The Sad Irony of Some Reputable Marketers here :(

44 replies
Just felt compelled to write this.

For months, tried getting a hold of a pretty well known and well respected Marketer here at WF to see if I could promote their Products at Warrior Plus

I get his/her emails and wanted to promote his/her Products.

I spent at least 2 weeks sending emails and PMs here Probably close to 7 or 8 messages in total. To talk with her/him about promoting their Products and getting approved.

Very non intrusive and very congenial ( as I always am). Even when I was internally getting very impatient I showed not a hint of it in my emails

But NEVER got a response of any kind from her/him. Ever.

Funny, one of the products that he/she did approve me was a Black Friday product and when he/she did approve that Request it was first week in December

Go figure

It's just weird how some people run their businesses. Puzzling as here I am a reputable Marketer and a Affiliate who could be building her Buyers List for many years to come ( and earning him/her Commissions on my own Backend Sales)

But just NO attempt on her part to communicate back with me !!

Now the last few days I see this person incessantly posting here at WF. And even posting about Subjects that talk about her/him helping others etc..etc..
Good grief !

And it is just really weird and ironic. I'm sure my PMs from 2 and 3 months are still in his/her inbox here at WF.

Maybe there is some sort of excuse that this could be chalked up to? I don't know. I do try to give the benefit of the doubt to people but in this case in all honestly I cannot think of much else other than carelessness or a "I just don't care" attitude

You know that song..." Things that make you go hmmmmm"

Anyway, enough of the small Rant just wanted to vent a little I guess. Sorry if it offends anyone

But also wanted to point out the fact that for all you Marketers out there who want to promote your Products please make sure you are ATTENTIVE to your Affiliates and their Needs. In the end, they can literally mean the difference between Success or Failure for YOU !!

And to everyone let this be a lesson just to move on in a circumstance like this and do not get bogged down by the ineptitude of others



- Robert Andrew
#irony #marketere #marketers
  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    Hmmmmmm....

    It is bad when someone who probably would benefit from building a relationship with you ignores your approaches.

    I have a good client of my offline business who is retired but still very active and professional in their actions.

    They were head of an architectural firm that designed significant projects...Olympic Stadiums etc.

    They tried to contact me three times during a period when my wife had just had a new baby.

    They left repeated messages with staff who did their best to add the contact information to my *system*

    ----flawed-----

    I hadn't responded in about 10 days when I got a message that the client was about to leave me and my services all together if I didn't respond.

    herein lies the lesson.

    Which I am still not totally educated in.

    My client who I totally look unto and absolutely respect, admire and never fail to learn from due to their experience told me of their Briggs Meyers personality type. ENTP http://www.truity.com/view/types

    and they explained how their type of personality would take so much but then explode into revolt.

    I'm grateful, as the marketer who hopefully reads your post should be, that you shared your grievance here.

    the scary thing for me was the client actually had my personal cell and even though they called the number my partner who answered at the time told them I was busy.

    So NO missed call.

    That pissed them off even more.

    I'm lucky I for a second chance and they took me aside and explained how even though their business grew to 240 staff, they always contacted EVERYONE personally within 24 hours whatever the circumstances. Even if just to refer to someone else.

    In fact they shared with me although they were working on concepts all the time and the big picture issues the only other thing they dis was respond to clients and prospects.

    I'm hoping I can live up to their ideals because to be honest I struggle with communication.

    Perhaps the marketer you are contacting has some issues or they have a broken system.

    Hopefully they see this and fix it.

    Before they fail.

    Best regards,

    Ozi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578458].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by discrat View Post

    But just NO attempt on her part to communicate back with me !!

    Robert,

    As much as we wish it would be otherwise, I have come to the conclusion that in IM and in life in general, you worry about the things you can control and let the rest slip on by. Life's too short to lose sleep over how someone else runs her business.

