What's a good verified/unverified email ratio for Aweber?

by Pnigro
10 replies
Just wondering.

What percentage of verified emails should I aim for?

What do you consider good?

70%?

80%?

90%?
#aweber #email #good #ratio #verified or unverified
  • Profile picture of the author SchultzMarketer
    My current verified e-mail subscriber ratio is between 60% and 70%! I think anything over 75% would be GREAT!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1085118].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kyle Tully
    Originally Posted by Pnigro View Post

    What percentage of verified emails should I aim for?
    I'd aim for 100%
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1085189].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pnigro
      Originally Posted by Kyle Tully View Post

      I'd aim for 100%
      Yeah, but my question is, is 70% good or bad? How about 80%?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1085239].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kyle Tully
        I've never gone below 90%.

        But like anything, it's going to depend on your market, your offer, and how you "sell" the confirmation.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1085258].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author shermancox
          Wow,

          You never go below 90%? I am always hovering near 50%...And that is with an ebook when you confirm...

          How do you get your rate so high?


          Originally Posted by Kyle Tully View Post

          I've never gone below 90%.

          But like anything, it's going to depend on your market, your offer, and how you "sell" the confirmation.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1653986].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
          But like anything, it's going to depend on your market, your offer, and how you "sell" the confirmation.
          DING!

          I would add that your traffic source has significant influence as well. I've seen huge differences within the same market, based on where the traffic came from. For example. you'll tend to get higher confirmation rates if your visitors are more technically experienced, are careful readers, or were referred through another list that requires confirmation.


          Paul
          Signature
          .
          Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1654004].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author InternetYogi
            I saw this thread and thought I would put this months figures here.

            Looking at my Aweber list of unconfirmed whom did not double option for this month so far May. 21 days to date. 68 % double opt in
            Addresses not opted in

            @yahoo.com variation .co.uk .in etc 268
            @gmail.com 223
            @hotmail.com 110
            @rediffmail.com 32
            @aol 10
            @comcast 5
            @xtra.co.nz 5
            The balance 1's and 2s Isp addresses msn windowslive googlemail etc

            On awebers site they reference a study up to 35 % of addresses are faked. Which from the little test.As below. I believe my visitors get a very good free offer and give me a real address to get the download.

            So I downloaded my aweber unconfirmed CVs and emailed a section of 72 of the above people and 3sfggdffrrldgs@gmail.com afdasfddfdfgmldsa@hotmail.com sgfddsgGHehclc@yahoo.com( 3 fake addresses) and asked them why they did not op in. I got 4 bounces to the 3 address above and one other Yahoo address. So that leads me to the obvious conclusions they are real address as of 6 hours later not one reply. I guess thats why they did not optin.

            Ideas to here get the double op-tins up would be good. I do wonder how many get filtered into spam boxes or undelivered to the 3 biggies.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2124380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pnigro
    Aweber just removed my single opt in due to spam complaints and only about 40% of my suscribers confirm.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1653654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
      Originally Posted by Pnigro View Post

      Aweber just removed my single opt in due to spam complaints and only about 40% of my suscribers confirm.
      What's more important is your conversion ratio (opt-in to conversion ratio). Also, keep in mind you still have a lot of "bots" that will try and opt-in, there's some really sophisticated spamware that spammers use (so you will never, ever have a 100% opt-in rate).

      Aweber now has a default thank you page that reminds people to check their e-mail.

      Want to BOOST your confirm ratio? Create a short video / audio that reminds them to check their email right away so that they can confirm and then you'll send them a bonus for doing so. I usually send them a short report and/or audio / video with some useful content. That has boosted my confirmation ratio big time across multiple niches. It flat out works.

      In your case I can almost assure you that you can increase the 40% rate.

      RoD
      Signature
      "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
      - Jim Rohn
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1653684].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Pnigro
        Originally Posted by Rod Cortez View Post

        What's more important is your conversion ratio (opt-in to conversion ratio). Also, keep in mind you still have a lot of "bots" that will try and opt-in, there's some really sophisticated spamware that spammers use (so you will never, ever have a 100% opt-in rate).

        Aweber now has a default thank you page that reminds people to check their e-mail.

        Want to BOOST your confirm ratio? Create a short video / audio that reminds them to check their email right away so that they can confirm and then you'll send them a bonus for doing so. I usually send them a short report and/or audio / video with some useful content. That has boosted my confirmation ratio big time across multiple niches. It flat out works.

        In your case I can almost assure you that you can increase the 40% rate.

        RoD
        Will do, thanks.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1653690].message }}

Trending Topics