39 replies
So I have this website called Round World Travels and I've put a lot of effort and time into it but it really don't make any money or attract many readers. It has over 300 unique articles written from a handful of different people/travelers from all over. The idea was for it to be a community website (built with buddypress) where travelers shared their experiences, adventures, etc.

Lately I've come to the conclusion that I hate writing when I'm traveling or doing any type of vacation. I like to take pictures and that is all so I'm not really great at providing my own content now. I also sometimes feel like I have too many pans on the fire like I'm trying to get more back to my photography, having a new baby, running two other websites....It's just like.....ahhhhhh, but I feel bad if I just delete it because there are some really good stories, etc on it. Here is a example: Fat and White in China | Round World Travels

I can't bring myself to let it go but deep down I know I don't have the time to actively manage and bring the website up to what it needs to be.

Anyone have any advice, suggestions, feedback?

Thanks!
#give #give up #time allocation #website
  • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
    I can understand your feelings and believe others encounter the same while building up a website.

    last time I have one already made but don't have patience ..thus give up and close down

    last year I do back again , using back the same domain ( lucky haven't taken ) than do again

    towards end of last year I run out of ideas etc....than I revamp it...the site

    till now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10529923].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      You never fail until you give up and stop trying.

      I would ask you ... what have you done to promote and market your web site?

      Having lots of great content is wonderful, but that is not going to be enough promotion to give the site traction - especially in the beginning.

      Successful web sites have to be marketed, promoted, pushed to the forefront of the niche.

      Until you do that, you really haven't given your web site a fighting chance.

      Steve
      Signature

      Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10529937].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Falk
        Thanks for both of your input. I guess my thinking is maybe if I can focus my attention on one or two sites instead of like 4 things than maybe I can be successful at one of them. Currently I have a total of 4 sites including my photography website. When you try to run social media accounts for all of them you quickly realize you don't do anything good and so none of the sites are very successful.

        Steve B: I'll be honest, I haven't done much to market them as I seem to be stuck in the building phase. Like I'm constantly finding little things, to improve upon or implement and it's like a vicious cycle of doing updates and improving and then trying to find new content that I totally ignore trying to promote adequately. Like, If I just make this one awesome change suddenly people are going to appear....lol....ridiculous!

        Anyway, I do have social media accounts. The facebook page has 832 likes which don't amount to much but they are not really engaged. Like, I post stuff back to my blog but I don't have a bunch of conversations happening or anything.

        I think promoting sort of scares me, like I'm not good at it. I really don't know where to start as far as promoting. Do you mean like going to other blogs and commenting and leaving a link back to my site. I've done that sporadically but I know probably not enough.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10529976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by Michael Falk View Post

    So I have this website called Round World Travels and I've put a lot of effort and time into it but it really don't make any money or attract many readers. It has over 300 unique articles written from a handful of different people/travelers from all over. The idea was for it to be a community website (built with buddypress) where travelers shared their experiences, adventures, etc.

    Lately I've come to the conclusion that I hate writing when I'm traveling or doing any type of vacation. I like to take pictures and that is all so I'm not really great at providing my own content now.
    GIVE UP.....trying to make wordpress work for that idea. You have the basis for a good idea for a web app but Wordpress is not the tool for it. You could have your very own web app social network for travelers sharing their pictures while on vacation. Might cost a few hundred dollars (I know web developers in that range if you are interested) but it would be yours others would add content to it (ala facebook) and you'd have something that could grow into something very lucrative
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10529975].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Falk
      Thanks for your input Mike. I think If I started over completely I would just stay away from the travel industry to be honest. Like, even if I did manage to make that app I guess I would wonder why anyone would use it instead of like Instagram where everyone already seems to be.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10529994].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by Michael Falk View Post

        Thanks for your input Mike. I think If I started over completely I would just stay away from the travel industry to be honest. Like, even if I did manage to make that app I guess I would wonder why anyone would use it instead of like Instagram where everyone already seems to be.
        Sounds like you are turned off by travel Industry and maybe should consider something you may have more inspiration from


        - Robert Andrew
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530039].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author zannix
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      GIVE UP.....trying to make wordpress work for that idea. You have the basis for a good idea for a web app but Wordpress is not the tool for it. You could have your very own web app social network for travelers sharing their pictures while on vacation. Might cost a few hundred dollars (I know web developers in that range if you are interested) but it would be yours others would add content to it (ala facebook) and you'd have something that could grow into something very lucrative
      I disagree, I think Wordpress is a perfectly good platform for this type of site. Of course, you should do some custom work on it to make it more suitable for your goals.

