Notifications Take Forever To Load

15 replies
Notifications take wayyyyyyy too long to load on this site. I know we can mark all as read, but can we clear all so it doesn't take a stupid amount of time to load?
#forever #load #notifications
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Which notifications? Clear all WHAT?

    If you mean this site we're on right now - loads fast for me so perhaps it's your service rather than the site?
    Signature
    Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465126].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Which notifications? Clear all WHAT?

      If you mean this site we're on right now - loads fast for me so perhaps it's your service rather than the site?
      Yea, when I click the bell and try to scroll down it starts loading for a grip, like this gray circle keeps popping up and everything blinks for like 10 or 20 seconds, and then I can scroll down and it's annoying.

      Maybe it is just my connection.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465369].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        Gotcha - if I click "the bell" same thing. But - I don't click the bell when I use the forum.

        If I want to see threads I've posted in I go through my forum name or profile - the bell is a new feature and I haven't had a use for it.
        Signature
        Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

        Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465443].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
          Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

          Gotcha - if I click "the bell" same thing. But - I don't click the bell when I use the forum.

          If I want to see threads I've posted in I go through my forum name or profile - the bell is a new feature and I haven't had a use for it.
          Oh, I like the bell i think it's great, I just don't like how long it takes to load. It annoys me.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GlobalTrader
    I notified the mods twice about this and the number keeps growing. If I click on them or click "mark all as read" it should delete them but it does not. Since going to the new forum header format and adding the notifications 'bell' option, I am now have notifications that are 5 weeks old.

    Additionally, I 'used' to see a number showing above the little envelope for new PM's that have come in for me, that no longer seems to be working. Anyone else noticed that one as well?
    Signature

    GlobalTrader

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wayne
    I think when we reply on a topic it must automatically subscribe us to that topic. I've unsubscribed to topics and after posting another reply noticed in my control panel that I was subscribed to that topic again and was getting notifications again. We should have to manually subscribe to the topic ourselves and not be automatically subscribed. Makes the notification list grow to a crazy size.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465455].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wayne
    Yep, I am correct. Just replying to this topic automatically subscribed me to it, so now I will get notifications on every reply made on this topic. Warrior Forum needs to get this fixed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465458].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
      Originally Posted by Wayne View Post

      Yep, I am correct. Just replying to this topic automatically subscribed me to it, so now I will get notifications on every reply made on this topic. Warrior Forum needs to get this fixed.
      I actually like being automatically subscribed and being able to click the bell and see what's up, but I would like it if once I'm done checking out what I want to check out it all just disappeared because even though 10 or 20 seconds isn't going to kill me, it's about to be 2016. 10-20 seconds is just too annoying, back in the 90's it'd be okay, but in this day and age, I'm too impatient.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465472].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wayne
    I think I may have found the way to stop this. Go into your control panel, Settings & Options and then Edit Options. Under the Messaging & Notification section, choose Do Not Subscribe for the Default Thread Subscription Mode. The Warrior Forum must have at some time changed this to automatically subscribe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465469].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GlobalTrader
      Originally Posted by Wayne View Post

      I think I may have found the way to stop this. Go into your control panel, Settings & Options and then Edit Options. Under the Messaging & Notification section, choose Do Not Subscribe for the Default Thread Subscription Mode. The Warrior Forum must have at some time changed this to automatically subscribe.
      Wayne - Thank You so much for finding and posting a solution to this!! I do not post that often but just since posting on this thread I now have 7 new notifications. I also found some other options in my CP that needed changing, one of which should resolve my issue with knowing when I have a PM waiting.

      Thanks again!!
      Signature

      GlobalTrader

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465489].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Wayne
        Originally Posted by GlobalTrader View Post

        Wayne - Thank You so much for finding and posting a solution to this!! I do not post that often but just since posting on this thread I now have 7 new notifications. I also found some other options in my CP that needed changing, one of which should resolve my issue with knowing when I have a PM waiting.

        Thanks again!!
        I'm glad I found it too. Looking for this, I was able to find in the control panel where I could ignore certain users also, I 've been wanting to do this for a while on other topics I've been reading but never knew how until now. Now I don't need to keep reading useless posts over and over by certain users on this forum.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465639].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465479].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GlobalTrader
      Originally Posted by YourBizAid View Post

      Maybe the problem is from your Internet Speed. Mine works just fine.
      I do not think that speed has anything to do with what the OP and others like myself have had issues with. The problem is the notification list keeps growing. Mine is up to 5 weeks. All have been read or marked as read, yet they continue to be listed. Why are they not deleted? Or, why is there no option to delete, once read or marked as read??

      The bell option is great but the continued growth of this folder is not!
      Signature

      GlobalTrader

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wayne
    You can choose to subscribe to topics yourself by clicking on the Thread Tools link at the top of the page, then you can subscribe to just the topics you really want to. I only like to subscribe to certain topics that I reply to and not all of
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Curtis2011
    Mine loads instantly. It may be a problem with your internet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465663].message }}

Trending Topics