Noob help - Affiliate Website with no profit

26 replies
Thanks for opening my post. Right off the bat, I'm sure this is in the wrong area on the site and/or there have been answers to my questions already, but I've been lurking this site for a year or so now and am now deciding to post my own situation.

Basics: Age 24, work full time. Above average with computers overall.

Need help with: Getting to the next level with my affiliate website (Making my first dollar. Main affiliate link is hosting. Need to understand next steps to take.

My IM skill level: Tad above beginner. I own one website, which is a BIG niche (how to make a website).

Site: http://how2makeasite.com/ WordPress running a premium theme with roughly 10 plugins. Hosting through HostGator

Budget: Whatever it takes realistically to get my site making money

Summary: I have owned the site for about 3 years now working on and off. Very focused this year on getting everything "straight." Tried messing with Facebook Ads and Adwords but didn't work so well because I don't understand targeting that great. Spent about $150 between the two, which isn't a lot, I know. Site has a Facebook page and Instagram that are VERY weak. I understand YouTube is a great place to market and have posted one low quality vid that I'm not willing to share lol, but will be getting better. Also experimented with AdSense which I think is great but most likely not going to post on my home page at least because it's a tad tacky.

Concerns: Niche type and SEO mainly. Yoast is connected and working, but just doesn't seem to be enough. Is anyone JUST using the Yoast plugin? Really worried Google doesn't know enough about my site. Webmaster tools is connected and up to date, but I'm clearly doing something wrong. Overall, just confused on what to do next as far as marketing and getting the website more in front of the SERPs.

1. Is my niche too large? If so, what can I do to boost my rankings? Let's say money isn't a factor.
2. Website ugly overall? Colors flow, etc.
3. Build an email list already? If so, it's difficult with barely any organic visits.
4. Focus on social marketing, paid, or both?
Sorry, lots of questions there. Thanks in advance for any replies.
- Ryan
#affiliate #noob #profit #website
  • Profile picture of the author quadagon
    Hi you've chosen a great market and one I have a little involvement in.

    In the past I've taught the following method to people and use it myself with a side business. I honestly pay the site next to no attention now and still make between $300 - $500 a week.

    The first thing is that you need to have a mind shift from selling hosting to supply a solution to a customer. Hosting is a means to an end you are here to help them do something - what exactly you are here to help them with is the next part of the equation.

    Niche down - way down. Ask yourself who wants a website building and make a list of everyone you can think of so:
    • Local sport teams
    • Schools
    • Charities
    • Art Organisations
    • Etc etc

    Then keep going so split art organisations into independent film makers, painters, singer etc.

    Head over to google keyword planner and see what the traffic is for terms like build an actors website or create an artist website and so on.

    Don't be worried by small search results.

    A friend I taught this to has a combined search volume of 90 per month (wowzers) but still makes about $500 per month doing nothing.

    If you are targeting these small search terms then you need to create a unique website for each niche. You'll find that seo is easier as the market is less competitive allowing you to get organic traffic.

    You can also be proactive and approach people there are loads of companies on sites like yell that have no website. It'll be easier to approach these businesses with a free course.

    I know one person who actually prints out booklets and sends them to plumbers showing how to get to the top of google local search. The book contains links to each affiliate site hidden with a tiny.cc link. It cost something like £2 for the booklet

    Another way to get traffic is to jv with organisations. If you specialise in junior soccer websites see if you can partner with a youth league.

    For this to work your site has to be top class and should include a portfolio section where you show what kind of site they can build. (I actually built half a dozen sites for the portfolio section and went to a dozen web designers and asked them how much it would cost to get a site like this done - worth mentioning on your website).

    On your site offer them a free course in how to build a website for 'xyz'. This is where the money is.

    You'll deliver the course via autoresponder allowing them to do a bit at a time or for an additional one off fee they get the full course now. The course should be a mixture of videos and pdfs. Make it step by step and idiot proof.

    The course needs to be amazing value and address the customers need whilst setting yourself up as the authority in this space.

