Why do most people fail to make money online?

84 replies
I think the biggest reason is mainly the lack of focus.

There's plenty of different opportunities and there's no chance to make any serious money with a lack of focus on one project.

After making a single money making opportunity generate a decent amount of money every month then I think that's when it's good to explore other opportunities.
#fail #make #money #online #people
  • Profile picture of the author MikeVietri
    Well I think there is 3 main reasons

    1. Is that people are just missing pieces that they are not even aware of.

    this comes form lack of education and experience.

    the most important things to consider are the following.

    - How can I solve a problem that a market place is having

    do your research

    - Then How can I show that marketplace that I have the solution.

    where is my target audience hanging out online?
    are they on forums?
    Facebook?
    popular niche site?

    once you know that then you know where to get people to visit your site.

    - How will I present this solution to them?

    email list,
    blogging
    reviews
    so on..

    - How will I test what I am doing?

    Testing is extremely important, because with out testing what you are doing you are flying blind!

    You must know where every single opt-in, sale, and so on came form.

    2. They are trying to reinvent the wheel and therefore getting distracted.

    They are trying to build something new that looks good and fancy, and are jumping around form product to product to help them to do that..

    It is so improtant to leverage off of what is already proven to work!

    Just find someone who is already successful who is doing what you want to do and mimic what they are doing

    just add your own spin to it.

    This will speed things up and get you rolling in the right direction

    3. They do not have a solid strategy in place.

    Once you have your foundation down it is important to follow a particular strategy

    Stick with it! and ultimately master it.



    Hope that was useful

    Mike Vietri
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10523909].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ank27
      Thanks! very nice information!
      Signature
      Online Profits Way An Innovative System Helps You To Build Your Financial Future Life.
      Regards, Alexander
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531693].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nico Puegher
        Why do most people fail to make money online?

        I think it's simple, they give up too quickly. Some people have lucky and maybe they find success pretty fast or maybe they know exactly what they're doing.

        A lot of people compare with them, doing that can demotivate you a lot and when you start feeling that negativity it will grow until a point where you will quit.

        We need to find a real focus, make a real plan and take real action with passion and constancy, results will come no matter what, the key rule for success is never give up. When I say never, I mean

        NEVER GIVE UP

        If you can apply this very simple tip, you will make money online. Keep learning everything you can, take daily action, go out from your comfort zone, try things out, track your progress to see what works and what doesn't work, keep improving and expanding your empire.

        There is a famous image about 2 miners where 1 is giving up few seconds before finding millions of diamonds, I love that image and it's 100% true, a lot of people give up too easily and few of them near success, keep it real and be awesome, honest and passion about what you're doing.

        If you don't feel it that way, maybe you should change your niche, should be something you truly love or you're very interested to learn because your entire world will be around that topic.

        Another great sentence I love to share with you guys:

        Failure is just one way it doesn't work

        You don't found a failure, you found a simple way that doesn't work. If I'm not crazy I think Albert Einstein was the author of this famous quote, think about it.

        My last thing is always keep a positive attitude, it we're negative, that will be reflected on us, in our work, content, or anything we are doing. Anyone can achieve their dreams if they work hard for it, there is no point to give up, that's bullshit.

        Even if you tried for so many years, keep going. Maybe you should change your strategy is not like you can't do it, it's because you're not doing it properly.

        Well, at least that's the way I see it and why I think people fail to succeed online.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lucian Lada
    Originally Posted by shawnnguyen View Post

    I think the biggest reason is mainly the lack of focus.
    I disagree. Focus is not what people lack, but knowledge. Just look at how many people keep thinking publishing articles to article directories to obtain traffic is a good idea. Or people still selling affiliate products using the "Is Product X a Scam?" tactic. Ugh.

    So my opinion is that people need to first learn what works and then focus on it. But that requires a lot of critical thinking and time spent investigating. It's much easier to fall for the sugar-coated WSOs that promises you wealth overnight, with little or no work at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10523921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jan Brzeski
    In my opinion, which, in my opinion is right, it's a completely wrong approach/mindset.

    People go and check out what this whole 'making money online' thing really is, they give it a shot and since it doesn't give them the instant millions that they were promised, they quit.

    Because they didn't really want to succeed, they just felt like 'giving it a shot'.

    People who are really serious about making their online business a reality, know that failure is part of the process - a means to an end - to an end in itself.

    Almost everyone thinks that this is the road to success:

    TRY -> FAIL or SUCCEED

    While in reality, it is like this:

    TRY -> FAIL -> FAIL -> FAIL -> FAIL -> ............. -> SUCCEED

    Also, many people hop online with $5 in their pocket and think they've got all it takes to start a super-successful online business.

    They do - but not one that starts making them thousands per day in a matter of hours (which is usually what they expect).

    Just my 2 euro cents.

