Creating an ebook and then a video course using the ebook?

6 replies
Guys I have a suggestion..I need your opinions.. If I create my own pdf with my own words and then I can use that as my structure and I can use those same words to create my videos and make a video course right? Please I need your opinions about this..Just thought about it..

I think it is possible to do.. Because if I write my own pdf then that pdf is owned by me. So I have the right to use those words and then make a video right? Please advise.. Thank you everyone!
#creating #ebook #video #video course
  • Profile picture of the author superowid
    If you write it your own, of course you can do anything with it. It's your creation. You have a right for that.
    Signature

    Hard time to keep promoting business? Don't worry!
    JUST USE MY GRAPHIC & VIDEO SERVICES
    . . . . . Let me help cutting your ad production cost! . . . . .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10463282].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane Williams
      Sure you can, there are plenty of IM courses that have a stand-alone ebook but also have over the shoulder video tutorials that go into greater detail.

      Some people prefer ebooks and the ability to print-off and highlight certain sections and others like the convenience of sitting back and watching video. If you hold the copyright you can do as you will, you could provide text, video and audio if you like, bundle them together and mark up the price or offer customers the ability to choose the format they like most.
      Signature

      Free Report: Triple Cash Explosion

      How The 'Gurus' Make Big Money Online... And How You Can Too
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10463292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnlagoudakis
    Hi Tacassim,

    Yes, you definitely can.

    In fact, this is something I highly recommend to all my clients... I call it 'repurposing content'.

    Take something you've written and turn it into video for Youtube or to sell as a video ecourse.

    Also, take that same content and sell it as an ebook (or use it for lead generation) on Kindle and Amazon.com.

    Also break it up into articles to post on your blog for SEO traffic.

    Turn it also into an audiobook and/or podcast session/s.

    I use this same strategy to make a lot of content from just one hour's 'content creation' each week.
    Signature
    Need help getting more leads and sales? *** Click here to work with me ***
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10463299].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tacassim
      Originally Posted by johnlagoudakis View Post

      Hi Tacassim,

      Yes, you definitely can.

      In fact, this is something I highly recommend to all my clients... I call it 'repurposing content'.

      Take something you've written and turn it into video for Youtube or to sell as a video ecourse.

      Also, take that same content and sell it as an ebook (or use it for lead generation) on Kindle and Amazon.com.

      Also break it up into articles to post on your blog for SEO traffic.

      Turn it also into an audiobook and/or podcast session/s.

      I use this same strategy to make a lot of content from just one hour's 'content creation' each week.
      Thanks John! It really made me motivated to do this task I am hoping to do!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10463336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    Originally Posted by tacassim View Post

    Guys I have a suggestion..I need your opinions.. If I create my own pdf with my own words and then I can use that as my structure and I can use those same words to create my videos and make a video course right? Please I need your opinions about this..Just thought about it..

    I think it is possible to do.. Because if I write my own pdf then that pdf is owned by me. So I have the right to use those words and then make a video right? Please advise.. Thank you everyone!
    Really?

    ...the opposite is the better way to go.

    Make the video and then transcribe using someone like REV to turn it into text...then produce the PDF or MOBI etc.

    Much easier that way.

    You still own the copyright either way but the effort is reduced.

    Best regards,

    Ozi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10463387].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Durell217
      Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

      Really?

      ...the opposite is the better way to go.

      Make the video and then transcribe using someone like REV to turn it into text...then produce the PDF or MOBI etc.

      Much easier that way.

      You still own the copyright either way but the effort is reduced.

      Best regards,

      Ozi
      This is an excellent idea to speed things up. Using something like Dragon Naturally Speaking has definitely helped me transcribe anything I say to text. This makes the process of making an ebook way easier.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10463485].message }}

Trending Topics