      For example, I would use the google maps API to create an interactive map right on your front page. Then people would be able to click on different areas of the world and explore categories related to those areas.

      Just an idea
      Signature
      All you can do is all you can do - Art Williams
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530041].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by zannix View Post

        I disagree, I think Wordpress is a perfectly good platform for this type of site. Of course, you should do some custom work on it to make it more suitable for your goals.
        Yeah thats why I said what I said because on WF there is this almost stifling (to real success) idea that everything works great with Wordpress. One tool to rule them all. In just about everything else and everywhere else people say right tool for the right job but here when it comes to sites its wordpress for everything. However sorry you are dead wrong. this is a good idea for a community site and doing real community sites (with social features expected by most users of social sites) in wordpress is like trying to change a gocart into a a 747.

        The more plugins you load in the slower it gets and the less control you have where things show up and how they work. the day you want to put some new feature that could put your app on the map forget it. Even if you do know programming the amount of hacking you have to do you might as well start from scratch.

        If theres one huge thing holding back a TON of people on WF - its the only wordpress mentality. Thats also the reason we see nothing really new in this style IM.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530234].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      GIVE UP.....trying to make wordpress work for that idea. You have the basis for a good idea for a web app but Wordpress is not the tool for it. You could have your very own web app social network for travelers sharing their pictures while on vacation. Might cost a few hundred dollars (I know web developers in that range if you are interested) but it would be yours others would add content to it (ala facebook) and you'd have something that could grow into something very lucrative
      Now that's a really awesome idea. You can have an app where users can rate the photos "up" or "down." If they rate them "up," then they get passed on to more and more viewers. If they rate then "down," there is less of a "viral" effect with the photos.

      There is an app I recently started using called Plag, and the format could work for something like this idea. The app is absolutely addicting also. I find myself using it much more than Instagram lately.

      My advice to the OP is to check the Plag app out and get some ideas for it. The idea of people sharing their holiday photos is a great one.

      AS far as costing a few hundred dollars to develop, I think that's low balling it. You'd be looking at more like a few thousand minimum I think.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530193].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post


        AS far as costing a few hundred dollars to develop, I think that's low balling it. You'd be looking at more like a few thousand minimum I think.
        Nope...I wasn't blowing smoke. Basic community features, upload etc can be done for less than a thousand. You just need to know where to look and who to trust. Skip php developers and go with faster protoyping language programmers in Ruby or Meteor.

        Not saying you will never need to build more features as the community grows as every app needs to go through various versions but to start out and get an idea going does not require thousands and thousands of dollars anymore
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530256].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Nope...I wasn't blowing smoke. Basic community features, upload etc can be done for less than a thousand. You just need to know where to look and who to trust. Skip php developers and go with faster protoyping language programmers in Ruby or Meteor.

          Not saying you will never need to build more features as the community grows as every app needs to go through various versions but to start out and get an idea going does not require thousands and thousands of dollars anymore
          That's pretty cool. I've always wanted to get into making apps for local businesses. There is a huge market for it I think. Most of the local businesses I frequent around here (excluding large chains like Wal-Mart, Safeway, etc), don't have their own apps. Lots of them are just figuring out how to use QR codes! I don't think those are even a thing anymore, are they?

          I've thought about purchasing a membership to a site called Zapable, which is basically a drag & drop app creator for local businesses, but in all honestly I've held off because I just don't have the time to take on anything else right now.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lisa Gergets
    How much of your precious energy are you sacrificing feeling guilty about it? Let it go and do something you enjoy more. Put your energy to the best use possible...we only have so much of it.
    Signature
    Sign up to be notified when Success on Demand goes live, and receive a FREE mindmap that you can follow to create and launch your OWN IM PRODUCTS!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sweetcrabhoney18
    Why not just sell it and use the income from it for your new baby?

    There is NO SHAME in quieting when you get burned out ... there is only shame when you get depressed because you feel hopeless.