    During the course you will teach them how to create a wordpress site, teach them basic seo and integrate social. The course has to be more about them then about you and your offers.

    and here is how you earn.[list][*]Domain Name and Hosting Affiliate Program $125 (ipage)[*]Wordpress Theme $50 (mythemeshop)[*]Kozzi/Graphic Stock Free Trail $10 each[*]Fivverr Gig $14[*]Constant Contact $100

    If they take each affiliate program you've earned $309

    If you ignore the above then looking at your site its quite thin and more about you.

    Perhaps add reviews or comparison tables there is little presale of the affiliate going on.

    I'd certainly look at a new theme or maximising your existing one, if i came to your site I'd bounce quite quickly to be honest.

    Hope this helps

    Any specific questions just ask on here.
    Signature
    I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10598862].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
      Quadagon,

      Thank you so much for this in-depth reply! I will follow your recommendations and get back to this post with an update when I edit everything (Ill have to research how to do some things.) I do have a couple of follow up questions if you don’t mind.

      For the free course – Create a more detailed step by step guide in a PDF and have a couple videos explaining what you mentioned (SEO , social media, WordPress etc.) and have those YouTube videos embedded within the PDF? I would have a couple of steps and provide affiliate links like hosting on the free version and ask them to email me for the complete version with a fee? Did I understand correctly?

      So I should get rid of anything sales related on my page and only have the email request form? Have most of my links on the free course guide?

      Recommend paying for an auto responder right now even though I don’t have an email list yet?

      As far as my side “design”, would you not have the different color blocks go the entire width of the page or what would you change?

      Thanks again, I REALLY appreciate it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600059].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by ryanthepr0 View Post

        Quadagon,

        Thank you so much for this in-depth reply! I will follow your recommendations and get back to this post with an update when I edit everything (Ill have to research how to do some things.) I do have a couple of follow up questions if you don’t mind.

        For the free course – Create a more detailed step by step guide in a PDF and have a couple videos explaining what you mentioned (SEO , social media, WordPress etc.) and have those YouTube videos embedded within the PDF? I would have a couple of steps and provide affiliate links like hosting on the free version and ask them to email me for the complete version with a fee? Did I understand correctly?

        So I should get rid of anything sales related on my page and only have the email request form? Have most of my links on the free course guide?

        Recommend paying for an auto responder right now even though I don’t have an email list yet?

        As far as my side “design”, would you not have the different color blocks go the entire width of the page or what would you change?

        Thanks again, I REALLY appreciate it!
        In all due respect, it seems like you are falling into the trap of "fake it till you make it ".

        You are supposed to be an Authority on building a basic but complete Website and you are still debating whether to have an Autoresponder or not ???

        And you are trying to teach others how to build a Site when you cannot even decide on your own design and how to build your own ????

        This should already be in place and you should have a whole lot of experience with all this . Years , imo if you are an expert in it



        - Robert Andrew
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10601642].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
          Originally Posted by discrat View Post

          In all due respect, it seems like you are falling into the trap of "fake it till you make it ".

          You are supposed to be an Authority on building a basic but complete Website and you are still debating whether to have an Autoresponder or not ???

          And you are trying to teach others how to build a Site when you cannot even decide on your own design and how to build your own ????

          This should already be in place and you should have a whole lot of experience with this . Years , imo if you are an expert in it



          - Robert Andrew
          Don't need any negativity. Theme is in place...just asking for peoples opinions on tweaks if they don't like it. I am obviously here because I need help. And yes, I am just NOW figuring out how important an email list and autoresponder is. Either way, still glad I wrote what I wrote, I know more now than this time last week.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10601663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Belhadj Massinissa
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10598970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AlexCN
      First off, it was a breath of fresh air to see a question with such a
      detailed list of problems and exactly where you are at.

      That shows you are obviously serious, and serious questions warrant
      detailed answers.

      The advice quadagon has given above it solid, and I'd like to
      expand on it just a bit, and perhaps take it in just a slightly different direction.

      Your market is just fine, as there are plenty of people coming online daily
      that need to learn the basics, and a web presence is definitely a priority.

      You have a few problems right now if your aim is to get organic traffic
      (which it should be as PPC in this market is quite expensive, although there
      are also some tricks for that).

      Your #1 problem is listed below:

      1. You are trying to compete with GIANTS who have multi-million dollar monthly
      budgets to spend on advertising, SEO, and incredible content distribution. They also
      have amazing brand recognition & testimonials. To make matters worse, you are trying to do take them all on with an extremely thin site.

