18 replies
Hey guys,

One of my clients teaches how to train animals on youtube (mostly dogs).

We are having issues monetizing his brand and feel like we are missing out potential dollars.
  • He offers free pet training lessons on youtube that get a ton of traffic
  • He offers courses on his site that teach viewers more in depth taining for pets that sell ok..

But...
  • He gets a TON of requests for custom lessons like: "how can I train my dog to bark certain words?", "how can I train my dog to go fetch a certain stuffed animal" etc. He even started taking custom requests...

We have a training request form that allows users to leave requests and at the bottom, talks about the importance of leaving us a donation but we've only had 2 or 3 20$ donations, nothing substantial.

We get requests DAILY and there is a total demand but the viewers don't seem to want to pay anything?

Also, he's concerned about if we required a 20$ donation for certain requests, he would feel obligated to make videos for the most random requests we get... and no joke, we've received "Teach my dog to catch and eat a bird", "Teach my dog to drive" etc, stuff he simply cannot do, or if he did, would take way more time than to justify the 20$. There is a feeling of obligation if someone leaves a donation and in the notes it says, this is for you to do a lesson to "teach my dog to swim 10 laps in my pool and then use his towel to dry off".

There's gotta be a better way. I really don't want to lose his contract, I need it. Any ideas on how we can monetize the requests

Thanks guys, anything helps, thank you

JT
#brand #monetize
  • Profile picture of the author Rob Aseto
    - Sell digital products such as eBooks, video courses, or any combination of digital products in a "bundled package". Create these yourself...they are really just files on your computer.

    - Figure out any physical products related to this niche, and find out companies with affiliate programs that sell these products. Promote these affiliate products.

    - Build a list by giving away a free ebook, or video, or report, or whatever....then write valuable emails that will make those on the list want to open the emails. In the emails, keep reminding them of your site so that you will have a constant flow of recurring, targeted traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10613942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
    Those special requests could be made into "pay for" videos on Youtube.

    https://support.google.com/youtube/a..._topic=3249164
    Signature

    "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10613979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emzi
    Hey !
    As Jill Carpenter pointed out, that's one way of doing it.
    You can also have more local centric point of view to do this. Get people to sign up on videos for the dog trainer to personally go and train dog (to drive )at a premium price.
    Or people can get the dogs to the trainer. and he can charge a premium as well.
    You have have "a schedule a session" link on youtube videos. Optimize them for google local. People will pay for such services if the Guy is already so popular.
    Signature

    Emzi | I am a Digital Marketing and WordPress Enthusiast.
    I love solving problems and creating solutions.
    I build WordPress Websites (Click this to go to offers for Warriors).
    I also provide White Label Services for WordPress.
    Resources I use: For Email Marketing,
    For Building Websites. My Warrior Profile.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10614081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel1000
    You can try and get people to sign up for one on one workshops or boot camps for advanced training for the dogs. That schedule a session link is a good one. Try changing out some of the links in the video description and optimize for keywords about people needing personal dog training.

    Also he can get certified and start training people how to be a dog trainer,
    Signature

    What happens after you drive traffic to a page? How do you convert them to customers? Take our free email course to find out how to attract and convert more customers.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10614162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nwik
    Encourage people to sign up for your workshops to have an advanced training for their dogs.

    Show them what you can offer and why is it necessary to have a pet workshop.
    Signature
    Need Content? $5 for 1000 words - 100% Original
    Highly Engaging / NOT your usual low-cost SEO keyword content
    Click Here for SOLID SEO Keyword Content
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10614282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    How on earth do you "advance train" or run a bootcamp or have "someone go train the dog" - when Youtube has a global audience? You can't go TO the people but you can charge them to come to you - or you can sell them CD's to help them train their dogs. It's what main online training sites do.

    Leerburg.com has done a good job of monetizing their site (I'm not associatged with them in any way). I know of them as they helped me several years ago with a behavior problem with a German Shepherd and I've bought a few things from the site since then.

    They offer interactive online training - plus a big range of products and thousands of pages of information on the site.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world -
    but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10614296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jt47000
    Thanks for the advice everyone. We already have products that we sell, we already have a working email list and we are pretty set in those areas...

    The issue lies with hundreds of written requests to us via email for custom requests. How can we monetize these requests?

    Thanks again for all your help!

    JT
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10615659].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Originally Posted by jt47000 View Post

      The issue lies with hundreds of written requests to us via email for custom requests. How can we monetize these requests?

      I'm sure you've heard of the marketing acronym: WIIFM

      Pay attention to what it means. It's about satisfying customer demands.

