Solo Ads Have Become Worthless

53 replies
Hi Fellow Warriors,

I know this post may be controversial since there are many solo sellers here at the Warrior Forum, but I'll explain why I said that.

See, many years back finding solo sellers was hard, but very worth it.

Prices were around $0.25 to $0.35, now finding a solo ad for less than $0.35 is almost imposible and the quality expected very low.

Today some prices may get as high as $1.00 per click, Why? Because some sellers receive positive testimonials from buyers that got sales from their solos, and of course they want to charge more because they want a share of the profits that can be made from the use of their lists.

I would not care about the high prices if those sellers send my own swipe, but this never happen with those sellers.

And do you know why this not happen?

Because they said that they know their lists and they use their own swipes to supposedly get us good conversions, that's a huge lie.

The problem here is that they forgot that a solo ad was a unique sending of our offers to their lists, and that the only way for us to get targeted traffic to our offers is thru the use of our own swipes, because not all the offers are make money online.

I have an offer about a software that converts article into videos, guess what; it doesn't convert well with the generic swipes they send.

I know they had build their lists in such a huge amount that if it's difficult for them to segment their sending to our specific swipes without giving us more clicks that we buy, but instead of they adapting to our needs we have to adapt to their needs for selling lots of clicks with just one generic swipe.

Sellers should care about buyers too, they must look for a way of having list that are not so huge so they can send our swipes to some segments and get us targeted traffic for our different offers not related to make money online.

Also, nowadays there are too many solo sellers, some legit but many newbies that don't even care about results and sometimes there are just fly by night sellers taking our money and disappearing.

Wrapping up, solo ads are worthless if the swipe used is not targeted to our offer which is usually not because solo sellers send their own swipes instead of ours.

And by the way, it's ridiculous to see a seller raving because a buyer reported 2 or 3 sales on a 1000 click solo ad, it happens a lot.

Do you agree with me that solo ads are worthless?

Please comment.

Melvin Gonzalez
#ads #solo #worthless
  • Profile picture of the author mikeyman120
    I don't think their worthless. And I use my own swipes when I can. If they want me to use their swipe I first have them show me their swipe to see if I approve it and if not I don't use them for solos. I would't risk paying them if I'm sure their swipe won't help me. Move on to other sellers. There are tons of them. The two biggest places seem to be Udimi.com and Clickonomy.com. Have you used them. I usually have no problem sending my own swipe. I even will go as far as signing up for their list to make sure they send the swipe I gave them if not and it doesn't convert and I know my swipe does convert them I ask for a refund or give them negative rep and avoid them in the future.

    I only like to use places that give feedback so I have an idea if I can trust the person. Rep is everything in IM.

    Don't give up on solos they work still. Also think about selling solos yourself that way you don't even have to worry about conversions you simply get paid whether the other marketers product or funnel converts or not. Of course you want people to succeed so you can use their success as your testimonial on your solo service but the bottom line is solo sellers get paid no matter what happens.
    In other words they are the advertising platform and get paid no matter what meaning no one complains to google adwords or facebook ads and says your advertising platform didn't convert for me so I want all my money back.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10406288].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Melvin Gonzalez
      Originally Posted by mikeyman120 View Post

      Don't give up on solos they work still. Also think about selling solos yourself that way you don't even have to worry about conversions you simply get paid whether the other marketers product or funnel converts or not. Of course you want people to succeed so you can use their success as your testimonial on your solo service but the bottom line is solo sellers get paid no matter what happens.
      See Mike that's the point.

      Some sellers don't care about our conversions, they still get paid, I know there are some that may help giving advice on how to change your squeeze page to get better conversions, but in general most don't
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hadrian Phan
    Just bought solo ads recently, made back 50% the cost through the OTO alone so I don't think solo ads are worthless.


    Today some prices may get as high as $1.00 per click
    $1 per click is just ridiculous. There are plenty of sellers around selling clicks at $0.40 - $0.60 per click. You don't have to buy from the most expensive ones.

