There is no such thing as a stupid question...

44 replies
... is the stupidest statement people make to help people who ask stupid questions not feel bad about themselves.

But, there are most definitely such things as a stupid questions. Lots of them, actually.

How do I make $100 a day?
I want to sell "X" - will it work?
How do I get to page one of Google?
Here is some advice for those who want to fire before aiming...

Before you ask a question about how to succeed at something, spend some time thinking about the steps before the success. Break it down.

Instead of "How can I make $100 a day", how about "I want to sell XYZ. I have found my supplier and figured out how to drop ship, but I am not sure where to find my market, and Amazon sells it cheaper than I can buy it"

That is a problem that can be answered. Maybe not to your liking, but in business many questions often must be asked before you get the answer you like. And with a good answer comes a course of action.

The path to successfully asking for help is to first help yourself.

Google it. Search this forum for similar questions that have been answered. Email potential partners (or better yet, pick up the phone) and start conversations with the people who may really be in a position to help you. But only if you have done your research and are prepared to help them too, somehow (like becoming a customer, reseller, jv partner, etc).

At the very least, try not to waste the time of others who have figured this stuff out already.

Lots of people are willing to help you, but nobody is going to do the hard work for you. Not out of a lack of desire to see you succeed, but because if you can't prove you are willing to work hard, you are signalling to the world that you are most likely going to fail and anyone who helps you along the way is supporting a lost cause.

Prove you are not a time waster by putting several hours of actual hard work and research into any question before you ask it. If you do that, one of two things will happen:

1) You will find your answer (amazing how that works)
2) You will educate yourself on the problem you should be focused on, and ask a much better question.

Learn to do this, and you will find the problems you need to solve will become much less daunting and more solvable.

Happy Holidays.
#question #stupid #thing
  • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
    You're preaching to the choir Jack.

    And I hate to say it but the ones you need to reach all seem to be deaf.

    But I won't fault you for trying.
    Signature

    "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456255].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack Gordon
      Originally Posted by Jill Carpenter View Post

      You're preaching to the choir Jack.

      And I hate to say it but the ones you need to reach all seem to be deaf.
      I know. But the holiday spirit finally caught hold of me last night and I thought I would put something useful out there in hopes that somebody would benefit.

      Most of the poor saps struggling to squeeze a dime out of the net could use a little tough love. And I had a little to spare...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agc
    The reason I don't much even try anymore is that the world finally beat it into my head that "you can't fix stupid".

    No amount of teaching, training, mommying, or leading can make the willfully stupid suddenly see the light.

    But good for you that you aren't yet so jaded that you've given up.
    Signature

    One man's terrorist is another man's patriot

    Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground - Frederick Douglas

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Braznyc
    "How do I open my beak and "momma bird" drop food in it?"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Reading some of the questions on these forums makes you question the future of the human race.... I mean is the person asking really that stupid or is it because they are simply too lazy/incompetent that they can't enter a simple search query into one of the search engines?

    The problem is that every "stupid" question seems to get a multitude of answers, naturally most of them are simply sig whoring but most only serve to attract more idiotic questions...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chyan007
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Jack Gordon View Post

    ... is the stupidest statement people make to help people who ask stupid questions not feel bad about themselves.

    But, there are most definitely such things as a stupid questions. Lots of them, actually.







    Here is some advice for those who want to fire before aiming...

    Before you ask a question about how to succeed at something, spend some time thinking about the steps before the success. Break it down.

    Instead of "How can I make $100 a day", how about "I want to sell XYZ. I have found my supplier and figured out how to drop ship, but I am not sure where to find my market, and Amazon sells it cheaper than I can buy it"

    That is a problem that can be answered. Maybe not to your liking, but in business many questions often must be asked before you get the answer you like. And with a good answer comes a course of action.

    The path to successfully asking for help is to first help yourself.

    Google it. Search this forum for similar questions that have been answered. Email potential partners (or better yet, pick up the phone) and start conversations with the people who may really be in a position to help you. But only if you have done your research and are prepared to help them too, somehow (like becoming a customer, reseller, jv partner, etc).

    At the very least, try not to waste the time of others who have figured this stuff out already.

    Lots of people are willing to help you, but nobody is going to do the hard work for you. Not out of a lack of desire to see you succeed, but because if you can't prove you are willing to work hard, you are signalling to the world that you are most likely going to fail and anyone who helps you along the way is supporting a lost cause.

    Prove you are not a time waster by putting several hours of actual hard work and research into any question before you ask it. If you do that, one of two things will happen:

    1) You will find your answer (amazing how that works)
    2) You will educate yourself on the problem you should be focused on, and ask a much better question.

    Learn to do this, and you will find the problems you need to solve will become much less daunting and more solvable.

    Happy Holidays.
    Thanks Jack for the Post , Yes we should work hard and get ourselves equipped with knowledge ,This will at least ensure we do not end up asking questions like "How to Make 100 $ a day " Most people do not even bother to learn and invest ,They just ask questions with out any bases

    Have a great year My friend and happy holidays

    Your friend
    Chyanit
    Chyanit
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CaRTmAnBrAh
    Oh here we go, the "I'm alright jacks" giving it the big I am!