    If you don't like the project -- sale it and move on . It's okay .. Trust me ; I'm doing it right now.
    Signature

    keep moving forward

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BradVert2013
    The same thing happened to me with my first blog (in a different niche). It got some traffic and made a little money, but for the time and effort I was spending on it, it just didn't seem worth it. What did I do? I downloaded all the posts and compiled the best ones into an ebook. I already did the writing, why let all that hard work go to waste? Travel related books are great. You got a lot of content, just find different ways of making money off it that doesn't involve blogging.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PassiveIncomes
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530122].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      what I have witness

      those have blogs , websites which attract a lot visitors ..their website has been there for some years.

      at least more than 3 years and above thus naturally it will attract some traffic naturally without marketing .depend how fast you want....with every day marketing no doubt traffic will be squeeze much more ..

      I also want to give up ...but since fitness also my personal hobby...I treat it like hobby just daily post..
      the site is more towards adsense ..( yup hard to earn just pennies now every day ) + some amazon , click bank affiliates ( sales never only once in blue moon )

      I doing other IM stuffs beside this.

      I feel is best to do two or 3 Marketing stuffs

      just in case one never perform or the next also at least still have some perform.

      of course some will claim must focus just one.
      but for website is tricky especially for mine in case is fitness , yours travel..or others like talk about pets , etc ....if yours is blog seriously need some time to get there

      for IM niche is different .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530181].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaypoole
    Originally Posted by Michael Falk View Post

    I like to take pictures and that is all so I'm not really great at providing my own content now.

    ......snipped........

    Anyone have any advice, suggestions, feedback?

    Thanks!
    You don't count pictures as content..?

    There's no reason that articles have to be heavy on words and light on images, and I'd have thought many travel buffs would love to see more images on the site.

    Your use of images on the site seems to be mixed though. I found some take you away from the site to a Flickr slide show like this example, some have images that are clickable but just take you to the uploaded image URL, and there are others that are not clickable or even both on the same page

    My point here is that good user experience means website visitors can predict what will happen when they do something. Having a number of different options that may happen when you are about to click on an image can negate the UX such as taking someone off to a standalone page just showing the image breaks the continuity of the site, or taking them off your site to a Flickr sl;ide show.

    By the way - look out for a plugin being released this week by Cindy battye called Sticky Posts - it may be a real time saver for someone like you who has lots of images and can add them into an article that will get people clicking and engaging.

    In terms of giving feedback then I approach the site as if I was someone that was looking to travel to a specific destination and therefore was interested in finding information about a specific location.

    The number of location specific posts seems to give strange totals. Looking at the menu of 'Place to Go' for instance. Asia is indicated as having 123 articles/posts yet when you expand it to see what countries are covered the aggregate total for all the individual countries only add up to 93.

    That totalling issue is the same for Australia & Pacific 15/16 (1 missing?), Central & South America 11/13 (2 missing), Europe 30/42 (12 missing), Middle East & Africa 20/28 (8 Missing) and North America 72/77 (5 missing).

    This means there could be 58 posts unaccounted for. It may be these posts have not had the appropriate category or tag checked so they appear within the post grid for those categories, or maybe they don't exist at all and somehow the totals are just being shown wrong.

    If they do exist though this could lead to frustration of anyone who's written an article that then can't be found via the menu, or from prospective readers of articles (of a country that doesn't exist on the menus) but the article may actually have been written by someone.

    There's a lot of work gone into thisyour site and I feel it would be a shame not to continue with it. If coming up with content is not your bag now, then is there a better way of encouraginng more contributions from others - competitions for the best travel writing, photo contests etc. Maybe getting people voting for favourite articles/images etc. Could you also try to get sponsorship from businesses to help support the site i.e. Selling ad space on appropriate pages to local businesses there such as hostels, scuba schools etc.
    Signature
    arpReach user?
    Join us in the arpReach Moguls Facebook Group
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marvin Lex
    Here's some honest feedback:

    I don't like the website's design. It looks similar to the site of my doctor (not kidding) with all these cold colors. Travelling for me is about excitment, making awesome experiences, meeting nice people and being happy. Unfortunately, this is not reflected in your design.

    The same goes for the titles of many of the articles. I don't want to read a blog post called "A weekend in San Francisco". It's too boring! Why isn't this called "Top 15 locations you need to visit in San Francisco" or "My crazy adventures in San Francisco". I know you are not writing these articles and it leads to the next issue.