    I have an offer about a software that converts article into videos, guess what; it doesn't convert well with the generic swipes they send.
    I don't think this type of offer will really convert with solo ads. Most subscribers are newbies looking for ways to make their first dollars online, your software doesn't really do that for them. You need to show them how to make money with that software first before they buy from you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10406341].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Melvin Gonzalez
      Originally Posted by Hadrian Phan View Post

      Just bought solo ads recently, made back 50% the cost through the OTO alone so I don't think solo ads are worthless.
      Hi Hadrian, you proof my point, you just recently bought a solo and recover just 50% of the cost of your solo.

      When I started to b uy solo ads like 5 years back I was able to recover all my expenses plus a profit in almost all of my purchases, and my swipe was used so my conversions were high, nowadays I had talk with many sellers asking them to use my swipe and they tell me no, and some of the ones who said yes didn't use my swipe, they still use their generic swipes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dawoodkhan97
    I disagree!
    Solo ads STILL are extremely targeted traffic.
    You can test your funnel..
    Build solo ads list..
    Sell solo ads.
    It just depends from seller to seller
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407506].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author onSubie
      Originally Posted by dawoodkhan97 View Post

      I disagree!
      Solo ads STILL are extremely targeted traffic.
      You can test your funnel..
      Build solo ads list..
      Sell solo ads.
      It just depends from seller to seller


      Yes. Solo ads are great if you are building a list to sell solo ads....


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407536].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thedark
        Originally Posted by onSubie View Post

        Yes. Solo ads are great if you are building a list to sell solo ads....


        Very true. Probably it is hard to get on profit after the solo is sent. The only way to get a positive ROI is to build your own list to send offers again and again. After you finished all your offers, you can sell solo ads too. That way you make a good profit, if you are in the email marketing business too.

        What happens if I have a product or service that I want to sell ? Probably I won't get a good ROI because the product is what I have, not a product that I selected from clickbank marketplace to blow the mind of some email subscribers who are receiving few "blowing" emails every day. You will say, and I agree, that I should build a list. Well, I have lists with users, prospects generated naturally. They work well, but I don't think email marketing works well enough for me to make buying solo ads for creating lists viable. Maybe the lists of the solo ad sellers are created mainly with people that are looking for the next shiny thing. Well, my product is not the next shiny thing that will make them 1million dollars watching TV. So I think that for this type of lists there are a set of products that they want to buy again and again.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10968228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
    I have never sold anything for the IM market. But outside of it, solo ads are almost non-existent for a good reason.

    ... Why would I sell you people on my list so that you can now compete with me in their email inbox for less than what I'd get by sending them a good offer?

    So it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't all they are cracked up to be. Of course, we all have different takes on what good results are.

    What some would be happy with, I would not be. Over the course of years, a subscriber in some markets can be worth hundreds or thousands of dollars. To sell them for a buck a click so we now compete in their inbox?

    No thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407528].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mikeyman120
      Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

      I have never sold anything for the IM market. But outside of it, solo ads are almost non-existent for a good reason.
      That was then, this is now. Now there are other niches you can buy and sell solos for. I'm sure they were there all along but I didn't know where to get them. Now you can deal in other niches like personal development, weight loss etc. at clickonomy.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407556].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

      I have never sold anything for the IM market. But outside of it, solo ads are almost non-existent for a good reason.

      ... Why would I sell you people on my list so that you can now compete with me in their email inbox for less than what I'd get by sending them a good offer?

      So it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't all they are cracked up to be. Of course, we all have different takes on what good results are.

      What some would be happy with, I would not be. Over the course of years, a subscriber in some markets can be worth hundreds or thousands of dollars. To sell them for a buck a click so we now compete in their inbox?

      No thanks.
      I can totally understand why you might think that. If you are not in the "Make Money Online/Biz Opp" niche, solo ads are not really a viable way to generate traffic. Unless you can find people in your specific niche willing to sell you a solo ad, then you would be wasting your time and money with them. I'm not saying you cannot find people in niches like health & wellness that sell solos, but the clear majority of solo sellers are in the "Biz Opp/MMO" niche.

      I happen to be in the "Biz Opp/MMO" niche, so my perspective might be a little different.