    Can you stop with all the bravado and back slapping for five minutes and just answer the damn question...

    How do I make $100 a day?

    oh yes, and will it work?

    Thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456921].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
      Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

      Oh here we go, the "I'm alright jacks" giving it the big I am!

      Can you stop with all the bravado and back slapping for five minutes and just answer the damn question...

      How do I make $100 a day?

      oh yes, and will it work?

      Thanks.
      This is such a dumb question.

      And here's why.

      You know how you can make $100, $1000, ANY AMOUNT per day?

      Be ready, willing and able to OUTSPEND your competition.

      If you're willing to spend $100 to get that $100 sale, you'll get it. How about if you're willing to spend $99?

      And you do that 100 times a day?

      Then you've made $100 profit, $1 at a time.


      See, it's a dumb question because of all the dumb assumptions made inside it.

      Assumptions you probably don't even know are there.

      Like this one:

      *whispers*

      "Actually, the question is: How do I make $100 a day...without spending any money!!?"


      The answer I give you is levels above where the newbie is, or where they can go.


      Here's another dumb assumption buried in this dumb question:

      *starts whispering again*

      "How do I make $100 a day...without knowing anything?"


      See, you have do do some actual work here.

      Talk to your target market.

      Look at reviews of products similar to the one you're considering.

      Find affiliate products to promote, and learn what stats matter and how to vett a seller.

      All things newbies are unwilling to do.


      When I see someone asking a decent question, I take the time to answer if it's in my wheelhouse.

      But most of the time, the questions ARE dumb.

      Stuffed with unspoken and not even consciously understood assumptions by the askers like:

      "How do I make $100 a day...without doing any work?"


      Just about ANYTHING will work!!

      This worry about, "Will it work?" is a pathetic timidity and the sign of someone who shouldn't be in business for themselves.

      Learn about a serious problem from your target market that they admit they have.

      Get their exact words on how they describe the problem and the situation they're in.

      Find a competent solution for it. Whether you made it or it belongs to someone else, who cares.

      Get word of that solution up in front of your target market.

      Some members of the target market will stick up their hand and say, "Yes! I have that problem! Exactly as you describe!"

      Now put the offer in front of those few people who stuck up their hands. Because they're the real qualified prospects.

      Some will buy.

      But learn your damn numbers.


      This is the biggest problem newbies have. They never learn their numbers. Because that's too much like work.

      No, no way man...let's not THINK.

      You don't just get one prospect and qualify that one prospect and then automatically that one qualified prospect becomes a buyer.

      You need several unqualified prospects to uncover one qualified prospect.

      And you need several qualified prospects to find one who buys.

      But if you don't stick around, and you jump from one niche, one product, one sales method to another every week because you're chicken and you don't understand the reality of how things really work in the marketing world...

      Then is it really a surprise that you keep losing?

      That your frantic questions are responded to with a point and a snerk?


      How do I make $100 a day??

      There are TONS of ways to make $100 a day.

      Sell a service for $100 more than it costs you to get the sale.

      How many times do you want to have to make the sale? Where's your money tolerance at?

      Got a low money tolerance? Then a $10 sale is going to take you many sales every day, at least 10 and probably a lot more given marketing costs, to get there.

      $50 product? OK, and I mean $50 you keep, so if it's a 50% affiliate commission then you'd better look for $100 products--you'd be surprised how many people make that mistake--then you need at least 2 sales and probably 4 or 5 to cover your marketing costs.

      But no matter what you do, you still need to find that river of leads.

      And that is REALLY the key buried assumption in the dumb question.

      *whispers*

      "How do I make $100 a day...and where are the easy fish to catch? Where are the customers who will bite on that bare hook I simply need to drop into their midst?"


      Make it easy for me.

      Well, nobody who's had to fight their way to that spot is going to give you the location of their favorite fishing hole.

      Sorry.

      And couple all these dumb half-conscious, half-unconscious assumptions with the fact that the WSO section is overflowing with partial solutions to mere parts of the sales process...but presented as Businesses In A Box...and now we're really in trouble.

      The problem with these questions is they show a lack of understanding of the basics of business.

      A seeking of a technical solution for the problem.

      Well, the solution is NOT a technical one.

      Look around.

      We're surrounded by technical solutions.

      But hardly anyone here has figured it out.

      Why is that?


      Because it's not technical.

      It's business.

      It's fundamental business.

      The tech is window dressing.

      And unfortunately, it's also shiny object attraction for newbies. Some of whom never get over it, even ten years in.


      If your solution is based on a trick, or a scam, or a bait-and-switch (approaching as a potential customer and then switcheroo: actually I'm here to sell you something is the WORST offender here), then is it any wonder you're asking, "Will it work?"

      Get a target market.

      Learn from their mouths what their problem is that you can fix.

      Get that solution in place.

      Tell them you have the solution. Describe their problem situation using their own words.

      Track those who stick up their hands and confirm that yes, this is a problem they have.

      Put the offer for that solution in front of those who say yes.

      Do this enough times and you'll get a buyer.


      Learn your numbers.