      What you are doing I would liken to trying to fight off the Roman Army by yourself
      with a plastic fork and spoon.

      Good luck.

      You will never gain 'organic traffic' traction with what you are doing. The only
      way to succeed with what you have going right now will be with paid traffic, and
      even then it's a longshot, will require many tweaks to your site, and a huge budget for
      testing on optimizing.

      What I suggest you do, is start building your site out with useful content.

      What kind of content?

      Content that will both help your website visitors, and impress the search engines
      so you can start getting some of that much desired organic traffic that you need.

      Will it be easy?

      Heck no it won't.

      Will it be impossible?

      Absolutely not, especially if you have a budget to outsource some fantastic content
      like it sounds you might.

      You need to break this market into bite-sized pieces. As stated above, 'learn to build
      a website' is one of the most brutally competitive markets online.

      I suggest an approach similar to the one suggested by the poster above, but simplified.

      Instead of targeting groups of people that need websites (which btw will also work well)
      I suggest concentrating your efforts on 'how to make website' terms that people are actively searching for.

      You can use Google Suggest, or you could also use a tool like Keyword.io,
      which will scrape a bunch of long tail KW suggestions in your niche.

      Your niche is 'How to make a website'.

      Here are some ideas on KW's to target:

      How to make an affiliate website
      how to make an auction website
      how to make an html website
      how to make a jewelry website
      how to make a dynamic website using java
      how to make a chatroom website
      how to make a mary kay website
      how to make a review website

      These are just a few ideas thrown out to start with, but all of these KW's have
      people actively searching them.

      The good news is that these KW's are HIGHLY TARGETED. If you can make a great article highlighting key points to keep in mind for building each of these types of sites, your website visitors will owe you a debt of gratitude. You will have taught them exactly what they need to do in order to proceed and some 'best practices' to keep in mind for each kind of website you are going to teach people about!

      Research the heck out of each KW. Take notes from all over they web on best practices, and key things to keep in mind when building each type of site.

      Create a highly useful article highlighting everything you were able to find online for
      each of your KW's.

      Create a quick video walk-through of your key points.

      Have a NEW WEBSITE PAGE that targets each and every one of these KW's.

      Post your article and helpful images along with your video on your page.

      Call your page a "How to Make an X Website Learning Center"

      For each article, but your MAIN KW into Google KW planner. Get the most commonly associated LSI KW's for your main KW. Put all of those LSI KW's into your article.

      Soon, you will have a highly targeted, extremely useful website that Google simply
      won't be able to ignore.

      Next, at the bottom of each of your 'Learning Centers' put in a resources
      box. This is where you can place in all of your affiliate links and review why each
      of your suggestions is important.

      You can bring your resource box from one learning center to the next with probably
      just a few slight variations depending on the KW you are targeting for that page.

      ************************************************** ***********
      In your resource box, DON'T JUST HAVE AFFILIATE LINKS! Post Links to OTHER
      useful and helpful resources that your visitors might find handy when it comes time to build out their sites...
      ************************************************** ***********

      If you want to take this to the next level, and start earning a residual income from your visitors, add in a membership site to your existing site (or start a different site just for this purpose) and promote it within your resource box.

      What should your membership site be about?

      Learning Wordpress in and out!

      There are some incredible resources here on the Warrior Forum in order to help you accomplish that. PLR/ Whitelabel type stuff that would be perfect for you.

      Best,
      Alex
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599447].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author streamview
        Hi ryanthepr0

        My question to you , do you like to teach people how to make websites and help them doing it ? or just you want to make money?

        I will try to help you achieve what you want , because you reminded me of myself when I started ,how difficult it was .

        this explanation is very basic and not complicated.

        1- First of all delete your theme - Template .
        2- search for any article ( eBook , or video ) with give away rights .
        3-upload the sale site ( eBook and sale letter) to your domain.
        4- offer the eBook free .( don't take money) !
        5- before they download your eBook they have to confirm their email address.
        6- you need email auto respond-er (either free one or paid one) start with free one until you understand the game.
        7-use face book ( create new page) send all your friends to this page.
        8- you will be giving this ebook for free and be collecting emails.
        week later
        9- send them more free items.

        attach your hostgator affillated link somewhere in your sales letter
        you can write ( by the way if you need hosting company use this code for 10% off)
        10- now they are getting used to your email adddress.
        3 weeks later
        11- send them 1 item that you are selling ( any plr ebook) with some bonuses.


