Finding forums to post on

18 replies
Is it just me or is it impossible to find health and weight loss forums that allow signatures with a link?


Anyone have any to share?


I have searched all through google and am empty handed......
#finding #forums #post
  • Profile picture of the author dana67
    Maybe try searching for general topic type forums that have health and weight loss sections?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10478275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shellerik
    Why are you looking for forums that allow signatures with a link?

    I believe there are three good reasons to join forums in your niche.

    1) To learn about the common problems and questions in the niche
    2) To learn about the best solutions and answers that already exist in the niche
    3) To contribute by providing solutions and answers

    Ideally #3 can occasionally include a link to your site when it is the best solution or answer available for a particular problem or question. That link will give you targeted traffic. A signature link is not targeted so it has relatively little value.

    Then again I don't know why you're asking so maybe this comment is off target.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10478283].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeffreydale
    They are out there, just hard to find. Why not become a member, grow a reputation and post valuable information, and just link to your site when it's appropriate and not spammy?
    Signature

    Full-time entrepreneur | YouTuber | Ecom Coach | Social Media Expert
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6...is36wfg/videos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10478294].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author arrival7
      Hey, sounds like a good idea for 2016 ! Why don't you start a weight loss forum where you allow sig links?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10478416].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
        OP, if you search for the type of forum you are looking for with 'signature' in the search string you're likely to get signature rules of forums within that niche. Ones with no sigs won't have sig rules, so we t be part of the search results.


        Daniel
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sparrow
    Could be social sites like facebook, instagram, pinterest are dominating this niche and the masses have gone there instead
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10479109].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    The way I find a forum is go to google and type "niche powered by vbulletin" then I check to see that the forum is active ans current. I read the posts and make sure that there is a lot of recent activity. Lastly I see if they accept signatures. Even if they do not I still might join as you can get some good information on your particular niche.

    As for sharing some of the forums I have found. No, you will have to find your own

    al
    Signature

    A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10479125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Originally Posted by wAvision View Post

    Is it just me or is it impossible to find health and weight loss forums that allow signatures with a link?


    Anyone have any to share?


    I have searched all through google and am empty handed......
    So here's a solution.

    Take some money each week and invest it in PAID ads. I would go with pay per click.

    Most new marketers rely on free advertising and that is the main reason why they fail.

    My mentor taught me something important when it comes to succeeding with internet marketing (affiliate marketing). It takes money to make money. This is very true.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10479179].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wAvision
      Originally Posted by dana67 View Post

      Maybe try searching for general topic type forums that have health and weight loss sections?
      Ya, I've tried that some. No luck so far...

      Originally Posted by shellerik View Post

      Why are you looking for forums that allow signatures with a link?

      I believe there are three good reasons to join forums in your niche.

      1) To learn about the common problems and questions in the niche
      2) To learn about the best solutions and answers that already exist in the niche
      3) To contribute by providing solutions and answers

      Ideally #3 can occasionally include a link to your site when it is the best solution or answer available for a particular problem or question. That link will give you targeted traffic. A signature link is not targeted so it has relatively little value.

      Then again I don't know why you're asking so maybe this comment is off target.
      Yes, the plan is to obviously provide answers and valuable information, while having a signature that links to my site.

      If the call in your signature is specific, is clear in who should click on it, and is acquiring those clicks, then how is that not targeted?


      Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

      Could be social sites like facebook, instagram, pinterest are dominating this niche and the masses have gone there instead
      I have instagram going, just started twitter, and am looking into facebook.

      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      So here's a solution.

      Take some money each week and invest it in PAID ads. I would go with pay per click.

      Most new marketers rely on free advertising and that is the main reason why they fail.

      My mentor taught me something important when it comes to succeeding with internet marketing (affiliate marketing). It takes money to make money. This is very true.
      I'm well aware it takes money to make money, this is just one traffic stream I am considering.

      I have just started some bing ads, my first time, so kinda winging it.

      I am also looking into facebook ads.

      I usually just do seo, and have had good success, but this is a squeeze page that I want to get traffic to ....
      Signature
      They Say You Can't...Show Them How
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10479306].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Hmmm...

        "Weight Loss" is one of the most popular markets affiliate marketers enter, especially when starting.

        Weight loss forums seem like the ideal place to drop a link and a signature, linking to any number of weight loss products of widely varying quality.

        So spammers, I mean "affiliates" by the hundreds and even thousands descend on popular, active forums posting as much as they can to get those links.

        After a few years of this, new would-be forum marketers are having a hard time finding popular, active forums that allow signatures.

        I wonder if there could be a connection?

        (OP, I'm not saying you are or would be a forum spammer. I'm just saying that too many of your predecessors peed in the pool before you got there.)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10479455].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WarriorWasim
    You have to follow forum rules to post links, signature link or anything to promote you own materials and it may vary forum to forum. Thanks :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10479201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yosheena
    Weight loss forums are hard to find. And hard to get a signature unless you are a regular contributor. I would recommend to get reputation on these forums and then add an anchored link whenever you contribute to a post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10479476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author time4vps
    Often these kind of forums are open for premium users, so until you are a regular user who only searching for these kind of forums, I believe you will end empty handed. However, the idea of building this kind of forum is amazing, you should build one! good luck!
    Signature
    Time4vps.eu
    VPS Hosting in Europe
    Fast, Affordable and Reliable
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10483951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Sometimes you will find forums like that. Forum marketing works, but if there is a forum where you can't promote your product/service in your signature.... then it's not worth posting on (my personal opinion).Doing a simple Google search will give you a ton of forums that you can post on - but like i said, if you can't promote it there, bounce, or just replace forum marketing with a different marketing technique.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author snipp
    Hello. I think that forum i a great way to get traffic.Tips for good forum.
    Signature

    Take back your life. Our program shows you how!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10489701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin012
    You can get a lot of traffic from the bodybuilding.com forum. I am in the bodybuilding/fitness niche and since I started posting on bodybuilding.com and posting links every now and then, I've been getting quite a lot of traffic. Definitely worth spending 10-20 minutes a day doing.

    I know they do not allow forum link signatures but you can type your website url in signature box (except it won't be hyperlinked). That's okay though, if they like your posts, they will still visit your website.

    If you are an expert in your weight loss/fitness niche, try to help people and give you advice, then when the time is right you can drop a link to your website. Just make sure your link is related to the topic and you can get a lot of traffic this way.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10490751].message }}
  • I have an idea! If you are targeting weight loss just do RON in some fat countries like half the people are fat your numbers might work! I was fat for years and this is how I lost weight so I know it works!
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10490795].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by HelpingYouBeAnExpert View Post

      I have an idea! If you are targeting weight loss just do RON in some fat countries like half the people are fat your numbers might work! I was fat for years and this is how I lost weight so I know it works!
      I'm missing something here.

      How did running run-of-network ads in countries with a large percentage of fat people help you lose weight? Spent your food budget on ads and couldn't buy food?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10490816].message }}

Trending Topics