Super Easy $500 Contest. Jay Truman wins.

61 replies
Warriors, can I ask your help here for a second? I'll put your name into a random drawing and kick in $50 cash, and access to ALL of my marketing materials (which are valued way over $500). I'll award it to one random person that takes a few seconds to answer a question I have.

This will be cool for everyone here as well because you'll get to see what people really want. (Or at least what they say they want)

All you have to do is help me out by answering the question below. I'll pick a random winner. If you participate, and follow directions you're eligible to win.

I'm a bit stuck, and I know many of you can provide a bit of clarity for me. I teach a variety of things in the internet marketing space. In fact, maybe too many things.

Since hundreds of your are my customers, it's obvious many of you are my likely target audience. And one thing I've learned is, it's much easier to just ask your target market what is important to them.

So would you mind if I asked you which of these skills is the most important for your business?

1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
5. Social Media marketing


Specifically I'd like to know in order of 1 to 5 which ones are the most important for you to learn or which do you think would be the most helpful? For instance, you can reply....

5
2
1
3
4

And I'd like to know "WHY" the number one thing is important, and why the number 5 thing is the least important? Such as...

I find #5 Social Media marketing the most important because it's all the rage and I don't want to get left behind.

and...

I find #4 internet marketing for newbies the least important because I've already been marketing for 2 years already.


Pretty easy. I'd love to know how you personally felt so I don't have to just make a wild guess.
#$50 #$500 #answer #cash #contest #easy #question #super
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Brite
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    2. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    3. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    4. Social Media marketing
    5. Internet marketing basics for newbies

    I have chosen the top thing as being 'Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting' Simply because that is where most of the money seem's to lie in IM! It is something i am very very interested in and have already spent alot of money on researching and am currently implimenting it to great sucess and profits!

    I have also chosen 'Internet marketing basics for newbies' as the least important for me simply because there are so many other ebooks out there on this... everyone seems to cover the basics but basicly! They never go into much detail and leave it open and questions un-answered! Now im well past the newbie change but still there is a gap to make a kinda perfect newbie ebook, i feel anyway!

    Oh and i would like to touch on social media marketing... i hate it... it sucks and soon enough will go out of fashion and not yield as many results as it did before! Twitter has already become a spam haven and facebook groups are having more and more links and promotion in them too!

    Thanks and im glad to help even if i don't win

    Tom Brite
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
    Thx Tom. That's exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping to hear. The more opinionated the better!
    Signature
    FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087801].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom Brite
      Originally Posted by Jason Moffatt View Post

      Thx Tom. That's exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping to hear. The more opinionated the better!
      Out of interest when are you going to draw this??

      Thanks

      Tom Brite
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087808].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
        Originally Posted by Tom Brite View Post

        Out of interest when are you going to draw this??

        Thanks

        Tom Brite
        Oh I dunno, probably sometime tomorrow. Maybe let it run for a weekday. I'll pick at random too, and not necessarily who writes the best essay. I just wanna know how people feel, and anyone who gives a valid attempt will be put into random drawing.
        Signature
        FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087825].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jay Truman
          Originally Posted by Jason Moffatt View Post

          1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
          2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
          3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
          4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
          5. Social Media marketing
          1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
          2. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
          3. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
          4. Social Media marketing
          5. Internet marketing basics for newbies

          1. I picked sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting because part of the "core" of marketing is about communication. Secondly, these tactics can increase #2,#3, and #4. If #1 can increase conversions for #2, traffic has become easier.

          2. Probably the best/easiest/quickest way to increase traffic and get sales is from theguru endorsements. If you have a business, #1 and #2 is probably the quickest way to get more sales. Increase conversions and traffic.

          3. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks is number 3 because it is a segment of sales,persuasion, and copywriting. i guess it depends on the context of these "video tricks"?

          4. Social media marketing is also good and important, but not my fav. in list as far as making money. good for pr and getting traffic. You don't need smm to make money.

          5. The basics is too basic for me
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason_V
    Jason,

    My order would be:

    5
    2
    1
    3
    4

    I think 5 is important because it's the "newest" and it's hard to keep up with. Also, because traffic is key to anyone's success.

    I think 2 is important for the same reasons above.

    1 is very important, but not as important as traffic. Once you start to get traffic then you need to know how to write more persuasively whether it's for your own products, or pre-selling affiliate products.

    After you have a handle on the above tactics you can create your own product. When you have traffic and great copy, then you should try to attract a guru to help make you even more profitable.