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578477].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      Robert,

      As much as we wish it would be otherwise, I have come to the conclusion that in IM and in life in general, you worry about the things you can control and let the rest slip on by. Life's too short to lose sleep over how someone else runs her business.

      Steve
      Steve,don't worry Iam not losing any sleep on how someone else's running their business

      But on the same token nothing wrong with sharing an Experience if it may help people or provide insight
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578486].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        I assume you tried to contact this person through W+, too?

        Some people have PM's turned off - and I don't know if the system tells you that when you try to contact them.
        Signature

        Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578516].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
        Originally Posted by discrat View Post

        Steve,don't worry Iam not losing any sleep on how someone else's running their business

        But on the same token nothing wrong with sharing an Experience if it may help people or provide insight
        It's a valid point (and I'm an ENTP heh heh)...however, this to me is a lesson simply not to do business with that one individual.

        You're not going to change them. We can only change ourselves.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578520].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author discrat
          Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

          It's a valid point (and I'm an ENTP heh heh)...however, this to me is a lesson simply not to do business with that one individual.

          You're not going to change them. We can only change ourselves.
          Yes, so true Jason. When I saw this person posting today and yesterday my initial knee jerk response was to PM them here.

          But then I came to my senses and said to myself why should I even consider doing business with this person when they have showed such an ineptness since Day 1 in my attempts to work with them !!

          That is another good point to express... "People should just Move On "


          - Robert Andrew
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578535].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TheGMa
          Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

          It's a valid point (and I'm an ENTP heh heh)...however, this to me is a lesson simply not to do business with that one individual.

          You're not going to change them. We can only change ourselves.
          Too funny, Jason. My brother and I are both ENTP's. His attitude when told he can't do something?

          "Damn. That's another thing on my desk I have to take care of."

          - Annie
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585745].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sojourn
        Originally Posted by discrat View Post

        But on the same token nothing wrong with sharing an Experience if it may help people
        And that's the real take-away here - this person may not even realize they've been missing this opportunity.

        The situation highlights just how easy it can be for any business owner to be so busy chasing something and yet miss out completely when it's nearly handed to them.

        I think this is a great reminder that taking a step back every now and then to look for gaps in your business is a good thing.

        Maybe even brainstorming possible gaps could be of interest to other product sellers/business owners. Off the top of my head:
        1. Could important emails be going to spam folders or getting deleted on the server side because of any spam filters/settings?
        2. If you have too many incoming requests to handle (PMs, email, phone, text, Skype, social media, etc) that you're prioritizing some and skipping others you should at least take a day or two to read through what you've been missing. It might signal you need to hire some help if any of those missed communications could lead to new business.
        3. If you're not responding to some requests because you're not interested are you shutting off a future opportunity with that person? Maybe there's an alternative approach you should consider.
        4. Are you not responding because you don't know what to say in your response? If you know you should be responding but have fallen into the habit of not responding because it's easier then you might practice a new habit, develop some simple, canned responses you can fall back on and at least you'll know you've left the door open for the future.
        5. Are you missing out on some automation that could help you manage your business? WarriorPlus/JVZoo auto-approve settings come to mind.
        6. Are you making use of data to understand contact points, success metrics, customer support metrics, and overall results?
        7. If you have an email series, is it working as it should? Is it current/relevant?
        Those are a few I can think of that fit this particular situation although they could apply to any business or site owner. I have some sites that get a lot of comment activity and I just don't get to those comments as I should, for example - missed opportunities, I'm sure....



        I know I'm guilty of a couple of those because of my own Myers-Briggs personality type. (Pretty funny that you mentioned that, Ozi, as I was just talking to my youngest son last week about Myers-Briggs and the different types.)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578564].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author barbling
          Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post

          And that's the real take-away here - this person may not even realize they've been missing this opportunity.
          I would definitely fall under that category myself.

          I just returned yesterday (don't know if I'm the person being referenced) after many months away. And in checking my inbox, I don't see any new messages (however, I might have mass deleted a bunch several months ago).

