Big Dillemma... My site produces money but requires time...

25 replies
Hi Guys,

Long time since I last posted in here, but I have a question for you.

Now, I am by no means an expert at site flipping- heck, I know as much about flipping as the color of Britney Spears' __(Insert anything here)__ which is nothing.

But what I have is a few websites in some tiny niches that are producing $100-$200/day, each of them. And as much as I would love to keep them, I can't. Because they are taking up 2-3 hours of my time every other day... or 6 hours per week. And I think with my college, CPA business, and niche membership sites, I already have too much to do and too little time, so spending these extra 6-8 hours everyweek will not be feasible for me.

Now, the niches are pregnancy and parenting, and things in between.. You know different sites having different front end products leading to one membership site as a 30 days RFT. I spend approximately $80 on each of these sites daily, and they produce almost $150 immediately, with the prospect of another $90 in the next three months. Just one of those projects I started in my spare time in July and now I can't just let it go because it's making me money and I can't keep it because I don't have the time.

So I am thinking about selling them all together withy all the rights (products, graphics, marketing materials, bonuses, funnel, traffic system, customer database, scripts, test results etc.) to a new owner.

And while to some of you it might sound like the easiest thing in the world to do, for me its like eating a rock, because I have no idea how flipping is done. And I have no idea is this kind of a sale can even be referred to as flipping.

So here are a bunch of my most perssing questions that would require some Warrior Answers...

1. If I were to take them up all to $100/day income level, should I sell them as one big package with the membership site included or should I sell them one by one and make each front end sale and affiliate for the membership site which I sell separately.

2. How much does one website that produce $100/day for about 1-2 hours of daily effort sell for in a niche that's not very competitve and the marketing process has pertty much proven itself? How much would you pay for it?

3. How much does a set of websites which include a membership site as well with readymade premium content pre-loaded for 8 months producing a consistent $600/day sell for, when it requires 10 hours of working effort per week? How much would you pay for it?

4. Where can I sell it?

5. Will the new WSO section for completed websites support such an expensive sale?

6. What kind of payment processes can be used for accepting money in excess of 5 figures at once- safetyt being the prime concern?

7. How, if at all, can I be conned?

I am sure there are a lot of people who would like to sell off some of their $100/day websites because they do not have the time, but this is a topic that I have never really seen discussed around here on the Warrior Forum very often, so I'd assume a lot of flipping rookies like me can pick up a pointer or two.

Get on it- share your opinion on the matter guys.

-Lakshay

P.S. I do not want to fail to mention how important it is for anyone to build assets that produce money for them. Once you have assets that produce more money than you can spend, you're wealthy. And you can keep buying more and more assets from the extra-unspent-money you have. More assets==> More income==> Even more assets==> Even more income.

I think this is something a lot of us do not harp on very often.

So, do you buy and build assets? Web Assets? I speak now directly to those of the money-making IM experts here... Do you have a pointer or two for this young Indian about building assets?
#big #dillemma #money #produces #requires #site #time
  • Profile picture of the author Valorie
    I don't know anything about site flipping, so I can't help you there. I just wanted to say, what a great problem to have! And I see that you are going to move to the US, so I wanted to say "Welcome!"

    -Valorie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120790].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LMC
      1. If I were to take them up all to $100/day income level, should I sell them as one big package with the membership site included or should I sell them one by one and make each front end sale and affiliate for the membership site which I sell separately.

      If I were you I would sell them one at a time


      2. How much does one website that produce $100/day for about 1-2 hours of daily effort sell for in a niche that's not very competitve and the marketing process has pertty much proven itself? How much would you pay for it?

      The question for the investor is, what can I do to improve the results or sales with this site.

      Thus, look for any flaws at all in your system, maybe a missing OTO or missing opt-in box, or missing content, or creation of a forum, blog, etc. Look for the flaws... take note.

      Discuss it in the selling of the website to create future value for the site and idea generations for the future investor.

      I would assume you are looking at a five figure sale on these sites.

      With one - two hours a day
      Revenue
      Income
      Competition Analysis

      Your hopeful buyer will probably be adding to their portfolio with the purchase.


