Anybody making over $30k with a blog?

59 replies
Just wondering how many people are out there making more than $1k/day with their blog? I've got a great blog with about 3k/daily visitors, however I'm not yeat making any money with it. I dont want to nickle and dime and just wondering whether is worth growing my blog and investing more into it? The question here is not how to monetize your blog, but whether there is potential in it and whether is worth the investment and time?!
#$30k #blog #making
  • Profile picture of the author kalki411
    Originally Posted by smolodoy View Post

    Just wondering how many people are out there making more than $1k/day with their blog? I've got a great blog with about 3k/daily visitors, however I'm not yeat making any money with it. I dont want to nickle and dime and just wondering whether is worth growing my blog and investing more into it? The question here is not how to monetize your blog, but whether there is potential in it and whether is worth the investment and time?!
    Yes people are making 1k a day and they have a blog, but it's not really their main source of business....

    The question you should ask yourself is if you can get your visitors to become loyal to you. If you are getting repeat visits and lots of comments, I would expand. But if it's just random traffic, I would focus on figuring out how to get them to sign up to an email list where you can build a relationship with them, then send them into a sales funnel.

    It all depends on what your business model is...

    The guys I know who are making ridiculous (more than 30k) a month have built up a huge following and now they do JVs with other people in their niche who also have huge followings. They both have blogs... But it's not their core business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10450613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faisalmaximus
    3k visitors per day, but you are not making any money from it ? Time is going away my friend, I am wondering why are you not monetizing it ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10450656].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by faisalmaximus View Post

      3k visitors per day, but you are not making any money from it ? Time is going away my friend, I am wondering why are you not monetizing it ?
      You have to love how people just don't read the thread at all or they would not write this reply

      He is asking how to monetizing the blog!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10452118].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dndoseller
    Oh man at least put some adsense on there and you will make money right away.

    Ideally you should come up with a digital product of some kind and sell it.

    Third alternative is to sell affiliate products.

    I make pretty great part time money with a blog getting only 900 visitors a day.
    Signature
    DanoSongs.com - Royalty Free Music for Marketing Videos

    No sign up required to try my music in your video.

    Just click to listen and download. No cost to try, only pay when you publish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10450673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jvzooquickreview
    The Internet Marketing arena can be a harsh environment to enter and conquer.
    I'm learning and build a blog. hope will get 1000 $/month
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10450675].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    Originally Posted by smolodoy View Post

    The question here is not how to monetize your blog!

    Hey the question here is what are you doing to monetise 3k visitors a day....do you have any idea of the amount of money you can make just from one thing such as adsense let alone all the other income streams?
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10450705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    OP, what kind of traffic or niche is your blog?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10451270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smolodoy
    I've got an inspirational blog, but I've recently added health and other categories, which I'm trying to expand.

    No I'm not sure what the potential my blog holds, I know I wont make much with adsense, and I dont want to nickle and dime.

    If anyone has much experience in monetize traffic and would be interested in helping out that be great.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10451916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by smolodoy View Post

    The question here is not how to monetize your blog

    I beg to differ . . . for you, getting 3K visitors a day . . . that's exactly the question you need to solve. Why worry about growing your blog when you are not currently able to convert?

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10451921].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vicg100
      Aside from Adsense I suggest one of the first things you do is to build a list from everyone visiting your site so you can start building a relationship with them and be able to promote things to them over and over.

      Your email list could be a major way you monetize your current visitors and visitors in the future.
      Signature
      Learn How To Explode Your Instagram!
      LEARN MORE
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10452112].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author karlstech
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      I beg to differ . . . for you, getting 3K visitors a day . . . that's exactly the question you need to solve. Why worry about growing your blog when you are not currently able to convert?

      Steve
      This.

      A recurring 3,000 visitors a day is something that many people never achieve with their own blogs. Focus on converting those visitors into buyers or at the very least income-bringers of some sorts.

      Here are a few monetization methods you might want to try out:

      - Sponsors.
      - Ads.
      - Affiliate products.

      Three simple strategies that won't cost you much and will hopefully bring in some kind of income.

