Landing Page --> ClickBank Offer (? = .com Domain Name?)

36 replies
Hi everyone,

Ok I'm setting up a landing page to promote a ClickBank Affiliate offer (Vender) and I'm wondering. Let's say for example the offer is to do with losing weight.

Let's say the name of the venders domain is "ShredTheWeight.com" now is it beneficial and acceptable for me to use the domain name for example "ShredTheWeightNow.com" or "ShredTheFatOff.com"? Or would it be better to stay completely away from the venders domain name and do something more like "LoseUnlimitedWeight.com".

Also I'm wondering if the psychology of the person clicking on the link would have any affect either before or after they clicked on the link. Or maybe I'm just over thinking this.

Thanks for your help!

J
#&gt #> #clickbank #domain #landing #offer #page
  • Profile picture of the author nwi
    I would suggest that you use ShredTheFatOff.com.

    The domain name seems interesting and it is one of the reasons to gain more customers.

    The people would be curious about it especially those who want to loose weight.

    Of course it has a psychological effect before or after a person clicks a certain link.

    No further explanation, but for me it has.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10584772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordorules
    Ok great thanks! I think I'm over thinking it. J
    Signature

    "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10584780].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
      Originally Posted by jordorules View Post

      Ok great thanks! I think I'm over thinking it. J
      That's the first thing I thought when I read your question.

      There's much bigger factors when it comes to converting / optimization.

      However, if you plan on using a domain similar to the product...

      Be careful of trademark issues.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10584787].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jordorules
        Originally Posted by jamescanz View Post

        There's much bigger factors when it comes to converting / optimization.
        Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree with you about the copyright issues.

        Could you go into greater detail as to the "bigger factors" you mentioned.

        Thanks J
        Signature

        "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10584790].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
          Originally Posted by jordorules View Post

          Could you go into greater detail as to the "bigger factors" you mentioned.
          Headline, body text, picture, call to action link / button, etc.

          With the most important fact being: Is that landing page is profitable.

          As long as you have a domain that isn't completely out of left field...

          It would be the last thing you should look to test (as you have bigger fish to fry, so to speak).
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585111].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jordorules
            Originally Posted by jamescanz View Post

            Headline, body text, picture, call to action link / button, etc.

            With the most important fact being: Is that landing page is profitable.

            As long as you have a domain that isn't completely out of left field...

            It would be the last thing you should look to test (as you have bigger fish to fry, so to speak).
            Got it. Thanks jamescanz! J
            Signature

            "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ahmedezzezz
    I Suggest you Go with This Domain Name "ShredTheFatOff.com" , But If you have More Time Try To Think In a More General Name So as you are not restricted to Only This Product . Got IT ?
    Signature
    A Step By Step Guide To Make 60$/Day With Simple Methods ... 3 Spots Remaining !!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10584795].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jordorules
      Originally Posted by ahmedezzezz View Post

      I Try To Think In a More General Name So as you are not restricted to Only This Product . Got IT ?
      So you mean something like "LoseWeightForBetterHealth.com" or something along those lines??

      Thanks J
      Signature

      "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10584808].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    To *completely* avoid any violations with the vendor's domain name, just go with the example "LoseUnlimitedWeight .com". That way you know you're safe and can breathe easier everyday knowing that you don't have to worry looking over your shoulder all the time.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10584891].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jordorules
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      To *completely* avoid any violations with the vendor's domain name, just go with the example "LoseUnlimitedWeight .com". That way you know you're safe and can breathe easier everyday knowing that you don't have to worry looking over your shoulder all the time.
      Well said Randall and yes I agree with you it's worth it for the piece of mind. Thanks. J
      Signature

      "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585685].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reachintan
    Choose a completely different name because the original domain is not at all worthy enough to be considered as reference.

    I would personally suggest you something like "loseweightquickly.com" or something similar.


    Chintan
    Signature

    Chintan Mehta

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10584974].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by jamescanz View Post

      That's the first thing I thought when I read your question.

      There's much bigger factors when it comes to converting / optimization.

      However, if you plan on using a domain similar to the product...

      Be careful of trademark issues.
      Another thing when aligning too closely with a single product - what happens if the product either goes away or is discredited or the affiliate program gets dropped or...

      With a more original domain name, you can pivot to something new.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585009].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jordorules
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        Another thing when aligning too closely with a single product - what happens if the product either goes away or is discredited or the affiliate program gets dropped or...

        With a more original domain name, you can pivot to something new.
        I can't believe I overlooked this vital point. Thanks JohnMcCabe! J
        Signature

        "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585689].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jordorules
      Originally Posted by reachintan View Post

      Choose a completely different name because the original domain is not at all worthy enough to be considered as reference.

      I would personally suggest you something like "loseweightquickly.com" or something similar.


      Chintan
      Thanks reachintan. J
      Signature

      "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cooler1
    Another reason to use a domain such as "LoseUnlimitedWeight.com" is you can promote multiple products on the same domain, such as Venus Factor, 3 week diet, etc.. instead of only just one product.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585175].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ahmedezzezz
      Originally Posted by cooler1 View Post

      Another reason to use a domain such as "LoseUnlimitedWeight.com" is you can promote multiple products on the same domain, such as Venus Factor, 3 week diet, etc.. instead of only just one product.
      Exactly What i Told Him .. Right Thinking for the Future (Y)
      Signature
      A Step By Step Guide To Make 60$/Day With Simple Methods ... 3 Spots Remaining !!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585595].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jordorules
        Originally Posted by ahmedezzezz View Post

        Exactly What i Told Him .. Right Thinking for the Future (Y)
        Thanks ahmedezzezz! J
        Signature

        "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585700].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jordorules
      Originally Posted by cooler1 View Post

      Another reason to use a domain such as "LoseUnlimitedWeight.com" is you can promote multiple products on the same domain, such as Venus Factor, 3 week diet, etc.. instead of only just one product.
      Totally overlooked that critical point. Thanks cooler1! J
      Signature

      "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    You really want to promote YOU and not focus on the vendor.