    Cheers
    Jan Brzeski
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author B6x
    Interesting opinion Jan!

    I think people like the idea of starting a business online but they lack the determination. The quit too early before they could make any tangible progress.

    I believe creating business awareness online seems very challenging. Although there are hundreds of free tools that help such as the social media, they are very crowded to stand out and show what you are offering especially for those startups running by a single person. So building a team with experience to start an online business is essential.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524205].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author robsterhews
      If you don't have a plan, it is difficult to accomplish any business goal.

      Imagine going into a bank and asking them for a loan to start your business (online or offline.)

      One of the first things you must provide is a solid business plan - a road-map of how you expect your business to succeed.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524232].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
        That's a interesting question. But a better, more productive and more accurate question would be ... What do they do right who succeed, despite?

        While all the examples given so far makes sense and are accurate for the most part.

        I can name examples of people who've succeeded despite all the above reasons mentioned so far. Why? Because they kept doing a few things right and overcame the forementioned examples and reasons given.
        Signature
        Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
        "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
        "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524291].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SiteNameSales
          If my experience is any guide it's because a lot of people jump in head first without some coaching or mentoring. I'd advise finding a successful 'guru' and follow his or her instructions as best you can.

          While there's no absolute guarantee, there are certainly some top-notch digital marketing courses out there and, while yes, they do have a higher price tag you'll have some guidelines and a pathway to success. And that, more than anything I know, can separate the men from the boys.

          And most, importantly you might break out of the affiliate category and learn how to develop your own products and develop your own business. That, in itself, makes it worth every penny, IMHO.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524379].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author whatsaffiliate
            Most people fail because of many reasons and the top ones that I have seen are..
            • They think overnight success exist
            • Not enough guidance
            • No true passion
            • Think it is a scam
            • Overwhelmed with all the misinformation out there
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlyexist
    I think because they does not love what they do, if they do! they will succeed!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by shawnnguyen View Post

    I think the biggest reason is mainly the lack of focus.

    There's plenty of different opportunities and there's no chance to make any serious money with a lack of focus on one project.

    After making a single money making opportunity generate a decent amount of money every month then I think that's when it's good to explore other opportunities.
    In my opinion.. there are 2 reasons..

    1. Fail to take action (or enough action)
    2. Giving up too early
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524567].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      In my opinion.. there are 2 reasons..

      1. Fail to take action (or enough action)
      2, Action with a necessary and well thought out Plan
      3. Giving up too early

      I agree with you, Chris, just added one that I think belongs as well
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524636].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jjhf
        I think it's a lack of realistic expectations.

        The first thing anyone sees when they google how to make money online is a million and one ways to make a gazillion dollars in your underwear spending only 20 minutes a day.

        Then when they realize it's a grind and there is a huge learning curve and like everything else it takes good old fashion work they give up and go back to their comfort zone of just dreaming big.

        Sometimes the being blinded by the dream is what people really want.

        Why Most People Will FAIL At Affiliate Marketing: Setting Realistic Expectations | Realistic Online Income pretty much sums up my views on the matter.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524662].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lokki08
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      In my opinion.. there are 2 reasons..

      1. Fail to take action (or enough action)
      2. Giving up too early
      I totally agree with you Chris. I was also about to bring those two things up. I think biggest problem for newbies would be giving up too early. Sometimes if you just stay enough long trying the big surprise will come. That's when the happy tears of success comes in

      And if I may add this point:

      3. Not joining War Room. You don't know how precious information and advice there is. Seriously!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10554641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kerunai
    because they are damn lazy man

    thats why ..

    hahaha

    just kidding ..

    man .. people i know who is making chunks of money

    majority sells products or doing affiliate outside IM niches

    they just 'apply the knowlege'

    and people buy using internet

    most newbies failed miserably focusing the wrong niche
    Signature

    How to Easily Get 300+ Email Subscribers in the Next 6 Hours
    Why list building no longer works like it used to… and what to do about it

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524660].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Robert Puddy
      Originally Posted by kerunai View Post

      because they are damn lazy man

      thats why ..

      hahaha

      just kidding ..

      man .. people i know who is making chunks of money

      majority sells products or doing affiliate outside IM niches

      they just 'apply the knowlege'

      and people buy using internet

      most newbies failed miserably focusing the wrong niche
      NO NO Lazy is a good thing...It makes me find ways to automate my business

      I'm the laziest bas&&&d around just ask my wife.

      Building a successful business is about your thought process, and most people think like a consumer (buyer) or an employee...rather than as a provider (seller)

      The two mind sets are diametrically opposed, before anyone shouts you need to sell what your customer wants, yes you do. but that's just market research. Not a business plan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10526453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    What everyone has failed to see from the copy and paste of the thread that it was for signature spamming nothing more...! as the Mods caught before you all did

    "Moderator's Note: Affiliate link not allowed. Please edit."