      When I first started to use solo ads, I thought they stunk. I had no luck with them. The traffic didn't convert well at all and I never got a positive ROI.

      Still, I kept hearing others in my niche rave about them and about how they were able to get their leads for free and sometimes make a profit on top of it.

      After a while I begun to realize that the dozens of people who swore by solo ads couldn't all possibly be making it up.

      I decided to hire a very successful solo ad seller for a one-hour coaching session on Skype. I paid $500 for that one hour and to this day I can still say it's the absolute best $500 I ever invested in my business.

      It was a HUGE eye opener. I learned that all of the problems I was having had nothing to do with the concept of solo ads and everything to do with me. Obviously I can't sit here and type out every single thing I learned about how to succeed with solo ads, but in a nutshell let's just say that I was not doing a single thing right.

      My landing pages were all wrong for solo ads. My offers were all wrong. My copy was bad. My entire approach was completely wrong.

      I learned to approach solo ads like I would approach any form of paid traffic. It's just like someone who tries Facebook ads and fails. They might think it's not a good way to drive traffic, yet there are tons of other people who are absolutely killing it.

      I often thought about the question of why someone would sell 100 clicks for let's say $50 when they could send 100 clicks to a $37 product and make $74 on just two sales. You would think that a halfway decent list should be able to manage at least two sales on 100 clicks.

      This is one of the questions I posed during my coaching session and the answer I got to that question was "Who cares. It doesn't matter why they are doing it. All that matters is what you do with the leads after you get them."

      The more I thought about that answer the more it made sense to me. I realized I needed to stop thinking in terms of numbers and start thinking in terms of people. In other words, as long as my fundamentals were right and I was meeting my conversion rate goals, then those were the only numbers I had to worry about. The bottom line is that somebody signed up to my list of their own free will, and now it was up to me to turn them into a customer.

      I soon realized that just because the person who sold me the solo might be doing it because they couldn't get their subscribers to buy products from them did not mean that the person wouldn't buy products from me. It was all in how I treated the leads after I got them that mattered. I've never actually tested that theory in scientific terms, but I know that it's working because my business is achieving steady growth every year, and solo ads are my main form of traffic.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407566].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Melvin Gonzalez
        Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

        I can totally understand why you might think that. If you are not in the "Make Money Online/Biz Opp" niche, solo ads are not really a viable way to generate traffic. Unless you can find people in your specific niche willing to sell you a solo ad, then you would be wasting your time and money with them. I'm not saying you cannot find people in niches like health & wellness that sell solos, but the clear majority of solo sellers are in the "Biz Opp/MMO" niche.
        I love all of your post, I didn't quote it all because it's large LOL.

        But that's the problem basically, solo ad sellers built their list in the MMO niche primarily.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407652].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TheGMa
          My goodness. When I first started making money on the 'net, I made my own solo ads and did well with them. They were all attached to my info site. I'd choose a product that fit into my audience's needs, check it out, check out the company, check the affiliate success rate, and create an infomercial page for it with graphics and a partial tutorial. I certainly never paid for anything.

          When I get to the solo ads part of my plan, I think I'll do a comparison - my own pages and the paid-for thingies - see what happens.

          -Annie
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by Melvin Gonzalez View Post

    . . . solo ads are worthless if the swipe used is not targeted to our offer . . .

    Do you agree with me that solo ads are worthless?


    Melvin,

    Isn't this the way it's always been? No ads are going to do well if the audience is not targeted to the offer.

    You are in control. Don't buy solo ads if you don't like the seller, his email offer on your behalf, or the audience that is targeted.

    Blanket statements (like "solo ads are worthless") in Internet marketing rarely hold up to scrutiny. Every market is different, every offer is different, and every audience is different. Just because you haven't been able to make solo ads work for you doesn't necessarily mean that others haven't been able to profit nicely from them.

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MBedford
    I haven't used solo ads in a while. There are still a few people out there that I think I would trust, but it's too easy to create fake testimonials and charge WAY too much for them.

    If I was ever doing a really big push for a product then I would consider it, but for now I think I am happy to have moved on to other things.
    Signature

    Private message me on skype or this forum NOW for deals you won't find anywhere else.