      You are getting hundreds of requests from people asking for your help in the niche. What more could you want as a business owner? You have a goldmine right in front of you.

      Give them what they want, in a custom way, and ask them to pay a custom price for it!

      In many business models there are things for sale that anyone can buy. But if you are a customer and want something more - something made just for you that isn't a stock item - you submit a special order, pay for it, and wait for it to be delivered.

      Why does that not qualify as a way to monetize your custom requests?

      Yes, it means you will have to cater to individuals - but that is a good thing. You will have a happy customer when you deliver his training. You will be paid a custom price for your effort. And best of all, you will have another training product that you can sell without additional work when someone else wants the same thing in the future! It's a win-win all the way around.

      Steve
      Signature

      Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10620964].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jt47000
        Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

        I'm sure you've heard of the marketing acronym: WIIFM

        Pay attention to what it means. It's about satisfying customer demands.

        You are getting hundreds of requests from people asking for your help in the niche. What more could you want as a business owner? You have a goldmine right in front of you.

        Give them what they want, in a custom way, and ask them to pay a custom price for it!

        In many business models there are things for sale that anyone can buy. But if you are a customer and want something more - something made just for you that isn't a stock item - you submit a special order, pay for it, and wait for it to be delivered.

        Why does that not qualify as a way to monetize your custom requests?

        Yes, it means you will have to cater to individuals - but that is a good thing. You will have a happy customer when you deliver his training. You will be paid a custom price for your effort. And best of all, you will have another training product that you can sell without additional work when someone else wants the same thing in the future! It's a win-win all the way around.

        Steve

        Couldn't have said it better Steve! Thank you my friend
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10628443].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author katrim
    You could potentially try charging a small fee for making a request, say $2-$3 and have a weekly or monthly contest where the most voted special request gets to make it to the tutorial (you'll probably need a public board for everyone to see the most upvoted.)

    You could also entice people to make request if you give a prize for the voters, something in the niche or even just a cool tshirt tied in some way to the special request.
    Signature
    Get This Facebook Loophole!
    I reached one in every 215 US citizens with a simple Facebook post spending only $42. Click here to see how I did it

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10616548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jt47000
    Thanks so much Katrim! I love that idea and will totally try it! Thank you!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10617454].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author katrim
      Originally Posted by jt47000 View Post

      Thanks so much Katrim! I love that idea and will totally try it! Thank you!
      You welcome! Glad I could help and good luck!
      Signature
      Get This Facebook Loophole!
      I reached one in every 215 US citizens with a simple Facebook post spending only $42. Click here to see how I did it

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10620924].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    Have you considered a volume based publishing model, upon which you have a boatload of dog training courses? One approach is to be totally prolific. Be fecund and aggressive in your creativity and publishing.



    If someone wants XYZ, I'd wager, there are others who want XYZ also. Package the training, and then throw it on your site (or other marketplaces that exist).

    How long would it take you to create? A few days? What if a handful of your buyers bought it? What if your new subscribers kept buying... Over, and over, and over, and over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10617464].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jt47000
      Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

      Have you considered a volume based publishing model, upon which you have a boatload of dog training courses? One approach is to be totally prolific. Be fecund and aggressive in your creativity and publishing.



      If someone wants XYZ, I'd wager, there are others who want XYZ also. Package the training, and then throw it on your site (or other marketplaces that exist).

      How long would it take you to create? A few days? What if a handful of your buyers bought it? What if your new subscribers kept buying... Over, and over, and over, and over.
      Are you talking about like a subscription site? Or a video package that has a bunch of files within it. If it's a video package, he has a few of those right now.

      Thanks for the input!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10628438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cool Guy
    I would offer a membership service with his courses and then add extra video materials solely for the member's area. That way, if you get a crazy request, make a short video and add it to the list of other crazy requests. When someone becomes a member, they'll have access to a TON of content continuously adds more stuff.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10618049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Sepich
    Start with splitting your client's list into buyers and non buyers. Even a one dollar purchase means they have some buying power. go from there.
    Signature

    Need Help? GeorgeSepich.com Digital Marketing Solutions From George Sepich.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10621749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PolicyMaker
    Why NOT Create Premium Trainings Membership and Answer All Those Burning Questions inside That Membership ???
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10629043].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
      Originally Posted by PolicyMaker View Post

      Why NOT Create Premium Trainings Membership and Answer All Those Burning Questions inside That Membership ???
      No doubt add a recurring income stream element. Dog lovers will love it.

      Get into the eCommerce as well. Heck T shirts also.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10629131].message }}

Trending Topics