    I think when people read blogs, they want to connect with the author. This is what makes them come back and read article after article. However, if you have random authors you are removing this effect. I know that there are aggregators doing that successfully, but that's because they only pick the best content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530340].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Falk
      Yup, I definitely have some thinking to do haha. Thank you everyone for all your input. Jaypoole: Looked briefly into the post count issue and just decided to turn that option off in the plugin. It does appear that all post that are submitted are being published, it's just not counting right. But, this is perfect example: Before I would go off on a multi-hour journey trying to figure out why these counts are not matching. I'm constantly fixing bugs leaving little time to promote. It's always something haha


      Originally Posted by Marvin Lex View Post

      Here's some honest feedback:

      I think when people read blogs, they want to connect with the author. This is what makes them come back and read article after article. However, if you have random authors you are removing this effect. I know that there are aggregators doing that successfully, but that's because they only pick the best content.
      Marvin Lex: Thanks for all your feedback. I agree with you on your points and especially the last one. It's something I have thought about myself. It's hard to build a connection on the social media sites when not all the content is being written by myself. It's hard to even promote it in a way that feels genuine to me.

      Still, it's a hard choice, sometimes when I'm feeling motivated I think "keep going- you can make the changes and make it happen. Like as JayPoole suggested, running contest do generate content. I've thought about that and different unique ways to bring travel writers aboard but then other thoughts creep in like "but you've already made so many changes and tried many things so why keep pursuing something your not that passionate about? Use this motivation to follow your passions." I mean don't get me wrong, I love to travel but I don't like actually documenting it as much as I thought.

      I have thought about selling the site sweetcrabhoney, that or getting like a second party involved to share in the burden lol. As far as selling, not sure how much it would be worth as it don't make much money. I also don't know the logistics of that, how you would actually transfer it to someone.

      Anyway, thank you everyone!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530722].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author irawr
        Banned
        Whatever you decide, don't just let that site rot. If you interested in selling it put it on flippa. If you do that, let me know. I don't want to put you in an awkward situation by making a private offer.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530771].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nancy666
          This business takes time to establish.

          You need to promote your website. Have you tried lodging articles with article directories?

          What about paid traffic, which will get you a quicker result.

          You have to be prepared to "tough it out", and stick with it til you succeed.
          Signature

          For more IM tips and strategies check out:

          www.luisadrummondonline.com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531218].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author discrat
            Originally Posted by nancy666 View Post

            This business takes time to establish.

            You need to promote your website. Have you tried lodging articles with article directories?

            What about paid traffic, which will get you a quicker result.

            You have to be prepared to "tough it out", and stick with it til you succeed.
            Personally, I do not recommend Article Directories. At least not spending an inordinate amount of time with them ( 7 years ago, sure).

            And above anything else do not put your original content on it.

            Get it indexed on your own personal property first and then put it on Article Directories


            - Robert Andrew
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531721].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Falk
          Originally Posted by irawr View Post

          Whatever you decide, don't just let that site rot. If you interested in selling it put it on flippa. If you do that, let me know. I don't want to put you in an awkward situation by making a private offer.
          I will let you know if I decide to put it up there, been checking out flippa to see how it works.

          Discrat and anyone else, what is your recommended way to promote now days. Like what's the best way to go about it. Still link building? What method if so?

          Thanks!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10532109].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author SterlingWebb
            Originally Posted by Michael Falk View Post

            I will let you know if I decide to put it up there, been checking out flippa to see how it works.

            Discrat and anyone else, what is your recommended way to promote now days. Like what's the best way to go about it. Still link building? What method if so?

            Thanks!
            If your site is making money you could invest in solo ads but only after you make some design changes to capture the results.

            If your site isn't making money - make sure you focus on monetizing the traffic you already get and use free methods like article sharing and go join some travel forums and talk about your experiences. It's free and will drive traffic to your site.

            Hope that helps,

            WW
            Signature

            I made it from NEED, now I fight off GREED.

            Having a hard time finding VALUE? Shoot me a PM. It's time to give back.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10532132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marvin Lex
    I like how you react to feedback. You soak it up without getting defensive and you analysed the main problems already. You will be successful with that mentality eventually, the only question is if this project is really the right one to make it happen. Selling that site and starting something new you are more passionate about seems to be a good idea.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author videobyemail
    You could hire someone to write the articles for you.

    You can even hire someone to manage the blog for you.

    A good place to look is elance.com
    Signature

    Norman McCulloch

    You need to have the right 'vehicle' to create time freedom.
    To see what I 'drive'... Visit here <---
    (it's getting me where I want to go)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10532296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author donpurdum
    I can really understand what you're going through. After a lot of effort and lack of results it can suck the passion out of you.