      Best,

      Karl
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
    Build that list. You should have at least 3 opt-in forms on your blog. I put one in the sidebar, one at the bottom of every blog post, and one that pops up when they try to exit.

    My blog is not even something I even try to make money with. I post on it maybe 2-3 times a month with a couple of reviews of products I really like or maybe a couple of tip posts. I hardly pay any attention to it. It gets maybe 80-100 visitors a day and still I get 5-8 subscribers every day from it on average. I hardly spend any time on my blog or put any work into it and it still produces 100-200 new subscribers per month for me. I also get some sales from the product reviews in there every month.

    I guess the point I'm trying to make is that with 3000 unique visitors per day even if you could capture just 1% that would be 30 subscribers per day. If you had a halfway decent funnel to send them through you would do pretty well. Not to mention that since you have their email address you can always market to them in the future.

    If you don't want to go the autoresponder route, at least sign up for a free service like Feedburner that will allow people to sign up for updates from your blog. This way every time you publish a new blog post it will automatically get emailed to anyone who has signed up to receive updates. They even provide a free form you can put on your blog to capture subscribers. It's not the same as building a list with an autoresponder, but ti will still give you the capability to communicate directly with your followers.

    Don't underestimate the power of a blog. It can be a very powerful marketing tool, and yes, there are people out there who are making $1000 a day from their blog and their blog is their main business. There are people out there who are making over $100 every day from Adsense alone.

    It sounds like you have a niche that you are passionate about and I know the "motivation/inspiration" niche is huge and loaded with passionate people. Monetize your blog right and my guess is you can turn 3000 visitors a day into a nice little money machine for yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10452800].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Praveece
      Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post


      My blog is not even something I even try to make money with. I post on it maybe 2-3 times a month with a couple of reviews of products I really like or maybe a couple of tip posts. I hardly pay any attention to it. It gets maybe 80-100 visitors a day and still I get 5-8 subscribers every day from it on average. I hardly spend any time on my blog or put any work into it and it still produces 100-200 new subscribers per month for me. I also get some sales from the product reviews in there every month.
      Thank you for the information. I have almost the same amount of traffic per month with the website www.kundalini-meditation.com and hardly get 10 subscribers in a month. Is there I'm doing something wrong not to get more subscribers. I have only one optin form and a popup that I felt could be sufficient.
      Signature
      Kundalini-Meditation -Ancient mind control techniques.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456364].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony J Namata
      Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

      Build that list. You should have at least 3 opt-in forms on your blog. I put one in the sidebar, one at the bottom of every blog post, and one that pops up when they try to exit.

      My blog is not even something I even try to make money with. I post on it maybe 2-3 times a month with a couple of reviews of products I really like or maybe a couple of tip posts. I hardly pay any attention to it. It gets maybe 80-100 visitors a day and still I get 5-8 subscribers every day from it on average. I hardly spend any time on my blog or put any work into it and it still produces 100-200 new subscribers per month for me. I also get some sales from the product reviews in there every month.

      I guess the point I'm trying to make is that with 3000 unique visitors per day even if you could capture just 1% that would be 30 subscribers per day. If you had a halfway decent funnel to send them through you would do pretty well. Not to mention that since you have their email address you can always market to them in the future.

      If you don't want to go the autoresponder route, at least sign up for a free service like Feedburner that will allow people to sign up for updates from your blog. This way every time you publish a new blog post it will automatically get emailed to anyone who has signed up to receive updates. They even provide a free form you can put on your blog to capture subscribers. It's not the same as building a list with an autoresponder, but ti will still give you the capability to communicate directly with your followers.

      Don't underestimate the power of a blog. It can be a very powerful marketing tool, and yes, there are people out there who are making $1000 a day from their blog and their blog is their main business. There are people out there who are making over $100 every day from Adsense alone.