        12 - depends on how much work on traffic you did and how much you collected emails , then at least you have to do 1 sale per 100 emails.

        hope this will give you idea to which road you go from start.

        this was very very basic , and when you do 100 sale then you move to next step.

        don't just keep buying materials to learn how to do money , maybe buy one and concentrate how to apply the method.

        to your success
        Streamview
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599508].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
          Originally Posted by streamview View Post

          Hi ryanthepr0

          My question to you , do you like to teach people how to make websites and help them doing it ? or just you want to make money?

          I will try to help you achieve what you want , because you reminded me of myself when I started ,how difficult it was .

          this explanation is very basic and not complicated.

          1- First of all delete your theme - Template .
          2- search for any article ( eBook , or video ) with give away rights .
          3-upload the sale site ( eBook and sale letter) to your domain.
          4- offer the eBook free .( don't take money) !
          5- before they download your eBook they have to confirm their email address.
          6- you need email auto respond-er (either free one or paid one) start with free one until you understand the game.
          7-use face book ( create new page) send all your friends to this page.
          8- you will be giving this ebook for free and be collecting emails.
          week later
          9- send them more free items.

          attach your hostgator affillated link somewhere in your sales letter
          you can write ( by the way if you need hosting company use this code for 10% off)
          10- now they are getting used to your email adddress.
          3 weeks later
          11- send them 1 item that you are selling ( any plr ebook) with some bonuses.


          12 - depends on how much work on traffic you did and how much you collected emails , then at least you have to do 1 sale per 100 emails.

          hope this will give you idea to which road you go from start.

          this was very very basic , and when you do 100 sale then you move to next step.

          don't just keep buying materials to learn how to do money , maybe buy one and concentrate how to apply the method.

          to your success
          Streamview
          Streamview,

          Thank you for this reply! I like how you mentioned the time frame details, this was a great help. As far as free autoresponders, what would you recommend? I've noticed Awebber for a long time and don't mind paying because I plan on doing this for a long time, but like saving money too, so I'm all ears.

          For the eBooks, I googled "ebooks with giveaway rights" and found a couple different sites that seem good, but since I have no experience with that, do you have any recommendations? Thanks

          Oh, and yes, I do enjoy teaching people when I understand it. Makes me feel good helping others. Also, the money is nice but not everything. I chose this niche because I was confused originally on how to make a site.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600211].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author streamview
            Originally Posted by ryanthepr0 View Post

            Streamview,

            Thank you for this reply! I like how you mentioned the time frame details, this was a great help. As far as free autoresponders, what would you recommend? I've noticed Awebber for a long time and don't mind paying because I plan on doing this for a long time, but like saving money too, so I'm all ears.

            For the eBooks, I googled "ebooks with giveaway rights" and found a couple different sites that seem good, but since I have no experience with that, do you have any recommendations? Thanks

            Oh, and yes, I do enjoy teaching people when I understand it. Makes me feel good helping others. Also, the money is nice but not everything. I chose this niche because I was confused originally on how to make a site.
            Hi

            I advice you to start with MailChimp. its free. when you get used to your system then you jump to Aweber.

            some people join membership site you can google plr membership, and you will find a lot. then download what you like.
            but if you want to test first , I can send you free ( one of product I have ) so you can do your test funnel , and try your method of driving traffic.
            if you find good result , then you are good to go and clone your setup with new domain and new product.

            regards
            Streamview
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600710].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
              Originally Posted by streamview View Post

              Hi

              I advice you to start with MailChimp. its free. when you get used to your system then you jump to Aweber.

              some people join membership site you can google plr membership, and you will find a lot. then download what you like.
              but if you want to test first , I can send you free ( one of product I have ) so you can do your test funnel , and try your method of driving traffic.
              if you find good result , then you are good to go and clone your setup with new domain and new product.

              regards
              Streamview
              Streamview,

              Forgot I just signed up with MailChimp last week, D'OH. I'll use them for the time being. As far as the rest of what you said I dont follow, but thanks for the help.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10601622].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
        Originally Posted by AlexCN View Post

        First off, it was a breath of fresh air to see a question with such a
        detailed list of problems and exactly where you are at.