    Skype name: IMViperMarketing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author greenowl123
    Solo ads for the MMO / IM niche can be profitable IF you get everything right.

    Find a reliable seller (on a reliable selling platform that holds sellers to certain standards and monitors all sellers for sending fake clicks, bot traffic, etc.).

    Then, make sure you have an excellent OTO to recoup some or all of your ad costs.
    Make sure your sales copy is on point. Get your subscribers looking forward to your messages, build trust with them, offer them solid advice and tips, etc.

    Another tip : after buying a solo ad, monitor how many of the subscribers from that solo ad are opening and clicking on links in your follow up messages. This is easy to do with Aweber (which is my auto-responder of choice). Create a new opt-in form for each solo ad you buy, as well as create a new squeeze page, to make tracking results easier. If after 3 or 4 weeks, for example, nobody is opening your follow up messages (which usually get opened otherwise by other subscribers) then you probably should not buy another solo ad from that particular seller.
    Signature
    Free 40-page eBook "How To Earn With CPA Offers"
    + 14 Free Traffic Training Videos -
    Click here now. (no opt-in required)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    I think they are just like any traffic source, there's cheap and expensive and low, medium and high quality
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxbrand
    This is really an interesting post.The comments show that there are pros and cons, as in everything in life.It's for us do do our research and choose wisely.Regarding solo ads,the pros seem to outweigh the cons.Most of the top internet marketers seem to be using solo ads successfully.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10574849].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EPoltrack77
    Solo's work great once you first qualify a person first and once you have built up a network of qualifed people. Key then is to using different pages at times for best results.

    Of course learning PPC you can really explose your traffic and conversions.
    Signature
    Targeted Viewers! All your traffic needs in one spot. Get seen today!
    Click Here Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10574874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
    Originally Posted by Melvin Gonzalez View Post

    And by the way, it's ridiculous to see a seller raving because a buyer reported 2 or 3 sales on a 1000 click solo ad, it happens a lot.
    I agree...

    Unless, of course, those 2 or 3 sales are high ticket sales


    Originally Posted by Melvin Gonzalez View Post

    Do you agree with me that solo ads are worthless?
    Disagree 100%

    If you're not currently making solo ads work, then it's something (or a lot of things) you need to fix.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10574923].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    When you really do what everyone else is doing, you are bound to fail. You need to market YOU and don't do what every other affiliate in your company is doing.

    Personally, I am not a big fan of solo ads. I prefer more pay per click, SEO, and forum marketing.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10575009].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    There are solo-sellers with different prices and different markets. I get nice sales with solo-ads, the best thing is to use them with high ticket programs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10575043].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BacklinkzTopper
    Solo ads are not worthless at all... May be its your badluck I just wanna say one thing
    KEEP TRYING and you will see the result
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10575081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nouvellevie
    Well as a solo ads vendor myself I don't think they are useless, for the following reason. If on a certain day I didn't sell traffic I send my list to different CPA or IM offers. I certainly prefer to have buyers on my list & that's probably why most of us keep a 80%+ T1 ratio. For reference to the swipe. No I don't always use the client swipe because we also have to play by the rules. We don't want our email sent to spam box or even get block or suspended from our AR or SMTP service provider.
    Signature

    Quality funnels & solo traffic
    http://gordsolo.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10575735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bluemotion
    I don't agree that solo ads have become useless. All the solo ad sellers that I've used have asked me if I want to send my own swipe or use theirs. Then it's a personal choice which way I want to go.

    I will agree that even when I use the same offer I get vastly different results from sellers but that's just the way things are.
    Signature

    [Smash The Competition With This.
    Video Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10967680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    And the key with any paid traffic source is to test it out.

    I know I said that solo ads are not worth it but I know of some big name marketers who use it to CRUSH it online.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10967802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randy McLean
    I have gotten 4 sales up front with a 100 click solo ad. And then I have gotten 0 sales out of 300 clicks.

    This takes a lot of testing and usually 100 clicks won't tell you much.

