Stop Wasting Time On Shiny Objects - This Always Makes You Money!

41 replies
Hi. I thought I would just drop by and to help all of the struggling marketers out there.

It seems everyone wants to know the secret to making money online, but when you give them the real answer that is making thousands of people a full time income online, they really don't want to hear it because....They don't want to put in the work.

Here's the thing. Do you know who made the most money during the California Gold rush?

It was not the miners...It was the people who sold the miners the mining equipment.

So...My advice to you would be not be the miner, be the guy who sold the Gold Miner the shovel!

In other words...
  1. Create your own products.
  2. Start your own affiliate program.
  3. Build your own list!
This method always works if you do it the right way!


Yes it takes time and money to learn how to do these things, but imagine the time and money you are wasting by buying the next shiny object that never makes you a dime.


I am not saying, that you should stop buying products, but I am saying you should stop buying products with idea that that 1 product will be the answer to your prayers.


I personally buy several products every week, but it's not because I think they will be a complete answer to my problems. I understand that each product that I buy, may provide some value that I could use to drive traffic to y own products or build my list.


The bottom line is...Learn how to be your own boss and stop trying to find the next big thing that is suppose to make you rich overnight. That's probably never going to happen.
#makes #money #objects #shiny #stop #time #wasting
  • Profile picture of the author Jon Crimes
    Good advice and very true about the Gold Rush! Finished watching the tv series Klondike last week (very good by the way!) and the only people with a smile on their faces were those selling supplies to all the shiny object chasers (in this case Gold of course!).

    I only really buy products these days to check out the level of competition quality, to study how their funnels work and to get ideas together about how I can possibly do it better.

    Product Creation, Blog, List. I'm trying to keep it simple

    Cheers
    Jon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624289].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Sure you bring up some good points but use more specifics. We have had this said before. And I know the Newbs need it ingrained but still lets get in details
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624336].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webmarke
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Sure you bring up ome good points but use more specifics. We have had this said before. And I know the Newbs need it ingrained but still lets get in details
      You are missing the point of this thread. This thread is not about telling you how to do something. It's about telling you what works.

      You need to go out and research how to do what works, when you are presented with what works.

      You could research it or buy courses that teach you how to do it.

      It's impossible to teach you how to do these things in a thread own the warrior forum. There is far to much involved.

      Anyone who are not willing to do the research or take the courses needed to do these things, are the exact people who are chasing the shiny objects.

      You want everything handed to you...I gave you the starting points...The rest is up to you!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624379].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Shellie Dailey
        Originally Posted by webmarke View Post

        You are missing the point of this thread. This thread is not about telling you how to do something. It's about telling you what works.

        You need to go out and research how to do what works, when you are presented with what works.

        You could research it or buy courses that teach you how to do it.

        It's impossible to teach you how to do these things in a thread own the warrior forum. There is far to much involved.

        Anyone who are not willing to do the research or take the courses needed to do these things, are the exact people who are chasing the shiny objects.

        You want everything handed to you...I gave you the starting points...The rest is up to you!
        I do agree with what you are say, but I think the post was just to help people to stop looking for instant wealth. There will be work involved in any business venture. Over all, I looking forward to researching and taking courses with warrior forum.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624918].message }}
  • You are absolutely right with the three pointers you made. Too many people are after the gold rush.

    It's like I start today and I want the money yes'day. There's no magic bullet. There's nothing worth having that's easy. There's only blood, sweat and tears.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trobo
    The only way anyone will know what really works is to test & test some more.

    Also, it is just as easy to fail trying to sell your own products as trying to sell someone else's. A newbie could also get steered in the wrong direction trying to followthisadvice. Just because you made it yourself doesn't mean people won't think it sucks.

    You bring up some good points, but the subject has frankly been beaten to death on this forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624435].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webmarke
      Originally Posted by trobo View Post

      The only way anyone will know what really works is to test & test some more.

      Also, it is just as easy to fail trying to sell your own products as trying to sell someone else's. A newbie could also get steered in the wrong direction trying to followthisadvice. Just because you made it yourself doesn't mean people won't think it sucks.

