Where are the JV Giveaway Events these days?

18 replies
I know JV Giveaway Events have fallen into disfavor by the bigs.

But I'm not getting it. They still exist and they are still effective.

So my question... who knows about JV Giveaway Events and where to locate them? I'm having trouble finding them, whereas I once saw them everywhere.

Now, I realize the big argument is that Giveaways deliver low quality subscribers... but ALL freebies do, right?

Anytime you put up an opt-in offer on a squeeze page, aren't you just getting "worthless freebies?" I think the burden is on the vendor to convert "low quality freebie seekers" into buyers. Do a good job, make it happen.

Why should subscribers from Facebook, a blog, a solo ad or anywhere else be any better quality? Freeebie is freebie.

Correct me if you think I'm wrong, and again, where can I locate some good JV Giveaway Events these days?

PS: didn't WF used to have a JV Giveaway Event thread?
#days #events #giveaway #jv-events
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    Please do not take this the wrong way but over the last few weeks there have been at least 10-12 threads about this , if you use the search tab you find them

    Also there is a sub forum for Jvs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10654950].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webmarke
      Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

      Please do not take this the wrong way but over the last few weeks there have been at least 10-12 threads about this , if you use the search tab you find them

      Also there is a sub forum for Jvs

      She is not proposing a jv or even talking about jvs.

      She is talking about jv giveway events which I consider totally different.

      Here is a link to a list of upcoming jv giveaway events.

      NewJVGiveaways
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10654965].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author answergal
        Originally Posted by webmarke View Post


        Here is a link to a list of upcoming jv giveaway events.

        NewJVGiveaways
        Thanks, I appreciate it webmarke.
        Signature
        ...==> [GET FREE ACCESS]... "My 3 List Building Machines" shows you exactly what I do to "build a massive email list" of highly targeted, hungry and responsive subscribers... eager to buy your products and services, over and over again.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655009].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author answergal
      Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

      Please do not take this the wrong way but over the last few weeks there have been at least 10-12 threads about this , if you use the search tab you find them

      Also there is a sub forum for Jvs
      OK, good to know.

      I did do a search first and got very outdated threads only.

      I'll look for the sub-group, though, that's great info, thanks so much.
      Signature
      ...==> [GET FREE ACCESS]... "My 3 List Building Machines" shows you exactly what I do to "build a massive email list" of highly targeted, hungry and responsive subscribers... eager to buy your products and services, over and over again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10654967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gottahave
    Mike Janssens posted her latest giveaway on Facebook 22nd April:

    Maximum Giveaway is Live! Go grab all your gifts! Maximum Giveaway Event :: WELCOME!

    Mike is always running a giveaway or she is involved with another one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655035].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author answergal
      Originally Posted by gottahave View Post

      Mike Janssens posted her latest giveaway on Facebook 22nd April:

      Maximum Giveaway is Live! Go grab all your gifts! Maximum Giveaway Event :: WELCOME!

      Mike is always running a giveaway or she is involved with another one.
      Good to know. Thanks for another good resource.

      I've hear of Mike Janssens who seems to be one of the major event hosts.
      Signature
      ...==> [GET FREE ACCESS]... "My 3 List Building Machines" shows you exactly what I do to "build a massive email list" of highly targeted, hungry and responsive subscribers... eager to buy your products and services, over and over again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeanSupplee
    Pretty awesome stuff right here. I was wondering this myself. A few years ago these things where MASSIVE. Still looks like they are running so will be very interesting to take a look into this again. Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655103].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author answergal
      Originally Posted by SeanSupplee View Post

      Pretty awesome stuff right here. I was wondering this myself. A few years ago these things where MASSIVE. Still looks like they are running so will be very interesting to take a look into this again. Thanks!
      You know, Sean, it's funny to me that things like this run hot and cold mostly because of the industry chatter about them. I don't think the quality changes, only the perception of it.

      A lot of the "quality" talk about events also goes on about Solo Ads, yet they hold their own pretty much. Facebook Ads are all the rage, yet, why would a free lead from a Facebook Ad be any better or worse than a free lead from a Solo Ad or a Giveaway Event?

      Maybe there's a difference, but I'm not seeing it.
      Signature
      ...==> [GET FREE ACCESS]... "My 3 List Building Machines" shows you exactly what I do to "build a massive email list" of highly targeted, hungry and responsive subscribers... eager to buy your products and services, over and over again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655145].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeanSupplee
    Good points and Facebook to me is honestly crazy expensive and not the best in terms of cost per action. There are so many companies and business bidding on ad space on there it has driving the price up like crazy. That is not saying that it is not worth it. If you have a good sales funnel in place you can break even or profit for sure its just harder/more effort I believe.