      3. How much does a set of websites which include a membership site as well with readymade premium content pre-loaded for 8 months producing a consistent $600/day sell for, when it requires 10 hours of working effort per week? How much would you pay for it?

      Your looking a six figure sale.


      4. Where can I sell it?

      These sites are acquisitions, this is no site flip. You can try Flippa.com, BuySellWebSite.com

      I have a list of high end buyers, mainly investors, that depending on the niche I could get you a great price, however, I would need all the information about the site, traffic, URLs, Marketing, assets, etc...



      5. Will the new WSO section for completed websites support such an expensive sale?

      I doubt it. Again, a business acquisition is being done here, and yes you will receive exposure which is not a bad thing, but this 'buy' will require paper work.


      6. What kind of payment processes can be used for accepting money in excess of 5 figures at once- safetyt being the prime concern?

      Of course you can do an escrow service like escrow.com, However, I would suggest milestone wiring.

      After the sale, a deposit wire is done straight to your account, and then after a transfer, another, etc, etc.

      7. How, if at all, can I be conned?

      To be honest, at this level of a sale, most questions in the beginning will be "let me see the proof", however, anyone who bids or contacts you most likely will assume you know what your doing, and won't want to bother with messing around with your potential attorney's.

      However, someone can bid --> request transfer--> never pay after transfer.

      But once again, with paper work, milestones, and a down payment, most of this won't be a problem.

      You never send copyright material until all of the payment is in hand.


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120840].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
        Originally Posted by LMC View Post

        1. If I were to take them up all to $100/day income level, should I sell them as one big package with the membership site included or should I sell them one by one and make each front end sale and affiliate for the membership site which I sell separately.

        If I were you I would sell them one at a time


        2. How much does one website that produce $100/day for about 1-2 hours of daily effort sell for in a niche that's not very competitve and the marketing process has pertty much proven itself? How much would you pay for it?

        The question for the investor is, what can I do to improve the results or sales with this site.

        Thus, look for any flaws at all in your system, maybe a missing OTO or missing opt-in box, or missing content, or creation of a forum, blog, etc. Look for the flaws... take note.

        Discuss it in the selling of the website to create future value for the site and idea generations for the future investor.

        I would assume you are looking at a five figure sale on these sites.

        With one - two hours a day
        Revenue
        Income
        Competition Analysis

        Your hopeful buyer will probably be adding to their portfolio with the purchase.


        3. How much does a set of websites which include a membership site as well with readymade premium content pre-loaded for 8 months producing a consistent $600/day sell for, when it requires 10 hours of working effort per week? How much would you pay for it?

        Your looking a six figure sale.


        4. Where can I sell it?

        These sites are acquisitions, this is no site flip. You can try Flippa.com, BuySellWebSite.com

        I have a list of high end buyers, mainly investors, that depending on the niche I could get you a great price, however, I would need all the information about the site, traffic, URLs, Marketing, assets, etc...



        5. Will the new WSO section for completed websites support such an expensive sale?

        I doubt it. Again, a business acquisition is being done here, and yes you will receive exposure which is not a bad thing, but this 'buy' will require paper work.


        6. What kind of payment processes can be used for accepting money in excess of 5 figures at once- safetyt being the prime concern?

        Of course you can do an escrow service like escrow.com, However, I would suggest milestone wiring.

        After the sale, a deposit wire is done straight to your account, and then after a transfer, another, etc, etc.

        7. How, if at all, can I be conned?

        To be honest, at this level of a sale, most questions in the beginning will be "let me see the proof", however, anyone who bids or contacts you most likely will assume you know what your doing, and won't want to bother with messing around with your potential attorney's.

        However, someone can bid --> request transfer--> never pay after transfer.

        But once again, with paper work, milestones, and a down payment, most of this won't be a problem.

        You never send copyright material until all of the payment is in hand.


        Hey buddy, thanks for those answers.

        Pretty much confirm what I have been thinking. Won't exactly be a piece of cake, eh?

        Am I right in my basic assumption you've handled such a deal in the past? Do you do the handling part these days?