    What if they close doors and you have to promote something else? That is why you want a domain name that is unique to you as a marketer.

    Too many affiliates promote their affiliate links all over the internet and then one day the vendor shuts down their website or Clickbank shuts them down. Then what are you going to do?

    You always want to promote YOU and your website. The product is really not important and the best part about getting your own website is that you can work with one affiliate program one day and change it anytime you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordorules
    Great advice and I completely agree thanks! J
    Signature

    "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordorules
    Hello everyone, I know I'm going over this question again but I just want to be sure I have every aspect of it clear. I have included some websites where I make no money from or have no affiliate with in any way. It's the best way to get this point across.

    Let's say I'm considering doing a website business to do with ClickBank.

    Now I know these first two sites are owned by a very savvy internet marketer and I don't think he would put himself at risk of copyright infringement. Or maybe he over looked it or maybe it wasn't such a big deal in the early days and in the future big companies lawyers will be sharks on these situations and take down these types of companies.

    ClickBankSuccessForum.com
    and
    ClickBankGuide.com

    Now this site below has used the name Click which is fine and they have ClickBank in their slogan. Now is this ok or still an infringement?

    ClickScoop.com

    This company is playing it completely safe but then again at the same time there is no real understanding that they are to do with ClickBank unless it's someone who is experienced with ClickBank. Or does that even matter?

    CBEngine.com

    OR

    Would it be better to start your own branded name that still communicated the idea of what it does such as:

    DigitalProductsResource.com

    I guess in the end I keep hearing that voice in my head saying "why take the risk?".


    Thanks for your answers I really appreciate it!
    Signature

    "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10589403].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      If you really need a definitive answer, the only ones who can give it to you are the folks at Clickbank.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10592672].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author T S Chan
    My suggestion is to choose a domain name that matches the free content you're giving away in your landing page.

    ie: title of your free content "Lose That Extra Fat Now", your domain name: LoseThatExtraFatNow.com

    You can promote multiple affiliate products related to weight loss in your free content or autoresponder series, don't have to limit to only one clickbank product.

    Hope it helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10592699].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tathithoa
      Originally Posted by T S Chan View Post

      My suggestion is to choose a domain name that matches the free content you're giving away in your landing page.

      ie: title of your free content "Lose That Extra Fat Now", your domain name: LoseThatExtraFatNow.com

      You can promote multiple affiliate products related to weight loss in your free content or autoresponder series, don't have to limit to only one clickbank product.

      Hope it helps
      I agree with you. you can use LoseThatExtraFatNowreview.com or LoseThatExtraFatNowbonus.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10593240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordorules
    Great advice thanks! J
    Signature

    "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10593193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Popche
    Just do what you wanna do they don't have that authority. You are helping them grow which they won't be minding, trust me that is a big plus for them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10593508].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cooler1
      Originally Posted by Popche View Post

      Just do what you wanna do they don't have that authority. You are helping them grow which they won't be minding, trust me that is a big plus for them.
      Bad advice.

      They do have authority if someone is using their trademarks.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10594112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    pay attention to => trademark

    another thing:
    Bing/Yahoo can give you primary positions on them if your domain name has keywords inside it (I mean rich keywords on domain name)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10594132].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jordorules
      Originally Posted by maxsi View Post

      pay attention to => trademark

      another thing:
      Bing/Yahoo can give you primary positions on them if your domain name has keywords inside it (I mean rich keywords on domain name)
      maxsi. Could you give me an example? Thanks J
      Signature

      "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10594238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ydsimple
    Name of your domain name is not that important when it comes to conversion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10594346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordorules
    Hi everyone, so if I'm going to join an affiliate program to promote some people say don't worry about getting my own domain and others say get my own domain. Does it really make much difference? Or can I just put the domain of the vender in the appearance so that is what the clicker sees but is actually routed my my unique URL. Is this possible? Legal with Google and other search engines? Or for example would it be best to just for $12 a year get my own domain name very close to what the original domain was like for example: If vender is BrightWhiteTeeth.com then I could go with WhitenYourTeeth.com.

    That said I would prefer to not get a domain for every single landing page if I didn't have too as it can add up if your doing a lot of them.

    Any input is appreciated. Thanks J
    Signature

    "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10643711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zakirnaik
    good advice here !!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10643726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sean DeSilva
    Be mindful of what your page URLs are because those can affect CTRs!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10643746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Leli
    Ask the vendor first! Most will be happy for you to do so, but some are strongly against using their brand name in your domain, ads, etc...
    Signature
    * CLICKBANK: New Weight Loss Offer From Platinum Vendor *
    Lose Weight WITHOUT Diets or Exercise!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10643799].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordorules
    Thanks Sean and Leli!

    Sean could you elaborate a little on what you mean? Thanks! J
    Signature

    "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10645121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordorules
    I was told by The Landing Page Dude to just get a domain. It's only $12 a year. So that is what I'll do then. Thanks J
    Signature

    "Whether you believe you can or can't ... You're right." - Henry Ford, CEO, Ford Motor Company

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10645122].message }}

Trending Topics