Determining the ideal Clickbank product to promote

13 replies
Hey warriors..Real quick..can somebody who does affiliate business in clickbank, tell me how to determine or what are the criteria I should look for when choosing an ideal product in Clickbank which is more likely to make more sales...and in other words how to determine the high quality and best products for affiliates to promote in clickbank? Iam a beginner in this field..please advise.. thanks a lot!
#clickbank #determining #ideal #niche #product #promote
  • Profile picture of the author FreedomBlogger
    You need to look at the Gravity of the product.

    Here is an image to show you what I'm talking about.



    Of course, there are other factors you can look at - but I would keep it simple, if I was you.

    Just keep it simple, go by the gravity numbers, and test the products out yourself, if you can, to learn how good they are!

    Keep up the great work!
    Signature
    At the beginning, I thought making money online with a blog was super super hard. Not anymore. Learn the art of making money online blogging - step by step - HERE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10435241].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tacassim
      Originally Posted by FreedomBlogger View Post

      You need to look at the Gravity of the product.

      Here is an image to show you what I'm talking about.



      Of course, there are other factors you can look at - but I would keep it simple, if I was you.

      Just keep it simple, go by the gravity numbers, and test the products out yourself, if you can, to learn how good they are!

      Keep up the great work!
      Apart from the gravity, could you tell me what other factors I should look for please? Thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10435261].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by FreedomBlogger View Post




      Worrying about Clickbank Gravity is a HUGE fail.

      CB Gravity is competition which has nothing to do with potential sales. You're severely limiting yourself to what other people sell instead of what you could sell.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10435437].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Worrying about Clickbank Gravity is a HUGE fail.

        CB Gravity is competition which has nothing to do with potential sales. You're severely limiting yourself to what other people sell instead of what you could sell.
        ^This, exactly.

        In my experience, gravity and other metrics seldom have anything at all to do with product quality or how well it is selling.

        Nearly all of the products of which I've had the greatest success have a gravity under 5, with some even initially at 0.

        What I suggest is to choose several products relevant to your niche, then buy them through your affilliate link. Then produce a review of the product with your experience of the sales process.

        A harsh critique of vendor sales pages (which IMO are usually over-hyped), along with Clickbank's iron-clad product guarantee can dramatically enhance conversion rates.
        Signature
        “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tomas Lodén
    Originally Posted by tacassim View Post

    Hey warriors..Real quick..can somebody who does affiliate business in clickbank, tell me how to determine or what are the criteria I should look for when choosing an ideal product in Clickbank which is more likely to make more sales...and in other words how to determine the high quality and best products for affiliates to promote in clickbank? Iam a beginner in this field..please advise.. thanks a lot!
    Find the right clickbank products that solve YOUR audience's problems.

    1) Don't promote a clickbank product just because it is offering you high commissions or shows a good gravity number.
    2) Find out what other succesful bloggers and top guns in your niche are promoting right now.
    3) Go to marketplaces and carefully choose the products that are highly related to your audience and niche.

    Good luck!
    Signature
    Want me to show you my system for making over $100 per day?
    Free coaching to your first $100 dollars. DM me now..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10435419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Luke Dennison
    Here's a trick that helps you lower your refund rates, which in turn increases your potential profit.

    Always message the seller first for a review copy of the project, and take note of how quickly they reply. If it takes them ages, or they don't reply then don't bother promoting it...
    Signature
    No Opt In -This FREE Video Reveals The Secret To Building Your First Email List In Less Than 3 Hours!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10435498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khassani
    You should probably ask the vendor to give you access to a test account so that you can judge by yourself if the product would be good to promote, apart from the gravity criteria you should also take into consideration.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10435541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Big Al
    Clickbank explanation of Gravity: https://support.clickbank.com/entrie...he-Marketplace

    In their words, it's what's hot right now.

    Grav: Short for GRAVITY™ performance statistic, this number represents a unique calculation by ClickBank that takes into account the number of different affiliates who earned a commission by promoting this product over the past 12 weeks. Since more recent transactions are given a higher value, this number can give you an idea of what products are “hot” at the moment, in terms of being promoted by many affiliates and making a good number of sales. However, high gravity can also indicate that there will be a lot of competition in promoting this product.
    A product that has just launched, has buzz about it and loads of affiliate jumping on it will have a high gravity. That's a good thing if you're going to capitalize on the buzz of the launch but maybe not such a good thing if you're looking for a product to promote indefinitely (... a more evergreen product).

    Research your market, understand their problem and find a product that best matches their problem... instead of picking a product and then trying to find people who want it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10435545].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Honestly.... take a look at your niche, check out competitors, see what the needs and wants are, then go to Clickbank to see if there are a few courses that address 90% or more of these needs/wants. They should have a good sales page, a comprehensive product, and a decent commission price that you can earn on. No different from marketing your own product from scratch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436145].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    I don't promote CB products anymore, but the principle for finding a product to promote remains the same no matter what marketplace its in.

    You want to make sure its a hot offer that is converting really well. Usually a good indicator is a lot of affiliates already promoting it, also cb engine dot com ranks the top 100 best selling CB products.

    That is something I used pretty heavily back in my CB days
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterkailo
    I recommend speaking with CB vendors and get some hookups on the best converting deals that are not out for the public
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sgt Kraut
    I wouldn't focus too much on the stats. The product has to be somehow helpful to your audience. Ideally by solving a big problem they currently experience. I put of my focus on the sales page, especially the design and copywriting. Does it look good and professional? Can the copy convert visitors into buyers or is it poorly written? That's what I worry about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436268].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      Originally Posted by Luke Dennison View Post

      Here's a trick that helps you lower your refund rates, which in turn increases your potential profit.

      Always message the seller first for a review copy of the project, and take note of how quickly they reply. If it takes them ages, or they don't reply then don't bother promoting it...
      That's not necessarily a factor.

      As for review copy, invest in the product and see if it solves the problem.

      If it doesn't, well there is that 60 day refund should you decide it really is not a good fit.
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436277].message }}

Trending Topics