          From last year until now, I've gone thru massive amounts of character-building/poor health and the like. So whatever spoons I had to give to my business.... responding to email wasn't one of them.

          Your takewaway?

          You never know what's going on in a person's personal life that might detract them from business.

          Best,

          Barb
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10580155].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Sojourn
            Barb, sorry to hear about your situation and I do hope you're feeling better.

            And you've given me an idea for another gap business owners can add to their checklist: how to handle email when one is away.

            This is specifically an issue for one-person set-ups. When we go on vacation or need time away we're still tied to email or left with a giant inbox but it doesn't have to be that way if we come up with a reply tool or process.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10580498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Originally Posted by discrat View Post

    Very non intrusive and very congenial ( as I always am). Even when I was internally getting very impatient I showed not a hint of it in my emails
    - Robert Andrew

    That's the problem Robert you're too nice .....



    Theo...........
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    Robert,

    Sometimes we are just not good fits for other people. Sometimes they see the PM or email and are just too busy to answer - especially if there isn't already a relationship of some sort in place.

    One thing to think about. I rarely ever get involved in some of the wild threads downstairs. There have been a few times where I've not be able to control my temptation so I'll write what's on my mind, post it, and then delete it a few minutes later - normally before anyone notices.

    Why?

    Even though I'm not currently in the IM/MMO niche, that may change. We tell newbies to check past posts and such. Old timers do that too and they may not like my tone or view on something. This may make it harder if not impossible to get them to answer my email or PM.

    Many things get so out of control and nasty that it's just not healthy in my opinion. I see some of these guys in there that must spend all day replying back and forth about something silly like rocks on Mars, stalking lawsuits, police shootings, etc. The crudeness and tone in many threads could turn people off. I get the impression that most of them aren't actively seeking JVs or working the forum's market so it may not matter to them. For those that do or might, it may be good to watch what we say.

    I know that I've had the thought cross through my mind that so and so isn't trustworthy, or they are a jerk, or I would never buy anything from them no matter what it is all based on posts here. Maybe that's right or maybe that's wrong but it's the way a lot of people work I think.

    I'm not saying this is what happened to you or that you or anyone is wrong for anything said in the OT forum. I'm just explaining why I don't get in the middle of some of that junk and saying that this could be a reason for the lack of response. Some people may like what we say upstairs but downstairs comes into the picture too if someone is doing their due diligence.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578546].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

      Robert,

      Sometimes we are just not good fits for other people. Sometimes they see the PM or email and are just too busy to answer - especially if there isn't already a relationship of some sort in place.

      One thing to think about. I rarely ever get involved in some of the wild threads downstairs. There have been a few times where I've not be able to control my temptation so I'll write what's on my mind, post it, and then delete it a few minutes later - normally before anyone notices.

      Why?

      Even though I'm not currently in the IM/MMO niche, that may change. We tell newbies to check past posts and such. Old timers do that too and they may not like my tone or view on something. This may make it harder if not impossible to get them to answer my email or PM.

      Many things get so out of control and nasty that it's just not healthy in my opinion. I see some of these guys in there that must spend all day replying back and forth about something silly like rocks on Mars, stalking lawsuits, police shootings, etc. The crudeness and tone in many threads could turn people off. I get the impression that most of them aren't actively seeking JVs or working the forum's market so it may not matter to them. For those that do or might, it may be good to watch what we say.

      I know that I've had the thought cross through my mind that so and so isn't trustworthy, or they are a jerk, or I would never buy anything from them no matter what it is all based on posts here. Maybe that's right or maybe that's wrong but it's the way a lot of people work I think.

      I'm not saying this is what happened to you or that you or anyone is wrong for anything said in the OT forum. I'm just explaining why I don't get in the middle of some of that junk and saying that this could be a reason for the lack of response. Some people may like what we say upstairs but downstairs comes into the picture too if someone is doing their due diligence.