    Jason
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524698].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

      What everyone has failed to see from the copy and paste of the thread that it was for signature spamming nothing more...! as the Mods caught before you all did

      "Moderator's Note: Affiliate link not allowed. Please edit."

      Jason
      That's because most that answered
      were focused on doing pretty much the same.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OmarrJo
    in my point of view i think because they don't take an action ... a lot of people just spend time to learn something and in the and they don't take action *^*

    and i believe to quote said " the best to succeed in business is to be in business "
    Signature
    100% FREE Done For You Marketing System That Builds Your Email List & Bank FAST

    Click Here To Get FREE Access Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bluejeans
    I agree that lack of focus is an element, sure. Plus insufficient information, insufficient time, insufficient action etc etc. Sometimes there's bad luck too. It's not all about focussing long and hard enough on one thing. It's a complex equation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524737].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reachintan
    Hey Shawn,

    I truly feel below are the three reasons for people not successfully making money online:
    1. Not sticking to a single money making opportunity (try to pounce on multiple ones losing their focus)
    2. Thinking that success will come shortly (it takes a lot of hard work and patience to reach your goals)
    3. Not willing to spend money online (nothing in the world is free and every business need investment)

    Regards,
    Chintan
    Signature

    Chintan Mehta

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Augustinus
    From my past mistakes I can say that my main reasons for failure was :

    1. I was not focusing

    2. I did not work hard enough

    and therefore now I am pushing myself to better results and trying to focus and work harder, much harder.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davidfrankk
    Don't go for multiple earning opportunities. Focus on a few. Increases chance of success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10524875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kalambur
    Originally Posted by shawnnguyen View Post

    I think the biggest reason is mainly the lack of focus.

    There's plenty of different opportunities and there's no chance to make any serious money with a lack of focus on one project.

    After making a single money making opportunity generate a decent amount of money every month then I think that's when it's good to explore other opportunities.
    A few days ago I finished reading "The millionaire fastlane" by MJ Demarco.

    I think, the problem is lack of understanding on how to make money.

    If you want to make money, forget about making money, and start thinking of creating value.
    Not everyone understands what "value" is. Not everyone is trying to figure it out.
    The lack of focus is not the problem, the problem is to figure out what to focus on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525043].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nahid7
    They are not consistent.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elmo033057
    Great discussion folks!

    Business, marketing, as well as any other endeavor you happen to follow in life will almost always boil down to :

    Those who will bust their butt day in and day out and eventually make it and....

    Those who will work it for awhile and give up.

    That's why there are so many losers and very (relatively speaking when you consider the numbers) few that'll make it.

    For those out there that just want in for the quick and easy that's bad news and for those of us that are striving for excellence it's great news.

    I think Will Smith really nailed it in this video:



    Or as Seth Godin puts it, "Mediocrity is for losers."

    God Bless,

    Elmo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    This gets talked about a few times a year here. Everyone seems to have the answer.

    But, the simple truth is......Not everyone is cut out to run their own business, simple as that.

    al
    Signature

    Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
    ~Jack Handey~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525301].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
      This gets talked about a few times a year here. Everyone seems to have the answer.

      But, the simple truth is......Not everyone is cut out to run their own business, simple as that.

      al
      I agree. Not everyone can make this a reality. There is a 'transition' from an employee to an Entrepreneur and not everyone is 'willing' to make that shift.

      And the biggest transition takes place 'right inside your very own mind'.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ratulin02
    According to me, lack of knowledge is responsible for fail in this section. Sometimes it is shown that a little learner start work is fails. Patience need to be success. That means Knowledge, Patience & Hard work is needed to success in any field. Thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EPoltrack77
    Most people fail because of the incorrect mindset. Success in anything we do is 80% mental yet most people shrug that off and wonder why life happens to them while people who succeed make it happen and luck has nothing to do with it.

    We as marketers need to follow a blueprint and marketing plan. Work on it and don't chase shinny object when you come to your first challenge. Good video above.

    Start by watching that first...
    Signature
    Targeted Viewers! All your traffic needs in one spot. Get seen today!
    Click Here Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nanotrip
    I think its just like any other business or learning a new language, you need to go through the process of acquaring enought information about the subject, then practice and get comfortable with the new tools by making a lot of mistakes until you get it right.
    The usual copywriting of "make $1000 a day" confuses a lot of beginners making them believe that money will appears after few marketing tricks.
    You have to ask yourself if you want to cause a shift in your life or if you are just playing another lottery number.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Bridgen
    I have not always been a affiliate marketer I am also in video marketing But in my video business I had down time and was looking for something to do with my time when I was not making videos. I turned to affiliate marketing but without spending a dime on advertising. I did not want to spend any money as it was my 2nd income. But things turned out that Affiliate Marketing turned into my #1 business as the revenue soon overtook my video business and become my #1 revenue maker. So now Affiliate marketing is my main business and yes I do not spend a dime on advertising. I also have a website The same website I give to my customers to generate traffic and sales using this no advertising method of Affiliate marketing. Free traffic Free website and a big bonus + 25% discount = A good product Thanks for taking the time to look at my post Robert
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10526462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bashca03
    Great thread! I believe that knowledge is power, in which what you knew will be your topmost weapon. How can one start anything without the knowledge? And in the online industry, a successful online business would need someone who is internet savvy and techie enough to click things. Engine will be your focus and perseverance but surely, it will need a car (knowledge) for it to move.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10526465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    The answer is BELIEF. Where is your belief in success centered?