        I can safely say that this can be maxed out to over $1500/ady easily by those that know social networking (which I am not good at). I am good at PPC and PPV, and that's pretty much all I have done and/or plan to do.

        There is no blog, so I think that can be another wonderful addition, though I fail to see how it would generate extra revenue. Although our CMS for the membership site is- Wordpress, but that just contains the premium content at the moment. And I do not plan to add a free zone to it myself, although the new owner would definitely want to. Still, WP is our choice for follow up marketing as well. For all our follow up emails contain links to wordpress posts that are basically free videos in a pre-prepetual-launch style.

        And there's no forum as well. I can see why that would be a healthy addition. But I have no idea how, nor do I have it in my plan, so again a plan for expansion.

        Not gonna do much SEO either.

        I guess the paperwork would require faxing of documents to and fro. Right?

        I think first week of October would be the ideal time for me to release it. And yes, we are looking at approximately $125K to begin with, assuming I take the pack to $600/day as per my plan. Reasonable, eh?

        Thanks for your responses.
        -Lakshay

        P.S. Care to explain why you would like to sell them off separately? Would it not be difficult to tie it in with the membership site, which is common to all of them? Would require some restructuring, I guess. I was thinking it'd be much easier selling the lot all at once.

        P.P.S. In case I hire a pro to handle the acquisition for me, will they take care of restructuring? Or will I need to do that?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Todd S
    Hi Lakshay,

    I'm a complete newbie but the first thing I thought when reading your post was this, If you have these sites already set up and running making $600 per day that you said only take 10 hours a week to maintain why wouldn't you just out source the 10 hours of work. $600 x 7 = $4300, and even if you had to pay someone $2000 per week(maybe less) you would still be making $2300 and none of your time spent on it. The way I see it you got a $100000 a year hands off income stream. Why sell it.

    Todd S
    Signature

    There is no such thing as Procrastination, Its a presupposition of Inaction, A State that doesn't exist! Procrastnation is just Ineffective Action masquerading as Inaction

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MicahF7
    Hey Lakshay

    How are you doing man? It sounds like your doing pretty well!

    How is your cpa stuff doing? Still working with luke?


    Anyways, I dont think it is very hard to sell a profitable website and there are a few ways to do it. You could sale it as a wso in an auction style, or you could just set a price that you would be willing let it go for and sale it as a wso. Then there is another site that does a lot of this stuff called flippa.com/.

    Let me know, I would be very interested my buying them from you my self!

    Thanks man


    Micah Rush

    <><
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120827].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
      Originally Posted by Valorie View Post

      I don't know anything about site flipping, so I can't help you there. I just wanted to say, what a great problem to have! And I see that you are going to move to the US, so I wanted to say "Welcome!"

      -Valorie
      Val, the plan has been around since 2008, but the execution starts in 2011. But yes, I will be around you guys sometime this winter for a month or so.

      Originally Posted by Todd S View Post

      Hi Lakshay,

      I'm a complete newbie but the first thing I thought when reading your post was this, If you have these sites already set up and running making $600 per day that you said only take 10 hours a week to maintain why wouldn't you just out source the 10 hours of work. $600 x 7 = $4300, and even if you had to pay someone $2000 per week(maybe less) you would still be making $2300 and none of your time spent on it. The way I see it you got a $100000 a year hands off income stream. Why sell it.

      Todd S
      Todd, I thought about that. And that is what I would have done in any normal situation. However- I do realize that there is only so much I can do. I have CPA coaching as mentioned by Micah down there, and I am spending some time on it.

      I have other niche membership sites where I am thinking about building some real high quality CPA style landing pages and them taking them to the CPA networks, so merchant accounts and keeping up-to-date with them will be a real full time thing in its own right. Starts in October.

      I have a college... 30 hours a week. Add another 10 hours at least as the commute time. Granted I do have a chauffer who drives me around, but I can't really use that time to do business... You know what I mean. I go through some Tony Robbins stuff at that time.