    Newbie marketing last, because I just don't need "basics" also, there's a lot of other basics programs out there, why re-invent the wheel if you don't have to.
    Signature
    "When you do something exactly wrong, you always turn up something."
    -Andy Warhol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yommys01
    1. Internet marketing basics for newbies : As a Newbie, I want to know the basics as the basics is the foundation of any journey. Knowing what is important and how to do that which is important is key to success in my opinion.

    2. Advance Sales, Persuasion Tactics and copywriting : I personally believe no one will be able to make a dime online if he or she is not able to convice his or her prospects. Besides as a newbie I don't think it is wise to hire a copy writer and pay such big amount of money that is always the case with copy writers when I can just learn it and do it for others.

    3. Social Media marketing : Content is king but traffic is money. A king, money and influence can not be seperated. I would want to know how to generate free traffic and blacklinks through the power of social media marketing and save myself some cool cash.

    4. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks : This should be joint third. The same reason applies as with social media marketing.

    5. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks : OKAY, this will come last for me because I need to know the basics, need to learn how to prepare the ground for my prospects through, get those prospects and then know the who is who after knowing everything I need to know. This one is important because no one is a newbie forever and it is just a matter of time before I also start teaching and know and having a strong connection with the gurus means I can easily be respected and accepted meaning I can easily rake in more cash peggybacking or leveraging on someone's success or profile.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ken Strong
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    5. Social Media marketing
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies


    I put #2 first, because "easy, yet wildly profitable" is always good in my book -- and video is the way to go these days, so anything I can learn in that area is good.

    Advanced sales and persuasion is a close 2nd just because I like learning that stuff.

    I put newbie info last because I think there are a ton of products available already that cover that from many different angles, or I can just create my own stuff.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Hi Jason,

    I hope it's okay that I explained my reasoning for EACH item on the list.

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting - Because EVERYTHING else revolves around these principles and techniques. Video and social media are useless if you don't know how to be persuasive.

    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers. - There is power in numbers. Their is power in who you know.

    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks - To be honest, I don't use video, BUT I may consider it if there was a really easy and non-techie way to do it.

    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies - While some may not consider me a "newbie", it's interesting to see what other top marketers think new people should know. And, yes, there may be a lot of other guides, but I don't the market for HIGH-QUALITY newbie guides is even close to saturated.

    5. Social Media marketing - I put this last because it relies too heavily on the TOS and whims of third parties.

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Freeman77
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    5. Social Media marketing
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks

    #3 is first because I've had some success getting gurus in my niche to market my stuff, but I've had some rejections (or more specifically, no response) from a couple of gurus as well.

    #2 is last because I prefer to stay off camera, and I think the power of text will remain constant, despite the increasing popularity of video.

    Hope that Helps!

    - Mike
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087834].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rhondaklewis
    4)Internet marketing for newbies. If you don 't know the basics then you can't really be successful with numbers 2,3,4 and 5.
    5)Social media marketing-you need traffic. No traffic, who is going to see your sales page?
    1)Advanced sales-It's like a car accident on the side of the road. If your sales copy is good then your traffic will stop to read it.
    3) Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks-this is like icing on the cake. Anything wildly profitable is a good thing.
    2)I don't really pay attention to what gurus have to say about a product. To me it is no different then a celeb endorsing a product. But it won't hurt to use them. It just does not seem to be that important.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hackbridge
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    5. Social Media marketing

    1.
    3.
    5.
    2.
    4.
    In that order

    Brian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087878].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author spicer
      1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
      2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
      3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
      4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
      5. Social Media marketing

      As far as skills need or most useful to running my business Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting would have to be my first choice.

      Easy profitable video tricks is next as if I can add something to my tool box that is easy and profitable i always like that.

      Next would be getting in with the gurus, but if I have not done my homework I would think I would be wasting their time and I would not get as much out of it until I am truly ready.

      Next would be marketing basics for newbies even though I have been learning for some time I am still more a newbie than a full fledged marketer. Never the less you can almost always get something of value form training even if it is geared to someone completely new to the biz. Either something is given from another perspective or something basic used in a unusual way I never thought of are just a few examples.

      I put social media last as it interests me the least. I am getting better and I do use it, but I just do not prefer it.

      Thanks for the interesting thought provoking questions. I am looking forward to seeing what becomes of this. It should be great.
      Signature

      I love marketing and technology...
      I am hear to help anyone that is looking to make money online.
      Please private message me if you are looking for a mentor or just have some questions.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kelly Verge
    1
    3
    2
    5
    4

    Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting is my #1 because I continue to see how it can be the most profitable skill - both on my own sites to increase conversions and when doing it as contract work.

    Internet marketing basics for newbies is #5 because I've been doing this all for a while and these courses tend to be too basic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LilBlackDress
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting - Definitely #1 ....This is essential to get the sale.