    If you base your belief in success on the latest shiny object, your false enthusiasm will only take you so far--a few days, in fact. Then it runs out.

    If instead the core of your belief in success is yourself, then you will stick with it and persist long enough to learn something.

    You need to KNOW SOMETHING to make it work.

    You cannot delegate everything and expect it to work.

    You need to persist to make it work.

    This idea that you can know nothing, do no work, and make money is ridiculous and false. Yet that is where the herd mind is attracted.

    Make yourself the center of your belief. That you can and will persist and learn and stick with it however long it takes to make it work. Funny thing is, it doesn't take that long. If you stick with one thing and learning how to make it work, you'll get there in a few months.

    See? That reaction you just had? Yeah, I heard the voice in your head: "A few months?! That's too long?"

    Oh? How are you doing with your constant jumping from shiny object to shiny object, playing around with an idea for only a few days before moving on? If you've been trying for literally years without success, do a check-in on your behavior. Is this you?

    If your attention is on something outside yourself, you'll run out of steam quickly. The shiny object is merely a tool, and likely an incomplete one at that. Learn fundamentals. Tools fit in, do a specific job, and your job is to understand where they fit in. Not to base your chances on one silly spin of the roulette wheel with one shiny object that is only part of the machine.

    You. Not the tool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10526470].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by Jan Brzeski View Post

      In my opinion, which, in my opinion is right, it's a completely wrong approach/mindset.
      Cheers
      Jan Brzeski
      Jan, I love this.

      Someday, just once, I'd like to have someone say "in my opinion, which I believe is dead wrong..."

      Originally Posted by Robert Puddy View Post

      NO NO Lazy is a good thing...It makes me find ways to automate my business

      I'm the laziest bas&&&d around just ask my wife.
      Absolutely.

      The wheel was invented by a guy who got tired of lifting and carrying.

      Paper was invented by a guy who got tired of chipping out stone tablets.

      The calculator? Someone tired of doing math on paper or using a slide rule.

      I could go on, but it's too much work...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10526694].message }}
  • There are many reasons but I think a few are:

    -entitlement
    -lack of responsibility
    -no willingness to create (want free plrs)
    -no willingness to risk (want something guaranteed sure)
    -lazy (will not work that's most people for sure)
    -hating truth and punishing those who speak it (even wanting to make it crime) demanding they say things "the way they are suppose to aka lie"
    - jealousy and putting energy to take down those who are the 1% that do thing opposite of the plebs here

    and much more but it's basically the same reason 90% or more retire broke it's the same reason

    the solution is freedom and the truth will set you free but no one wants that
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Noorani
    This thread has some of the greatest insights from people who have been there and done that!

    Interestingly the answer to the question "Why do most people fail to make money online?" ismulti-dimensional!

    In my own experience to succeed online you must get clear on your WHY first! Why do you want to make money online? Do you want more freedom? More things money can buy? To provide better for your family?

    And then you have to answer another set of questions like: How will what you are offering to the market place be of value to the people in your chosen niche? Exactly who is your avatar? What problem do they have? How can you solve their problem as the expert they have been seeking to help them?

    If you are online just to make a buck and you are TRYING to make things happen, whatever that thing (or things) is, and you have no real plans and no way of tracking your progress to see if what you are doing is of value to the market place and is leading to results and goals you have set for yourself, you will quickly give up - because in not having a specific outcome there is no REWARD!!!

    Reward is very important in the human psyche when it comes to doing things to reach a goal or result you are striving for, whether a financial goal or a giving value to marketplace goal!

    Most people who start an "online business" (usually as an affiliate) don't realize that statistically, with over 97% failure rate of people who start an online business, everything is against them!

    But what virtually all the people who succeed online have in common is they RESOLVE (no going back attitude - it is do or die!!) to do whatever it takes! They know they don't have to reinvent the wheel and follow and learn from a mentor who is getting the results they want to have, that way they can avoid costly mistakes made by their mentor or as Warren Buffet says "It's good to learn from your mistakes. It's better to learn from other people's mistakes."

    To succeed in any field, you must become an expert first and no one becomes an expert overnight.