      It sounds like you have a niche that you are passionate about and I know the "motivation/inspiration" niche is huge and loaded with passionate people. Monetize your blog right and my guess is you can turn 3000 visitors a day into a nice little money machine for yourself.
      Hi, I like your Feedburner tip on here.
      Signature

      Express Article Rewriting & Proofreading Services via Freelancer, from the author of How to Turn a Dull Article Into a Blockbuster. Download FREE eBook! Here's the link: https://www.freelancer.com/u/tojona.html

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SmartTim
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10452841].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TMcMahon
      You keep saying you don't want to "nickel and dime" but that is exactly what you should do. There is an old saying "Watch the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves". If you have 3000 visitors/day and only average 1 cent each that is $30/day or $900/month or $10,800/year. Is it worth 10 minutes of time setting up Adsense to make an extra ten grand a year? If you average 10 cents each that is $300/day or $9000/month! Once you get Adsense up and running you can experiment with other companies that pay per view rather than per click which could easily bring in even more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10455645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author parka
    Originally Posted by smolodoy View Post

    Just wondering how many people are out there making more than $1k/day with their blog? I've got a great blog with about 3k/daily visitors, however I'm not yeat making any money with it. I dont want to nickle and dime and just wondering whether is worth growing my blog and investing more into it? The question here is not how to monetize your blog, but whether there is potential in it and whether is worth the investment and time?!
    1. Try Adsense first to see what's the potential like.
    2. Look for those CPM ad programs where they typically return USD $1-2 per 1,000 pageviews.
    3. Try to sell some of your personal services.
    4. Sell ad space directly.
    5. Try selling affiliate programs (e.g. Sign up with Amazon Associates). If you're into inspirational stuff, you can sell inspirational books for example (though they might not make much because books are rather cheap)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10455641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by smolodoy View Post

    Just wondering how many people are out there making more than $1k/day with their blog? I've got a great blog with about 3k/daily visitors, however I'm not yeat making any money with it. I dont want to nickle and dime and just wondering whether is worth growing my blog and investing more into it? The question here is not how to monetize your blog, but whether there is potential in it and whether is worth the investment and time?!
    Perhaps people like shoemoney and John chow are, I don't think many are though
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10455650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shuvoimtiaz
    $1K per day is a nice figure. But it's really hard to achieve. Only a few bloggers are making this kind of money from their blog. But with a proper plan and work it can be achieved. By the way, I am just making a few thousand per month
    Signature

    Mastermind @ Innoovate. We offer content marketing that works.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10455697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alaakhassa
    It's Time to MONETIZE Your Blog

    Not anyone can get 3k visits per day !
    That's a rad number my friend


    #1 Build a List
    - Create a proper followup to the list THEN start collecting.
    - Then Put in : popup optins, sidebar optin at the top, footer optin and an some inside the articles themselves. Stuart Walker at Niche Hacks dot com is doing a great job with it.
    - Promote some relevant affiliate offers

    #2 Forget about adsense.
    If you're in the health, wealth or relationships niche ..
    or any other niche really that you can monetize via some Affiliate Products.
    Never ever ever ever install adsense ads. They suck.
    Affiliate marketing in most niches is way more profitable than Adsense.
    If you can't figure out where can you find the products to promote,
    here's a little trick
    1- Check ClickBank.com - It's the Number one place to find some good products.
    2- Google it. Use this search string: {Niche + affiliate programs}


    I hope this helps
    Thank you for posting this thread
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10455723].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ED1190
      Originally Posted by alaakhassa View Post

      It's Time to MONETIZE Your Blog

      Not anyone can get 3k visits per day !
      That's a rad number my friend


      #1 Build a List
      - Create a proper followup to the list THEN start collecting.
      - Then Put in : popup optins, sidebar optin at the top, footer optin and an some inside the articles themselves. Stuart Walker at Niche Hacks dot com is doing a great job with it.
      - Promote some relevant affiliate offers

      #2 Forget about adsense.
      If you're in the health, wealth or relationships niche ..
      or any other niche really that you can monetize via some Affiliate Products.
      Never ever ever ever install adsense ads. They suck.
      Affiliate marketing in most niches is way more profitable than Adsense.
      If you can't figure out where can you find the products to promote,
      here's a little trick
      1- Check ClickBank.com - It's the Number one place to find some good products.
      2- Google it. Use this search string: {Niche + affiliate programs}


      I hope this helps
      Thank you for posting this thread
      Why not do both Adsense and Affiliate Marketing?

      Plenty of people have used both to success.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10455857].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tolks
        I will suggest you go for Affiliate Marketing, promoting related products from clickbank to your blog niche.