      You bring up some good points, but the subject has frankly been beaten to death on this forum.
      You say the subject has beaten to death and that's exactly my point!

      The subject has been covered over and over again, yet...as I stated in my thread...People like you refuse to do it!

      That's the point!

      Furthermore...Anyone average person who tires this method can do it. It all depends on how much you want it and how hard you are willing to work to learn how to do it correctly.

      It's funny. Replies like this one...further prove my point!

      If you already know it....Just do it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624441].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheGMa
      Originally Posted by trobo View Post

      The only way anyone will know what really works is to test & test some more.

      Also, it is just as easy to fail trying to sell your own products as trying to sell someone else's. A newbie could also get steered in the wrong direction trying to followthisadvice. Just because you made it yourself doesn't mean people won't think it sucks.

      You bring up some good points, but the subject has frankly been beaten to death on this forum.
      ???

      You are confusing me, Trobo. Entrepreneurs are risk-takers. The newbies who make it are the ones who are willing to throw everything out there and keep pounding away 'til the light bulbs go off and they start blazing.

      Newbies have to make their mistakes or they will never learn anything. It's not our job to protect first timer's from the pointy corners of the coffee table; the job we've taken on is to tell them that pointy things are out there and how best to avoid them.

      The determined, eventually successful newbies will run into them head on anyway because it's a challenge, a double dare. And they learn ...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10625292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trobo
    Um, webmarke:

    It's not that "people like me" refuse to "do it".

    It's that I've been in the game long enough to know there's a little more to it than what your original post implies.

    Are you saying your advice is absolutely without question guaranteed to make newbies lots of money?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624459].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webmarke
      Originally Posted by trobo View Post

      Um, webmarke:

      It's not that "people like me" refuse to "do it".

      It's that I've been in the game long enough to know there's a little more to it than what your original post implies.

      Are you saying your advice is absolutely without question guaranteed to make newbies lots of money?
      What am saying is that this is time tested. This works! The biggest money makers in the internet marketing world do at least one of the following...
      1. Create their own products and get affiliates to promote them to build a list of buyers.
      2. Build a list and promote their or affiliate products to their list.
      You don't have to take my word for it....The truth is hiding in plain site!


      Just look around and ask yourself..."What are all the famous marketers doing?"


      Don't do what they are telling you to do...Do what they are doing!


      And the fact is...they are doing what I mentioned in my original thread.


      This fact can not be denied!


      PS...I never said it was easy. I just said it works. The fact is that you can spend your working and spending money trying not to work by chasing shiny objects, or you can just do what has been working for years!


      Either way...It will cost you time and money. Difference is...One way is a proven money maker and the other way is the reason 99% of all internet marketers are failing!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    The reason there are so many failures, because of terrible products, in all niches. Products that are poorly re-written PLR. Products that are outsourced to people who have no idea about the niche. Products that are created by newbies with dreams of riches but no knowledge whatsoever. It's because of this advice.

    This advice is given over and over again, there are WSO's and other products about it, created by people whose only product is the one telling people they need to create their own product to sell to the gold miners.

    While it is true that creating your own product is very profitable there is so much between newbie and product creator that is left out. As I said at the beginning of this post it is the reason for failure.

    If you follow a learning and doing path, it might lead to making your own product, and then again, it might not. It is not the be all end all of success

    al
    Signature
    The Flu? Not worthy of a mention here???
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author katrim
    As a recovered "shiny object syndrome" addict myself, I think information overload is a serious illness.

    The problem comes from dreaming of a business that is very simple to operate and where the tasks are very clear.

    But there will always be "an easier way" to make money, (especially when you meet obstacles along the way).

    As long as you spend the majority of your time looking for new solutions, rather than focusing on proven methods you will not be able to reach your goals.

    For newbies, this should be the goal: building a list. I know you've heard it times and times before, but a list is the hottest asset.
    Signature
    Get This Facebook Loophole!
    I reached one in every 215 US citizens with a simple Facebook post spending only $42. Click here to see how I did it

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kurttasche
    Great advice, and very simple.
    It's almost funny how many people over-complicate the whole process.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by webmarke View Post


    In other words...
    1. Create your own products.
    2. Start your own affiliate program.
    3. Build your own list!
    This method always works if you do it the right way!


