How does Teespring works?

17 replies
I've seen it in many places but none of them explains how it really works. Do I need to purchase the T-shirts before selling them or need to store in my house and post them?

What is typically the commission rate? Thanks!
#teespring #works
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    Tee spring is easy to use.

    Basically, you upload an image. Then you set a price. A count down timer is given to you. In the allotted time you have to sell a certain number of T-shirts, approx 50, but I can get away with selling [20] minimum. However, due to the small quantity, these T-shirts are more expensive. Sadly, we cannot sell small quantities such as six or seven.

    If you high the target, let us say 20, Tee spring prints the T-shirts and sends them to your consumers. Also, they will pay you. Frankly, the amount of profit you get depends on what you set as your price.

    Remember that you have only a limited time in which to sell your T-shirts and hit your target number, or they will not print any. This is an easy process. It does not cost you any money. Also, there are many other companies. For example, there is tee chip and cafe press. These work in the same way. Best thing is that there is no cash outlay on your part, but you might want to advertise your T-shirt designs on your web pages.

    Here is a brief synopsis:
    • Upload image
    • Set a price
    • Promote
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10509389].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sajidali27
      Originally Posted by seobro View Post

      Tee spring is easy to use.

      Basically, you upload an image. Then you set a price. A count down timer is given to you. In the allotted time you have to sell a certain number of T-shirts, approx 50, but I can get away with selling [20] minimum. However, due to the small quantity, these T-shirts are more expensive. Sadly, we cannot sell small quantities such as six or seven.

      If you high the target, let us say 20, Tee spring prints the T-shirts and sends them to your consumers. Also, they will pay you. Frankly, the amount of profit you get depends on what you set as your price.


      Remember that you have only a limited time in which to sell your T-shirts and hit your target number, or they will not print any. This is an easy process. It does not cost you any money. Also, there are many other companies. For example, there is tee chip and cafe press. These work in the same way. Best thing is that there is no cash outlay on your part, but you might want to advertise your T-shirt designs on your web pages.

      Here is a brief synopsis:
      • Upload image
      • Set a price
      • Promote
      Yes its easy to use teespring, you can easily design and upload images and set campaign but its difficult to promote it. You have to promote it with FB ads there is no other way to promote it or we can say no other successful ways.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10520003].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
        Originally Posted by sajidali27 View Post

        Yes its easy to use teespring, you can easily design and upload images and set campaign but its difficult to promote it. You have to promote it with FB ads there is no other way to promote it or we can say no other successful ways.
        Not nice to hijack a thread for your own purpose , maybe start your own if there are no answers

        Also do not spam threads with the same questions ! cant find an answer start your own
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10520053].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cashtech29
        Originally Posted by sajidali27 View Post

        Yes its easy to use teespring, you can easily design and upload images and set campaign but its difficult to promote it. You have to promote it with FB ads there is no other way to promote it or we can say no other successful ways.
        sajidali27 : Thank you for the Facebook promotion information.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10565148].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JonaAWarr
      Originally Posted by seobro View Post

      Tee spring is easy to use.


      In the allotted time you have to sell a certain number of T-shirts, approx 50, but I can get away with selling [20] minimum. However, due to the small quantity, these T-shirts are more expensive. Sadly, we cannot sell small quantities such as six or seven.
      Not completely correct. When selling in the US, the shirts will get printed even if you only sell 1. On Teespring Europe, you have to sell at least 5 to get them printed and get the profits.

      I usually price the shirts like this: Around 22$ for a t-shirt, and 35-40$ for a hoodie. Depending on how many colors you use in your design, the profits are around 7-10$ per t-shirt and 12-17 on hoodies (if you sell +20 shirts). When you sell more, the profit per shirt increases. Hope I could help!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10521101].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author huyha
      Originally Posted by seobro View Post

      Tee spring is easy to use.

      Basically, you upload an image. Then you set a price. A count down timer is given to you. In the allotted time you have to sell a certain number of T-shirts, approx 50, but I can get away with selling [20] minimum. However, due to the small quantity, these T-shirts are more expensive. Sadly, we cannot sell small quantities such as six or seven.

      If you high the target, let us say 20, Tee spring prints the T-shirts and sends them to your consumers. Also, they will pay you. Frankly, the amount of profit you get depends on what you set as your price.

      Remember that you have only a limited time in which to sell your T-shirts and hit your target number, or they will not print any. This is an easy process. It does not cost you any money. Also, there are many other companies. For example, there is tee chip and cafe press. These work in the same way. Best thing is that there is no cash outlay on your part, but you might want to advertise your T-shirt designs on your web pages.

      Here is a brief synopsis:
      • Upload image
      • Set a price
      • Promote
      yes it is easy to use teespring, do you hire a T-shirt designer, i didn't know anything about Photoshop, and Facebok ads
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10572969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    seobro summed it up well..

    You can also read this page and watch the video if you need more info.. Teespring | Launch Your First Campaign
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10509494].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10521859].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bigfleet
      You may get away with it but there is sure to be some copyright issues with it.

      Do you already have a audience to promote to? It will be much easier to promote to an audience than selling using FB ads out of the blue.

      If you don't have an audience you can find a niche fan page and then use an ID scraper to get the FB IDs of these people from the niche and then send the niche related advert to them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10521936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Engineer2Blogger
    Some great answers here,

    There's a tonne of Teespring tutorial videos here and they go through everything from FB advertising to design.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10522675].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vicky2903
    i'm also lern about Teespring! so go here to read comment. Hope don't mind
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10539079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author globalexperts
    Originally Posted by Francisco PIW View Post

    I've seen it in many places but none of them explains how it really works. Do I need to purchase the T-shirts before selling them or need to store in my house and post them?

    What is typically the commission rate? Thanks!
    Just go to teespring.com and visit their FAQ section to understand how it works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10543437].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Francisco PIW View Post

    I've seen it in many places but none of them explains how it really works. Do I need to purchase the T-shirts before selling them or need to store in my house and post them?

    What is typically the commission rate? Thanks!
    Teespring handles that. You will be basically dropshipping. I've made a few grand on TS. It's a great platform and their support is top notch.

    But I would first go on YouTube and watch a few free videos. Then, if you're serious about it, check out the APB Forum here. They have entire sections for Teespring with case studies, campaigns and success stories.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10543482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashtech29
    This is great info.
    I'm wanting to start with teespring but thought it was dead,,, evidently not..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10547480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author huyha
    the commission rate is about 50% i think. you find idea or spy them on the internet, and hire a designer T-shirt or you can do it by youself if you know Photoshop. I post your design on teespring.com. then attract your audience, make them see your design. and make some sales. It's too complicated.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10564370].message }}

Trending Topics