        That shows you are obviously serious, and serious questions warrant
        detailed answers.

        The advice quadagon has given above it solid, and I'd like to
        expand on it just a bit, and perhaps take it in just a slightly different direction.

        Your market is just fine, as there are plenty of people coming online daily
        that need to learn the basics, and a web presence is definitely a priority.

        You have a few problems right now if your aim is to get organic traffic
        (which it should be as PPC in this market is quite expensive, although there
        are also some tricks for that).

        Your #1 problem is listed below:

        1. You are trying to compete with GIANTS who have multi-million dollar monthly
        budgets to spend on advertising, SEO, and incredible content distribution. They also
        have amazing brand recognition & testimonials. To make matters worse, you are trying to do take them all on with an extremely thin site.

        What you are doing I would liken to trying to fight off the Roman Army by yourself
        with a plastic fork and spoon.

        Good luck.

        You will never gain 'organic traffic' traction with what you are doing. The only
        way to succeed with what you have going right now will be with paid traffic, and
        even then it's a longshot, will require many tweaks to your site, and a huge budget for
        testing on optimizing.

        What I suggest you do, is start building your site out with useful content.

        What kind of content?

        Content that will both help your website visitors, and impress the search engines
        so you can start getting some of that much desired organic traffic that you need.

        Will it be easy?

        Heck no it won't.

        Will it be impossible?

        Absolutely not, especially if you have a budget to outsource some fantastic content
        like it sounds you might.

        You need to break this market into bite-sized pieces. As stated above, 'learn to build
        a website' is one of the most brutally competitive markets online.

        I suggest an approach similar to the one suggested by the poster above, but simplified.

        Instead of targeting groups of people that need websites (which btw will also work well)
        I suggest concentrating your efforts on 'how to make website' terms that people are actively searching for.

        You can use Google Suggest, or you could also use a tool like Keyword.io,
        which will scrape a bunch of long tail KW suggestions in your niche.

        Your niche is 'How to make a website'.

        Here are some ideas on KW's to target:

        How to make an affiliate website
        how to make an auction website
        how to make an html website
        how to make a jewelry website
        how to make a dynamic website using java
        how to make a chatroom website
        how to make a mary kay website
        how to make a review website

        These are just a few ideas thrown out to start with, but all of these KW's have
        people actively searching them.

        The good news is that these KW's are HIGHLY TARGETED. If you can make a great article highlighting key points to keep in mind for building each of these types of sites, your website visitors will owe you a debt of gratitude. You will have taught them exactly what they need to do in order to proceed and some 'best practices' to keep in mind for each kind of website you are going to teach people about!

        Research the heck out of each KW. Take notes from all over they web on best practices, and key things to keep in mind when building each type of site.

        Create a highly useful article highlighting everything you were able to find online for
        each of your KW's.

        Create a quick video walk-through of your key points.

        Have a NEW WEBSITE PAGE that targets each and every one of these KW's.

        Post your article and helpful images along with your video on your page.

        Call your page a "How to Make an X Website Learning Center"

        For each article, but your MAIN KW into Google KW planner. Get the most commonly associated LSI KW's for your main KW. Put all of those LSI KW's into your article.

        Soon, you will have a highly targeted, extremely useful website that Google simply
        won't be able to ignore.

        Next, at the bottom of each of your 'Learning Centers' put in a resources
        box. This is where you can place in all of your affiliate links and review why each
        of your suggestions is important.

        You can bring your resource box from one learning center to the next with probably
        just a few slight variations depending on the KW you are targeting for that page.

        ************************************************** ***********
        In your resource box, DON'T JUST HAVE AFFILIATE LINKS! Post Links to OTHER
        useful and helpful resources that your visitors might find handy when it comes time to build out their sites...
        ************************************************** ***********

        If you want to take this to the next level, and start earning a residual income from your visitors, add in a membership site to your existing site (or start a different site just for this purpose) and promote it within your resource box.