    Webmarke,

    Thank you for the thread. I think the thing that others in this thread are questioning is your statement that "this always works." There is not enough information in your post to ensure that anything will work. To me, the key to what you have said is what I emphasized above "if you do it the right way."

    You see, when I first started out online I did exactly what you said: I created my own products (I have five of them), I included an affiliate program so that others could help me sell, and I began building a list. I did everything that you said and more (I had a blog, I did some paid advertising, I did guest posting, wrote articles, etc) . . . but still no success into the second year of doing all this.

    What was I missing? I didn't get all the details right. I was working hard, doing everything you said above, but I didn't do it the right way (as you mentioned).

    Here's the thing . . . taking action is great, it's important, but you have to be taking the right action. I wasn't doing that.

    As Robert said (discrat) and as Al (agmccall) suggested, I think, it's how you approach and execute the small details of a business that will help you to be profitable or not.

    We all need to see the "big picture" as you have painted it. That's important in order for us to get our bearings about what we're doing.

    But that is not enough to ensure success. Every business is a little different as is every marketplace. If you don't get all the little specific details right in your business, you might not make any money. Most businesses understand this and kind of fix the small details as they go. It's why testing and modifying are so important. You want to be doing what is "smart" or optimal in your business.

    So cheers for this thread and it's information. But just keep in mind that you need to be working on all the little details of your business all the time and that's something that most successful online business owners understand and pay attention to.

    Good luck to all,
    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624542].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webmarke
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      Webmarke,

      Thank you for the thread. I think the thing that others in this thread are questioning is your statement that "this always works." There is not enough information in your post to ensure that anything will work. To me, the key to what you have said is what I emphasized above "if you do it the right way."

      You see, when I first started out online I did exactly what you said: I created my own products (I have five of them), I included an affiliate program so that others could help me sell, and I began building a list. I did everything that you said and more (I had a blog, I did some paid advertising, I did guest posting, wrote articles, etc) . . . but still no success into the second year of doing all this.

      What was I missing? I didn't get all the details right. I was working hard, doing everything you said above, but I didn't do it the right way (as you mentioned).

      Here's the thing . . . taking action is great, it's important, but you have to be taking the right action. I wasn't doing that.

      As Robert said (discrat) and as Al (agmccall) suggested, I think, it's how you approach and execute the small details of a business that will help you to be profitable or not.

      We all need to see the "big picture" as you have painted it. That's important in order for us to get our bearings about what we're doing.

      But that is not enough to ensure success. Every business is a little different as is every marketplace. If you don't get all the little specific details right in your business, you might not make any money. Most businesses understand this and kind of fix the small details as they go. It's why testing and modifying are so important. You want to be doing what is "smart" or optimal in your business.

      So cheers for this thread and it's information. But just keep in mind that you need to be working on all the little details of your business all the time and that's something that most successful online business owners understand and pay attention to.

      Good luck to all,
      Steve
      You need to understand that the purpose of this post was not to teach people what to do.

      It's to tell them what works.

      You see...People are just floundering around trying to buy products that promise them huge profits with no work. This thread is to get them on the right track.

      Nothing is handed to anyone. They need to go out and learn exactly how to do things.

      But the problem is that they are trying to learn how to do things that they have no idea will work. this leads to frustration and a lot of wasted time and effort.

      I am saying that they should use this time and effort to learn how to do things that are time tested and continue to work.

      People can point others in the right direction, but those people will have to go out and learn how to do what works.

      There are hundreds of courses that teach you how to create your own products and or build a list and all they need to do is go and learn how.