      Unqualified Leads >>> Qualified Leads >>> Sales.


      But no.

      You'll be back looking for the next shiny object tech solution, because it promises fast, easy money without you having to know anything or do any work. Now that's dumb.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456963].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CaRTmAnBrAh
        Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

        But no. You'll be back looking for the next shiny object tech solution, because it promises fast, easy money without you having to know anything or do any work. Now that's dumb.
        I skipped to the bottom and have to assume your post didn't actually answer the question.

        Of course we want a shiny object solution that promises fast easy money without having to know anything or do any work. If we didn't, the WSO section wouldn't exist, the mmo niche would disintegrate overnight. So how about you "holier than thous" stop with the lectures and start delivering the goods! Imagine having to give your market what it wants. Duh!

        The market is literally screaming at you, telling you what we want, but your ears seem blocked. The demand is high and insatiable. If you lot actually knew anything about marketing and the MMO niche you'd supply the demand. Guess the obvious is lost on you guys.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456984].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
          Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

          I skipped to the bottom and have to assume your post didn't actually answer the question.

          Of course we want a shiny object solution that promises fast easy money without having to know anything or do any work. If we didn't, the WSO section wouldn't exist, the mmo niche would disintegrate overnight. So how about you "holier than thous" stop with the lectures and start delivering the goods! Imagine having to give your market what it wants. Duh!

          The market is literally screaming at you, telling you what we want, but your ears seem blocked. The demand is high and insatiable. If you lot actually knew anything about marketing and the MMO niche you'd supply the demand. Guess the obvious is lost on you guys.
          Ha ha!

          You're exemplifying exactly what's wrong.

          You say you have a problem...someone takes the time to answer it in paid product-level detail...

          And you're not willing to do the work. Buh-bye.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456986].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author CaRTmAnBrAh
            Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

            Ha ha! You're exemplifying exactly what's wrong. Not willing to do the work. Buh-bye.
            It's not my fault you can't handle the truth. Fine, you don't have the skills to provide the market with what it wants. Just be honest about that, no need for a lecture.

            I'm literally telling you what I want, what the market wants, what we will PAY $1000's for. Of course I'm not willing to do the work, why on earth would I pay to do the work? It makes no sense. Do I pay the car salesman for a car I have to build myself? Shall I pay the builder so I can build my house. I can't believe I'm even having to explain this.

            Here's what we want. A "done for you" solution THAT WORKS. That's all we want.

            And we're willing to pay $1000's to get it.

            At some point the penny is going to drop for one of these "internet marketers".

            STOP telling us push button software doesn't work and start creating push button software that does work.

            I want to press the send button an an email and cash hit my paypal account.

            Hurry up already!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456994].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
              Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

              Here's what we want. A "done for you" solution THAT WORKS. That's all we want.

              And we're willing to pay $1000's to get it.
              ...but only $7 at a time????

              Good luck with that.
              Signature

              Sid Hale
              Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457008].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author CaRTmAnBrAh
                Originally Posted by Sid Hale View Post

                ...but only $7 at a time???? Good luck with that.
                Wrong again. We're willing to pay! And pay big for something that works!

                Problem is, you guys aren't up to the challenge. If you were, you'd be doing crazy numbers all day every day and your customers would be begging you for more. You'd be far too busy for forum posting.

                You guys think "teaching", "adding value", "being helpful" is enough. It's NOT!

                WE WANT RESULTS!

                You guys are supposed to have the knowledge, to have the skills of product creation. How about you stop flapping your gums and start WORKING yourselves to create what the market wants.

                Am I having to teach you guys your own job! sheesh!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457011].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jack Gordon
          Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

          Oh here we go, the "I'm alright jacks" giving it the big I am!

          Can you stop with all the bravado and back slapping for five minutes and just answer the damn question...

          How do I make $100 a day?

          oh yes, and will it work?

          Thanks.
          Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

          I skipped to the bottom and have to assume your post didn't actually answer the question.

          Of course we want a shiny object solution that promises fast easy money without having to know anything or do any work. If we didn't, the WSO section wouldn't exist, the mmo niche would disintegrate overnight. So how about you "holier than thous" stop with the lectures and start delivering the goods! Imagine having to give your market what it wants. Duh!

          The market is literally screaming at you, telling you what we want, but your ears seem blocked. The demand is high and insatiable. If you lot actually knew anything about marketing and the MMO niche you'd supply the demand. Guess the obvious is lost on you guys.


          I am happy to help generously, like Jason above, when a serious question falls into my wheelhouse. Unfortunately, the nonsense has far overtaken the seriousness around here. It is pretty easy to tell who is serious with a problem and who is desperately flailing around looking for something to grab onto.

          My confidence (or bravado) comes from having built multiple successful B2B services online. As a result, my time is much, much more valuable than it was a couple of decades ago. That is just simple supply and demand.

          It is also much too valuable to waste on people who clearly are not ready to implement solid business practices. As I said before, they are destined to fail.

          I can't speak for Jason, obviously, but you are not my market. I owe you nothing. I am here because I like the feeling of helping others who are serious about trying to help themselves. I wish I had resources like this when I was starting out. This is me, paying it forward.