        What should your membership site be about?

        Learning Wordpress in and out!

        There are some incredible resources here on the Warrior Forum in order to help you accomplish that. PLR/ Whitelabel type stuff that would be perfect for you.

        Best,
        Alex
        AlexCN,

        Thank you so much for this awesome response!

        For each new domain, won't the names be too long? Ex. "how to make a jewelry website" Or are you saying have my main website with a page for jewelry, Mary Kay, chatroom, etc? I know you capitalized "NEW WEBSITE PAGE", just double checking I understand correctly.

        Having multiple domains, let's say 5, make me feel slightly overwhelmed even though I don't mind putting in the work. Do you think having this many domains with my "skill" level would be too much?

        Also, not sure how to turn part of my site into a membership site, but will look into this.

        Thanks again.

        - Ryan
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600139].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AlexCN
          Originally Posted by ryanthepr0 View Post

          AlexCN,

          Thank you so much for this awesome response!

          For each new domain, won't the names be too long? Ex. "how to make a jewelry website" Or are you saying have my main website with a page for jewelry, Mary Kay, chatroom, etc? I know you capitalized "NEW WEBSITE PAGE", just double checking I understand correctly.

          Having multiple domains, let's say 5, make me feel slightly overwhelmed even though I don't mind putting in the work. Do you think having this many domains with my "skill" level would be too much?

          Also, not sure how to turn part of my site into a membership site, but will look into this.

          Thanks again.

          - Ryan
          Hey Ryan,

          No. The highest and best use of your time would be so simply build off of
          ONE site. You want to have each of the Keywords you research as a separate page,
          or Hub, under the umbrella of ONE site.

          The advice in the previous post was to build out a bunch of different sites, each one focused on a different group of people looking to build sites.

          I think you will have more success just doing one larger authority site with dozens
          of 'branches' on a much larger tree.

          Not only will it simplify things for you, Google really likes sites structured in this way
          so eventually (with the right content in place) you will start to get hordes of
          targeted organic traffic.

          Alex
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600475].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
            Originally Posted by AlexCN View Post

            Hey Ryan,

            No. The highest and best use of your time would be so simply build off of
            ONE site. You want to have each of the Keywords you research as a separate page,
            or Hub, under the umbrella of ONE site.

            The advice in the previous post was to build out a bunch of different sites, each one focused on a different group of people looking to build sites.

            I think you will have more success just doing one larger authority site with dozens
            of 'branches' on a much larger tree.

            Not only will it simplify things for you, Google really likes sites structured in this way
            so eventually (with the right content in place) you will start to get hordes of
            targeted organic traffic.

            Alex
            This is such a great idea! What would you recommend me putting on my main page as far as content? And I would be concerned that these different pages would start to sound similar in how to create their version of a site; the majority of the steps anyways.

            Ryan
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    The site doesn't teach how to build a website. It gives an overview of how to register a domain and buy hosting.

    You don't even walk them through installing WP. It's not just the one click to actually install. Complete newbies need to be shown every step.

    Suggestion: Build a simple site, from registering a domain and hosting straight through having the site online. Record screen-capture videos of the entire process. Post the videos on your site and offer them free to people who buy domain and hosting through your link.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599466].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      The site doesn't teach how to build a website. It gives an overview of how to register a domain and buy hosting.

      You don't even walk them through installing WP. It's not just the one click to actually install. Complete newbies need to be shown every step.

      Suggestion: Build a simple site, from registering a domain and hosting straight through having the site online. Record screen-capture videos of the entire process. Post the videos on your site and offer them free to people who buy domain and hosting through your link.
      Brent,

      Thanks for the feedback. I now understand I need to be way more in-depth and less "salesy." You said post the videos on my site but offer them for free when they purchase through my link? Do you mean as a download? If so, the videos are already on my site, why would they need to download. Sorry I don't understand what you mean

      Also, I do see others recording the entire process of purchasing a domain and hosting etc. but how do they get into the admin section? Are people actually purchasing real domains and hosting just for a how to video?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amaziff
    Very useful tips in the thread. I agree with building mail list that is very important.

