How Do I Get Traffic, How Do I Get Traffic...

27 replies
Traffic is the easy part! The reason a new person is always asking about traffic and they don't want to invest any money either but these are the ones who will do something for a few hours, a couple of days at most and when they don't see sales or leads they run and cry help

Like I said. Traffic is the easy part. The second part is converting that traffic. If your promoting the same website the the masses are promoting you are going to struggle with with this. Especially if your using free traffic. Your wasting your time. STOP running with the 80%

The 80/20 rule! Which side to you see yourself on...
#traffic
  • Profile picture of the author Emtin
    You are right, the hardest part is converting that traffic into leads, subs or buyers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10445758].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tony Marriott
      Most new starters seem to work the whole traffic thing backwards. By that I mean the look for traffic to send to an offer. It doesn't make a profit so they look for cheaper traffic.

      That traffic is generally less responsive and so makes an even bigger loss.

      From there it's downward spiral

      until "this system is useless and doesn't work. just like all the other ideas I have bought!".

      Fact.. Sending traffic to a single offer will almost never make a profit. Why, because there will always be better marketers than you that can make more money from the traffic and so be prepared to pay for it.

      So your first step is to build a sales funnel with multiple offers so that you can increase your ROI on a any specific traffic source.

      Then you build a list with your traffic, normally from a free offer.

      Once you have captured emails then you can send that traffic to as many offers as you like. Ultimately you will go into profit.

      Once in profit use the data you have generated from the traffic to split test and improve conversions. As your profit increases so does your traffic budget.

      from there its an upward spiral
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10445853].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author EPoltrack77
        I am using a certain traffic source by Google that is killing it right now. It's like back in the old days when adwords was just getting going.

        I made a video:
        http://www.teamroughdog.info/adwords-for-video
        Signature
        Targeted Viewers! All your traffic needs in one spot. Get seen today!
        Click Here Now
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10447082].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KeithSmith
        Originally Posted by Tony Marriott View Post

        Most new starters seem to work the whole traffic thing backwards. By that I mean the look for traffic to send to an offer. It doesn't make a profit so they look for cheaper traffic.

        That traffic is generally less responsive and so makes an even bigger loss.

        From there it's downward spiral

        until "this system is useless and doesn't work. just like all the other ideas I have bought!".

        Fact.. Sending traffic to a single offer will almost never make a profit. Why, because there will always be better marketers than you that can make more money from the traffic and so be prepared to pay for it.

        So your first step is to build a sales funnel with multiple offers so that you can increase your ROI on a any specific traffic source.

        Then you build a list with your traffic, normally from a free offer.

        Once you have captured emails then you can send that traffic to as many offers as you like. Ultimately you will go into profit.

        Once in profit use the data you have generated from the traffic to split test and improve conversions. As your profit increases so does your traffic budget.

        from there its an upward spiral
        This is awesome as i'm guilty of this. I now think of traffic vs. conversions a lot differently. Thanks!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10447580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    For traffic just pay for it. Men do it all the time when they can't get a woman face to face. So they just pay a girl for the night.

    Just pay for the traffic newbies. No need to make the task more difficult than it has to be. And stone them to death with awesome and great content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10446006].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      yep conversions are most of the battle for marketers online but it does also matter how targeted and relevant the traffic is. If its bad quality traffic, then you could have the best conversion funnel in place....but it will not work.
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10446202].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NetSensei
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      For traffic just pay for it. Men do it all the time when they can't get a woman face to face. So they just pay a girl for the night.

      Just pay for the traffic newbies. No need to make the task more difficult than it has to be. And stone them to death with awesome and great content.
      Buying a woman does not get most men the kind of woman they want. If that was a good example to compare paying for traffic, I would stay away from it.

      But paying for traffic is like letting a large group of quality, eligible women know I am available and am a quality eligible man.

      That is a far better example of what paid traffic is. It is finding large groups of people that are interested in your type of product or service and bringing attention to them that you have a quality product or service that they are looking for.

      Going to a large gathering and putting your best foot forward to show the best of you... this is like the paid ad. Then taking that special someone for lunch or coffee is the optin page. Making a first date is the low end first sale. Taking her to Vegas is the unforgettable upsell. The third date just might be a home run.... And there is your sales funnel.

      Cheers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10447835].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author REIGN FOREVER
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      For traffic just pay for it. Men do it all the time when they can't get a woman face to face. So they just pay a girl for the night.

      Just pay for the traffic newbies. No need to make the task more difficult than it has to be. And stone them to death with awesome and great content.
      Lol I actually like this illustration and the break down good stuff! Advice was well taken.
      Signature
      Learn what they DIDN'T tell you about Affiliate Marketing Click Here For Free Video!!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11020007].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author karenwilliams
    There are many ways to drive traffic few of them are
    1) Forum marketing is the best way to drive traffic.
    2) Podcast distribution is also another way to drive traffic
    3) Social networking or social media marketing is a good method to target customers.
    4) SEO is the best process which increase the visibility of your website in search engine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10446535].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kherk Roldan
      Originally Posted by karenwilliams View Post

      There are many ways to drive traffic few of them are
      1) Forum marketing is the best way to drive traffic.
      2) Podcast distribution is also another way to drive traffic
      3) Social networking or social media marketing is a good method to target customers.
      4) SEO is the best process which increase the visibility of your website in search engine.
      Easy to say huh?But the question it. did you follow it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10447422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex65
    The conversion capacity is no more than the skill in turning simple visits into sales, leads, conversions or other. convincing but especially finding the right audience.
    MAJOR CONVERSION * MORE MONEY
    for a real conversion: write good copy,and be found by interested persons!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10447060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joncoates89
    Originally Posted by EPoltrack77 View Post

    Traffic is the easy part! The reason a new person is always asking about traffic and they don't want to invest any money either but these are the ones who will do something for a few hours, a couple of days at most and when they don't see sales or leads they run and cry help

    Like I said. Traffic is the easy part. The second part is converting that traffic. If your promoting the same website the the masses are promoting you are going to struggle with with this. Especially if your using free traffic. Your wasting your time. STOP running with the 80%

    The 80/20 rule! Which side to you see yourself on...