    2. Social Media marketing - A nice plus, great way to make connections and customers.

    3. Internet marketing basics for newbies - There are still some basics I need to fully understand why I am doing them like pinging for example.

    4. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks - I will watch this but I would rather read about it.

    5. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers - Not at all important to me as it does not relate to my niches.
    Signature

    Pen Name + 8 eBooks + social media sites 4 SALE - PM me (evergreen beauty niche)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ecoverartist
    1 How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    2. Social Media marketing3 Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    4 Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    5. Internet marketing basics for newbies

    Of course copywriting is important to me... it's what I DO full time. But if I were to buy a course on any of these subjects, the most important would be to get the attention of gurus in my particular niche. Why do I feel that's important? Because you can go SOOOO much farther with a well-known name attached to yours. Entire IM careers have been built on the backs of gurus. But they're inundated with stuff so I'd personally like to know how to stand out and get noticed above all the "Puh-leeeze JV with me!!!111" stuff.

    IM for Newbies is least important to me because there is already a glut of videos and how-to's out there for beginners. Heck, just search this forum and you can find a heap of stuff for free.

    Hope that helps answer your questions
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087914].message }}
  • 1. Advanced Sales, Persuasion Tactics, and copywritting
    5. Social Media Marketing
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    4. Internet Marketing basics for newbies


    I think that #1 is the most important to me because I feel this would most benifit me in the CPA market or any market for that matter. First of all, persuasion tactics are key to any successful business. Gaining the ability to get someone to buy your product or take your service. This is the most important to me. Also copywriting goes hand in hand with Persuasion tactics. Since the internet consists of the use of words to complete a sale, copywriting is a must.

    I feel that Internet Marketing basics for newbies, is always important at first. You implement them everyday, and every time you go about launching a new venture. Without the basics, you can't move on to the complex methods/tactics. But, the "basics" are still the basics --- meaning you can only get so far with them. You need to get in deep to be successful and start using tactics that get you ahead of your competition/get you more eyes towards your products, etc...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jesus Perez
    1. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    2. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    4. Social Media marketing
    5. Internet marketing basics for newbies

    1. Video is going to only get bigger. Learning from your crazy ass would be very insightful. What goes through your mind when you're in the brainstorming sessions for the vids? Is it raw, spontaneous creavitivity? Or meticulously planned?

    5. If it's the same "basics" then I think the topic has been covered. However, if you stand behind your own "basics", I may just make this #1.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Les Tatum
    1
    2
    5
    3
    4

    I picked Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting for number one because these are the things that will get people to buy. I have been studying copywriting and persuasion tactics and this is something that can cary over to pretty much all parts of my business.

    I picked Internet marketing basics for newbies last because I have been marketing online for years in one form or another and already know the basics for the most part.

    Thanks Jason!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087929].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gail Sober
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    5. Social Media marketing
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies

    #3 would be the most important for me because it's one of the only things here that isn't outsourceable and you actually want to do yourself regardless of what level of success you achieve.

    #4 would be the least important because I've been doing this for years and years.

    #2 & #5 would be more important if they were wrapped up in a "getting traffic" package or lumped in with #4 because you can't ever have too much traffic.

    #1 is just one of those things I think that you either have it or you don't. Picasso might have ran an art class but some level of natural talent is required to really prosper from the teachings.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087945].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Doug
    1 - because this type of information, used properly, makes money in any environment.
    5
    2
    3
    4 - because there is plenty of this information abundantly available everywhere.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1087971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting - Persuasion and copywriting is usually the first chance to make an impression on a prospective customer

    2. Social Media marketing- I get a lot of traffic and search engine ranking from this. The more I know the better.

    4. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks - don't use this much. I'm on hughes.net satellite which limits daily bandwidth, so video is not i my arsenal

    4. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers - just not something I do. Wouldn't they be kind of a hard sell since they already know every trick in the book?

    5. Internet marketing basics for newbies - haven't been a newbie for a long time
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
    It's interesting to see the trend that #1 is a bit more desired from the rest. At least that is what people say.

    I say it's interesting because in my experience, and most of those I know, selling copywriting and advanced sales stuff has always converted the worst against the other options. I'm not sure why, especially when people willingly admit it's importance. However, In dozens of situations I've been saddened by the dismal results when selling this sort of stuff. (Even when selling some of the copywriting masters too)

    Also, keep in mind that when I say... "befriend a guru in your niche" ... I'm not always referring to the group of IM Bigwigs we all know, love, or hate. I'm referring to the top dog in that niche. For instance, if you were in the home remodeling business and you wanted to hook up with Bob Villa.