    After quick look on the page I did not see clean links to social networks, maybe they are there somewhere but I just did not see them (you are writing about weak FB and IG pages). That is also very important - to built some social network community. But it takes lot of time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599556].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
      Originally Posted by amaziff View Post

      Very useful tips in the thread. I agree with building mail list that is very important.

      After quick look on the page I did not see clean links to social networks, maybe they are there somewhere but I just did not see them (you are writing about weak FB and IG pages). That is also very important - to built some social network community. But it takes lot of time.
      I will continue to grow my networks and add them to my website even though they do not have many followers. Thank you for the reply
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    Other than the content as others have mentioned I would look at formatting your site. If I landed on your site for information I would probably leave in less than a minute.

    First section the text is centered, then the next it is left justified, then the next centered, etc. etc. Each section has a different background color and text color. You need to lock the artist in the closet and make the site at least readable. Then tackle the content issues as mentioned in earlier posts

    al
    Signature

    Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
    ~Jack Handey~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      Other than the content as others have mentioned I would look at formatting your site. If I landed on your site for information I would probably leave in less than a minute.

      First section the text is centered, then the next it is left justified, then the next centered, etc. etc. Each section has a different background color and text color. You need to lock the artist in the closet and make the site at least readable. Then tackle the content issues as mentioned in earlier posts

      al
      Everything is legible on the two screens I test with, but will continue to test other screen resolutions and browsers. I was trying to make everything more "fun", but I do agree its a little too much. Thanks for the feedback.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600157].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author agmccall
        Originally Posted by ryanthepr0 View Post

        Everything is legible on the two screens I test with,
        legible and readable are 2 totally different things. The format is truly off putting when trying to read. especially the alternating background and text colors. Simple black text with white backgrounds would be much better. Use images to separate the different sections. As well the centered text is difficult to read. If you want your visitors to stay and possibly bookmark your site then fix the formatting.

        al
        Signature

        Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
        ~Jack Handey~

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600269].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
          Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

          legible and readable are 2 totally different things. The format is truly off putting when trying to read. especially the alternating background and text colors. Simple black text with white backgrounds would be much better. Use images to separate the different sections. As well the centered text is difficult to read. If you want your visitors to stay and possibly bookmark your site then fix the formatting.

          al
          Will do, great feedback, Thanks agmccall.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gweijie
    learn everything about your niche and become an expert in it! Then write as much as possible and every day if possible! Make a lottt of content and link affiliate links to your content! Hard work will pay off
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600073].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
      Originally Posted by gweijie View Post

      learn everything about your niche and become an expert in it! Then write as much as possible and every day if possible! Make a lottt of content and link affiliate links to your content! Hard work will pay off
      Thanks for the reply, I will continue to work my butt off until I am successful and I can share my own stories! Would you recommend starting a blog within the site and I update weekly with a new post?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Building your own list is very important. This allows you to communicate with interested prospects anytime you choose. You can send them multiple offers and make money each time.

    The big thing you need to know if you are going to build a list is to get new leads every day. (20-100 + leads per day is the way to go)

    You need to set aside a budget everyday to get fresh leads. SO you want to learn how to market and know which marketing avenues online really get you results.

    And overall, never give up and you will succeed.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600227].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      Building your own list is very important. This allows you to communicate with interested prospects anytime you choose. You can send them multiple offers and make money each time.

      The big thing you need to know if you are going to build a list is to get new leads every day. (20-100 + leads per day is the way to go)

      You need to set aside a budget everyday to get fresh leads. SO you want to learn how to market and know which marketing avenues online really get you results.

      And overall, never give up and you will succeed.
      talfighel,

      Thanks for the reply. Lets say I have money put away right now; are you saying buy leads?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ydsimple
    If you are up to reselling hosting service you wanna get better hosting review website, they work great for this niche. Just google it and you will find one. Cheers :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600492].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanthepr0
      Originally Posted by ydsimple View Post

      If you are up to reselling hosting service you wanna get better hosting review website, they work great for this niche. Just google it and you will find one. Cheers :-)
      ydsimple,

      Thanks for the reply. I did consider this, but don't think it would provide enough long term trust with the customer or financial assistance. Have you had luck doing this?

      Ryan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10600525].message }}

Trending Topics