      Mark
      Mark , I hear you. And agree ( But me, say anything controversial or off the wall in OT ?? humbug )

      The only thing is that she/he did actually approve me for two of their Products at Warrior Plus.

      One I actually got a number of Sales with.

      Go figure
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578553].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
      Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

      Robert,

      Sometimes we are just not good fits for other people. Sometimes they see the PM or email and are just too busy to answer - especially if there isn't already a relationship of some sort in place.

      One thing to think about. I rarely ever get involved in some of the wild threads downstairs. There have been a few times where I've not be able to control my temptation so I'll write what's on my mind, post it, and then delete it a few minutes later - normally before anyone notices.

      Why?

      Even though I'm not currently in the IM/MMO niche, that may change. We tell newbies to check past posts and such. Old timers do that too and they may not like my tone or view on something. This may make it harder if not impossible to get them to answer my email or PM.

      Many things get so out of control and nasty that it's just not healthy in my opinion. I see some of these guys in there that must spend all day replying back and forth about something silly like rocks on Mars, stalking lawsuits, police shootings, etc. The crudeness and tone in many threads could turn people off. I get the impression that most of them aren't actively seeking JVs or working the forum's market so it may not matter to them. For those that do or might, it may be good to watch what we say.

      I know that I've had the thought cross through my mind that so and so isn't trustworthy, or they are a jerk, or I would never buy anything from them no matter what it is all based on posts here. Maybe that's right or maybe that's wrong but it's the way a lot of people work I think.

      I'm not saying this is what happened to you or that you or anyone is wrong for anything said in the OT forum. I'm just explaining why I don't get in the middle of some of that junk and saying that this could be a reason for the lack of response. Some people may like what we say upstairs but downstairs comes into the picture too if someone is doing their due diligence.

      Mark
      LOL I start writing and then delete a post here or on FB at least once a day. Done it already on FB. Wasn't even anything argumentative.

      Pick your battles..."Not my monkeys..."

      @Mark you'll notice I stay out of 99% of those threads in OT.

      Seriously, though: if someone is mad enough from one post that they don't want to talk to you...well, that's something...

      We don't need to hypothesize about the actions or non-actions of others. Reality is, discrat attempted to communicate with this person repeatedly, and they didn't respond. OK. From that, he has four choices (Yes, No, Both, or Neither.)

      In this case, Yes = keep attempting to reach this person. Probable result: frustration.

      No = stop trying to communicate with the individual. Probable result: slight regret, but hey, let's move on.

      Both = wait for awhile, then try communicating again. We really don't know what is going on in their life.

      Neither = wait for awhile, and then not communicate again. Rather silly, obviously, since it has the same effect as No, but it is a logical possibility so I have to include it (Why? Because people usually think there are only two options to any choice, when there are actually these four: Yes, No, Both, or Neither...and that's empowering to realize.)


      Myself, I go with the option that will cause me the least grief in the short term (avoiding near-future pain). Pretty typical in that respect. If I'm feeling particularly enlightened on a given day, I might remember to include long term grief/pain.

      Unless there is some really big electro-magnet reason drawing you powerfully to talk to this person, it's simply just not worth putting yourself through the meat grinder.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578567].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post


        Unless there is some really big electro-magnet reason drawing you powerfully to talk to this person, it's simply just not worth putting yourself through the meat grinder.
        Totally agree, Jason.

        NOTE : Remember guys the only reason why I wrote this or am even thinking about this personal
        issue anymore ( because I put it behind me long ago) was the fact I saw this person start Posting here incessantly since yesterday. And this was the first time I have ever seen his/her Post in probably a Year or so which I thought odd.


        Like I said, just felt compelled today and thought it might make for an interesting and somewhat insightful Thread

        That's all. There is no sweating over this
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578581].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Yeah, I didn't think you were whining. If I had, I wouldn't have responded ;-)

    I think there is valuable info for people to read in this thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
    I've had issues in the past where some of my support ticket notifications ended up in the spam folder and I didn't see the message right away.

