3 months with my new website and Zero earnings, what am I doing wrong? I'm desperate

20 replies
Hi community, I come here to you every time I struggle and looking for new ideas.

This time the struggle is huge and my motivation is going down and down, I really need to start seeing any results, even a couple of dollars, but nothing is happening.

I am putting all my effort on it and I really want to improve it, but I don't know how. I get clicks on my affiliates links but there is no any purchase at all, I'm desperate =(

I will describe my website a little bit below:

Age: 3 months.


Type of website: Affiliate programs (one of those websites teaching you how to earn money online by explaining my success with other websites). I explain how I made possible 300,000 pageviews per month with my other website in less than a year. I promote services and products I have been using and I'm happy with.
I also share my income reports of my other websites.

Pageviews in December: 3,376
My traffic is coming from:
- Direct: 630 sessions
- Reddit: 489
- Referrals (link building): 250
- Facebook: 182
- Disqus: 182
- Warriorforum: 111
- Organic traffic (Google): 45

I currently have 60 email subcribers and 1,000 followers in Pinterest, 1,000 in Twitter and 160 Likes in Facebook.

Domain Authority: 12
Page Authority: 24
Global Rank: 367,000
External backlinks: 443 (none of them is spammy)
Referring domains: 25
Targeted keyword: passive income

I don't post the link of my website here just in case is considered as spam, but if asked I can provide. Also, if you need more info please ask.

I really need help on this warriors please!!
#desperate #earnings #months #website #wrong
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    hi...one thing i have learned is you have to get a coach and i mean a real coach....not a $47 wso or $!00 wso...you need real coaching to get the right list and start making money with it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10534110].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Francisco PIW
      Originally Posted by tristatemedia View Post

      hi...one thing i have learned is you have to get a coach and i mean a real coach....not a $47 wso or $!00 wso...you need real coaching to get the right list and start making money with it.
      Why do I need a coach? Are you saying this based in the information I wrote above?
      If yes, how and where can I find a proper coach?
      I though that most of the information can be find on internet by doing the proper research.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10534163].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author James Baker
        Francisco,

        From what I gather you are driving all this traffic to your blog? In order to understand whats not working we need to understand the flow of your customers.

        And how are you getting optins? free report about your traffic success on your blog? how are you promoting these offers you use? email follow ups? banners?

        If you can provide a bit more information as to how your vistors are interacting with your site it would help!

        James
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10534700].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
          to be frank...

          most traffic , visitors will not convert to buy

          More just lurking around check..

          will be buyers will be back to buy or happen go other people site.

          why don't add Adsense as " back up at least earn some pennies or even more if your site traffic is very high constant "
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10534708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reachintan
    Hello Francis,


    Your blog just looks fine with a nice decent design soothing to eyes.

    However, you still need too many content to let visitors stick to your blog.

    Try to post one article every day (if possible) for a few months.

    Also, after posting each article, promote it extensively on all the topmost social media platforms

    This should not only bring new visitors, but even let existing visitors stick around on your site for a while, ultimately bringing in sales and revenue.

    See if it works and let me know. Most importantly, do not be demotivated.

    Affiliate marketing does take a hell lot of time, but the results are fruitful and worth the wait. My experience tells me this.


    Regards,
    Chintan
    Signature

    Chintan Mehta

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10534804].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Francisco PIW
      Originally Posted by James Baker View Post

      Francisco,
      And how are you getting optins? free report about your traffic success on your blog? how are you promoting these offers you use? email follow ups? banners?

      If you can provide a bit more information as to how your vistors are interacting with your site it would help!

      James
      I offer a Free Guide about "How to create the right Niche Site in 3 steps"

      After the subscription I send automatically an email with the guide (also the guide is received in the "Thank You" page after registration), This email contains a small presentation about myself and a link to my Resources page and another to my Monthly Income Report page too, as it's one of my most popular pages.

      Then, by the end of the email, after my signature, I include a small paragraph in where I include a link to my page "How to create a blog step by step" which contains affiliate link with a hosting company.

      So, in fact, my first email contains 3 links to 3 pages of my website.

      Then, I don't have any followings automated emails, but I send a new email every week to my list (as I said around 60 people) with new links to relevant content and some of them are pages which contain affiliate links.

      Opening rate for my first email is 43% and click rate 10%.
      For my weekly emails the average opening rate is 10-15% and click rate 5%.

      For more information I will leave a link to my website so you can see and judge; however I really hope the forum doesn't delete this thread by considering it as spam, Passive Income Wise - Passive Income Wise

      Also, I would like to ask you about if it's recommended to send affiliate links directly in the weekly emails or if it's better to send links to articles which contain those affiliate links?

      Another thing to comment here is if the number of emails per week should be 1 or greater?


      Originally Posted by reachintan View Post

      Hello Francis,


      Your blog just looks fine with a nice decent design soothing to eyes.

      However, you still need too many content to let visitors stick to your blog.

      Try to post one article every day (if possible) for a few months.

      Also, after posting each article, promote it extensively on all the topmost social media platforms

      This should not only bring new visitors, but even let existing visitors stick around on your site for a while, ultimately bringing in sales and revenue.

      See if it works and let me know. Most importantly, do not be demotivated.

      Affiliate marketing does take a hell lot of time, but the results are fruitful and worth the wait. My experience tells me this.


      Regards,
      Chintan
      Thank you very much for your feedback and tips.

      I can create 2-3 articles per week more or less. Currently I have 16 posts and 4 pages, so a total of 20 articles. I have few questions for your too as I can see you know about the topic:

      - How many articles is considered a decent amount of content? (Considering the articles are high-quality ones)

      - What should be the ratio between "affiliate" posts (posts promoting affiliate products) and informative related posts (posts without affiliate links)?