    I don't want the silly word "guru" to skew the results. Think of it more as, connecting with the top dog, or biggest celebrity, or most successful entrepreneur in your niche.

    Great stuff so far. I really appreciate it.
    Signature
    FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088022].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Martin Luxton
      Originally Posted by Jason Moffatt View Post

      It's interesting to see the trend that #1 is a bit more desired from the rest. At least that is what people say.

      I say it's interesting because in my experience, and most of those I know, selling copywriting and advanced sales stuff has always converted the worst against the other options. I'm not sure why, especially when people willingly admit it's importance. However, In dozens of situations I've been saddened by the dismal results when selling this sort of stuff. (Even when selling some of the copywriting masters too)

      Also, keep in mind that when I say... "befriend a guru in your niche" ... I'm not always referring to the group of IM Bigwigs we all know, love, or hate. I'm referring to the top dog in that niche. For instance, if you were in the home remodeling business and you wanted to hook up with Bob Villa.

      I don't want the silly word "guru" to skew the results. Think of it more as, connecting with the top dog, or biggest celebrity, or most successful entrepreneur in your niche.

      Great stuff so far. I really appreciate it.
      Jason, advanced sales, persuasion, tactics, and copywriting are not sexy and they require hard work and a lot of studying.

      Easy, yet wildly profitable videos tricks is a winner because it implies loads of wonga for little work.

      I think you're wise to say

      At least that is what people say
      People tell you lots of things are important but, when push comes to shove, they won't fork out money for it.

      Are random posters on the WF really the best way for you to go about getting this info? I remember a while back, Paul Myers did a similar survey with his list and he was surprised by the answers he got. Doing the same survey on the WF might have led him astray.

      For what it's worth, here are my choices.

      1. Advanced Sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting - I love continuous learning and you could spend your whole life learning something new about these (with a practical application). Having said that, I wouldn't buy a new course for a while because I'm still wading through stuff I've got from Paul Myers, John Carlton, Clayton Makepeace etc.

      2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks - videos are a great marketing tool, I love making them so why not find ways to monetize them better?

      3= Social Media Marketing - I think the market is saturated with too many opportunist marketers who offer short term, gaming strategies. No doubt there's good stuff out there, but there's so much dross to go through. I'm weary of it but maybe there are gazillions of hungry buyers who aren't.

      3= How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers - I'm wary of having to offer a quid pro quo that I'm uncomfortable with.

      3= Internet marketing basics for newbies - been through that.

      Martin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088977].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
        Originally Posted by Martin Luxton View Post

        Are random posters on the WF really the best way for you to go about getting this info? I remember a while back, Paul Myers did a similar survey with his list and he was surprised by the answers he got. Doing the same survey on the WF might have led him astray.
        Martin
        The best way?

        I'm not sure. Whether or not it's the best is not entirely relevant to me because it is still helpful even if it's not the best way.

        I'll collect data from multiple sources and use a variety of methods to answer a couple specific questions I have in mind.

        All feedback, regardless of who it's from will help me. Especially since I sell all 5 of the things I'm asking about.
        Signature
        FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tuldok
    4 5 1 2 3

    this is my process if i will establish my business, because everything in advance came from basics.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SKWeaver
    2
    1
    3
    4
    5

    I rate #2 (video tricks) as most important because it has the potential of increasing my conversion rates.
    I rate #5 (social media marketing) as least important because it's ineffective. with but maybe one or two exceptions, social media can't deliver targeted traffic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan C. Rinnert
    Originally Posted by Jason Moffatt View Post

    So would you mind if I asked you which of these skills is the most important for your business?

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    5. Social Media marketing
    3.
    5.
    1.
    2.
    4.

    The top two were a toss-up. I went with #3 because I feel I have a pretty good edge already on #5, but it was still a close second because there are always new things you can learn in that area as it is somewhat of a moving target at times. Still #3 is a biggie. I've gotten some valuable help in that regard from other Warriors, but still it's something I'd be interested in learning more on.

    And I put #4 last because I have a forthcoming product in that field and I don't know want the competition. ;-) Plus, once you teach me #3, then I'll know how to get you to say "yes" to my JV offer. Ha-ha! ;-)
    Signature

    Dan's content is irregularly read by handfuls of people. Join the elite few by reading his blog: dcrBlogs.com, following him on Twitter: dcrTweets.com or reading his fiction: dcrWrites.com but NOT by Clicking Here!

    Dan also writes content for hire, but you can't afford him anyway.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lance K
    Originally Posted by Jason Moffatt View Post


    So would you mind if I asked you which of these skills is the most important for your business?