        You can also buy any RESALE RIGHT product/s related to your blog niche, then write Review of the product on your blog and you can now recommend or introduce (sell) it to your 3k/daily visitors.
        Signature
        PROMOTE YOUR WEBSITE TO OVER 5 MILLION SOCIAL MEDIA MEMBERS

        ...and GET 500 SOCIAL VISITORS DAILY...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10455894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luciesmazanska
    My second website gets only! 30 - 50 visitors and im earning enough money to pay bills, food and travel!
    Your website has 3k?! Jesus christ!
    Thats a lot of potentional customers, I would recommend digital product, advertising on your website or add some VIP services, upgrades on your website for readers to start earn!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10455737].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gabriel74
    Maybe I shouldn't be, but so many of the testimonies or even recommendations on this thread and elsewhere in this forum read and sound apocryphal to me. I hope I am wrong. 3,000 unique visitors sounds like a lot but certainly doable. My site, which is on Blogger @ blogpost.com gets 300 to 500 a month. I have an adsense account, which earns me a couple of dollars each month. Can't write home about that one.

    Have not tried affiliate. The recommendation from parka regarding Amazon Associates sounds promising. But again it would be nice to get specific and tractable tips where within the first month of implementation the subscriber sees genuine results that they can report back on here.

    I just see too many general comments here. And that is disappointing. Glad that everyone else is doing so well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10455910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LearnToProgram
    Making money with a blog is a long, slow, approach. Do people generally go to a blog to purchase things or do they go to read and obtain information? Adsense requires an amount of traffic that will take years to build for even a paltry return.

    I like to think of a blog as inbound marketing. It's discovery. Nothing else. Every post on our blog has an opt-in at the bottom which offers our complementary digital magazine (something of actual value... and no, we're not teaching you how to make money). This converts pretty well.

    Now they're in the funnel and we stratify and make initial offers.

    The key is STILL to build something that people actually want to buy... Something that solves a problem. I know it's old fashioned, but, doing so works more reliably than trying to make 30K a month from a blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10455919].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gabriel74
      Putting blogging in this context makes the most sense of all, more than anything I have ever read. Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456104].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gabriel74
      Originally Posted by LearnToProgram View Post

      Making money with a blog is a long, slow, approach. Do people generally go to a blog to purchase things or do they go to read and obtain information? Adsense requires an amount of traffic that will take years to build for even a paltry return.

      I like to think of a blog as inbound marketing. It's discovery. Nothing else. Every post on our blog has an opt-in at the bottom which offers our complementary digital magazine (something of actual value... and no, we're not teaching you how to make money). This converts pretty well.

      Now they're in the funnel and we stratify and make initial offers.

      The key is STILL to build something that people actually want to buy... Something that solves a problem. I know it's old fashioned, but, doing so works more reliably than trying to make 30K a month from a blog.
      Putting blogging into this context is the best answer I've seen ever. This makes sense. To celebrate blogging as the sole money-making activity mystifies blogging, puts it in the realm of Ouija. Your answer makes exquisite sense. Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456113].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LearnToProgram
        Originally Posted by Gabriel74 View Post

        Putting blogging into this context is the best answer I've seen ever. This makes sense. To celebrate blogging as the sole money-making activity mystifies blogging, puts it in the realm of Ouija. Your answer makes exquisite sense. Thank you.
        Thanks.. Glad to be helpful.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456126].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by smolodoy View Post

    Just wondering how many people are out there making more than $1k/day with their blog? I've got a great blog with about 3k/daily visitors, however I'm not yeat making any money with it. I dont want to nickle and dime and just wondering whether is worth growing my blog and investing more into it? The question here is not how to monetize your blog, but whether there is potential in it and whether is worth the investment and time?!

    Lol, not making anything while focused on two random numbers ($1K & $30K).

    If you can't make $1 you'll never make $1,000.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisChandra
    My site gets about 600-700 daily visitors. I just slapped on AdSense on the right sidebar and the revenue covers the cost of running the website.