    However, I check in at least once a day and find out if there is anything I've missed. I also check other sources that people might contact me through like social media, personal email, etc. That's just basic business management. If you want to achieve the highest level of success possible for your business, you must be very attentive to all aspects of it.

    I would think that if you are running a business that is modeled around using affiliates to make sales and essentially build your buyers list for you, bringing a successful and reputable affiliate on board would rank pretty high on the importance scale.

    If somebody can ignore something that could potentially bring them in steady sales, you have to wonder what their customer service is like. Maybe it's not even worth pursuing a business relationship with them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578717].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by discrat View Post

    Now the last few days I see this person incessantly posting here at WF. And even posting about Subjects that talk about her/him helping others etc..etc..
    Good grief !

    And it is just really weird and ironic. I'm sure my PMs from 2 and 3 months are still in his/her inbox here at WF.
    Don't take it personal. Go and get a 1-hour back massage, then take your wife or girlfriend to a HOT Japanese restaurant, then of course, when the both of you get back home....... turn on an episode of Golden Girls.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10579038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialsite
    Luckily there is thousands of wso you can promote so it's no loss at all. There is tons of other avenues to make money with.
    Signature

    How to get my Backpage Poster Software for Free! PM Me to see how! Also if you need traffic software I have several for sale so just ask.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10579084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Instructor
    Right, can't forget the golden girls, else your night will be ruined Randall haha.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10579124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mattdawg841
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Just means that it wasn't meant to be and that apparently they're doing so well that they don't really need any help?

    Thanks for sharing and best of luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10579193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    Don't get mad, be happy.

    Be happy that you caught their errors before you sent them a single drop of your hard earned traffic.

    Ask yourself this...

    Would you feel comfortable sending your hard earned audience to their business, if they were so unwilling to engage with simple customer service with you?

    You're much better off promoting your own products, OR, finding responsible vendors who care about their audience.

    But where can you find vendors like that?

    It takes footwork.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10579272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    Maybe the person just doesn't like you. LOL. Just kidding, but maybe it's a possibility?

    I would move on though, if they don't care enough, why bother? Or maybe they're like me, when I get a PM I close the little popup thinking I'll check later. Later comes, and I never ended up checking.

    I would be surprised if they knowingly ignored you. You mentioned you brought sales to the person in the past, they should be responsive to you if they're aware you're trying to message.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10579283].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    Banned
    Maybe the person just doesn't like you. LOL. Just kidding, but maybe it's a possibility?
    No accounting for taste...

    I have something like 60 un-read PMs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10579319].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AFMasum
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10579546].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10582149].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
        I learned a long time ago that people do things for their reasons, not ours.

        If I didn't get a response to my first two requests I'd have been gone like a cool breeze. In spite of your protestations that you aren't losing any sleep over it you have devoted time to writing a long post then keeping the thread going with your participation.

        In the end, time is all we have. Why waste it on something that is out of your control?

        Let it go, man... move on. She doesn't care.
        Signature
        If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10582166].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bvwright
        I've got that SAME issue going on right now with an IM here on the WF. And before I call them out, I'd like to give them a chance to at least "try" to notice me as a customer!

        I've already purchased their product and am quite dissatisfied, but I cannot get them to respond to any email, PM, Facebook message...nothing. There are 3 of them (product creators), and there's even a help desk (??), but absolutely NO response within the last 48 hours.
        Signature

        Passive Income Blogger
        Content Marketer

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10582196].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
          I would have replied to whatever threads she was posting to and said, "hey been trying to get a hold of you to promote your products, please get back to me at discrat@blabla.com or whatever ur email is"

          Also not sure if you tried, but probably easier to get a response trying to reach them via Facebook.

