort of your spare bedroom, but also do without slogging your guts out all your life. Long may it last my friends!
    Signature

    Visit http://hikeyourlikes.com to boost your Facebook fan page!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404227].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joelraitt
    Originally Posted by greatness008 View Post

    What was your biggest moment in IM? What was that breakthrough moment that let you really know that you had arrived. That moment that told you that you could really make money at this thing online. It could be a sale as small as a quarter for a click or a big contract. When did you realize there is gold in them thar hills? Talk to me warriors!
    I LOVE this story haha - after years of grinding after work / school and reading and reading and reading...

    After making 1000's of ads for 1 affiliate campaign...it happened...I saw about $450 in sales for the day (I had only spend about 200 on ads) i thought it was an error....by the end of the night I had profited $600 (I was making $15 an hour at a warehouse at the time)

    next day my server crashes! lucky i caught it though.....that night i took my buddy who does IM as well out for dinner....first time i never looked at the prices first....unreal
    Signature

    Work smart, work hard, never give up. Learn with me here: http://www.joelraitt.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnlagoudakis
    My big moment was in 2007 when I made my first profitable CPA commission!

    It was only $1 profit but I knew then and there that I could make this work.

    8 months later I quit my day job
    Signature
    Need help getting more leads and sales? *** Click here to work with me ***
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dawoodkhan97
    My biggest moment was when I received 80$ from a client for logo designing.
    The moment I got that money, I knew money can be made from this industry!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10405224].message }}

Trending Topics