    Within the most popular articles I've embedded affiliate ads which gets about 6%-7% Ctr. No sales so far so I'm testing out which affiliate product will convert. I know this doesn't answer your question on how to make $1k per day but thought I'd share what I do. I'll use some of the suggestions in this thread about review articles and list building and report back how it's doing. Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456034].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author spazz896
      I have a personal friend doing anywhere from $10k-50k a month. The revenue swings wildly and isn't stable. His focus is affiliate product reviews and funnels people into his list.


      Check out this link from Matt; he list several blogs that are doing well.
      You can model after one of the blogs listed:
      14 Bloggers Reveal How They Made $107,890 This Month!


      If I was you, I'd put ad-sense just to get some cash flow coming in. (guessing $300-900/mo.)
      Do some product reviews and in your niche, affiliate marketing. Use the cash flow to build your product or create a partnership/service to offer your audience or pay for SEO to boost your affiliate reviews.

      The easy way is to ask your audience what they want via a poll/survey. They want a life coach? Then offer that service personally, or refer it too someone else for a commission.

      You have the traffic... which is the hardest part.
      Signature

      Check out This $100/Day Case Study
      For More About Me Check out My Blog BradBurnie.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    John Chow is making that kind of money and more. And he is doing this because he has 'strong calls to action' all over his web pages.

    John Chow doesn't recommend Adsense, he calls it "Online Welfare".

    He makes most of his money from a 'Big Ticket' top tier internet system that is geared towards 'the make money niche'.

    If you are getting 3K visitors per day then you need to learn how to:

    1- Collect Leads

    2- Build your 'own' list

    3- Give them value

    4- 'Convert' all those leads into $$$

    If you learn how to do these 4 things right, you won't ever have to worry about 'nickel and dimes' ever again.

    Another way JC makes a lot of money from his blog is by 'selling' ad space directly to advertisers.

    Lastly...

    All bloggers who want to 'Monetize', need to learn "CALL TO ACTION".

    Tell your visitors what you want them to do!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456166].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LearnToProgram
      Originally Posted by Rory Singh View Post

      John Chow is making that kind of money and more. And he is doing this because he has 'strong calls to action' all over his web pages.
      I do too, dude. I just don't sell "how to become rich schemes." John Chow is making that kind of money because he purports to show people how to make money.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456171].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ED1190
      Originally Posted by Rory Singh View Post

      John Chow is making that kind of money and more. And he is doing this because he has 'strong calls to action' all over his web pages.

      John Chow doesn't recommend Adsense, he calls it "Online Welfare".

      He makes most of his money from a 'Big Ticket' top tier internet system that is geared towards 'the make money niche'.

      If you are getting 3K visitors per day then you need to learn how to:

      1- Collect Leads

      2- Build your 'own' list

      3- Give them value

      4- 'Convert' all those leads into $$$

      If you learn how to do these 4 things right, you won't ever have to worry about 'nickel and dimes' ever again.

      Another way JC makes a lot of money from his blog is by 'selling' ad space directly to advertisers.

      Lastly...

      All bloggers who want to 'Monetize', need to learn "CALL TO ACTION".

      Tell your visitors what you want them to do!
      Who says you can't do both Adsense and collect leads?

      JC making money by 'selling' ad space is pretty smart.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456185].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LearnToProgram
        Originally Posted by ED1190 View Post

        Who says you can't do both Adsense and collect leads?

        JC making money by 'selling' ad space is pretty smart.
        I'm sure you love the dude.. and I'm certainly not saying he isn't smart...

        I think the average person is much better served by models that aren't based on teaching people the "make money magic". That's my only point.

        Enjoy.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456194].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
        Who says you can't do both Adsense and collect leads?
        No one said you can't. That's just a personal choice. If you like adsense and it works for you, then power to you.

        But I think that anyone who has an existing blog that is already established can make more money by selling ad space directly to advertisers.

        It's a little more work for the blogger but a lot more profitable.

        I believe there is even a Plugin that allows you to show adsense when ever you don't have ad slots being rented out by advertisers.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456470].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Egyfitness
        Originally Posted by ED1190 View Post

        Who says you can't do both Adsense and collect leads?