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    5. Social Media marketing


    Specifically I'd like to know in order of 1 to 5 which ones are the most important for you to learn or which do you think would be the most helpful?
    3 - Because it's not what you know, but who you know (or who knows you)

    2 - Video is here to stay. Any tactic that's easy to employ and results in a profit spike is worth learning.

    5 - I'm a social media dunce by chosen ignorance. Someday I'll see the forest through the trees

    1 - I pretty familiar with this one. And while I'm always eager to learn more, it still comes in 4th on this list for me.

    4 - Wouldn't get much good out of this one



    I hope this helps, J-Mo. But I don't want your money. Give it to your local Boys & Girls club if you draw my name.
    Signature
    "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
    ~ Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mmurtha
    Hi Jason,

    First off, thanks for doing this in the forum where we can all gather info.

    Secondly, here is my answer:

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    2. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    3. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    4. Social Media marketing
    5. Internet marketing basics for newbies


    The reason why I picked Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting as #1 on the list is because I stink at persuasion tactics and copywriting, and I believe that getting better at persuasion and advanced sales tactics will improve my chances of fulfilling my #2 pick (How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers).

    I picked Internet marketing basics for newbies for the #5 slot because I have a few years experience in marketing online.


    Mary
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088230].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers - because with their power, you can accomplish much more, faster.

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting - Email copywriting to be specific. I outsource everything else and just dont like to wait for an email promo to be written.

    5. Social Media marketing - I know this stuff but "action plans" would be nice as I tend to get distracted on all social marketing.

    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks - I dont like video. I should but I don't.

    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies - well, I've been at it forever.


    If you happen to pick me, give the cash to a single mom buying groceries.
    Signature
    Screw You, NameCheap!
    $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

    SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xc-mikey
    Hi Jason,

    I've heard the way to make money is to ask a thirsty audience what they would like to drink, then give it to them.

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    5. Social Media marketing

    Advanced sales, because most if the intro stuff I've found is nothing more than actually reading the guides on websites. Copywriting and persuasion are great because I get those guru emails all the time and you feel compelled to buy them right there. As long as you don't cross over into manipulation, this is one to learn.
    Videos are up there as well, since a good video can really do wonders from a viral standpoint. You don't see this about letters or many articles going viral.

    On the low side with social media, it's seems like it's all spammy now. You really only need a few good outlets in order for something to spread and somehow writing an article seems easier. I'm on so many different sites that I've lost track of memberships and why I joined them in the first place.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author matthewd
    My order is:
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting

    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks

    5. Social Media marketing

    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies

    The reason I put "3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers" as number one is because relationships have been the key to my success thus far and I think being able to build relationships with successful people is a HUGE shortcut to success.

    The only reason "4. Internet marketing basics for newbies" is at the bottom is because personally I am beyond that and would not benefit as much from that as the others.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088436].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088458].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Originally Posted by Mr Money Maker View Post

      Can you post this here?....just asking sounds like advertising to me
      I must have missed the offer. :confused:

      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088496].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
      Originally Posted by Mr Money Maker View Post

      Can you post this here?....just asking sounds like advertising to me
      I guess you could flag me, or write up one of those infraction things on me, and if enough people feel like you do, then the entire page will vanish.

      Then nobody benefits very much from the info on the page. (Unless they are smart enough to save it every now and then.)

      Am I advertising?

      Aren't we all in some weird way?
      Signature
      FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088513].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dan C. Rinnert
        Originally Posted by Jason Moffatt View Post

        (Unless they are smart enough to save it every now and then.)
        Thanks for the reminder.
        Signature

        Dan's content is irregularly read by handfuls of people. Join the elite few by reading his blog: dcrBlogs.com, following him on Twitter: dcrTweets.com or reading his fiction: dcrWrites.com but NOT by Clicking Here!

        Dan also writes content for hire, but you can't afford him anyway.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian Fox
      Originally Posted by Mr Money Maker View Post

      Can you post this here?....just asking sounds like advertising to me
      He's OBVIOUSLY doing marketing research here and not advertising. I am sure he's wanting to know what people like us are interested in and why so he can 'feed the hungry'.

      I see nothing wrong with it rather clever actually...personally I could use the info and the 50 bucks so whatev, I'd do the same. It's not like he's going to drag this out for 3 months.

      This thread does give some educational insight regardless of what he gets out of it IMO.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088706].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hackbridge
      Originally Posted by Mr Money Maker View Post

      Can you post this here?....just asking sounds like advertising to me
      You will read on the forum occasionally that a Warrior will be asking things like "What do newbies struggle with online/offline?" What they are actually doing is compiling the next WSO or a ebook entitled "What Newbies Struggle With Online/Offline".

