Ghost Advertising Platforms Are Bull Crap.

15 replies
Okay. Are you tired of advertising on a platform while getting 1 million clicks with no sales and 100% bounce rate.

Wtf. 1 million clicks will have you taking loans out while thinking that at least 1000 sales should come through in a week.

But then you realize that you only made 1 sale that month and have questions about why none of the other 999,999 people buy or sign up for your offer.

I will now tell you why. Most platforms are spammy and the clicks that you thought you had were actually bot redirects that doesn't even send people to your site. But it will register throughout anaylatics that these 1 million people went to your site.

So if you pay a ad network by paypal and they got you 1 million clicks with 1 sale. Then you should automatically request a refund from paypal.

Because even 1000 real clicks should at least bring you 10 sales.

Plus. Why would 1000 people click on your ad but only 1 person actually looks through the site while the other 999 people have a 100% bounce rate?

This means the other 999 clicks were bots or people that was forced via redirect and not willing to click on your ad in the first place.

So if you have fraudulent clicks from any ad platforms that you paid for by paypal.

Then maybe you should ask paypal to refund your money from that bull crap 1 million clicks ad service. Jmo
#advertising #bull #crap #ghost #platforms
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    The Terms of Service of the company will say "no refunds" so you won't have much of an argument.
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10617275].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dano101
      Originally Posted by PerformanceMan View Post

      The Terms of Service of the company will say "no refunds" so you won't have much of an argument.
      Lol. PayPal as well as Ebay doesn't give 2 shits about the terms of service. Lmao.

      PayPal gives you 6 months to tell them why you want your money back.

      Hint : Product was not as mentioned.

      Now I'm not arguing. But PayPal and Ebay doesn't give 2 shits about what the seller had in fine print. Jmo.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10617355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    So if you pay a ad network by paypal and they got you 1 million clicks with 1 sale. Then you should automatically request a refund from paypal.

    Because even 1000 real clicks should at least bring you 10 sales.
    Says who? 1000 real clicks might not get any sales - depends on what you are selling, the quality of the "clicks" (i.e., real people with interest), etc.

    You paid for CLICKS - likely bots. Had you asked before buying someone here would have warned you. Do you believe one million people are just waiting to click on your ad?

    You seem to think Paypal should have read the fine print - wouldn't that be your responsibility?

    We all make silly mistakes when we are starting out - learn the lesson (if it sounds too good to be true, it really is) - read terms before buying and be careful what you buy and who you buy from.

    Don't expect a payment processor to save you from your own bad decisions.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

    You should always be yourself...unless you can be a Unicorn. Then you should always be a Unicorn.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10617451].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dano101
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Says who? 1000 real clicks might not get any sales - depends on what you are selling, the quality of the "clicks" (i.e., real people with interest), etc.

      You paid for CLICKS - likely bots. Had you asked before buying someone here would have warned you. Do you believe one million people are just waiting to click on your ad?

      You seem to think Paypal should have read the fine print - wouldn't that be your responsibility?

      We all make silly mistakes when we are starting out - learn the lesson (if it sounds too good to be true, it really is) - read terms before buying and be careful what you buy and who you buy from.

      Don't expect a payment processor to save you from your own bad decisions.
      Dude. I'm just warning others about fraudulent clicks. That's all.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10617525].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
        Originally Posted by Dano101 View Post

        Dude. I'm just warning others about fraudulent clicks. That's all.
        Kay is a woman. LOL.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10618229].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dano101
          Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

          Kay is a woman. LOL.
          Lol. Thanks Randall and sorry Kay for the dude comment. I just say dude sometimes.

          Now Kay. I didn't buy bot traffic and I really would never ask for my money back. I truly just chalk up my losses and learn and move on.

          Now I'm in the adult niche and have 1 specific product for men. So I usually run ads on Traffic Junky or Juicy Ads. Now a $25 campaign on Traffic Junky will usually bring me about 160 to 200 clicks. With 95% of the clicks being 100% bounce rate for the moment. Especially since the people are usually watching porn at the time. So they may just click and book mark the site until later.

          Now usually I could make 5 ($25) sales from each campaign.

          So one day I tried to do $100 campaign for the day with the hopes of making 20 sales or so. But it didn't work out that way. I had about 1000 clicks but no real turnover. I think because I ran the campaign in the middle of the month and not the first.

          But I was still mad about $100 with 1000 clicks. While making only a couple of more sales then I would have running my little $25 campaigns

          So I guess I was a little hurt. Anyways Kay I do respect your comments; And I'm glad you are here. Thanks.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10618509].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MSutton
    The secret world of "bulk traffic". Once you uncover the equation, it's doable.

    I'm not saying your traffic was legit as there are bad traffic dealers out there.

    But you have to know how to convert this type of traffic (assuming the traffic is legit).

    - Viagra and other similar products.
    - Fast weight loss.
    - Get laid tonight.
    And any other product that caters to the ultra gullible and uber desperate.
    +
    The appropriate landing page
    =
    Sales

    There's a sucker born every minute but you have to know how to sucker them and you have to buy your bulk traffic from the right source.

    No one talks about it because if the truth was out to the average IMer, the price of this traffic would go sky high.