      - As a draft or initial idea, how long do I expect to start having some income from affiliates if I publish 2-3 articles per week and continue with the same structure and type of articles?

      - So far, I get an average of 45 monthly visits from Google (which is very low) and I'm working on SEO, but the only backlink I can properly do is commenting in other people blogs and in forums. For the niche of my blog, what other places do you suggest me to do backlinks?


      Thank you so much for all, this means a lot for me! =)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535005].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nexstair
    Your First step seems fine where you are receiving views but the next and most important thing is convince them to buy.For this, you need a nice design and good content.That could be an issue i think.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author razorz18
    Hey, try increase traffic using post guest and promoting your blog more. Eventually you will be able to get few affiliate sales to motivate you at least. Probably you could do simple ebook about your passion and try to get what your viewer say (survey) and answer all the question arise. Sale it for dime sale and focus on list building. Even you sale it for $4-$10, at least you guarantee income but no much. Try, if not working, ask for expert like in your income report.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Francisco PIW
      Originally Posted by misterkailo View Post

      Throw some AdSense on there
      This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. But if this continues like this eventually I will add some ads from Adsense.

      Does anybody know the average Adsense CPC for this niche?

      Originally Posted by Nexstair View Post

      Your First step seems fine where you are receiving views but the next and most important thing is convince them to buy.For this, you need a nice design and good content.That could be an issue i think.
      Could you check my website to give me feedback about desing and content please? The link should be above as "Passive Income Wise". Thanks.

      Originally Posted by razorz18 View Post

      Hey, try increase traffic using post guest and promoting your blog more. Eventually you will be able to get few affiliate sales to motivate you at least. Probably you could do simple ebook about your passion and try to get what your viewer say (survey) and answer all the question arise. Sale it for dime sale and focus on list building. Even you sale it for $4-$10, at least you guarantee income but no much. Try, if not working, ask for expert like in your income report.
      When you talk about a "simple ebook", how many pages are coming to your mind?

      I think I have an idea for an eBook, something like "How to create your own monthly income reports to keep track of your income and earn money with affiliate links".

      What do you think about it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535027].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author razorz18
        Originally Posted by Francisco PIW View Post


        When you talk about a "simple ebook", how many pages are coming to your mind?

        I think I have an idea for an eBook, something like "How to create your own monthly income reports to keep track of your income and earn money with affiliate links".

        What do you think about it?
        There is no good reference bout this. The key thing is to provide value. I don't think to put affiliate link will give benefit too much. Yes, you might get few click however focus on branding is better. I mention ebook, but it can be combination ebook + video. The higher value you put on product will make good response and keep you motivate to do more and better in future. And then focus on traffic generation...you can't sale if no one know bout your product!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zjimtiaz
    I think your site is okey but you have not enough convancing content in your site so make it perfect and then the traffic will change into your buyers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535030].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HelenVendo
    What is the niche of your affiliate programs?
    Do you promote the products just by placing banners or do you write some articles about it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535237].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Francisco PIW
      Originally Posted by HelenVendo View Post

      What is the niche of your affiliate programs?
      Do you promote the products just by placing banners or do you write some articles about it?
      I promote the following products as they are products I'm using or I've been using:

      - GoDaddy
      - GetResponse
      - ShareASale
      - Genesis Framework WordPress Theme
      - Grammarly
      - Long Tail Pro
      - Bluehost
      - SemRush

      All of them are in the resources page, in the income reports I sometimes talk about them too.
      Then, I have specific posts for ShareASale and Bluehost ("How to create a blog step by step")

      Also, there are some banners too in the website.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jmferret
    Not sure about your exact products, but when I wrote a little guide (Kindle ebook) about my experience in ecommerce and placed it on my blog just a month ago, I got pretty good number of sales (hundreds) without much promotion (no email list, nothing like that).

    That made me think content matters. Who could've guess.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kavipriya
    Do some good keyword research and find some good keywords (buyer keywords) that has decent search volume (1000-2000) per month and low competition in search engines and write a 1000 word informative article that people love. And repeat doing these things for the other keywords also and build backinks for those pages and after some times some of your pages will start to rank in Google which will ultimately result in some targeted traffic and sales. Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kerunai
    offer report n freebies ...funnel

    get at least 1000 to 5000 suscribers ..do solo ads

    much faster income this way

    offer incentives to warriors to promote your squeeze page..pay per lead

    IM niches are top notch if u can manage to funnel sales but need TLC

    do in depth review products from JVzoo or other JVlaunch

    wish u the best
    Signature

    How to Easily Get 300+ Email Subscribers in the Next 6 Hours
    Why list building no longer works like it used to… and what to do about it

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535293].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Francisco PIW
      Originally Posted by kerunai View Post


      get at least 1000 to 5000 suscribers ..do solo ads
      Do you mean buy or sell solo ads?

      If you mean sell... how could I do it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535359].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
        I explain how I made possible 300,000 pageviews per month with my other website in less than a year.
        I'm seeing a lack of FOCUS on the site.

        One of those links in your sig file for example should go directly to just an opt-in page. Nothing else on the page. The page I'm currently sent to has all kinds of mixed messages going on.

        I'd expect to see more focus on the sole subject of achieving those 300,000 page views. I don't want to get hosting from you. I'd want only to get what ever relates to getting those page views and what products exactly I need for that.

        You've got too much of a mish mash of marketing stuff going on.
        Signature

        "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10535397].message }}

Trending Topics