      All my trained guys are maxed out at the moment, they are handling quite a lot of work themselves. I am impressed, but I can ask no more of them when all I pay them is $1k/month at least and $2K/month at best. They work 50 hours a week for me. And I frankly do not want some rookie looking after my websites. No prizes for guessing I will not be able to train any new person at the moment. Things are mad here. 11PM already, and miles to go before I sleep.

      And I might just decide to have someone train two new guys to take care of it all. And keep the remainder of the profits for myself.

      Haven't really ruled out that option, just that I want to look at other possibilities.

      Why would I wait a year to make $100K when I can make all of that today?

      Originally Posted by MicahF7 View Post

      Hey Lakshay

      How are you doing man? It sounds like your doing pretty well!

      How is your cpa stuff doing? Still working with luke?


      Anyways, I dont think it is very hard to sell a profitable website and there are a few ways to do it. You could sale it as a wso in an auction style, or you could just set a price that you would be willing let it go for and sale it as a wso. Then there is another site that does a lot of this stuff called flippa.com/.

      Let me know, I would be very interested my buying them from you my self!

      Thanks man


      Micah Rush

      <><
      Micah,

      I would also be interested and feel comfortable selling this to you. Although I am not yet out of the optimization process, just maximizing the conversion rates at the moment. But in a month I will be ready to rock 'n'roll.

      Yes, I am working with Luke, but not so actively these days. I am waiting for my first CPA checks to come in before I invest more. (Hint: BLOB)

      Thanks for all your responses guys. Keep them coming.
      -Lakshay
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120921].message }}
  • If you don't know how to do flip a site, you better search for a broker to flip it for you. Their commission is usually a 10% of the total transaction. They will be able to fish a higher bid that you'd get yourself, plus they know how to arrange the whole thing (paperwork, etc).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lance K
    How long have these sites been achieving these levels of income? How much of the income is net profit?

    You could always hire an experienced "flipper" to complete the deal for you.

    Anyway, I'd do what Todd suggested and outsource the work. Unless of course you want to produce a product on how to build a profitable site and cash out.
    Signature
    "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
    ~ Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author expertcapper
    I wish i had this problem lol

    Why not outsource?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120852].message }}
  • If you don't know how to do flip a site, you better search for a broker to flip it for you. Their commission is usually a 10% of the total transaction. They will be able to fish a higher bid that you'd get yourself, plus they know how to arrange the whole thing (paperwork, etc).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120876].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
      Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

      How long have these sites been achieving these levels of income? How much of the income is net profit?

      You could always hire an experienced "flipper" to complete the deal for you.

      Anyway, I'd do what Todd suggested and outsource the work. Unless of course you want to produce a product on how to build a profitable site and cash out.
      You caught it buddy... You really did. Something on how to make six figures in less than 3 months with less than $2K to start with is coming up soon.

      These sites have been doing over $50/day since July. I plan to take them upto $100/day each by the end of September. This is net profit. To generate $100 in net profit one would need to invest $50 in advertising on Google Adwords.

      Originally Posted by Anonymous Affiliate View Post

      If you don't know how to do flip a site, you better search for a broker to flip it for you. Their commission is usually a 10% of the total transaction. They will be able to fish a higher bid that you'd get yourself, plus they know how to arrange the whole thing (paperwork, etc).
      This is a good idea, and I will make sure I do that. Thanks for this.

      -Lakshay
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120930].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skwebsols
    You should sell some of the sites at flippa.com and outsource your work for other sites. See the listings of different sites on flippa.com to learn how to list your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jacqo
    thanks,nice to read your note.pls,keep the info following.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
    IMO, I would outsource the things you don't have the time to do and keep the income streams.

    However, if you are bent on selling your income streams, check out Flippa.com, which is an extension of Sitepoint. They may be a good place to market your site.

    If you are using forums and the such where other IMers huddle, NO ONE is going to pay FMV Fair Market Value for your virtual properties. Anytime you are selling to IMers, they are thinking FIRE SALE! There may be exceptions to that rule, but not many.

    If you want FMV, you need to think outside the box. All of the websites I've built and sold have been through outside channels. I look for and target companies and individuals that have to do with the niche I'm selling. For example, I've sold numerous websites through cold calling! It may seem like a hassle to some, but the payoff is worth it because you almost always get YOUR asking price.