          Like I'm pretty sure I saw someone already mention, they just may not have warrior PMs on or have a full inbox and cant get any more messages.
          Signature

          "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

          Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10582205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MSutton
    When you're busy a busy marketer, you can't respond to every PM and every email you get. You have to seek those that benefit you the most and ignore the rest.
    Signature
    Article Spinner with Human Intelligence Built-In!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10579586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by MSutton View Post

      When you're busy a busy marketer, you can't respond to every PM and every email you get. You have to seek those that benefit you the most and ignore the rest.
      I disagree. You shouldn't ignore anyone. First of all, you never know who somebody is until you get to know them, so ignoring people will undoubtedly lead to many missed opportunities. Second, if you help someone or get back to someone, no matter who it is, there is this little thing called "word of mouth," and when one person tells another person how you helped them and recommends your product to them, you may get a new customer, who might tell others, etc. Nowadays, I guess you'd call that viral marketing.

      If you ignore one person and they post about it on their blog, social media, etc, those results can come up when somebody does a search about you, which many people will do before they decide to purchase a product from you. You could have the absolute best product in the world, but all somebody has to do is read about how you never got back to a person and you will probably lose that sale, that customer, and any other recommendations that customer might make to others.

      You should not ignore a single person who takes the time to write to you and ask about your products or services. IMO, anybody who is interested in me, my products, my business, etc, deserves at least a couple of minutes of my time.

      If you cannot get to all of the people that are contacting you about your products, then you probably need some help. Hire a VA.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10580527].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
        Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

        I disagree. You shouldn't ignore anyone. First of all, you never know who somebody is until you get to know them, so ignoring people will undoubtedly lead to many missed opportunities. Second, if you help someone or get back to someone, no matter who it is, there is this little thing called "word of mouth," and when one person tells another person how you helped them and recommends your product to them, you may get a new customer, who might tell others, etc. Nowadays, I guess you'd call that viral marketing.

        If you ignore one person and they post about it on their blog, social media, etc, those results can come up when somebody does a search about you, which many people will do before they decide to purchase a product from you. You could have the absolute best product in the world, but all somebody has to do is read about how you never got back to a person and you will probably lose that sale, that customer, and any other recommendations that customer might make to others.

        You should not ignore a single person who takes the time to write to you and ask about your products or services. IMO, anybody who is interested in me, my products, my business, etc, deserves at least a couple of minutes of my time.

        If you cannot get to all of the people that are contacting you about your products, then you probably need some help. Hire a VA.
        You're right in theory. However, I have worked for and with some of the most popular/well-known marketers and I can tell you they CAN'T answer every single email, PM, IM, etc. You have no idea how many of them some of these marketers get. If they "took the time to answer every one..." they'd literally have no time to run their business.

        I have no idea who Robert is referring to, so this post is not addressing this particular marketer. I'm just pointing out this simple fact - if you have the time to answer every single email, IM, PM, then either you don't get that many or you don't have a particularly busy business...

        Having said that, these marketers who are too busy, should have a responsive support staff. Just like the "Aweber's" of this world (as Aweber was mentioned by another in this thread). I'm sure the owner of Aweber doesn't respond to every message. But a good staff will.
        Signature

        Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585092].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
          Originally Posted by MikeAmbrosio View Post

          You're right in theory. However, I have worked for and with some of the most popular/well-known marketers and I can tell you they CAN'T answer every single email, PM, IM, etc. You have no idea how many of them some of these marketers get. If they "took the time to answer every one..." they'd literally have no time to run their business.

          I have no idea who Robert is referring to, so this post is not addressing this particular marketer. I'm just pointing out this simple fact - if you have the time to answer every single email, IM, PM, then either you don't get that many or you don't have a particularly busy business...

          Having said that, these marketers who are too busy, should have a responsive support staff. Just like the "Aweber's" of this world (as Aweber was mentioned by another in this thread). I'm sure the owner of Aweber doesn't respond to every message. But a good staff will.
          Like I said earlier, if you can't answer every one yourself, hire someone to help you. Ignoring people who have questions about your products, business, etc, is simply foolish and it's terrible business. If a marketer has such a huge business that he/she is getting swamped with messages then surely they can afford to hire a VA.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585650].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
            Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

            Like I said earlier, if you can't answer every one yourself, hire someone to help you. Ignoring people who have questions about your products, business, etc, is simply foolish and it's terrible business. If a marketer has such a huge business that he/she is getting swamped with messages then surely they can afford to hire a VA.