    When I used to advertise Truth About Abs (ClickBank) on the Google content network I would sometimes not get 1 sale in 1,000 hops! But then next thing you know I would get 5-6 sales within the next 250 hops.

    That is when you could get clicks for 5-7 cents

    Most people panic and stop advertising when they don't see sales right away. Sales don't come in like clockwork at set intervals.

    You have to keep testing and refine your campaign. Be prepared to lose some money in the beginning.

    I also used to surf traffic exchanges and some of the pages I saw were just horrendous! If that is the kind of stuff people are using with solo ads I could see why.

    You need your own unique capture page, a good offer and good copy. And you need to tie everything together seamlessly.

    You need to be real with people and show you're a real person. Let your personality shine through, show pictures of yourself, offer help etc.

    It all starts with your squeeze page. There is a huge difference to your bottom line if you can get a 50% opt in rate over a 30% opt in.

    That is almost twice the difference.

    I can still find sellers for 35 cents a click. I do agree that $1 a click is way too high.

    A lot of sellers will negotiate if you message them. I have actually doubled my money up front, right away with my initial offer.

    It's like any form of paid traffic in any niche. Your chances of getting it right the first time are slim.

    You don't even need to profit. If you can break even you are getting your subscribers for free.

    You then focus on the follow up emails.

    Be relentless.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10967844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    I think one of the problems with "solo ads" outside of the MMO market is the term itself.

    What you want to look for is a "list rental" or "endorsed mailing".

    In snail mail, this meant buying a list of names and addresses that fit certain criteria, with a license to send mail to that list one time. Those lists were seeded with addresses owned by the seller or list broker to check for cheating. And because there was an actual, legal contract involved, cheating could have substantial penalties in addition to being blacklisted.

    In email, rather than receiving a physical list or stack of mailing labels, you provide the list owner with the content you want sent to the part of their list that matches your criteria. I would never fork over money to an emailer who substituted their own copy for mine - period.

    You can find reputable mailers, but they won't be "selling solo ads", they'll be doing list rentals. Outside of the IM/MMO/BizOp markets, look for magazine publishers, catalog publishers, ecommerce sites, etc. Look for a media package, rate list, etc. Or you could just contact them and ask about a one-time mailing on your behalf.

    One place to start would be Charlie Page's Directory of Ezines. Standard Rates and Data is another option. It's pretty pricy for a beginner, but many libraries keep a copy in their reference sections, or offer online access through the library.

    Like anything else, there is a learning curve, but you could end up putting your message in front of highly targeted, proven responsive contacts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10967855].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      In snail mail, this meant buying a list of names and addresses that fit certain criteria, with a license to send mail to that list one time. Those lists were seeded with addresses owned by the seller or list broker to check for cheating. And because there was an actual, legal contract involved, cheating could have substantial penalties in addition to being blacklisted.
      Those were the days, my friend!

      We still had the similar problem of "worthless" lists being sold. It was easy to compile a list of addresses and print them on labels.

      Were they really opportunity seekers? Had they purchased advertising? Were they the Dade county phone book?

      Then and now, you have to be very careful who you buy from. Then it was a lot easier to know who the "good guys" were.

      Brent
      Signature
      Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
      All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10968465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RefuseToLose
    I idea behind solo ads is sound and it has been done for years via mailing lists. The problem with them being worthless is based around the provider especially here on this forum.

    People who promise things like "guaranteed clicks". Stay away from. You aren't buying solo ads for clicks. you are buying solo ads for conversions. The guy could be mailing your offer to a list of 100 bots where 50% of them are programmed to click on your offer.

    Or even worse the person mails your offer to his team of low paid workers who go around subscribing to your email list with fake emails.

    I'd say 95% of solo ad business are bullshit. Most of them are newbies who collected an email list and couldn't make money off it so they are going to sell you access to that list.

    Who knows, maybe you might get a sale or two off them, but unless you're in the business of reselling those same customers over and over again to extract even more value, you are just pissing your money away.

    And relying on solo ads for business is a terrible idea since you can't scale very well with them. You should be focusing on building a real advertising campaign and collecting your own leads because you're pretty much paying the same price per click as a normal targeted advertising campaign. The only difference is you know you're getting REAL people with the advertising campaign.