        JC making money by 'selling' ad space is pretty smart.
        Instead of leading your traffic out of your website with adsense , why not put your banner to collect leads instead ?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Willie Crawford
    John Chow makes $40k+ per month from his blog, and shares a lot of info on how he does it: I Make Money Online By Telling People How I Make Money Online

    Willie
    Signature

    Did You Realize That The Majority Of Launches FAIL?
    Here's how to do a wildly successful launch!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456260].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Chow does real well. But I have always gravitated towards Pat Flynn who is over 100K a month on his blog.

      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    This is really a huge amount and needs more hard works, consistency, dedication and time.
    Signature

    Blogging Tips & Tricks @ https://blogwithvk.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456381].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anthony J Namata
    My blog is music-related. The training element of it. The blog in itself, doesn't make money. It's more of a branding and information portal. My earnings come from the bookings that I get to train people, physically, in my studio. But in my part of the world, corporations will pay thousands of dollars a month to advertise on busy blogs. Maybe you can seek local businesses in your area to place ads on your blog for a monthly fee?
    Signature

    Express Article Rewriting & Proofreading Services via Freelancer, from the author of How to Turn a Dull Article Into a Blockbuster. Download FREE eBook! Here's the link: https://www.freelancer.com/u/tojona.html

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hamza5807
    There some GOOGLE AD SENSE alternatives like Adversal and Revenue Hits ! Yuo can try them !
    Signature

    If you really want to make money online ! Trust me open this and read you won't regret ! Give it at least one try.
    >> http://bit.ly/1J9wphg <<

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456945].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gabbarsingh
      Funnily enough no one here making big bucks with thier blog + adsense... once upon a time.. that was my biggest source.. too hard now... i make a little bit with affiliate stuff.. but not any big numbers really..

      Wish i had got more useful in fo from this post..

      But will start building my list

      Cheers
      Gb
      Signature
      Starting a Blog Or Website? - Good Domains from 0.99 cents & Hosting from $1
      Get it here!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    What is your blog and what is it about? I want to see it so that i can make analysis of it. What are your current methods of attempting to monetize your blog?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10458595].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dndoseller
    Like allot of people here say, I hope you are building a list?

    Sign up with aWeber and you could simply create an autoresponder series like "self improvement weekly tips" and point people to a blog post. You dont need a fancy free eBook at first, some people will sign up just to get "updates" like that.

    Find a clickbank or other affiliate product that matches the tip you are giving and link to it in your blog post. It can be that simple.

    Once you see the kinds of affiliate products that sell, then make your own product.
    Signature
    DanoSongs.com - Royalty Free Music for Marketing Videos

    No sign up required to try my music in your video.

    Just click to listen and download. No cost to try, only pay when you publish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10458665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author supereek
    You need to rethink your goals.. set the bar at 10$ a day. play around with ad placements and test & monitor results. Lowering the bounce-rate drastically will give you more ad impressions and more clicks in the long term.
    Signature

    Get my fiverr abritage tutorial for free HERE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author exoro
    I'm dumbfounded that you are not making money yet. One of my sites gets 1k traffic a day and makes 2k a month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xnice
    Originally Posted by smolodoy View Post

    Just wondering how many people are out there making more than $1k/day with their blog? I've got a great blog with about 3k/daily visitors, however I'm not yeat making any money with it. I dont want to nickle and dime and just wondering whether is worth growing my blog and investing more into it? The question here is not how to monetize your blog, but whether there is potential in it and whether is worth the investment and time?!
    If you have a blog with 3k/daily visitors a day without earning, you should jump to another niche. I used to have a blog with 10k visitor a month and make $3k every month before I sale it for great price.
    However, I can check your site before give further advice. May be, you did not discover the gems. Just PM me.
    Good luck.
    Signature
    Need Quality Backlinks: Check Out How To Buy Quality Backlinks in 2018?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author etoong87
    please teach me how to get traffic and income from my blog
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459149].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Egyfitness
      Blogging is like any real life business. You have to sell something useful that solves people problem. Something that you'd buy in real life. There are no magic or quick fixes to make money. Don't expect people to buy something from an empty shop.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459481].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeVietri
        3,000 vistors per day is big enough, your blog is big enough for you to begin monetizing it.


        3,000 vistors per day can mean a lot of things for example:


        - Are most of those visitors returning, or are they new?