    While I won't tell you who to buy from, I can tell you that most of the Fiverr and Ebay sellers buy their traffic from daily-traffic.com which is most definitely fake bot traffic.

    Just stick to Google adwords if this type of traffic is hard for you to convert.

    Also, yes, you will get your money back. If you paid by credit card funds, just bypass paypal and dispute directly with your credit card company.

    Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10617565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    If you can convert bot traffic you're a better man than I am....oh, never mind, not a dude.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

    You should always be yourself...unless you can be a Unicorn. Then you should always be a Unicorn.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10617600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MSutton
    There is bot traffic, yes, which is obviously junk.

    Then there is "bulk traffic".

    Bulk traffic is derived from several sources, mostly...

    -Popups
    -popunders
    -domain redirects
    -domains with high type-in traffic
    -parked domain pages (examples: isocialable.com, internetmarketingtips.com, partytentcity.com)

    as well as several other sources.

    This is real human traffic, but it is not "high converting" traffic like PPC traffic.

    It takes the right product with the right offer with the right landing page.

    You're not going to sell a Clickbank ebook that goes directly to a sales letter page (most of the time) and you're not going to convert at all if you just direct the the traffic to an ecommerce store page.

    As I said before, those who can be converted are the same people who would buy something from
    -spam email
    -a telemarketer
    -junk mail
    -a pie in the sky radio ad
    etc.

    In other words, like I said, the desperate and the gullible. There is one born every second (not just every minute) and they are the reason spam, junk mail, telemarketing and the like still exists today.

    But you need the right product, the right offer (with a decent commission rate) and the right landing page. It's by no means set-and-forget and it's not easy. But it's workable as long as you don't buy bot traffic, which obviously cannot be converted no matter how hard you try.

    BTW: I'm not saying that the OP bought bot traffic or not. I have no idea (but the odds are that he did because it sounds like he bought it from ebay). Just saying that not all "target traffic" is bot traffic. But it cannot be converted the same way you convert adwords/PPC traffic. therefore, if he did receive real human "bulk traffic" it would be really hard to convert anyway unless you understand the traffic. MOst of this traffic is not looking to buy anything but some can be coaxed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10617633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I understand your point and I agree but I don't think bulk traffic is the case here. He bought traffic from ebay - he had expectations of conversions - doesn't' seem to have had a plan except "buy traffic and wait for sales".

    This was bot traffic and I think we agree on that. The bigger point is the idea that it's someone else's fault.

    My argument with the OP is with his expectations - he bought cheap clicks. He is assuming those clicks would be XX sales - that assumption makes no sense. When XX sales don't appear, he wants his money back. Doesn't work that way and best to learn that quickly and adapt.

    If you don't do your research - if you agree to terms without reading or thinking about them - take responsibility for your own bad decisions. Call it a mistake, take the loss and make better decisions going forward.

    The OP doesn't care what I think and that's fine. Just hope a few other new marketers reading this might have an "aha" moment before making the same mistake.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

    You should always be yourself...unless you can be a Unicorn. Then you should always be a Unicorn.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10618154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Fox
    Fraudulent clicks run rampant across networks, takes a lot of digging to find converting ones.
    Signature
    I love getting in trance just by hearing you talk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10618532].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dano101
      Originally Posted by Andrew Fox View Post

      Fraudulent clicks run rampant across networks, takes a lot of digging to find converting ones.
      I totally agree. Especially on porn sites. And mobile ads. It seems like a spammy redirect is considered a click sometimes. I will go in click on one video media or picture. But once the pop ups, pop unders and ad redirects unwarrantly starts; makes me not trust most ads on the adult platforms. Both as a seller and a buyer. You can't interrupt some guy watching porn and then expect him to seriously check your site out after being lead there by some spammy click means.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10618552].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    Fraudulent clicks run rampant across networks, takes a lot of digging to find converting ones.
    That's for sure:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...s-yes-you.html
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10618584].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    If the traffic was legit (still up for debate), you fell for one of the logical fallacies of statistics.

    Lots of people assume, like you did, that if 25 clicks got you 5 sales, then 100 clicks should automatically give you 20 sales. It doesn't work like that.

    It's like flipping a coin. Each coin flip has no bearing on the result of the flip before or after it.

    The Law of Large Numbers (often mislabeled the law of averages) says that given a sufficiently large number of trials, the results will trend toward the mean. But in mathematical terms, "sufficiently large" becomes "approaches infinity."

    Going back to the coin flip, if you flip an honest coin an infinite number of times, the results will approach 50% heads and 50% tails. Within that infinite number of coin flips, you are equally likely to get runs where you do get 50% heads and tails, 100% heads and 100% tails.

    It works the same way with web clicks. While over a long period of time, you might approach a 20% conversion rate, you are also likely to get runs where you get 0 conversions.

    While it's fair to be disappointed with one of those runs, especially given that you paid for the coin flips, it's unfair to label a platform that gave you results on your smaller campaigns as "bull crap" because a larger buy coincided with a run of bad luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10619418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PBScott
    Robots don't have any money, the thousands of clicks for a dollar services are nothing but bandwidth theft.
    Signature

    If you don't look at this => Really Funny Shirts <= you missed something in life

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10620451].message }}

Trending Topics