      Like I said before...I never said it was easy...but it does work!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rosario1990
    Great points to start with some good money. Hope this will work. lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Quede
    It really is hidden in plain sight. Words are cheap, continued efforts in the right direction using accurate methods always work better. I really wish I knew much of that before starting anything.
    Signature

    Don't stop when you're tired.
    STOP
    when you are
    DONE!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thezhiff
    Golden advice there but creating a product is not everyone's forte, sometimes you can get influenced from others but not every time you can do that. I seldom visited warrior forum before but then i found a coaching which happens to be from warrior forum, i learnt that got good results and bought more coaching from that so i can learn more in a better way before i start implementing them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shellie Dailey
    I do agree with what you are say, but I think the post was just to help people to stop looking for instant wealth. There will be work involved in any business venture. Over all, I looking forward to researching and taking courses with warrior forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10624921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    Originally Posted by
    [LIST=1

    [*]Create your own products.[*]Start your own affiliate program.[*]Build your own list![/LIST]This method always works if you do it the right way!

    This is what is wrong with threads today , If you are going to show everyone how good it can be and always make money show them how! after all you started the thread

    If I was a newbie starting out how would i create my own book/software/course
    Its like giving a mate a great book and removing the last couple of pages...!

    Jason
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10625263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    Hey good post but more juicy details needed
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10625382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by shaunybb View Post

      Hey good post but more juicy details needed
      Ingredients

      Beet Greens 42% Beet Greens

      Carrot 37% Carrot

      Beet Root 15% Beet Root

      Kale
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10625388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PolicyMaker
    Model what's the TOPPERS DOING in Any Industry...and This is what every Top Guy doing successfully in IM World...

    Good Advice...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10626069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketingworld
    Banned
    Having your own stuff is KEY..just have to have something that is working and sell it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10626737].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uce
    I agree completely with you webmarke. Do not try something new every week because what you have does not seem to work. Of course it does not work if you do not put the time in it. Regards, Christina
    Signature
    "Giving Away Products For FREE Made Me A Millionaire" Today I'm Revealing How I Do It...www.theperfectoffer.today
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10626785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FrozenEyes
    I just want to clarify. When you say "Create your own products," are we talking about e-books or video tutorials and the likes or are we talking about products like watches or our own insurance to sell or BOTH?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10626881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author karenmmcgee
    Very good advice! However, I can see how people get distracted with the shinny objects when you are not making money and your impatient with the process that it takes to build a list and drive traffic. Everyone wants the ultimate goal of making money, a lot of it and quickly. The shiny new objects entice your thirst for making money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10627161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattyseo
    Digital products or physical products. can you be more specific.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10627220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Edwin Torres
    Originally Posted by webmarke View Post

    Hi. I thought I would just drop by and to help all of the struggling marketers out there.

    It seems everyone wants to know the secret to making money online, but when you give them the real answer that is making thousands of people a full time income online, they really don't want to hear it because....They don't want to put in the work.

    Here's the thing. Do you know who made the most money during the California Gold rush?

    It was not the miners...It was the people who sold the miners the mining equipment.

    So...My advice to you would be not be the miner, be the guy who sold the Gold Miner the shovel!

    In other words...
    1. Create your own products.
    2. Start your own affiliate program.
    3. Build your own list!
    This method always works if you do it the right way!


    Yes it takes time and money to learn how to do these things, but imagine the time and money you are wasting by buying the next shiny object that never makes you a dime.


    I am not saying, that you should stop buying products, but I am saying you should stop buying products with idea that that 1 product will be the answer to your prayers.


    I personally buy several products every week, but it's not because I think they will be a complete answer to my problems. I understand that each product that I buy, may provide some value that I could use to drive traffic to y own products or build my list.


    The bottom line is...Learn how to be your own boss and stop trying to find the next big thing that is suppose to make you rich overnight. That's probably never going to happen.

    I've spoken to so many gurus and they all say the same thing...Build your email list. The bigger your list, the more traffic you can drive and the more money you can make.