    Success online requires three things:

    1. Knowledge - becoming a student and learning what constitutes and makes up a successful online business, -

    2. Strategy - learning from mentors/courses/training what is working and how to set up successful online campaigns for you product/service/offer,

    3. Execution - putting the your knowledge and plan into action - testing testing testing to see what's working and what is not and what variables give you the best ROI and then scaling your business from there!

    One more thing that is crucial to realize is that people online who are looking for what you are offering are looking to follow experts, not products/services/offers, so when you brand yourself and people know like and trust you, they will buy anything you believe in because they believe in you!

    People fail at making money online because they don't have a clear written out plan and blueprint they can follow and track as they progress toward creating a successful business online!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Van Dam
    In my opinion, most people fail because they believe the hype. They believe the ''push-button'' theory and when one thing doesn't make them a millionaire within 24 hours (as promised) they quickly move onto the next thing rather than stick with one thing until they make money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527520].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tony Marriott
      Originally Posted by Robert Puddy View Post

      NO NO Lazy is a good thing...It makes me find ways to automate my business

      I'm the laziest bas&&&d around just ask my wife.

      Building a successful business is about your thought process, and most people think like a consumer (buyer) or an employee...rather than as a provider (seller)

      The two mind sets are diametrically opposed, before anyone shouts you need to sell what your customer wants, yes you do. but that's just market research. Not a business plan
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post


      Absolutely.

      The wheel was invented by a guy who got tired of lifting and carrying.

      Paper was invented by a guy who got tired of chipping out stone tablets.

      The calculator? Someone tired of doing math on paper or using a slide rule.

      I could go on, but it's too much work...

      All the above is kinda true but there is a distinct difference between being lazy and being efficient.

      Being efficient means you come up with all these great ideas to make less work for yourself.

      Being lazy means you can't be bothered to do the work it in the first place.

      But that efficiency doesn't always work up front. I think you still need to know and understand the basics.

      Like your calculator, yes a great time saver but if you really have no idea about maths how do you know your answer is even in the ballpark. Same with business. If you don't understand how it works, how do you know your "shortcuts" are producing the right output.

      And as for paper? If I remember my history correctly, Paper was invented by us Brits to carry our fish 'n chips home safely.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author niksto82
    People are simply lazy. If you wish to be an entrepreneur, you have to work hard each and every day. People lose motivation after their first project fails. But, truth of the matter, there is always something new to be learned about the internet, SEO, internet marketing, sales and all the other aspects which are part of the equation. In order to make a profitable business on the internet, you have to have basics for each of those which can only be accomplished through learning and sacrifice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527557].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dilip Mane
    Failing may be a stage for most of the people in the learning curve.

    The one, who believes in getting quick results with very little or no efforts at all, quits at that stage leaving some negative views behind.

    The one, who believes that it takes lot of dedication, brain, and sweat to get the results, be it from offline or from online, succeeds eventually and sets a good example behind even if there are some failure stages along the leaning curve.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10528081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kerunai
    This is an evergreen topic

    The reason why they failed is that they have been taught 1001 lesson n strategy thats seems to be 'the same bullshit' but doing NOTHING after that

    They just go to their favourite web to leech the next shining thing from WSO or from other launches...downloaded them ..skimming..and continue their daily routine...and sleep

    Next day...pretty much the same

    And when they failed ..they blame others..they blame gurus..they blame forums

    For me...since 2003..the sole purpose of all this online business ..making money online..is to build a list

    A list ... and do whatever shit you want to do with it... thats all...

    The traffic..the copy..the ppc..the seo..the fb ads..the youtube.. it's all worthless if you keep on doing the exact same shit over and over again..without building a list
    Signature

    How to Easily Get 300+ Email Subscribers in the Next 6 Hours
    Why list building no longer works like it used to… and what to do about it

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10528122].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by Tony Marriott View Post

      All the above is kinda true but there is a distinct difference between being lazy and being efficient.

      Being efficient means you come up with all these great ideas to make less work for yourself.

      Being lazy means you can't be bothered to do the work it in the first place.

      But that efficiency doesn't always work up front. I think you still need to know and understand the basics.

      Like your calculator, yes a great time saver but if you really have no idea about maths how do you know your answer is even in the ballpark. Same with business. If you don't understand how it works, how do you know your "shortcuts" are producing the right output.

      And as for paper? If I remember my history correctly, Paper was invented by us Brits to carry our fish 'n chips home safely.
      Tony, you make a good distinction. Most big time and labor savers were invented by someone who understood what they were doing, and got tired of doing it. So they went looking for a better way to do it. Without understanding the process, they could not have seen alternatives.

      I'm not a Brit, but we have quite a few who spend their winters here. I get my fish and chips from the places they tell me are just like home.