    Avoid solos period.

    Unless you can get access to someones big list like frank kern or some other huge guru in your niche, stay away.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10967860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterkailo
    I have seen higher than $2 per click and they were no different than the 20 cent ones. People always say they are Top Tier
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10968024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Newd
    If I can't have full control over my messaging of my solo ad, then I won't advertise. I need to feel confident that my message had the best chance of producing conversion or I would just be shooting myself in the foot. And that ain't gonna happen.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10968392].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Project Sniper
    i've been hearing allot of complaints about solo ads...i've tried them a few times and never really made anything from it. I have ever studied testimonials, case studies etc... extensively...ive learned it is much better to use adwords, FB or twitter and just pixel track everyone...

    I see solo ads as being used as a branding campaign nothing more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10968662].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by Project Sniper View Post

      i've been hearing allot of complaints about solo ads...i've tried them a few times and never really made anything from it. I have ever studied testimonials, case studies etc... extensively...ive learned it is much better to use adwords, FB or twitter and just pixel track everyone...

      I see solo ads as being used as a branding campaign nothing more.
      Then you haven't been doing it right.

      I have acquired well over 100,000 subscribers from solo ads alone and I hardly ever pay for my leads because I almost always make at least 1 sale per 100 solo ad clicks.

      Once you master solo ads you will quickly realize that they are the absolutely the fastest, cheapest, and best way to build your list IF you are an affiliate in the "make money online" niche.

      I've been in that niche for 9 years, and I've been killing it for the last 6.

      Sorry to say this, but if you are in the MMO niche and you are failing with solo ads, it's because you have done something wrong.

      Once you know how to create good funnels and promote the right products for solo ads, it's very easy to build your list for free.

      I never sell solos, either. I make 95% of my income from promoting affiliate products to the leads I get from my solo ad buys.

      I must be doing something right, because I'm a top 1% elite affiliate on Warrior Plus and I also have 10,000+ affiliate sales and 8000+ vendor sales on JVZoo.

      I'm not bragging. I'm just sick and tired of hearing people say something doesn't work when what they should be saying is that it doesn't work because they don't know how how to do it right.

      Solo ads are awesome. They work great. It's the main way I build my list.

      I've never had much luck with Adwords or Facebook ads, etc. BTW, it's not because those methods don't work. It's because I don't have enough experience or know enough about them to know how to succeed with them. That doesn't mean I couldn't figure it out, but I wouldn't expect to see a positive ROI after trying just a few times.

      Trying something "a few times" is nowhere near close enough to make a judgement about whether or not something works.

      I don't mean to come off harsh or anything, but I am so sick and tired of people making a judgement on solo ads when the problem is not the method, it's them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10969113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paleochora
    I don't think they are worthless but I do think that the quality of traffic is considerably lower than it was a few years back.

    I recently did some testing and had 2 "quality" solo sellers send me traffic and had a pal do a mail to a general list built from his free and paid offers. The difference was extreme.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10970068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YourBizAid
    Banned
    The best way to get the best quality solos nowadays is by searching for blogs in your niche market and approach the webmasters with a solo ad deal. These are not your typical solo sellers and they will almost always allow you to use your own swipes.

    It works every time but few marketers go these route because of the level of work involved in doing this. But it's more effective and much more profitable in the long haul.

    Best of Luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10970161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Isaiah Jackson
    Working for me is all I'm going to say.
    Signature
    Controversial Free Report Reveals - Cutting Edged Strategy That Made $1,448 In 28 Days From A Tiny List Of 188 Subscribers. - Click Here For More Info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10970242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    this thread is a tad old..
    but my 2 cents.. like any other traffic source, there is good and there is bad, you just need to find a good provider and write a good copy..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10970251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ames
    Look at the business model of a solo ad list and it's not surprising you're not seeing results.

    Someone with a well-built, highly engaged mailing list isn't going to pimp it out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry willing to pay per click.