      I can't think why you think that this is advertising. These are a set of questions if I'm not mistaken. They might lead to the creation of a product but right now, Jason wants to know of them you think is the most important?

      Brian
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088731].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mywebwork
      Originally Posted by Mr Money Maker View Post

      Can you post this here?....just asking sounds like advertising to me
      Actually it's NOT advertising - it's market research. Jason is trying to focus his creative efforts on the area where it will be most beneficial, for both himself and his subscribers. By doing it in this thread (as opposed to sending an e-mail questionairre to his list) he is also sharing the research with the rest of us.

      I'm happy to provide my responses to the survey:

      1 - How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
      2 - Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
      3 - Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
      4 - Social Media marketing
      5 - Internet marketing basics for newbies

      My situation (and thus the reason for my response) is this:

      I've been developing an online application for Internet Marketers, it's actually a project I started in 2005 and have recently focused all my efforts on. I'm at the stage where I'm starting to recruit beta testers and hope to launch within a couple of months.

      While I've been working with Internet Marketing since 2004 my primary skill is as a software developer. I don't have the reputation or big list that the gurus have, but I do have a unique and exclusive product. So connecting with gurus and creating effective sales copy is information I could really use right now.

      I placed Social Media Marketing and Newbie training at the end. For one thing I really don't need the Newbie training, but also I think those subjects are already saturated with training material.

      Hope this helps!

      Bill
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lyn Woodring
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    5. Social Media marketing

    Mine would be
    4. It would be nice to have one simple roadmap to start with that explains in everday terms what to do in what order. When I say simple I really mean simple like ftp, hosting, domains, blogs website design and add ons. Then basic marketing. In video please. I know enough to be dangerous now.
    5. It seems that that if done correctly it would lead to bascially free traffic at least in terms of money spent.
    1. Persuasion is at heart of everything you do online or otherwise.
    2. Profitable and easy go together like mom and apple pie. And video is here to stay.
    3. The others needs to be in place before busy people will listen to your pitches.

    -Lyn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christian Fox
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    5. Social Media marketing

    Oh here are mine and why;

    3- One JV with a big name and you are already off to a HUGE head start in a lot of different aspects. (credibility and list building are 2 BIG ones) One blast of any decent offer on some of these guys lists would be a HUGE PAYDAY!

    2- Video is the next big thing, YouTube is still exploding and already gets more searches than Yahoo or MSN, or so I am told. Also Google bought it nuff said. Conversion rates for video are many times that of even great sales copy it's proven stuff yet still waaaay underused. Oh yeah and bandwidth will continue to get cheaper and speeds will increase tenfold. Dont have to be a psychic to know what that means.

    1- Copywriting, you HAVE to know it to succeed. Anything ADVANCED would give me an edge. Talk to me about advanced psychological tactics and how to get into peoples heads and I'll listen big time. All of this could be used with video marketing as well so it would make me better at that. I have read/studied all of David Deangelos stuff, it's all about the dating arena but wow does it work...Dating is psychological warfare, so is marketing.

    5- Twitter and the like are still growing amazingly right now but I think these are becoming rapidly saturated with spammers. I personally think it is going to become harder to market to them. Still very useful but I think the bubble will burst soon. Flashing banners and click the monkey worked great at first too. People HATE spam.

    4- Newbie Information is available everywhere already. There might be a big market for it with the rapid influx of internet newbies but since your asking me I did this a few years ago.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088693].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author crystalq
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    -Cause I know how easy it is to get traffic & money from videos.

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    -I totally suck at copy/creating buzz, this I would pay money for.

    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers.
    -Be good to know how to do if I ever needed to in the future.

    5. Social Media marketing.
    Social Media marketing is basic and you should be doing this anyway.

    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies.
    -Newbies have a million guides out there already available for them, why keep feeding them stuff they can find for free online?

    Those are mine
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Skint IM
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    5. Social Media marketing
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers

    Firstly I think you need to get the basics before you move on to the rest. Failing to get the
    fundamental building blocks of your IM business correct will result in the rest of your efforts going to waste.

    The next step is to add "the extra bite" to your basics where you advance on what you built in the beginning.

    Social Media is currently the "in thing" amongst non IM'ers (can I call them normal people) and if you can add good value to your social marketing and target the right people - this can be a gold mine. Doing it correctly is the key.

    Video marketing would be the method to use when you have built up your confidence and feel like
    your taking your business to the next level. Using video marketing before your ready and before you
    have built up your confidence can result is some terrible video to watch. (croaky voice, bad sound, bad script, bad footage etc..)

    Get your self established and then befriend the guru's - doing this too early and you risk blowing it with the guru's.

