15 replies
It's been two months now, I am promoting CPA (health/beauty) trial products on my site by giving their reviews. While on the other side, I've seen so many people claiming out that CPA (health/beauty) trial products are totally scam, they make people fool by their trial offer and steal money from their credit card. Is it really happens?
  • Profile picture of the author cooler1
    I've heard this also. I don't think trial products are a scam or reputable CPA networks wouldn't allow them. These claims arise because when some people order they don't read the small print which says they will get re-billed if they don't cancel within a certain period of time.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10565813].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harris96
      Originally Posted by cooler1 View Post

      I've heard this also. I don't think trial products are a scam or reputable CPA networks wouldn't allow them. These claims arise because when some people order they don't read the small print which says they will get re-billed if they don't cancel within a certain period of time.
      I was just trying to find that Is it really happens? And now I'll be cleared.
      Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10565819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deepCode
    I would also bet on a reputable CPA network to minimise that behaviour.

    And if you are really uncomfortable with that practice, you can add your own disclaimer!
    Signature
    Artificial Intelligence meets content marketing

    >>> AI-Writer.com <<<


    You write the headline & our AI writes the article. (FREE while in alpha)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10565818].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harris96
      Originally Posted by deepCode View Post

      I would also bet on a reputable CPA network to minimise that behaviour.

      And if you are really uncomfortable with that practice, you can add your own disclaimer!
      yeah! maybe that's what I did not receive a single action on my every campaign which I promote. But now I'll be cleared for everything.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10565822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ydsimple
    If I am not mistaking on every web page where those companies offer trial products, there is a massage which normally is very hard to notice saying something like "In 7 days if you will keep product for yourself you will be charged $$$ amount of money". Thats how it works .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10565825].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harris96
      Originally Posted by ydsimple View Post

      If I am not mistaking on every web page where those companies offer trial products, there is a massage which normally is very hard to notice saying something like "In 7 days if you will keep product for yourself you will be charged $$$ amount of money". Thats how it works .
      Yeah! I see that one.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10565829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
    Originally Posted by harris96 View Post

    It's been two months now, I am promoting CPA (health/beauty) trial products on my site by giving their reviews. While on the other side, I've seen so many people claiming out that CPA (health/beauty) trial products are totally scam, they make people fool by their trial offer and steal money from their credit card. Is it really happens?
    This could be considered an ethical question you need to determine for yourself.

    You should always look at the pages you are directing people to and only you can determine if you think it is fair.

    Should you or do you feel bad that the traffic you are sending to an offer may not see the fine print - or may not do their own due diligence?
    Signature

    "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10566000].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harris96
      Originally Posted by Jill Carpenter View Post

      This could be considered an ethical question you need to determine for yourself.

      You should always look at the pages you are directing people to and only you can determine if you think it is fair.

      Should you or do you feel bad that the traffic you are sending to an offer may not see the fine print - or may not do their own due diligence?
      Yes, sometimes I really feel bad to send traffic on such type of products but now I'll surely add the disclaimer of every product at the bottom of my site.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10566575].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
        Originally Posted by harris96 View Post

        Yes, sometimes I really feel bad to send traffic on such type of products but now I'll surely add the disclaimer of every product at the bottom of my site.
        Everyone on the web needs to do their own checking of the details and their own due diligence. It's not your responsibility - but at the end of the day you do have to still go to bed with yourself.

        CPA works and you get paid because the companies pay for that information from potential new consumers. Unfortunately, once a company has your phone # and address, it's not typically just the rebill that can be the only future hazard.

        My neighbor a month or so ago found an offer on the web she got for "free" and in addition decided she was going to get into some paid survey work. I've no idea what site she wound up on - but she is now getting calls on her phone daily for all kinds of crap. I'm sure she's about to also get a wave of junk in her PO box too. She's been rebilled, tried to cancel and return stuff and gets a run around.

        As annoying as it is, I don't blame the company - or even the marketer that sent her to what ever it was she wound up doing. And it probably is her fault for not really looking at the fine print on things. But as someone into marketing, I don't like the thought of myself being a possible trigger to someone else getting lots of calls and junk mail and email - so for me I've learned about CPA but it would have to be a last resort as far as a majority of the offers it provides to promote.

        The bulk of what is going on is totally legal. It boils down to what you feel is right for you in the end.

        Those people calling scam most likely didn't read the fine print of what ever they signed up for.
        Signature

        "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10566946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by harris96 View Post

    It's been two months now, I am promoting CPA (health/beauty) trial products on my site by giving their reviews. While on the other side, I've seen so many people claiming out that CPA (health/beauty) trial products are totally scam, they make people fool by their trial offer and steal money from their credit card. Is it really happens?
    This will vary offer by offer.. unfortunately many of the rebill offers will continue to bill and send people product..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10566144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by harris96 View Post

    While on the other side, I've seen so many people claiming out that CPA (health/beauty) trial products are totally scam, they make people fool by their trial offer and steal money from their credit card.
    This is called "hearsay" - even if it is true. The bottom line is.... are you going to test it out for yourself, or be stuck in this black hole called "indecision"?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10566166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chyan007
    Banned
    Originally Posted by harris96 View Post

    It's been two months now, I am promoting CPA (health/beauty) trial products on my site by giving their reviews. While on the other side, I've seen so many people claiming out that CPA (health/beauty) trial products are totally scam, they make people fool by their trial offer and steal money from their credit card. Is it really happens?
    It just depends on which CPA network it is listed .If it is there on a reputable CPA network

    They would never allow such trash to exist

    Hope this makes sense

    Chyanit
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10566595].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imran49
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10567787].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by imran49 View Post

      U can visit this website:REMOVED
      to know more about cpa

      Hey Bright-Spark, self promotion is not allowed.... Your site is in Bengali, this is predominantly an English forum, see the problem???
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10567944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    The bulk of what is going on is totally legal. It boils down to what you feel is right for you in the end.

    Those people calling scam most likely didn't read the fine print of what ever they signed up for.
    Unless you are posing as someone you're not, then online, you are who you associate with. If you hope to have a successful, sustainable online business then you'll need repeat customers and/or a good reputation.

    Although people are responsible for their own actions, many people wish to lay blame on others. They may forever remember you as that guy who sent them to that offer where they made a (possibly costly) mistake.

    I suggest newbies think long and hard about the things they become involved with, before they get involved.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10567962].message }}

Trending Topics