    The solo ad way is churn and burn for a reason.
    Signature

    If it's too good to be true...
    Fraud - An Inside Look

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10972126].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by Ames View Post

      Look at the business model of a solo ad list and it's not surprising you're not seeing results.

      Someone with a well-built, highly engaged mailing list isn't going to pimp it out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry willing to pay per click.

      The solo ad way is churn and burn for a reason.
      I've been making close to six figures a year for the past 7-8 years by building my list with solo ads and then promoting products to them as an affiliate. It's a very simple formula that SO many people over complicate.

      People absolutely LOVE to put down the MMO niche.

      Still, I would never be in any other niche. I absolutely love the MMO niche.

      Also, I really don't even believe in "churn & burn."

      Once someone subscribes to your list, it's up to you whether they turn into a customer or not.

      People who "churn & burn" are people who hammer their lists with 5 promo emails per day. I don't do that. I send out one promo email per day. I don't think it's excessive as there are loads of HUGE companies (eBay, Home Depot, Safeway) that send me one promo email every day, sometimes even more.

      It really has nothing to do with buying solo ads for a traffic source.

      All I can say is that I absolutely crush it with solo ads, and I've got the numbers to prove it.

      People can say whatever they want about solo ads and the "make money online" niche but I'm stuffing cash in my pockets like crazy with them, so the bottom line is I really don't give a good shit what people say! While I'm driving my new car they can think about how much they hate the MMO niche when they are getting into their 10 year old Chevy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10972585].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Edwin Torres
    Do really good research on the vendor and you shouldn't have any problems. A lot of times people raise the prices for their clicks because they want to filter out the "lower" customers and only want to deliver traffic to legit people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10972193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vendor-Lock
    It really depends on your solo ad provider.
    Sounds like you need to try some new ones out. Don't stick to one place just because it used to work.
    If it's not working in today's market, find a company that will work with you instead of against you.
    You have the ultimate choice where to spend your cash.
    Hope that helps.

    happy new year !

    yours truly,
    Jeff Noyes

    Vendor-Lock Hosting & Software co.
    Signature

    See why Hundreds of Warrior Forum Members are using this! ==>Get Yours NOW CLICK HERE <==
    Rave Reviews From Warriors Using This Service For Years Now ! Full Autoresponder/Hosting Done For You! Read for Yourself !

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10972326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    Nicheblogger is right => because business is business

    many people create relationships with their lists, others send 4 sale-pitches per day....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10972589].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by maxsi View Post

      Nicheblogger is right => because business is business

      many people create relationships with their lists, others send 4 sale-pitches per day....
      That's right. And if sending 4 pitches per day is what works for them, then I say go for it.

      Some people might not think it's right, but the fact is that it's not illegal and it's not unethical.

      You don't make lots of money in this life by being a nice guy.

      You seize opportunities to make money as they come, as long as it's legal.

      There will always be haters in life. Most of the time it's because they're just jealous.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10972612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ringolevio
    Originally Posted by Melvin Gonzalez View Post

    Hi Fellow Warriors,

    I know this post may be controversial since there are many solo sellers here at the Warrior Forum, but I'll explain why I said that.

    See, many years back finding solo sellers was hard, but very worth it.

    Prices were around $0.25 to $0.35, now finding a solo ad for less than $0.35 is almost imposible and the quality expected very low.

    Today some prices may get as high as $1.00 per click, Why? Because some sellers receive positive testimonials from buyers that got sales from their solos, and of course they want to charge more because they want a share of the profits that can be made from the use of their lists.

    I would not care about the high prices if those sellers send my own swipe, but this never happen with those sellers.

    And do you know why this not happen?

    Because they said that they know their lists and they use their own swipes to supposedly get us good conversions, that's a huge lie.

    The problem here is that they forgot that a solo ad was a unique sending of our offers to their lists, and that the only way for us to get targeted traffic to our offers is thru the use of our own swipes, because not all the offers are make money online.

    I have an offer about a software that converts article into videos, guess what; it doesn't convert well with the generic swipes they send.