    I have a buddy called James who went from $0 to 5 figures a month just by building up his email list and promoting products to them. It really is that simple.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10627235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kerunai
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10627340].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by kerunai View Post

      i have stop searching for solutions after starting my solo ads business

      pm me if anybody want to see my latest income using solo ads

      i will be more than happy to share my secrets
      Could just post it here and bypass PM. After all that is what our Forums are for i.e. openly share and discuss


      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10627915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visio
    the first post on this thread I have read it sometime in 2005, did you copy and paste it from some marketing ebook from 2005?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10627946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mcc777
    Was just curious and looking through this thread and as usual the majority of the responses are nothing more than uninspired, regurgitated platitudes that do nothing, lack power and have about as much motivational push as a cool breeze on a summer day. I especially found the "Gold Rush" analogies particularly amusing - seriously "the only ones making money are the ones supplying the miners" . I would be dread to have anyone making statement like that anywhere near me especially in the capacity of mentor.
    Of course at this stage in the game, I'd have enough knowledge to realize the overwhelming need to fire that person. On the up side, there were a few mildly inspiring words but nothing to stand up and cheer about. I suppose this is what irks me so much about how the Warrior Forum has evolved. Honestly, I have not seen or heard many true warriors in quite awhile. What I have seen is a deluge of cream puffery and " good feeling" mealy mouth prattle to make a real warrior puke his guts out.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10627963].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MSutton
      Originally Posted by mcc777 View Post

      What I have seen is a deluge of cream puffery and " good feeling" mealy mouth prattle to make a real warrior puke his guts out.
      Most "IM warriors" from the 90's have moved onto real estate.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10628203].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by mcc777 View Post

      Was just curious and looking through this thread and as usual the majority of the responses are nothing more than uninspired, regurgitated platitudes that do nothing, lack power and have about as much motivational push as a cool breeze on a summer day. I especially found the "Gold Rush" analogies particularly amusing - seriously "the only ones making money are the ones supplying the miners" . I would be dread to have anyone making statement like that anywhere near me especially in the capacity of mentor.
      Of course at this stage in the game, I'd have enough knowledge to realize the overwhelming need to fire that person. On the up side, there were a few mildly inspiring words but nothing to stand up and cheer about. I suppose this is what irks me so much about how the Warrior Forum has evolved. Honestly, I have not seen or heard many true warriors in quite awhile. What I have seen is a deluge of cream puffery and " good feeling" mealy mouth prattle to make a real warrior puke his guts out.
      Instead of critiquing the posts in this thread, why don't you contribute something useful

      al
      Signature
      The Flu? Not worthy of a mention here???
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10629184].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mcc777
        Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

        Instead of critiquing the posts in this thread, why don't you contribute something useful

        al
        Really you played to my point but I won't hold it or try to explain why it's valid. Suffice it to say If the posts have no teeth and I see that, then why should I not point that out? If the message I send has no meaning, does nothing to inspire you, does not move you in any positive direction then the message simply is not for you!
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10630020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MSutton
    Originally Posted by webmarke View Post


    Here's the thing. Do you know who made the most money during the California Gold rush?
    It was not the miners...It was the people who sold the miners the mining equipment.
    The most over-used (and false) cliche in the IM/Make Money at Home niche.

    It's used by get-rich-quick gurus to make you think they just gave you some noteworthy info, which helps build the audience's confidence in said guru which, in turn, helps to create sales for said guru.

    But in the end...it's actually just worn out and false "info".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10628201].message }}
  • I have seen so many people create their own product but that typically equals a rehashed poor quality product. Take a look at Udemy, it's full of the stuff. Don't get me wrong the sheep will buy whatever you can convince them of. It's no longer about quality, so if you do want to make your own product at least be knowledgable and passionate about your subject.
    Signature
    Conversion Magnet - Instapage Premium accounts for $39/mo, normally $99/mo.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10628793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Naim717
    I love the example about the California Gold Rush! I needed this read today!!!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10630376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    i think most newbies give up here, cause they said the H word.

    HARD WORK!

    LOL.

    who would have throught having a business you have to do work, and stuff. :-P
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10717496].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
    There is a ton of opportunity online really always has been and probably always will be. The niches may change but everything gets marketed at some point.

    We have to make a conscious decision that we will be valuable players in the game. I do not think anybody wants to be considered just a marketer. You want to be considered an independent business owner...an Entrepreneur, in the process.

    Yes there is going to be some Forum Etiquette issues every once in a while but it is good to keep your eyes on the prize professionally in pursuit of the goals that are really important to you.

    Art
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10717683].message }}

Trending Topics