          If you want people who have no problems telling you how to get rich quick, pull out your wallet and head to the WSO section. Obviously, you know it won't work though. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here trolling serious people in serious threads.

          You want the answer to the $100 question? The answer is that it is impossible to earn $100 in IM. Until it isn't.

          It is not the business. It is you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456996].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Key Seek
            Stop trying to fix stupid. This gentleman even admitted to not reading what you wrote, and yet launches into his criticism. He did the same thing to a thread of mine.


            And I am a HUGE Cartman fan




            Originally Posted by Jack Gordon View Post

            I am happy to help generously, like Jason above, when a serious question falls into my wheelhouse. Unfortunately, the nonsense has far overtaken the seriousness around here. It is pretty easy to tell who is serious with a problem and who is desperately flailing around looking for something to grab onto.

            My confidence (or bravado) comes from having built multiple successful B2B services online. As a result, my time is much, much more valuable than it was a couple of decades ago. That is just simple supply and demand.

            It is also much too valuable to waste on people who clearly are not ready to implement solid business practices. As I said before, they are destined to fail.

            I can't speak for Jason, obviously, but you are not my market. I owe you nothing. I am here because I like the feeling of helping others who are serious about trying to help themselves. I wish I had resources like this when I was starting out. This is me, paying it forward.

            If you want people who have no problems telling you how to get rich quick, pull out your wallet and head to the WSO section. Obviously, you know it won't work though. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here trolling serious people in serious threads.

            You want the answer to the $100 question? The answer is that it is impossible to earn $100 in IM. Until it isn't.

            It is not the business. It is you.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457177].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author chyan007
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Key Seek View Post

              Stop trying to fix stupid. This gentleman egven admitted to not reading what you wrote, and yet launches into his criticism. He did the same thing to a thread of mine.


              And I am a HUGE Cartman fan
              If cart man or whoever he or she is, may god bless you, I know where you are heading,

              I just can't help my self laughing, when you said you are a fan of Cartman
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457233].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
                Originally Posted by chyan007 View Post

                If cart man or whoever he or she is, may god bless you, I know where you are heading,

                I just can't help my self laughing, when you said you are a fan of Cartman
                Chyan, Cartman is a character on a long-running American cartoon show and he's best known for being abrasive and obnoxious. The difference between the cartoon Cartman and this one (besides the copyright infringement avatar) is that the cartoon version is sometimes funny. This version is simply trolling, and very successfully.

                As for the request for a $100 per day, done for you, answer, I have one for you, Cartman. It'll only cost you $250 - per day - in advance...
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457280].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author discrat
                  I give credit to Cart in some regards. Actually, some of the things he has said in the past do resemble some form of Truth much to chagrin of others' .

                  But there is a limit of being tasteful and respectful. When it turns into trolling, well it gets a little old


                  - Robert Andrew

                  P.S. Cart, yes there are turn key systems that are Done for You and you can buy them from Product creators but you wll have to pay a small fortune for and probably much more than most Newbies could afford here
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457397].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chyan007
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

        This is such a dumb question.

        And here's why.

        You know how you can make $100, $1000, ANY AMOUNT per day?

        Be ready, willing and able to OUTSPEND your competition.

        If you're willing to spend $100 to get that $100 sale, you'll get it. How about if you're willing to spend $99?

        And you do that 100 times a day?

        Then you've made $100 profit, $1 at a time.


        See, it's a dumb question because of all the dumb assumptions made inside it.

        Assumptions you probably don't even know are there.

        Like this one:

        *whispers*

        "Actually, the question is: How do I make $100 a day...without spending any money!!?"


        The answer I give you is levels above where the newbie is, or where they can go.


        Here's another dumb assumption buried in this dumb question:

        *starts whispering again*

        "How do I make $100 a day...without knowing anything?"


        See, you have do do some actual work here.

        Talk to your target market.

        Look at reviews of products similar to the one you're considering.

        Find affiliate products to promote, and learn what stats matter and how to vett a seller.

        All things newbies are unwilling to do.


        When I see someone asking a decent question, I take the time to answer if it's in my wheelhouse.

        But most of the time, the questions ARE dumb.

        Stuffed with unspoken and not even consciously understood assumptions by the askers like:

        "How do I make $100 a day...without doing any work?"


        Just about ANYTHING will work!!

        This worry about, "Will it work?" is a pathetic timidity and the sign of someone who shouldn't be in business for themselves.

        Learn about a serious problem from your target market that they admit they have.

        Get their exact words on how they describe the problem and the situation they're in.

        Find a competent solution for it. Whether you made it or it belongs to someone else, who cares.

        Get word of that solution up in front of your target market.

        Some members of the target market will stick up their hand and say, "Yes! I have that problem! Exactly as you describe!"

        Now put the offer in front of those few people who stuck up their hands. Because they're the real qualified prospects.

        Some will buy.

        But learn your damn numbers.


        This is the biggest problem newbies have. They never learn their numbers. Because that's too much like work.

        No, no way man...let's not THINK.

        You don't just get one prospect and qualify that one prospect and then automatically that one qualified prospect becomes a buyer.