    Are there different software to run these give away events or does it most focus around one?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655762].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author answergal
      Originally Posted by SeanSupplee View Post

      Are there different software to run these give away events or does it most focus around one?
      Seems like M. Janssens is the lynchpin here. I'd check out NewJVGiveaways

      Seems to be the main resource on the topic... as far as I've been able to figure.
      Signature
      ...==> [GET FREE ACCESS]... "My 3 List Building Machines" shows you exactly what I do to "build a massive email list" of highly targeted, hungry and responsive subscribers... eager to buy your products and services, over and over again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10656349].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gottahave
        Mike has been involved with Giveaways for many years. About 10 years ago I used to get involved too and even had a site listing up-coming events but that's now all history.

        She has always impressed me with her events as well as the other many products Mike has promoted over the years. One of her sites is http://alluneed2succeed.net/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10656746].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author answergal
          Originally Posted by gottahave View Post

          Mike has been involved with Giveaways for many years. About 10 years ago I used to get involved too and even had a site listing up-coming events but that's now all history.

          She has always impressed me with her events as well as the other many products Mike has promoted over the years. One of her sites is AllUNeed2Succeed- Special IM Deals & Freebies
          Good to know, Neil.

          Why do you think these events are just "history" for many marketers, including yourself?
          Signature
          ...==> [GET FREE ACCESS]... "My 3 List Building Machines" shows you exactly what I do to "build a massive email list" of highly targeted, hungry and responsive subscribers... eager to buy your products and services, over and over again.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10659623].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author gottahave
            When I was involved in Giveaway events it seems to be a life-time away.Internet marketing has changed so much over the years particular with the advent of social media such as Facebook which can be used in-expensively to develop contacts.

            For us with giveaway events, we became heavily involved developing & managing our own products & websites. Also, as our giveaway products were becoming dated we would have had create some new ones using time we needed for our income producing efforts.

            That said, recently I have been thinking about getting involved again with these events but we would have to start with totally new products.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10659748].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author answergal
              Originally Posted by gottahave View Post

              That said, recently I have been thinking about getting involved again with these events but we would have to start with totally new products.
              That makes total sense to me. I actually make all of my products, both free and paid, web-based. That way, I can easily update or simply add on to them.

              I get lots of surprised thanks from people who bought something or got a free thingee... when they get an email telling them I just added to it, or updated it.

              But recency is absolutely an issue with anything online. People need to know something is current.

              I buy stuff all the time to see how it's structured, etc, and I can still pick up some little training somewhere that tells me how important it is to develop a good Myspace strategy.

              What???
              Signature
              ...==> [GET FREE ACCESS]... "My 3 List Building Machines" shows you exactly what I do to "build a massive email list" of highly targeted, hungry and responsive subscribers... eager to buy your products and services, over and over again.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10661287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    One thing that frightens me about this is the potential for abuse.

    What if someone just joints as an advertiser, never promotes, and gets free subscribers as a result?

    Meanwhile, others are promoting it.

    What if you're the ONLY one to promote it.



    Yes. I am a tinfoil hat type dude.

    Are there security policies and procedures in place to prevent abuse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10660240].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

      One thing that frightens me about this is the potential for abuse.

      What if someone just joints as an advertiser, never promotes, and gets free subscribers as a result?

      Meanwhile, others are promoting it.

      What if you're the ONLY one to promote it.



      Yes. I am a tinfoil hat type dude.

      Are there security policies and procedures in place to prevent abuse?
      I have not participated in a giveaway event in over a year, but when I did there was tracking involved similar to solo ad tracking. If you were not sending traffic then you were out.

      al
      Signature

      A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10661295].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gottahave
    What agmccall said is correct. It's basically "what you get out of giveaways depends on what effort you put in".

    The scripts used for giveaways benefits the particpants who put the effort in marketing and promoting the event to achieve sign-ups.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10661704].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author answergal
      Originally Posted by gottahave View Post

      What agmccall said is correct. It's basically "what you get out of giveaways depends on what effort you put in".

      The scripts used for giveaways benefits the particpants who put the effort in marketing and promoting the event to achieve sign-ups.
      As it should be, I think.

      The more you put into a joint project, the more you should benefit.

      That said, some people do work very hard to promote but they don't have a big list or marketing know-how.

      Others just send an email or 2 to a large and responsive list.

      But I guess business is a bottom line venture. Those who deliver the members get the bigger share of hits. The others need to learn more about the art and science of driving traffic to an event.
      Signature
      ...==> [GET FREE ACCESS]... "My 3 List Building Machines" shows you exactly what I do to "build a massive email list" of highly targeted, hungry and responsive subscribers... eager to buy your products and services, over and over again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10663301].message }}

Trending Topics