    Just a thought... but why not turn the site into one that's more experiential in nature?

    Meaning, do more photographs, create videos where you interview local businesses at your destinations, etc... create some real value and see if you can initiate a spark.

    I wouldn't scrap what you've done, but perhaps you can enhance it.

    Finally, I would say you have to find your own unique voice. Sounds like photography and video may do that for you.

    I teach my clients to work through the following questions and it literally can change your website and digital marketing quickly:

    1. What are the "specific" problems you are passionate about solving?
    2. What are the tangible values your customers experience and how do they feel about the experience?
    3. What are the "specific" problems you solve for each tangible value?
    4. Who are you "specifically" solve each problem for (in detail)?
    5. How are your products or services "a" part of "a" solution?

    Hope that helps?

    Best wishes... and I'm not convinced that giving up is the best answer.

    ~ Don Purdum
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10532300].message }}
  • There are a lot of wonderful and creative suggestions here that make one re-think and be motivated again.

    With all that was already said, I also suggest you take some time off, clear your mind, and probably spend a vacation for a while, surround yourself with people who have a very positive outlook. This will help you re-think of your plans and will help you turn things around positively.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10532899].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Falk
      Originally Posted by affilorama-portal View Post

      There are a lot of wonderful and creative suggestions here that make one re-think and be motivated again.

      With all that was already said, I also suggest you take some time off, clear your mind, and probably spend a vacation for a while, surround yourself with people who have a very positive outlook. This will help you re-think of your plans and will help you turn things around positively.
      Yes, this has been motivating and I appreciate all this feedback for sure... I like the idea of surrounding myself with positive people that perhaps share similar aspirations. I was doing that with my photography, going to groups, meetups, and such and I miss that type of connection with other people that share my interest.

      Anyway, back to this, I've been thinking of maybe taking my other two websites and combining them all into one. The other two are also travel related but more aimed at reviewing adventure gear and travel related products.... Not sure though, just brainstorming.... I feel they probably stand alone better as far as niche sites go but combing them would help me to focus my efforts into one thing and so it might end up being better despite broadening the scope of topics.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10534434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reachintan
    Hey Michael,


    Your website looks fine.

    You need to implement a few changes and it will work wonders if:

    1. Get a logo designed for your blog. You can hire people from http://www.fiverr.com for just $5.
    2. Your blog content needs attractive headlines. The headlines should not only be simple and rich in keywords, but attractive enough to grab user attention. Right now, the headlines lack keywords and are not soothing to the eyes.


    Regards,
    Chintan
    Signature

    Chintan Mehta

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10532942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Engineer2Blogger
    I've tried plenty of business ideas over the last few years I've been online entrepreneuring.

    Some have gone on to make me a lot of money, many have failed miserably.

    With everything that I start I make sure I finish a set amount of work on it before I analyze whether to give up or continue. You need to give everything a fair shot of content, implementation and a great deal of marketing before you can make a decision on the viability of the idea.

    If you feel you've done that, it's ok to move on to something else. You're not giving up, you're taking your learnings and implementing it in another venture.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10532952].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      Originally Posted by Engineer2Blogger View Post

      I've tried plenty of business ideas over the last few years I've been online entrepreneuring.

      Some have gone on to make me a lot of money, many have failed miserably.

      With everything that I start I make sure I finish a set amount of work on it before I analyze whether to give up or continue. You need to give everything a fair shot of content, implementation and a great deal of marketing before you can make a decision on the viability of the idea.

      If you feel you've done that, it's ok to move on to something else. You're not giving up, you're taking your learnings and implementing it in another venture.
      The most irony , tricky part I feel is TIME. Yes TIME .

      Sometimes you have been doing this niche for nearly one years yet cannot profit...

      you will be thinking " why , nearly one year , my site still haven't get me some sales...whereas others IM ...by this time already on the boat sailing comfortable "

      Now there is the irony tricky part which I feel ...

      your mind will keep telling .....should I go for another new one? or just continue this for another year to see how if cannot ....I just shut it down that it ! "

      and another year come ..still same result....ok shut down?? or still want to continue ?

      who knows ...

      the problem is TIME and no body will know the real answer.

      all is try and errors ...or keep doing what you have been doing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10533152].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author favconnection
    Originally Posted by Michael Falk View Post

    So I have this website called Round World Travels and I've put a lot of effort and time into it but it really don't make any money or attract many readers. It has over 300 unique articles written from a handful of different people/travelers from all over. The idea was for it to be a community website (built with buddypress) where travelers shared their experiences, adventures, etc.