      Funny thing, though. Really good fish and chips never seems to make it all the way home...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10528158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author captkirk
    Originally Posted by shawnnguyen View Post

    I think the biggest reason is mainly the lack of focus.

    There's plenty of different opportunities and there's no chance to make any serious money with a lack of focus on one project.

    After making a single money making opportunity generate a decent amount of money every month then I think that's when it's good to explore other opportunities.
    Hi Shawn,

    For one thing, they over complicate making money online.

    They do everything that they can think of not to make money.

    And listening to so called Gurus, Experts, and Etc... That don't know what they're talking about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530754].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cmfreer
    I think it could be because of lack of traffic and of course there are ways to generate that but it can be challenging. And some things are scams and perhaps people try the stuff that does not work and then are less likely to try something new.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goindeep
    Very open ended question. Its a combination of things.

    Firstly you have people that are just not cut out for it. Some of them are lazy, some are not focused and some just don't get it for whatever reason and many unfortunately give up too soon. There are many tales from very successful people who say that right before they reached their tipping point they almost gave up...

    And then you just have people who make bad business decisions. Getting into a down turning niche or industry, not doing their numbers correctly, putting all their eggs in one basket, whatever, it happens all too often and its no different to the offline world.

    The biggest piece to understanding why people are unsuccessful when looking at it in general terms I believe is the low barrier to entry. Anyone, anywhere can 'start an online business' in a matter of seconds and for little or no money at all.

    And when you combine that with offers for 'overnight, turnkey, do it for you, short cut' businesses, programs, coaching, software or ebooks you have the perfect storm so to speak.

    Finally lets not forget that we all fail and all have failed before, as long as you get back up dust yourself off and learn from your failures then you, yourself are not THE failure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530852].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ibrahim68
    People are simply lazy. If you wish to be an entrepreneur, you have to work hard each and every day. People lose motivation after their first project fails. But, truth of the matter, there is always something new to be learned about the internet, SEO, internet marketing, sales and all the other aspects which are part of the equation. In order to make a profitable business on the internet, you have to have basics for each of those which can only be accomplished through learning and sacrifice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sumon2k7
    People fails because at first glance most people sees earning money from online. They just see some people who are already online gurus and earning a lot money. And focuses only the successful online personalities footprints without noticing how they've become successful at their life.

    In term of getting successful in online you need to honest, helpful and supportive to make solution of people problems. The rest will happen automatically (the money earning thing actually).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andrewkar
    Because they don't want it strong enough.

    There is a tradeoff, being successful usually means doing everything differently than family, friends, boss and probably anyone we know (unless we are successful already, and we have the right kind of people around).

    Those people who are around, and who are not successful by our standards won't help us. No matter if it's family member, wife or husband, best friend or anyone else. Most likely they will try to stop you.

    Solution? Well, it's your life, not theirs. If they don't like it... That's not your problem. Get rid of poison.

    Not many people is willing to focus ONLY on the job that must be done. They are wasting their time on TV, social life etc.

    If you want to live like other "regular" people that's fine, but don't expect different life.

    Becoming successful means working like a donkey till the job is done. While others going out and socialising, you are sitting there and doing your thing.

    It might not be easy, but it's the only way. Don't like it? Well, go and get another WSO.
    Signature
    Do what you want to do!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531348].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
      As a former "Opportunity Seeker", I decided to
      stop SEEKING, and start DOING!

      ...it's easier to search for opportunities and
      get a fix on the high from it's possibilities...

      ...then it is to follow through from imagined
      to realized results of those possibilities.

      Doesn't take make effort to dream, does it?

      Because every thinking person has the capacity
      to do it...even so a child.

      But it takes work to take a thought and mold it
      into reality.

      God created earth in 6 days...

      ...not merely thinking about it.

      He followed through.

      He is called the Crea-TOR for a reason. Not the
      "Thinker".

      And if we take Him as the example then we now
      realize it takes WORK by use of our brains and
      hands to bring to life what once wasn't there.

      On the 7th day He rested...yet worked the rest
      of the week.

      If THAT'S not the best example to follow...

      ...I don't know what is.
      Signature
      **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10533919].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Carsten Tiensuu
      People need to stick to a method and not buy every single product they run into. And then they need to pick the right mentor to train them.
      Signature
      [Newbie Training] MEGA DISCOUNT! Discover How To Earn Money in 24 Hours From Now - Income Guaranteed
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    i think people fail because they jump around too much from one thing to another....LEARN---MASTER IT...MAKE MONEY FROM IT...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10534122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hap53146
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10540109].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author diegocomercio
    I agree that lack of focus is one of the main reasons due to the SOS shiny object syndrome. So there are so many things out there that people tend to go after the new best way to make money or the best new tool to get traffic etc.

    Also in my personal opinion other 2 reasons are not having the right mentor (or no having a mentor at all) and not having the right mindset.