    I know they had build their lists in such a huge amount that if it's difficult for them to segment their sending to our specific swipes without giving us more clicks that we buy, but instead of they adapting to our needs we have to adapt to their needs for selling lots of clicks with just one generic swipe.

    Sellers should care about buyers too, they must look for a way of having list that are not so huge so they can send our swipes to some segments and get us targeted traffic for our different offers not related to make money online.

    Also, nowadays there are too many solo sellers, some legit but many newbies that don't even care about results and sometimes there are just fly by night sellers taking our money and disappearing.

    Wrapping up, solo ads are worthless if the swipe used is not targeted to our offer which is usually not because solo sellers send their own swipes instead of ours.

    And by the way, it's ridiculous to see a seller raving because a buyer reported 2 or 3 sales on a 1000 click solo ad, it happens a lot.

    Do you agree with me that solo ads are worthless?

    Please comment.

    Melvin Gonzalez
    Hi
    I have started using a company called Rock Solid Traffic as an alternative to solo ads and have had some great results and they are competitively priced.
    Signature

    This is what a HIGH QUALITY Affiliate Website should look like!! .https://www.bestpricemotorcycleaccessories.co.uk/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11020920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mosbah77
    I think that those leads are cyckling between lists with very small new subscripers plus the outcome from soloads is very poor and just waste of tie and money
    Signature

    Know much by visiting my blog at :
    https://howtoathome77.blogspot.com/ Good Luck

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11020971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    Originally Posted by Melvin Gonzalez View Post

    Hi Fellow Warriors,

    I know this post may be controversial since there are many solo sellers here at the Warrior Forum, but I'll explain why I said that.

    See, many years back finding solo sellers was hard, but very worth it.

    Prices were around $0.25 to $0.35, now finding a solo ad for less than $0.35 is almost imposible and the quality expected very low.

    Today some prices may get as high as $1.00 per click, Why? Because some sellers receive positive testimonials from buyers that got sales from their solos, and of course they want to charge more because they want a share of the profits that can be made from the use of their lists.

    I would not care about the high prices if those sellers send my own swipe, but this never happen with those sellers.

    And do you know why this not happen?

    Because they said that they know their lists and they use their own swipes to supposedly get us good conversions, that's a huge lie.

    The problem here is that they forgot that a solo ad was a unique sending of our offers to their lists, and that the only way for us to get targeted traffic to our offers is thru the use of our own swipes, because not all the offers are make money online.

    I have an offer about a software that converts article into videos, guess what; it doesn't convert well with the generic swipes they send.

    I know they had build their lists in such a huge amount that if it's difficult for them to segment their sending to our specific swipes without giving us more clicks that we buy, but instead of they adapting to our needs we have to adapt to their needs for selling lots of clicks with just one generic swipe.

    Sellers should care about buyers too, they must look for a way of having list that are not so huge so they can send our swipes to some segments and get us targeted traffic for our different offers not related to make money online.

    Also, nowadays there are too many solo sellers, some legit but many newbies that don't even care about results and sometimes there are just fly by night sellers taking our money and disappearing.

    Wrapping up, solo ads are worthless if the swipe used is not targeted to our offer which is usually not because solo sellers send their own swipes instead of ours.

    And by the way, it's ridiculous to see a seller raving because a buyer reported 2 or 3 sales on a 1000 click solo ad, it happens a lot.

    Do you agree with me that solo ads are worthless?

    Please comment.

    Melvin Gonzalez
    You want to talk about controversial...

    I just came out and called the kettle black.

    The solo ads testimonials scam is live and very real. Check out my other posts to learn more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11021160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ringolevio
    Hi
    I have had limited success worth solo ads but I personally do not think they are worthless as when I first started out the price of solo ads outweighed any real return in sales but more recently I have seen these figures rise and I am actually making a profit overall.
    Thanks
    Signature

    This is what a HIGH QUALITY Affiliate Website should look like!! .https://www.bestpricemotorcycleaccessories.co.uk/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11034723].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    You obviously have a bias against people in the solo ad industry. Instead of calling people a scam without even using their service, maybe it would be more productive to start a thread about what you do like. Love always trumps hate my friend.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11034884].message }}

Trending Topics