    Thats my view from a newbie perspective - Hope it helps
    Signature
    9 months of researching IM and now I have started my online adventure -The Skint Internet Marketeer Blog

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088780].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tam Chancellor
      1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
      2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
      3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
      4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
      5. Social Media marketing

      My order is:

      2--easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks.
      5--Social Media Marketing
      1--Advanced sales, persuasion tactics and copywriting
      3--How to befriend big gurus in your niche and get them to say yes to your offers
      4--Internet marketing basics for newbies

      #2 is my first choice and #5 was a close second for one reason: Traffic!
      It was a toss up between #3 and #4 for last place. I'm already doing joint ventures with people of influence in my field (offline). There is enough info on internet marketing basics for anyone online. You just have to know how to do some basic research on the WF and Google.

      Tam
      Signature

      "Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne

      "What you do speaks so loud I cannot hear what you say." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SRLee
    My order of importance would be:

    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    5. Social Media marketing
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies

    Here's what I think:

    Easy yet profitable video tricks that can draw a massive amount of traffic would be the most important for me. I am struggling to get even 5 uniques per day, so I'd like more traffic. If it's easy to make these videos, then it's even better.

    Next up is advanced sales, persuasion tactics and copywriting. If I have a huge traffic but it doesn't convert, then what good is the traffic?

    Befriending big gurus are out of my league, but I think with their help I may achieve success that much faster.

    Social media marketing is for the backlinks only, in my opinion. It's rather easy to do with SocialBot, and is there ONLY for the backlinks. So it's ranked at the 4th position.

    Last are internet marketing basics. I think I have covered most, if not all, of the basics I need to succeed.

    If I can win this thing, I can finally get a domain name, a web hosting account and an Autoresponder service!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Echnaton69
    Free Money? How can I resist? ;-)

    I think there is no "right answer" because it depends where you are right now in your IM-career. So if you would be a newbie you would rank #4 first. If you consider yourself as one-step-away-from-guruness you would choose #3 on top. So my ranking is:

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    Lets face it: it's all about sell something. You should never stop learning on that one. I would generally appreciate a more scientific approach to this. More often than not I read something like: "By accident I discovered blah blah - tested it and got insane Conversion-Rates".

    5. Social Media marketing
    If this really delivers and bring some structure and insight in the *real* possibilites with social media marketing I'm in for that.

    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    Sounds interesting for JV - but I'm not into that (for now).

    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    "Video Tricks" sounds to me like 3 - 4 "tweaks" on my videos. And they may work today but will fail tomorrow

    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    I'm just tired to read the same old "buy-my-stuff-find-a-niche-write-articles-get-rich"-stuff over and over again.
    Signature

    Nietzsche: God is dead
    God: Nietzsche is dead.
    Django: Dead people don't talk

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Karen Connell
    1. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    2. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    3. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    4. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    5. Social Media marketing

    I picked video for #1 because it's still a mystery to me and it seems to be the norm to include a video these days.
    Advanced sales etc. if you don't have great copy to persuade you won't make sales.
    IM basics for newbies - the very basic stuff is all over the place for free...but, there is a lot of stuff that is omitted from 'basic' so maybe the next step up from that would be good.

    Karen
    Signature

    Never Mistake Activity for Accomplishment

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088870].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author silotiko
      in my order of preference:

      1) #2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks - I believe that video is HUGE at the moment and will be for some time and so therefore I need to get on board and learn this craft in more detail.

      2) #5. Social Media marketing - when done right and when knowing what to do and how to do it properly this can be a powerful traffic generator, so learning more can always improve the knowledge base.

      3) #1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting - this is either the make it or break it factor for me, because if what I am offering does not appeal to the potential customer then the back button is a mere second away and first impression is everything!

      4) #4. Internet marketing basics for newbies - getting back to the basics can sometimes be exactly what we need!


      5) #3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers - this is last on my list just because it carries least interest to me personally.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1090756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rapidscc
    Hi JMo,

    5. Social Media Marketing
    1. Advanced Sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    2. easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    3. how to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers

    #5 is first because social media is the hottest thing right now.
    #1 is second because even with all the best traffic strategies in the world content is still the king. It's the content that sells
    #2 is third because if you look at youtube, some of the videos get millions of views, imagine if you have one like that.
    #4 is fourth because it seems that a lot of people actually don't know what to do. It's almost everyday that we see questions here that asks "what do I do?"
    #3 is last because I think relationships intended for JV's should only be entered into when one has already gained good grounding in IM

    That's my .02

    Raul Omar Diaz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kimothy777
    1. Easy and profitable video tricks
    2. Social media
    3. Advanced sales, persuasion and copywriting tactics
    4. How to befriend gurus
    5. IM bascis

    Reaons video tricks is first: I already use traffic geyser but don't see the results that I could be seeing, so I obviously need to learn a few more things. I'm looking for just those few things to tweak that will make a difference!