    In terms of the actual transaction, there are a number of escrow services, namely: Moniker.com, Afternic.com, Escrow.com, Sedo.com

    I've used them all but my preference is Moniker. They release the funds to you as soon as the transaction is confirmed, whereas some of the others will hold the funds for 30 days. What? Yep! It sucks but you know the golden rule... "HE who has the gold makes the rules."

    My caveat; don't use Paypal to complete this type of transaction. There's just too much of a chance that after you receive the funds and transfer the domain name, files and graphics, the buyer turns around opens up a dispute and ends up getting a refund. Happens all the time!
    Signature
    Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

    ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120977].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
      Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

      IMO, I would outsource the things you don't have the time to do and keep the income streams.

      However, if you are bent on selling your income streams, check out Flippa.com, which is an extension of Sitepoint. They may be a good place to market your site.

      If you are using forums and the such where other IMers huddle, NO ONE is going to pay FMV Fair Market Value for your virtual properties. Anytime you are selling to IMers, they are thinking FIRE SALE! There may be exceptions to that rule, but not many.

      If you want FMV, you need to think outside the box. All of the websites I've built and sold have been through outside channels. I look for and target companies and individuals that have to do with the niche I'm selling. For example, I've sold numerous websites through cold calling! It may seem like a hassle to some, but the payoff is worth it because you almost always get YOUR asking price.

      In terms of the actual transaction, there are a number of escrow services, namely: Moniker.com, Afternic.com, Escrow.com, Sedo.com

      I've used them all but my preference is Moniker. They release the funds to you as soon as the transaction is confirmed, whereas some of the others will hold the funds for 30 days. What? Yep! It sucks but you know the golden rule... "HE who has the gold makes the rules."

      My caveat; don't use Paypal to complete this type of transaction. There's just too much of a chance that after you receive the funds and transfer the domain name, files and graphics, the buyer turns around opens up a dispute and ends up getting a refund. Happens all the time!

      Thanks for that advice buddy. And yes, you're right. I wouldn't even think of using PayPal for such a large transaction.

      Just a question- What would be a FMV of my sites that would have been making $18k/month for the last 2 months, and have potential to be optimized to as much as $30K/month or more with some work down the line?

      Basically, I am talking about the FMV of all six sites as one big business... what would be the FMV of such an acquisition?

      -Lakshay
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1121049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LMC
    LakShay,

    Yea, not just a click away lol. However, I have handled a few large deals, the process is pretty simple.

    I gather as much information as I can about your website from you and my own resources, target a few interested parties, some of individuals, some are investors, some are teams of investors.

    We don't even discuss anything else until I receive interested from the other parties. So we don't waste any of each others time.

    At this point, if there is interest, I handle correspondence between the interested party and yourself, most which you won't be bother with, maybe a question or two.

    Most of these individuals have there very own paperwork for you to review and go over, this is your only requirement. You need to review their paperwork, of course we can make changes and if I see something out of the ordinary I would discuss it with you.

    We sign paper work and begin on a deposit, usually 30% of the sale price. This initiates the transfer.

    Completely password protect all files when they are sent, the passwords can be removed by you or I, but this insures nothing goes wrong.

    Usually the first to move are the digital assets such as the products.

    Then once both parties agree to move to the next milestone, you do another 30% payment to move the logos, scripts, content, etc...

    Again, once the parties agree you finalize the sale by moving the domain name, customer lists, etc...

    If you want me to just see if their is interest in any of the parties, a basic description, URL, some traffic stats, and Income stats would be enough.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1120990].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
      Originally Posted by LMC View Post

      LakShay,

      Yea, not just a click away lol. However, I have handled a few large deals, the process is pretty simple.

      I gather as much information as I can about your website from you and my own resources, target a few interested parties, some of individuals, some are investors, some are teams of investors.

      We don't even discuss anything else until I receive interested from the other parties. So we don't waste any of each others time.

      At this point, if there is interest, I handle correspondence between the interested party and yourself, most which you won't be bother with, maybe a question or two.