    The 80/20 rule is a very interesting point that drives home this superb message about priorities with traffic. Great thread!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10447265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Durell217
    Traffic is definitely easy. However you then have to employ multiple methods to convert the traffic in order to stay ahead. Personally, I like to focus more on my content than traffic because that's the first thing your potential customer's gonna see upon arrival.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10447414].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulkay
      Originally Posted by Durell217 View Post

      Traffic is definitely easy. However you then have to employ multiple methods to convert the traffic in order to stay ahead. Personally, I like to focus more on my content than traffic because that's the first thing your potential customer's gonna see upon arrival.
      Traffic is easy huh. I don't think so.

      Getting traffic = easy

      Getting quality traffic that converts = HARD
      Signature

      PaulKay

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11019862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Don't get me wrong...

    I'm not about to say that conversion is EASY

    However, you can make the process of FIGURING OUT how to make your site convert EASIER on yourself.

    You only need to use an elemental and evolutionary approach
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10447434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dndoseller
    Getting unqualified traffic is easy but I think getting actual targeted potential buyers to your site is more difficult unless you want to spend allot of money on PPC.

    You can't convert visitors that are not actual potential buyers so I still think that the "right" traffic is the one of the keys to sales.
    Signature
    DanoSongs.com - Royalty Free Music for Marketing Videos

    No sign up required to try my music in your video.

    Just click to listen and download. No cost to try, only pay when you publish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10448069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulkay
    Originally Posted by EPoltrack77 View Post

    Traffic is the easy part! The reason a new person is always asking about traffic and they don't want to invest any money either but these are the ones who will do something for a few hours, a couple of days at most and when they don't see sales or leads they run and cry help

    Like I said. Traffic is the easy part. The second part is converting that traffic. If your promoting the same website the the masses are promoting you are going to struggle with with this. Especially if your using free traffic. Your wasting your time. STOP running with the 80%

    The 80/20 rule! Which side to you see yourself on...
    Er, I am not sure if I agree with you when you say that traffic is the easy part! Surely the easy part is setting up the squeeze page and autoresponder emails?

    In my experience the thing that most people struggle with is getting a tsunami of traffic to a squeeze page, especially if it is a one page site.

    For a one page site the only option will be paid traffic and, as we know, to get quality leads and traffic you need to pony up.

    So no, I would say that getting traffic is far from being the easy part...
    Signature

    PaulKay

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11019861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John47
    You can buy traffic at Facebook or solo ads at sites like Udimi if you have the budget.
    The problem is most newbies are short of funds and don't want to take the risk.
    They see it as a form of betting.

    The ideal is to use a combination of free and paid methods as the big marketers do.
    Social media is full of big name marketers taking advantage of the latest trends
    and opportunities for free or cheap traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11019892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shmol
    I have always felt this exact same thing, getting eyeballs on your offers or squeeze page is the easy part.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11019901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mosbah77
    The thing you must focus on getting targeted traffic so it will be easier to convert them into buyers , ithink that vcideo marketing and using Penterest will bring better traffic in that time
    Signature

    Know much by visiting my blog at :
    https://howtoathome77.blogspot.com/ Good Luck

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11019937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amuro
    Originally Posted by EPoltrack77 View Post

    Traffic is the easy part! The reason a new person is always asking about traffic and they don't want to invest any money either but these are the ones who will do something for a few hours, a couple of days at most and when they don't see sales or leads they run and cry help

    Like I said. Traffic is the easy part. The second part is converting that traffic. If your promoting the same website the the masses are promoting you are going to struggle with with this. Especially if your using free traffic. Your wasting your time. STOP running with the 80%

    The 80/20 rule! Which side to you see yourself on...
    It is not just the traffic.

    But the quality of your offer - be it your own product or other people's products you are promoting - and who you target.

    The most powerful traffic - the way I see are people INTERESTED and desperately needing your offer as their solution to their problems and fulfilment of their desire.

    If you are talking about free methods, I will say forum marketing such as here or those sites in your niche and blog commenting are the best.

    But if you are talking about paid ones, I will say Facebook and solo ads work the best.

    But like everything else, nothing is guaranteed.

    You have to test and tweak.

    Not just how you drive traffic.

    But also what you market, how you market and who you market to.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11020235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    One of the best ways to get traffic is Youtube, 1 billion people. If they can find you, why can't you convert them? Social media in general is good, but when you are ready to really ramp it up, it will take paid traffic like solo ads. Look for sellers who have buyers on their list. Another way to build a buyers list is participate in a launch or launch your own products. If they bought from you in the past and had a good experience they are likely to do so again
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11020260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J50
    Traffic is like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Your ability get traffic as a marketer is what will make or break you in the end. You could be the worst marketer in the world, but of you get any Adwords traffic you wanted for pennies on the dollar, you could literally count the days down until you become a millionaire.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11020793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Pettit
    As it has already been mentioned...Traffic is the easy part...you can just search website traffic either on google or warrior forum and you'll find thousands of options, services and software
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11021234].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marian
    The best would be to get targeted traffic... and using the follow up messages to convert them.

    Marian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11021530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author morphius1375
    Social media and forums have worked well for me to drive targeted traffic to my blog. I think that would be a good option to explore.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11021560].message }}

Trending Topics