        You need several unqualified prospects to uncover one qualified prospect.

        And you need several qualified prospects to find one who buys.

        But if you don't stick around, and you jump from one niche, one product, one sales method to another every week because you're chicken and you don't understand the reality of how things really work in the marketing world...

        Then is it really a surprise that you keep losing?

        That your frantic questions are responded to with a point and a snerk?


        How do I make $100 a day??

        There are TONS of ways to make $100 a day.

        Sell a service for $100 more than it costs you to get the sale.

        How many times do you want to have to make the sale? Where's your money tolerance at?

        Got a low money tolerance? Then a $10 sale is going to take you many sales every day, at least 10 and probably a lot more given marketing costs, to get there.

        $50 product? OK, and I mean $50 you keep, so if it's a 50% affiliate commission then you'd better look for $100 products--you'd be surprised how many people make that mistake--then you need at least 2 sales and probably 4 or 5 to cover your marketing costs.

        But no matter what you do, you still need to find that river of leads.

        And that is REALLY the key buried assumption in the dumb question.

        *whispers*

        "How do I make $100 a day...and where are the easy fish to catch? Where are the customers who will bite on that bare hook I simply need to drop into their midst?"


        Make it easy for me.

        Well, nobody who's had to fight their way to that spot is going to give you the location of their favorite fishing hole.

        Sorry.

        And couple all these dumb half-conscious, half-unconscious assumptions with the fact that the WSO section is overflowing with partial solutions to mere parts of the sales process...but presented as Businesses In A Box...and now we're really in trouble.

        The problem with these questions is they show a lack of understanding of the basics of business.

        A seeking of a technical solution for the problem.

        Well, the solution is NOT a technical one.

        Look around.

        We're surrounded by technical solutions.

        But hardly anyone here has figured it out.

        Why is that?


        Because it's not technical.

        It's business.

        It's fundamental business.

        The tech is window dressing.

        And unfortunately, it's also shiny object attraction for newbies. Some of whom never get over it, even ten years in.


        If your solution is based on a trick, or a scam, or a bait-and-switch (approaching as a potential customer and then switcheroo: actually I'm here to sell you something is the WORST offender here), then is it any wonder you're asking, "Will it work?"

        Get a target market.

        Learn from their mouths what their problem is that you can fix.

        Get that solution in place.

        Tell them you have the solution. Describe their problem situation using their own words.

        Track those who stick up their hands and confirm that yes, this is a problem they have.

        Put the offer for that solution in front of those who say yes.

        Do this enough times and you'll get a buyer.


        Learn your numbers.

        Unqualified Leads >>> Qualified Leads >>> Sales.


        But no.

        You'll be back looking for the next shiny object tech solution, because it promises fast, easy money without you having to know anything or do any work. Now that's dumb.
        Sir thank you for this post appreciate it ,

        Happy holidays
        Chyanit
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457049].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chyan007
      Banned
      Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

      Oh here we go, the "I'm alright jacks" giving it the big I am!

      Can you stop with all the bravado and back slapping for five minutes and just answer the damn question...

      How do I make $100 a day?

      oh yes, and will it work?

      Thanks.
      First of all ,I dont want to say this ,so let it be me only ,with this attitude you wont make a dime ,I have seen your post in the past they are bad i m being conservative ,there is a pattenr that i noticed ,sometimes you run after amazon course ,then adsense course ,then clickbank what is this mate ,did you ever take action on anything ,What really frustrtates me ,Lot of us know what needs to be done ,but never do anything about it ,You just come here to make fun and enjoy the time ,Here is a new product for you on clickbank please grab it

      BTW do you even know who Jack is ,Let me tell you he is a great friend of mine and i respect him for that ,and it will take you a while to reach one tenth of it ,again i m being conservative Mate
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457046].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CaRTmAnBrAh
        Originally Posted by chyan007 View Post

        sometimes you run after amazon course, then adsense course, then clickbank what is this mate
        Let me clear this up for you brah. I have zero desire to get involved with adsense and click bank. I do however like case studies regardless of the model.

        did you ever take action on anything
        Hell yes. I'm all about the taking action already!

        You just come here to make fun and enjoy the time
        Nope, I come here to learn, teach and have fun. I'm triple threat.

        again i m being conservative Mate
        I don't think you know what being conservative means... MATE!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457061].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author chyan007
          Banned
          Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

          Let me clear this up for you brah. I have zero desire to get involved with adsense and click bank. I do however like case studies regardless of the model.



          Hell yes. I'm all about the taking action already!



          Nope, I come here to learn, teach and have fun. I'm triple threat.



          I don't think you know what being conservative means... MATE!