    When I found the right mentor I was able to focus and follow one set of instructions and that helped me get on track and really start making money online.

    Hey it's just my experience. I know many people out there got the midas touch but for many of us is an ongoing process until we brake that mindset that keeps us away from the money.

    That's my 2 cents!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552011].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanserno
      There is really too much elements of " Why "., it's different for everyone.

      People think that they can do miracles in few days, just by reading some random guide.

      ... so one most common is kinda this one





      Also one more thing is mindset.. If you think in positive terms you will achieve positive results.On the other hand if you doubt in your work, then you have answer why you fail every time !

      - Filip
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552042].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Funtobesocial
        Originally Posted by lanserno View Post

        There is really too much elements of " Why "., it's different for everyone.

        People think that they can do miracles in few days, just by reading some random guide.

        ... so one most common is kinda this one





        Also one more thing is mindset.. If you think in positive terms you will achieve positive results.On the other hand if you doubt in your work, then you have answer why you fail every time !

        - Filip

        ^^ Love it! ^^
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552239].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DRP
    Originally Posted by shawnnguyen View Post

    I think the biggest reason is mainly the lack of focus.

    There's plenty of different opportunities and there's no chance to make any serious money with a lack of focus on one project.

    After making a single money making opportunity generate a decent amount of money every month then I think that's when it's good to explore other opportunities.
    You tried promoting an affiliate link in your signature by starting a thread called "Why do most people fail to make money online?"

    You answered your own question unintentionally - even though you weren't serious about the question to begin with - you lack the necessary skills and creativity required to succeed.

    Most people fail for these reasons:

    1. Lack of skills.
    2. Lack of education.
    3. Lack of resources.
    4. Lack of business acumen.
    5. Lack of realistic thinking.

    Most people come to the internet thinking it's the fast road to easy riches. They're lazy, often uneducated, and possess little to no job skills. They can't get a job, or they don't want a job, so they look for the magic system on the internet that will allow them to live the easy life.

    There are some that don't know any better, such as the poor elderly people on retirement that needed to make more money or re-enter the workforce...and ended up getting fleeced by a guru.

    But I have little sympathy for the lazy bums who think that residual, passive, automatic income is just around the corner of the internet. And I have great distaste for those who peddle such garbage to the poor and stupid.
    Signature
    I'd rather tell you an ugly truth than a pretty lie.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552034].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wile E Coyote
      Originally Posted by DRP View Post

      Most people come to the internet thinking it's the fast road to easy riches. They're lazy, often uneducated, and possess little to no job skills. They can't get a job, or they don't want a job, so they look for the magic system on the internet that will allow them to live the easy life.

      There are some that don't know any better, such as the poor elderly people on retirement that needed to make more money or re-enter the workforce...and ended up getting fleeced by a guru.

      But I have little sympathy for the lazy bums who think that residual, passive, automatic income in just around the corner of the internet. And I have great distaste for those who peddle such garbage to the poor and stupid.
      THIS.

      Do a bit of research and you'll find that the top marketers in every respective field are EXTREMELY intelligent creative guys. Not the WF's typical visionary marketer, "Highschool Dropout Stay-at-Home Dad Makes Millions with a single Trick!"

      Not saying highschool or college is required at all, but you HAVE to be smart, analytical, and creative to be in this game.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Verdatti
    Yes, I agree it's lack of focus but it's also a lack of commitment. Most people are after the instant gratification and they give up before things work out for them.

    There are unlimited opportunities online but they do take work and commitment. Most people give up easily and that's in my opinion why most people fail online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552225].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Funtobesocial
    I believe a some people think it will be easy. When they don't make money after a few months they give up. Another reason is some people don't have a lot of experience in online marketing and they might get overwhelmed.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552236].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Omarkenawy
    I think that most people who fail online don`t understand that there is a very basic underlying philosophy for the whole money making online world.

    You should understand that you are not just selling an ebook or a product in order to make money online. You're selling a solution or an experience that the customer cannot get anywhere else at this same time.

    Moreover, you should focus on targeting customers with urgency in mind.

    You're solving a problem with immediacy that keeps them from going to a book store or a local department store where they might find a slightly less expensive solution and get this solution (ebook) on the internet right now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552293].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seriousjack4
    nothing is impossible. You need to put effort and Most people fail because of the incorrect mindset, which is a big deal IMO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jack Ma
    Because most of people want to be succeed overnight. And then things did not happen the way they want. And then you already know right?
    Signature
    Do you want to Discover about my journey to quit my old job and live the way i want?
    Click here to my Squeeze Page
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author extrememan
    One word.. Belief. They don't really believe they can do it. Half the game is changing the way with think about our business to prepare for success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eklipz316
    Most people give up before they end up making money. Everyone has the potential, it's sticking with it that's most important.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skillfull
    Banned
    well i think people never stick to one thing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pardu
    Biggest and most common reason is lack of interest and routine.It happened to me to me when I started,you need to focused and persistant.I hope it helps.
    Signature

    Moderator's Note: Affiliate link not allowed. Please edit.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alex124
    Banned
    alot of people give up if they do not see a result, but i do not blame them we live in a world were everything is instant.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552850].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ashleybrown1811
      Originally Posted by alex124 View Post

      alot of people give up if they do not see a result, but i do not blame them we live in a world were everything is instant.
      Agree with Alex124. Your hardwork give result in Long term. There are no shortcut to earn $ from online.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10552882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yokolo
    Originally Posted by shawnnguyen View Post

    I think the biggest reason is mainly the lack of focus.

