1. Having the wrong mindset about making money and assume success is given to them because they invested.
In other words, they see internet marketing more like stocks and shares, options or binary trading.
2. Buying courses after courses without giving themselves enough time to go through, understand and apply
3. Trying too many things at one time.
Here is my honest opinion:
1. Writing articles will not make you money that is if you spend too much money on them.
Submitting and getting your high quality articles approved in article directories do.
Same goes for ebooks to ebook directories.
2. Building websites will not make you money. If you don't know how or spend too much time figuring on your own, get help from someone who do or outsource.
You need to spend more time marketing be it placing ads, building backlinks and doing videos to promote it.
That is how you get leads, sales and more sales.
In short, advertising, list building and email marketing is what makes you money.
If you do it consistently instead of buying course after course.
A marketer once told me -
In marketing, it's either
You are buying
Or you are selling stuff.
Buying only drains your savings while
Selling increases your earnings
If you provide and offer value to the right audience.