          Ok Let us take it for a fact what you said is correct,If i were in your shoes ,I would never even try to counterback ,Just look at the people who have replied to your xyz question ,Which to me are completely out of meat ,but they still replied .Yes you were asking for my reports about my income numbers when i thanked few people and you said it should have been a PM instead of a Thread where you r publicly showing off ,grow up kid ,It was in your mind because your intentions were that and may be you never had the courage to thank people in public just by looking at your eply i can get that ,My reports are ok,Yes it does not come close to people @jack,@gluckspilz,@sid ,@king ,@dwolfe @discrat @Jason @regional warrior ,Its Pretty awesome to be honest ,Lets discuss about reports on FB ,or anyother place ,Not here its not a good place to talk about it ,Learn from these guys ,Instead of arguing ,and to be honest ,I am pretty surprized as to why Jack even bothered to reply you back,I will ask him tomorrow and if he replies it back

          Thanks

          Chyanit
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457087].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author CaRTmAnBrAh
            Originally Posted by chyan007 View Post

            Just look at the people who have replied to your xyz question.
            Who are they? Why should I or anyone else for that matter be impressed exactly? Unless they have real proof improving the lives of their "students" in a FINANCIAL capacity backed up with REAL numbers, they have nothing but bluster. Maybe you need to think about who you're idolising and for what reason? Let me guess, you've paid out on courses you haven't made any gains on yet? But you're "motivated" right? I fear you're going to send yourself to the poor house getting motivated.

            Yes you were asking for my reports about my income numbers when i thanked few people and you said it should have been a PM instead of a Thread
            ahhh, you're a a little hurt because of a previous comment I made on another thread. Don't be so emotional brah. You'll need to toughen up if you want to run with the big dogs in business.

            Yes it does not come close to people @jack,@gluckspilz,@sid ,@king ,@dwolfe @discrat @Jason @regional warrior
            Who?

            Learn from these guys
            Why? I've not seen anything of actual substance apart from their objections to provide what the market actually wants. Have you not read this thread?

            I am pretty surprized as to why Jack even bothered to reply you back
            It really is a Christmas miracle.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457098].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agc
      Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

      How do I make $100 a day?
      From what I've seen of you so far, about the best you can hope for a pulling a double shift at Denny's. You might make $100. Then again, with your attitude, you might just take home the base pay and not make any tips.
      Signature

      One man's terrorist is another man's patriot

      Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground - Frederick Douglas

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jack Gordon
    Jason, there is so much wisdom in that post that I am not even going to try to parse it out for comment.

    Thank you for chiming in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10456977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
    Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

    Wrong again. We're willing to pay! And pay big for something that works!
    Unfortunately, you've been proven wrong on this over and over again (for literally years).

    Why do you think that the WSO section has performed so well over the years?
    Might it be because it's a source for low-budget solutions and cut-rate prices? "special" offers?

    Problem is, you guys aren't up to the challenge. If you were, you'd be doing crazy numbers all day every day and your customers would be begging you for more. You'd be far too busy for forum posting.
    Some of us don't need to work 8 hour days to be successful.
    Others work MORE than 8 hours per day.
    Still others use their time here on the forum for reputation/relationship building and either giving back to the community, or paying it forward.

    You guys think "teaching", "adding value", "being helpful" is enough. It's NOT!

    WE WANT RESULTS!
    Go out and work for them, like we have.
    Sorry, but "teaching", "adding value", "being helpful" is all you'll get from this forum.
    You can accept that for what it's worth... or go elsewhere. I doubt anyone else really cares.

    You guys are supposed to have the knowledge, to have the skills of product creation. How about you stop flapping your gums and start WORKING yourselves to create what the market wants.
    That's simple enough... the market won't pay the price.

    Having the knowledge and the skills doesn't obligate anyone to give it all away for free.

    You want a turnkey business.
    The market for a turnkey business is ONE sale.

    It sounds like you need to decide what you want your business to be, and then outsource the development of that business - since you want it all done for you.

    Lastly...
    Am I having to teach you guys your own job! sheesh!
    Our job??? Your sense of entitlement is really beginning to show now.

    I, personally, haven't had a "job" since I formed my first business in 1983 - but I'm not about to replicate my experience for you at any price, much less one that you would be willing to pay.
    Signature

    Sid Hale
    Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457121].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CaRTmAnBrAh
      Originally Posted by Sid Hale View Post

      Some of us don't need to work 8 hour days to be successful.
      That old chestnut. Sigh.

      or paying it forward.
      Well they can just stop it. Anyone who actually uses that phrase and genuinely means it is being condescending and embarrassingly delusional at best, manipulative and deceptive at worst. Paying it forward my a$$. Let's at least keep this real. You and I both know there is no paying it forward. They might as well put on the bottom of their sales pages that they do a lot for charity as well.

      Go out and work for them, like we have.
      Or how about you sell a real solution to the problem, we, the market wants?

      Sorry, but "teaching", "adding value", "being helpful" is all you'll get from this forum.
      So basically the blind leading the blind. Well that's not great is it.

      You can accept that for what it's worth... or go elsewhere. I doubt anyone else really cares.
      Oh they'd care alright. Nobody wants to stifle the voice of truth being heard.

      That's simple enough... the market won't pay the price.
      Yes, yes they would.

      Having the knowledge and the skills doesn't obligate anyone to give it all away for free.
      I agree. So great news because the market is willing to pay the price.

      but I'm not about to replicate my experience for you at any price, much less one that you would be willing to pay.
      Bit of a rookie mistake to decide what someone else is willing to pay. That's business 101 brah.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457139].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chyan007
        Banned
        Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

        That old chestnut. Sigh.