    There's plenty of different opportunities and there's no chance to make any serious money with a lack of focus on one project.

    After making a single money making opportunity generate a decent amount of money every month then I think that's when it's good to explore other opportunities.
    Yep, this was one of my biggest struggles I had to get over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10553821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Smart Income 101
    People who don't succeed just don't want it bad enough. If you want it you will put in the work until you get it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10554122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mohjam
    The problem in this sentence sound like " 1000$ in day "
    beginner when see it he think find Treasure but in truth he found mirage , i dont mean no making money online but no information like step by step , people dont give good information , they told you Jumping into the sea And swim And you do not know swimming , after that Will sink , yea will sink , No information No money , No training No money , No helpful people for beginner No money , all beginner need step by step , dont told me choose niche , told me this is great niche like "xxxx" .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10554253].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sempeneh
    NEVER GIVE UP AND KEEP IT UP

    i think that sums it all
    Signature

    Make $4000 Permonth Using A Simple Blogger In Just 20 Minutes Per Day Without Investment

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10554279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dr3a
    I think the Biggest reason that most fail is the Lack of Focus + Being Persistent on 1 thing!, I know that was my biggest failure in the beginning. I couldn't keep my focus on just one thing, and because i had no passion for what I was trying to market, made it just that much worse. So then came the lack of being persistent and that lead to never getting anything done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10554503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author parmarjeet
    I believe in planning. Make a checklist for what you are doing because each and every steps are important. If you failed to fulfil any of the steps, your whole efforts got wasted and resulted in failure and lose of money which you have invested.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10554606].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanserno
      Originally Posted by parmarjeet View Post

      I believe in planning. Make a checklist for what you are doing because each and every steps are important. If you failed to fulfil any of the steps, your whole efforts got wasted and resulted in failure and lose of money which you have invested.
      This one is also good

      Make a list for 30 days, I am going to do 1. x 2. y 3.z and so on....

      Make sure you do it every day. Before you go to sleep, check your list, if everything is done for today ( GOOD JOB FRIEND ) go to sleep. If NOT, then go and DO IT.....if it's 3 am... dont pass it for next day. Since you cheat yourself not me, keep that on mind

      - Filip
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10554758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dbrwn
    One of the reasons why so many people don't make any money online has to do with all of the scams and deceptive marketing practices out there. You see, many people are duped into paying their money to a program whose owner beefs up the entire thing with a fancy video showing you all the money that they made and their so-called students have made just to get you all pumpped up to buy their products and or services.

    Not only that, but so many people are misled, deceived and worse. They're promised all sorts of wealth and fortune, but never see any real results.

    I am not saying that everything out there is a scam, but if you have to flash screenshots of earnings, and then on video show yourself logging into your account to show off the money that you have made and you do't talk much about the product or service that you're selling, then there's a huge problem with that.

    That's what I see most of the time online, a bunch of so-called marketers beefing their stuff up, and making it look like their program is the best thing since sliced bread and then building up the hopes of their potential customers so that they will buy.

    If more information was given about the product instead of always just talking about the money, then maybe the potential customer would get a much better idea of how that system really worked and so on before they make the purchase.

    However, how it stands now, that doesn't happen all that much today. Its all about the money and very little about what is being offered.
    Signature

    Discover the real truth about online business inside a brand new report called The Truth Is Out. It will be a real eye-opener for you the entrepreneur. To get a copy, visit the URL here below.

    http://www.teachmeinfomarketing.com/truthisout

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10556048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sirtiman
    Sometimes people have to failed to get more lessons for their next actions. Just don't give up and keep moving forward.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10556118].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kevinfar
    I think that most people simply do not put in the work necessary AND take failure as a sign of "it's time to quit".
    Having been guilty of this myself in the past and sometimes it feels like everything's going horrible and it's not working.
    But you succeed by learning each and every day and doing what you can in that day in order to take you one step closer to your goal.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10556194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Baker
    I would have to say focus, lack of determination, motivation.

    most just don't seem to want to focus on it and play through the ups and downs to get to success. Always jumping around trying to get the next thing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10556407].message }}

Trending Topics