13 replies
Hello fellow marketers!

One simple question, but I guess it will have several different answers.

For you that already make money online and have experience in marketing.
- What's The ONE Thing you wish you should have learned from the very beginning to have the best start possible?

For you in the beginning of your journey to be an online marketer:
- What's The ONE Thing you struggle with?
#the one thing #thing
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    To learn from someone to not open threads like these


    Seriously, another one of these ??

    There are just tons of these Threads with the EXACT Questions or very similar.
    Just recently,actually.

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ld-you-do.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10475890].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rjd1265
      Pay to have things done for you that you are not good at.

      I pissed away well over $20,000 trying to learn adwords, build my own sites and other stuff....I should have just hired the people smarter than me from the get-go
      Signature
      You Are A Snowflake
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10475901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PassiveIncomes
    Originally Posted by Stefan S View Post

    Hello fellow marketers!

    One simple question, but I guess it will have several different answers.

    For you that already make money online and have experience in marketing.
    - What's The ONE Thing you wish you should have learned from the very beginning to have the best start possible?

    For you in the beginning of your journey to be an online marketer:
    - What's The ONE Thing you struggle with?
    1. Your mindset, consistent and focus.

    2. Procrastination
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10475909].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Optimise time, outsource work & invest in a business
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10475910].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Stefan,

      I learned a long time ago that anything having to do with "One size fits all" has no place in Internet marketing.

      Every marketer is different and comes to this game with a unique set of skills, abilities, personality, life experiences, mindset, resources available to do business, goals, desires, time available to do business, etc.

      Every niche and market is different with its own set of challenges, opportunities, nuances, pitfalls, prospects, and on and on.

      Every business is different and unique and will have its own advantages and disadvantages.

      The reason I bring this "everyone and every business is different" thinking to your post is this: the one thing you wish you would have learned from the very beginning question depends entirely on what your own thinking and experience tells you and that is going to be unique and different for every IMer. Hence, there is going to be different responses for everyone and it won't help you because your own situation is unique as well.

      The same thing applies to the question "What's The ONE Thing you wish you should have learned from the very beginning to have the best start possible?" We all start at a different place and what would be helpful for one has no bearing on what will be helpful for you.

      Long story short, other people's IM experience is unique to them. Your own experience and mindset should not be colored or influenced by their challenges and frustrations because yours will not be the same.

      The best to you,

      Steve
      Signature

      Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10475956].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Stefan S
        Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

        Stefan,

        I learned a long time ago that anything having to do with "One size fits all" has no place in Internet marketing.

        Every marketer is different and comes to this game with a unique set of skills, abilities, personality, life experiences, mindset, resources available to do business, goals, desires, time available to do business, etc.

        Every niche and market is different with its own set of challenges, opportunities, nuances, pitfalls, prospects, and on and on.

        Every business is different and unique and will have its own advantages and disadvantages.
        I absolute agree on that Steve. Each and everyone of us are different. However, even though we are different, a lot of things are similar (even if they are more or less in disguise) And I think that some things are more or less basics. Like finding the right audience reg. your niche, traffic, conversions, list buildings and so on...

        Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

        The reason I bring this "everyone and every business is different" thinking to your post is this: the one thing you wish you would have learned from the very beginning question depends entirely on what your own thinking and experience tells you and that is going to be unique and different for every IMer. Hence, there is going to be different responses for everyone and it won't help you because your own situation is unique as well.

        The same thing applies to the question "What's The ONE Thing you wish you should have learned from the very beginning to have the best start possible?" We all start at a different place and what would be helpful for one has no bearing on what will be helpful for you.

        Long story short, other people's IM experience is unique to them. Your own experience and mindset should not be colored or influenced by their challenges and frustrations because yours will not be the same.

        The best to you,

        Steve
        As mentioned above, you have a good point, but I also think some do have their own "One Thing" they would like to have given some extra focus.
        Thanks for your comments.
        Appreciate that :-)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476111].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steve B
          Originally Posted by Stefan S View Post

          . . . but I also think some do have their own "One Thing" they would like to have given some extra focus.

          Yes, what you say is undoubtedly true . . . however . . .

          Giving their "One Thing" extra focus in your own case could be counterproductive if you have already mastered it!

          My caution is to understand your own attributes, skills, and abilities and don't let others' "one thing" wrongly become your focus.

          I hope that makes sense.

          Steve
          Signature

          Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
          SteveBrowneDirect

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EPoltrack77
    goals and plans and the mindset! If I could go back. Most people will say traffic and well yea without traffic your going no where but it's developing the patience to stick with just one thing and learn.
    Signature
    Targeted Viewers! All your traffic needs in one spot. Get seen today!
    Click Here Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10475970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marc Rodill
    If I could go back in time, I would take the $2,000 I saved up that one time, and instead of quitting my job, living off it while setting up a marketing funnel, and burning through the cash before coming anywhere near seeing a profit...

    I would have kept the paying gig, set up my marketing funnel in my off time, and invested that $2,000 heavily into advertising, made the funnel pay, and then quit the gig with an income stream.

    Basically I'd do it in reverse.

    Starting with free traffic is stupid.

    Short version: Stop pinching pennies and invest in paid advertising well before you need the cash.

    "Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise."

    I was a dumb ass but I learned my lesson.
    Signature
    Long Lost Warriors! The Secret Sales System! Act Now! Buy Now! Right Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chyan007
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Stefan S View Post

    Hello fellow marketers!

    One simple question, but I guess it will have several different answers.

    For you that already make money online and have experience in marketing.
    - What's The ONE Thing you wish you should have learned from the very beginning to have the best start possible?

    For you in the beginning of your journey to be an online marketer:
    - What's The ONE Thing you struggle with?
    I wish i had found my mentors who are now my best friends ,But better late than never

    Take massive action with passion

    Feeling blessed
    Chyanit
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Originally Posted by Stefan S View Post

    - What's The ONE Thing you wish you should have learned from the very beginning to have the best start possible?
    Here You Go......

    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Omarkenawy
    The one thing that I struggled in my start is not building an email list. I were building micro niches website and working on how to get them indexed better in search engines and I did not care about email marketing at all. No I have started in email marketing but after I learned the lesson very well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by Stefan S View Post

    For you that already make money online and have experience in marketing.

    - What's The ONE Thing you wish you should have learned from the very beginning to have the best start possible?
    Don't quit, and restart, then quit, then restart, then try again, then quit again, then start again, and etc. Something as simple as quitting hindered my success when I first got started.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476304].message }}

Trending Topics