        Well they can just stop it. Anyone who actually uses that phrase and genuinely means it is being condescending and embarrassingly delusional at best, manipulative and deceptive at worst. Paying it forward my a$$. Let's at least keep this real. You and I both know there is no paying it forward. They might as well put on the bottom of their sales pages that they do a lot for charity as well.



        Or how about you sell a real solution to the problem, we, the market wants?



        So basically the blind leading the blind. Well that's not great is it.



        Oh they'd care alright. Nobody wants to stifle the voice of truth being heard.



        Yes, yes they would.



        I agree. So great news because the market is willing to pay the price.



        Bit of a rookie mistake to decide what someone else is willing to pay. That's business 101 brah.
        Hey whoever you are, let me tell you few things, I have rarely come across some one, like you, do you really want numbers, let's get to that point, you have gone way too far now. I am surrounded by people who have made multiple 6 to 7 figure business online, to be honest i have been coached by a few, now they are freinds, y r u doing this mate. You have never made a dime online, and seriously I doubt you will ever, you have crossed the limit of insanity mate
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457160].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        I disagree with the title of this thread.

        There are stupid questions
        There are stupid answers
        There are stupid people
        There are people acting stupid

        The first three are usually by those who don't know they are being stupid. It can be language or perception or lack of intelligence but isn't intentional. For that reason it's not always a negative.

        The last is the worst to me - someone who thinks his comment is more clever than or more important than what others have to say. Depending on the subject, this one can fall along the lines of pompous a$$ or arrogant twit.......or just plain silliness.
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

        I'm going to work on being less condescending
        (Condescending means to talk down to people)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faisalmaximus
    Thats true, nothing can give such pleasure which self learning can give. When ever I face any problem in online marketing, or I get any idea I do the research myself instead of asking others.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agc
    If you [the now banned and expunged CartManBrah] only had a clue. Maybe you should ask the wizard? Or I could go all Wayne's World on you and give you a quarter so you can buy a clue?

    Nice try at trolling. Not the best showing, but a good solid losers effort. I'll give the results a 5. I imagine you could do a little better, maybe a 6 if you really tried. But a 6 is about the best we'll get out of you. The weakness in your trolling game is mostly that, well, honestly you just aren't smart enough.

    I personally would suggest you stop with he douchey tw*t act and try just genuinely being yourself. Unless the real you is even more disgusting than the douchey troll you, in which case, well, I dunno what to tell you then. Maybe just kill yourself? At least stay away from other people.

    Honest;y, I wonder why the mods haven't banned you yet. Every indication is you're either a former reg who got banned or a current one just playing sock puppet. Either way, it might be time to show you the door.
    Signature

    One man's terrorist is another man's patriot

    Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground - Frederick Douglas

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agc
    [in re to another CartmanBrah gem of wisdom]

    If it weren't the spot on truth, it might be too much. But don't take my word for it. Why don't you take a poll?
    Signature

    One man's terrorist is another man's patriot

    Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground - Frederick Douglas

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ragnarkar
    Originally Posted by Jack Gordon View Post

    ... is the stupidest statement people make to help people who ask stupid questions not feel bad about themselves.

    But, there are most definitely such things as a stupid questions. Lots of them, actually.






    Here is some advice for those who want to fire before aiming...

    Before you ask a question about how to succeed at something, spend some time thinking about the steps before the success. Break it down.

    Instead of "How can I make $100 a day", how about "I want to sell XYZ. I have found my supplier and figured out how to drop ship, but I am not sure where to find my market, and Amazon sells it cheaper than I can buy it"

    That is a problem that can be answered. Maybe not to your liking, but in business many questions often must be asked before you get the answer you like. And with a good answer comes a course of action.

    The path to successfully asking for help is to first help yourself.

    Google it. Search this forum for similar questions that have been answered. Email potential partners (or better yet, pick up the phone) and start conversations with the people who may really be in a position to help you. But only if you have done your research and are prepared to help them too, somehow (like becoming a customer, reseller, jv partner, etc).

    At the very least, try not to waste the time of others who have figured this stuff out already.

    Lots of people are willing to help you, but nobody is going to do the hard work for you. Not out of a lack of desire to see you succeed, but because if you can't prove you are willing to work hard, you are signalling to the world that you are most likely going to fail and anyone who helps you along the way is supporting a lost cause.

    Prove you are not a time waster by putting several hours of actual hard work and research into any question before you ask it. If you do that, one of two things will happen:

    1) You will find your answer (amazing how that works)
    2) You will educate yourself on the problem you should be focused on, and ask a much better question.

    Learn to do this, and you will find the problems you need to solve will become much less daunting and more solvable.

    Happy Holidays.
    There needs to be a "Newbie" forum where these types of questions are allowed, basically those questions that can be answered with less than 1 hour of research or are so vague there's no way they can be answered without your own introspection.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457627].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      The meaning of the phrase in the title suggests that any question can be asked because we are all beings in learning and every question (even if seemingly 'stupid' or repeated) brings about facts and curiosities including extrospection of those who respond - even if the responses are entirely unrelated to the question.