            Agreed. Which is why I said:

            Having said that, these marketers who are too busy, should have a responsive support staff. Just like the "Aweber's" of this world (as Aweber was mentioned by another in this thread). I'm sure the owner of Aweber doesn't respond to every message. But a good staff will.


            Signature

            Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10588475].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
      Originally Posted by MSutton View Post

      When you're busy a busy marketer, you can't respond to every PM and every email you get. You have to seek those that benefit you the most and ignore the rest.
      No. When you are in business, you make sure that all of your t's are crossed and your i's are dotted. Over here in Canada, all of the best performing 'Corporations' make sure that they don't miss a beat.

      The best performing businesses overall in the world, take everything and everyone serious.

      Look at Aweber for an example.

      Aweber responds to every single email. Their customer service is one of the absolute best that I have ever encountered online in the past 10 years.

      They take every single customer or affiliate very seriously.

      This is an excellent post by Robert because it gives you an idea of how simple 'negligence' or even 'ignorance' can make all the difference in staying in the game.

      We see stories of marketers who go from years and years of struggle to 'seeming' overnight successes.

      Then for some reason we hear stories of them losing it all.

      This person who Robert is speaking of seems still eager to make money for themselves.

      I think that because they were too busy chasing the next set of sales that they missed some business with an 'active' duty marketer who knows how to get results online.

      Too bad for them.

      Business is Business and just because this is an Internet Business, doesn't mean that we shouldn't be taking it as serious as a 'traditional' brick and mortar.

      I think this person did Robert a favor.

      Who wants to do business with someone who may not be around next week?
      Signature
      Want to Learn How to Write Your OWN Ticket For Life?
      ==>>ThePowerHouseMarketer.Com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ryan Shaw
    99% of affiliates don't get sales, so I don't talk to them unless I know them or they already gotten a few sales for me. There's 1000's that apply for my products and Im not even looking for them. Don't take it personal, its just people are busy and don't get around to your emails most likely. They will likely be doing things that make more money. Of course, once you send them sales, they will likely talk to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10579696].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MSutton
    Idealistically speaking, I agree 100%. But in the real world it isn't always that simple.

    Besides, like another person already stated, one never knows what's going on in a person's life. They may be in the hospital...or worse.

    You just move on and get on with it. No use in dwelling over it.
    Signature
    Article Spinner with Human Intelligence Built-In!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10580571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Oh great now that song's in my head. THANKS!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10581059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nancy666
    Hi Robert

    I agree entirely with what you are saying.
    You can always come and promote one of my products, I'm very attentive to my affiliates!! LOL
    Signature

    For more IM tips and strategies check out:

    www.luisadrummondonline.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10581345].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reachintan
    Absolutely true. It is a lesson for all the Internet Marketers out there.


    Chintan
    Signature

    Chintan Mehta

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10584962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    if the question/message is ligitimate and it is related to business, I find the time to respond to everyone. (I think it's very important )

    No one respond you? ....simply change your business partner
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585021].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seobro
      I hear you. People do not care. Sadly, it does hurt their company. Don't know how many $7 reports I have bought, but most are pure crap. Basically, I have developed a distaste for the number seven. Like it is so common in scams. Great strategy is to produce for your customers a great user experience. However, most of the people creating reports seem to be ex use car sales men.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585043].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordorules
    Originally Posted by discrat View Post

    to see if I could promote their Products at Warrior Plus
    Hi discrat, what is Warrior Plus? Is it related to Warrior Forum or separate? I've never heard of this. Thanks J
    Signature

    "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585809].message }}

Trending Topics