        - How solid is your bonce rate?

        - What do they do once they are at your site?

        - Are they finding what they were looking for?


        All these things are important metrics to understand about your traffic, before you begin monetizing it.

        You can discover this information and much more by learning about google analytics and what functions it can provide for you.


        Your focus should be on making sure that you build some kind of relevance, and relationships with that traffic.


        You can use google analytics to inspect who those people are further, once you have a good idea of who they are (demographics, gender, interest, and so on..)

        You can build an offer that they would want to purchases for you.


        Here is an easy way to start monetizing that traffic

        If you write your own content, then creating an ebook should not be difficult for you

        -You can create a sign-up page where you collect people emails.

        -then you can send them entertaining emails that have some useful content in them.

        -and in several of those emails you can tell the reader about your eBook.

        -You can also recommend to your subscribers affiliate products related to your niche.



        There are lots of things you can do, but I suggest you educate your self further in internet marketing so you can learn about what your options are moving forward


        King Regards

        Mike Vietri
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Content Lane
    When monetizing, remember that in-line text links (to affiliates, etc.) convert well.
    Signature
    Is your content stuck in the slow lane?
    Order high quality content from Content Lane!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tyronne78
    You're getting 3,000 visitors to your blog every single day but you're not making any money? If that's the case you have a serious problem with conversions. I would also question the kind of traffic you're getting to your blog...it could be what they call "junk traffic."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Curtis2011
    Originally Posted by smolodoy View Post

    Just wondering how many people are out there making more than $1k/day with their blog? I've got a great blog with about 3k/daily visitors, however I'm not yeat making any money with it. I dont want to nickle and dime and just wondering whether is worth growing my blog and investing more into it? The question here is not how to monetize your blog, but whether there is potential in it and whether is worth the investment and time?!
    With 3k visitors per day you should be making at least $3k a month, bare minimum, unless your traffic is ridiculously low quality (ie SEO traffic from keyword spammed pages).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10460621].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jessieman
      Ok I wasn't going to jump in here but there are a lot of people on this thread that have some great niches that will work. The angle I take is put AdSense on your blog. Make sure you take all advertising off before you apply. Create a FB fan page and start a "like" campaign. Target only people who are interested in your niche. Spend $2 a day to build up likes. Every time you post to your blog, share the post to your FB fan page, that way if they click on it they will end up at your blog. I have done this several times and you can get viral traffic to your blog this way. I will attach a screen shot. This blog is about 6 weeks old, check out the bounce rate and the traffic. Hope this helps some of you.
      Signature

      Jessieman
      New member

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484086].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by Jessieman View Post

        Ok I wasn't going to jump in here but there are a lot of people on this thread that have some great niches that will work. The angle I take is put AdSense on your blog. Make sure you take all advertising off before you apply. Create a FB fan page and start a “like” campaign. Target only people who are interested in your niche. Spend $2 a day to build up likes. Every time you post to your blog, share the post to your FB fan page, that way if they click on it they will end up at your blog. I have done this several times and you can get viral traffic to your blog this way. I will attach a screen shot. This blog is about 6 weeks old, check out the bounce rate and the traffic. Hope this helps some of you.
        In my opinion eventually you want to gravitate away from Adsense if you want to keep on building your Assets up.

        Nothing wrong with Adsense. I have a slew of old niche Sites dedicated to bringing in passive income over time.

        But with a bigger Site with more Authority people need to start thinking bigger... bigger than getting clicks from Adsense at least.

        Just my 3 cents


        - Robert Andrew
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484238].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jessieman
          I think the biggest draw back to adsense is you can't rely on them because I have seen people get cut off and loss all of their income. You need to have more than one income stream if your dealing with adsense. That being said you can make good money with them if you have the traffic.
          Signature

          Jessieman
          New member

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marvin Lex
    There are people like Pat Flynn making much more than 30k with their blogs. However, don't fall victim to the survivorship bias. There are hundreds of thousands bloggers who try hard but don't make a single buck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardworker2013
    Those who have made over $30k with there blogs are the ones who have a large following and have established themselves in the game a long time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484390].message }}

Trending Topics