      For example we can learn who breaks under trivialities and who bends like a reed in the wind.

      Likewise, it could be argued that 'stupid' is perhaps the act of attempting to reach out to people who have a habit of failing to read existing threads, with a thread......but again, we have those aforementioned fruits as a result of it.

      Shalomsmiths!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10457696].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tholian15
    This may sound like a stupid question for sure. How do I find a good coach. I am 3 or 4 steps to setting a squeeze page and am doing some marketing. Just starting for the 2nd time (life happens). How do I find a good coach? and how would I know they are a good coach?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10458684].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chyan007
      Banned
      Originally Posted by tholian15 View Post

      This may sound like a stupid question for sure. How do I find a good coach. I am 3 or 4 steps to setting a squeeze page and am doing some marketing. Just starting for the 2nd time (life happens). How do I find a good coach? and how would I know they are a good coach?
      Yes it was not a good question ,having said that ,I can be your coach provided you give your efforts ,and at a 250$ in advance ,Is this ok mate

      If it is ,Let me know Lol

      chyanit
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10458711].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author xnice
      Originally Posted by tholian15 View Post

      This may sound like a stupid question for sure. How do I find a good coach. I am 3 or 4 steps to setting a squeeze page and am doing some marketing. Just starting for the 2nd time (life happens). How do I find a good coach? and how would I know they are a good coach?
      You can research by yourself, it is difficult to find good coach with cheap price
      Signature
      Need Quality Backlinks: Check Out How To Buy Quality Backlinks in 2018?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10458725].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chyan007
        Banned
        Originally Posted by xnice View Post

        You can research by yourself, it is difficult to find good coach with cheap price
        Yes agree with you
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10458827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raydal
    If there ARE stupid questions.

    Then what kind of people ask these questions?

    Will answering them change those people?

    Hoping those were not stupid questions,

    -Ray Edwards
    Signature
    The most powerful and concentrated copywriting training online today bar none! Autoresponder Writing Email SECRETS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10458759].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack Gordon
      Originally Posted by Raydal View Post

      If there ARE stupid questions.

      Then what kind of people ask these questions?

      Will answering them change those people?

      Hoping those were not stupid questions,

      -Ray Edwards
      Ray, those are thoughtful questions, well worth debating.

      My purpose here, before the trolling and derailment, was to try to inspire an elevation in the caliber of questions asked and the conversation that ensues.

      My 12-year-old son would ask a question like "how can I make $100 a day" and not even care about the answer unless it was directing him to a push-button moneymaker.

      I love my son, but I have no desire to be a part of a forum populated with people who are at same entrepreneurial level he is at.

      It is a battle I am losing (or have already lost), unfortunately.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459040].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        Then what kind of people ask these questions?
        Those who think being seen/heard is the most important point.

        Will answering them change those people?
        Probably not.
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

        I'm going to work on being less condescending
        (Condescending means to talk down to people)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459119].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CB Elite
    I disagree.

    I've been marketing online for 13 years fulltime and coached many people.

    At the very beginning of your career, you don't know what you don't know.

    I've asked questions like those at different stages of my career as I have moved from market to market.

    When i decided I wanted to sell high end coaching products, I actually asked the question "What does a high-end coaching product look like?" because I was a noob again and didn't know from my position at ground-zero.

    Murray
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459416].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tholian15
      Originally Posted by CB Elite View Post

      I disagree.

      I've been marketing online for 13 years fulltime and coached many people.

      At the very beginning of your career, you don't know what you don't know.

      I've asked questions like those at different stages of my career as I have moved from market to market.

      When i decided I wanted to sell high end coaching products, I actually asked the question "What does a high-end coaching product look like?" because I was a noob again and didn't know from my position at ground-zero.

      Murray

      So Stupid Question No.2, What does a high-end coaching product look like? Do I just purchase a "Funnel System"? Any Respected names or products out there?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10461083].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
        Originally Posted by tholian15 View Post

        So Stupid Question No.2, What does a high-end coaching product look like? Do I just purchase a "Funnel System"? Any Respected names or products out there?
        Do you HAVE a product or service that you deliver at a level of excellence?

        Gotta start there.

        You can't jump from plumber to astronaut.

        It's amazing...newbies are so lazy, and this only started happening in the past couple years here...won't watch the forum to see which posters they resonate with...want all the answers now.

        Odds are you don't have anything that is worth high ticket prices. You have to have something valuable at the center of your business and most here do not.

        Watch people who post. Take your time. I know the point of view of the broke newbie is a desperate lunge for cash, but the truth is it's going to take longer than the fantasy you have in mind to make a real business.

        As I've said over and over again, Oliver Talamayan's Ultimate Achiever's Mastermind and Russ Ruffino's The Art of High-Ticket Selling groups on Facebook are the two best places to start.

        But if you're walking around going, "Huh?" "What?" then the discussion in those groups is not going to make any difference to you anyway.

        Looking for someone else to give you the magic bullet is dumb. Paying someone to create your credibility and your ability when you have nothing at the center is dumb. Get good at something YOURSELF. Then you'll have a valuable center to build your business around.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10461394].message }}

Trending Topics