    Lately I've come to the conclusion that I hate writing when I'm traveling or doing any type of vacation. I like to take pictures and that is all so I'm not really great at providing my own content now. I also sometimes feel like I have too many pans on the fire like I'm trying to get more back to my photography, having a new baby, running two other websites....It's just like.....ahhhhhh, but I feel bad if I just delete it because there are some really good stories, etc on it. Here is a example: Fat and White in China | Round World Travels

    I can't bring myself to let it go but deep down I know I don't have the time to actively manage and bring the website up to what it needs to be.

    Anyone have any advice, suggestions, feedback?

    Thanks!

    I create real community websites from scratch (not with WP).

    I'm about to launch 2 series of websites, the first is for chat and make friends, the other is for language improvement.

    both of them cover more than 10 countries.

    So I think your articles can be interesting for my project.

    If you don't know what to do with them, we can do a partnership, I host them in my sites and I put a link or a button to your site, so when I will work on the promotion you will have more visitors.

    The first part of the project is online but not started yet, I need to create a source of incomes in order to have a minimum to invest in it (that's why I use the forum, I want to learn).

    So I'm in the same situation as you, I have a project but need to promote it, except mine more than a blog.
    But me, my strategy is to learn to create simple/short project that can generate a few incomes.

    Then I will use the little incomes to invest in the promotion of the "real projects" who are supposed to do a few millions, if they work properly.

    The texts on the landing page will be changed i will put more keywords etc for SEO.

    soonchat USA

    Use this login and password if you want to visit the sites (they are in demo mode, all the users with "demo" in their name are not real)

    Login: jack2
    Password: jack2


    So PM me if you think this might be a solution for your site.

    Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10533300].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Falk
      Originally Posted by favconnection View Post

      I create real community websites from scratch (not with WP).

      I'm about to launch 2 series of websites, the first is for chat and make friends, the other is for language improvement.

      both of them cover more than 10 countries.

      So I think your articles can be interesting for my project.

      If you don't know what to do with them, we can do a partnership, I host them in my sites and I put a link or a button to your site, so when I will work on the promotion you will have more visitors.

      The first part of the project is online but not started yet, I need to create a source of incomes in order to have a minimum to invest in it (that's why I use the forum, I want to learn).

      So I'm in the same situation as you, I have a project but need to promote it, except mine more than a blog.
      But me, my strategy is to learn to create simple/short project that can generate a few incomes.

      Then I will use the little incomes to invest in the promotion of the "real projects" who are supposed to do a few millions, if they work properly.

      The texts on the landing page will be changed i will put more keywords etc for SEO.

      soonchat USA

      Use this login and password if you want to visit the sites (they are in demo mode, all the users with "demo" in their name are not real)

      Login: jack2
      Password: jack2


      So PM me if you think this might be a solution for your site.

      Good luck.
      Hey, hows it going. I'm a little confused, like if you host the topics on your site and link back to me then it would be duplicate content for you and probably do you no favors. If I take the content down and you host it then where would the link or button you refer to actually lead? I might be missing something.

      Thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10534442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
    You could simply approach it with a different
    angle.

    Personally, I like videos on adventures that
    inspire to get up and going to get there myself.

    Your blog could be video based where you
    document your own adventures and that of others.

    I would just switch it up without losing your
    personal touch. You have nothing to lose by
    thinking outside the box and being creative.



    Signature
    **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10534101].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Joe Benjamin View Post

      You could simply approach it with a different
      angle.

      Personally, I like videos on adventures that
      inspire to get up and going to get there myself.

      Your blog could be video based where you
      document your own adventures and that of others.

      I would just switch it up without losing your
      personal touch. You have nothing to lose by
      thinking outside the box and being creative.



      Although this would not be my cup of tea, I think it could be very, very effective.

      This Video documentation is something that really engages people and excites them.

      It's infotainment and if you can really develop something like this I think it could be very popular.

      However, most are not committed enough to take on something like this.

      I find , it's either in you or it's not


      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535380].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10534292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Falk
    OK, so two years later, after lots of procrastination, half-hearted attempts and investing my energy elsewhere I've decided to just completely let go and find new direction.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11294840].message }}

Trending Topics