    IM basics is last because I am not a newbie. I have been studying for 24 months now, have spent $10,000 of various courses and know the basics pretty well (I seem to get hung up on the technical things - I know, don't be the soldier in the trenches)

    socail media is second because it encompases SO much. I have been busy doing many things and haven't had the time to do it justice. But it is time for me to take notice of it (I just joined Twitter. Are you proud of me?)
    Signature

    Just here to learn and contribute

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088948].message }}
  • Hey Jason,

    This is my order, with #1 being "the basics". Get those right, and you can do well with nothing else. Fail at those, and everything else will be a struggle.

    For most things, I think JV's and 'befriending gurus' is unimportant.

    And if I were to make a list, right after the 'basics', I'd put "Learning and *understanding* the basics of keyword research.

    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    5. Social Media marketing
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    4. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers

    Mark
    Signature
    = = = = COMPLETE, CUSTOM ADSENSE SITE = = = =
    VERY Limited WSO. 100% Guaranteed.

    MY Expertise, YOUR Profit.
    Read the thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1088969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Glenn Leader
    Good competition Jason.

    Here are my answers, and my reasoning;

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting:
    To me, having a good sales platform (be it, a salespage, an email, or advertising) is the most critical part of a business. As most of my traffic in the past has come from JV partners, I want to ensure that they make a lot of money from my products. If they do, they're more likely to want to do business with me again.


    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers:
    We can never get the attention of enough Gurus in our niches to grow our businesses. It's very hard sometimes to even get a reply to simple emails. Being able to cut through all the static they probably receive, and be heard clearly by these leaders is key to my ongoing success.


    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks:
    I've yet to tackle using Video and Social Media Marketing. I put video first because I guess that most people would rather watch video than read a webpage.


    5. Social Media marketing:


    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies:

    Although I can't really be classed as a newbie anymore, but I expect I might have overlooked or forgotten something very simple or basic.


    Glenn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1089254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Briffa
    Sup Jmo

    Personally would love learn how to get big JV partners on board bro. Would love to see your take on that man.

    ;-)

    Dan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1089446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MizzCindy
    Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with this thread, especially since all the information is there for each of us to exploit. Seems to me Jason did all the work, but we all get to reap the rewards...

    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    5. Social Media marketing
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies

    First choice: #1 I am woefully in need of some serious guidance in this area. I noted your comment about how this particular topic seems to convert the least, since it's the one topic that doesn't seem nearly so saturated but (at least in this survey) has a big demand. Besides, if there's something that can help me get a bigger bang from each visitor, then I don't have to work so hard at quantity. Yippee!

    Last choice: #4 Personally, that's just not where I'm at. If I was, there are many resources to choose from. It just didn't excite me as much as the other choices.

    Quick note about my second choice: Easy, wildly profitable video tricks are right up there for me. It was hard to decide which to choose first. Traffic is always a challenge. I want more more more. LOL Either one would probably be a great product choice.

    Cindy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1089560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
    Originally Posted by Brian McElroy View Post

    Hey man,

    If we were having a beer in San Diego, I'd want to talk
    about advanced sales and copywriting (the kind of stuff
    that likely will never make it into an info product )

    If you're looking for the biggest long-term opportunity
    in IM, I'd be the crazy video guy... you have the
    credibility, and the market is HUGE (and only getting
    bigger).

    Cheers,
    Brian
    Sorry buddy, but you are on the wrong side of the America's. Wait a minute.... did I entirely miss you in Vegas a couple weeks ago? Weren't you there?
    Signature
    FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1090541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MavisAA
    For me it would have to be:

    3. How to befriend big gurus in your niche & get them to say yes to your offers
    2. Easy, yet wildly profitable video tricks
    5. Social Media marketing
    1. Advanced sales, persuasion tactics, and copywriting
    4. Internet marketing basics for newbies

    This is because I currently have some new big ticket IM products and I'm looking for potential JV partners!

    Video next because it looks like the next big thing.

    Social media because it is the buzz right now!

    Interested in copywriting but I already have a top course on that hence its ranking.

    I've also got the basics!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1090862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam Justice
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1092109].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
      Thanks to all the participants. The feedback is really helpful.

      I've randomly picked a winner at that winner is...

      ...

      ...

      Jay Truman.

      Please send me a private message with your Paypal address and I'll hook you up!

      Thanks again everyone.
      Signature
      FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1094056].message }}

Trending Topics