      Most of these individuals have there very own paperwork for you to review and go over, this is your only requirement. You need to review their paperwork, of course we can make changes and if I see something out of the ordinary I would discuss it with you.

      We sign paper work and begin on a deposit, usually 30% of the sale price. This initiates the transfer.

      Completely password protect all files when they are sent, the passwords can be removed by you or I, but this insures nothing goes wrong.

      Usually the first to move are the digital assets such as the products.

      Then once both parties agree to move to the next milestone, you do another 30% payment to move the logos, scripts, content, etc...

      Again, once the parties agree you finalize the sale by moving the domain name, customer lists, etc...

      If you want me to just see if their is interest in any of the parties, a basic description, URL, some traffic stats, and Income stats would be enough.
      Yes, that makes sense.

      As of now, I am still working on the optimization of conversions so it will be some time before I can show the final numbers..But keep an eye out for my PM buddy, because sometime in the first week of Oct., your PMN inbox will be pounded with lots of links and numbers.

      Thanks for all that you have said here... Really appreciate it.

      -Lakshay
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1121116].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
    Lakshay,

    When you're talking about those types of number$, the stakes are raised considerably. Most buyers who would spend that type of money on a "Virtual Property(ies)" are going to want to see some irrefutable proof of income, traffic and future potential, and that's only FOR STARTERS!

    That being said, you're at a conundrum. If your "Virtual Properties" have only been producing income for two to three months, then they drop considerably on the "Sell, Hold, Buy" barometer. Meaning, if I'm a professional website broker and you came to me to sell your "Virtual Properties" at a premium price, I'm going to need you to show me 12 to 24 months of proof on income and traffic. If you can provide that, I'm going to rate your properties as a "5 Buy!" And then I'm going to push your "Virtual Properties to my best clients. If you can only provide 2 months of proof of income and traffic, I'm going to rate you at a "2 Hold!" Meaning, your properties have GREAT potential. However, they will be a hard sell at a premium price and a relatively soft sell at a "Fire sell" price.


    In terms of how you set the price, really and truly, there are no set rules or guidelines to go by. Some people say the sale price should be "1 year of gross revenues" while others say 2 years. The fact is the answer is actually in the form of a question, "What will the market bear?" You can set the price at whatever you like but if the market isn't buying at that price, you'll be holding your properties forever.

    If the numbers (income) are what you say they are and the niches are solid niches and not a fads, I would suggest continue churning out the income, outsourcing where you can, establish a verifiable accounting system over a twelve month term and then market your virtual properties either as a package or individually.

    I'm sharing that because I've been where you are with some sites in the legal field that I have been cultivating for approximately 18 months now. I've even gone so far as to obtain ®Trademarks on four of the sites. Based on the verifiable income, traffic, back links, PageRank and Alexa ranking, I'm estimating that each site will sell at a minimum of around $250k to $275k in about another 9 to 12 months. But bare in mind, this was a well thought out plan on my part. I acquired the domain names with this plan in sight. I saw what the major law firms were doing and how they were executing their online marketing schemes and duplicated what they were doing and added my own twists. My market is laser targeted and I'm delivering exactly what the top-notch law firms are clamoring for online and offline.

    In summation, if your web properties are currently generating that type of income, don't settle for breadcrumbs when you can cultivate the sites and turn around and make a MINT!
    Signature
    Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

    ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1121909].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
      Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

      Lakshay,

      When you're talking about those types of number$, the stakes are raised considerably. Most buyers who would spend that type of money on a "Virtual Property(ies)" are going to want to see some irrefutable proof of income, traffic and future potential, and that's only FOR STARTERS!

      That being said, you're at a conundrum. If your "Virtual Properties" have only been producing income for two to three months, then they drop considerably on the "Sell, Hold, Buy" barometer. Meaning, if I'm a professional website broker and you came to me to sell your "Virtual Properties" at a premium price, I'm going to need you to show me 12 to 24 months of proof on income and traffic. If you can provide that, I'm going to rate your properties as a "5 Buy!" And then I'm going to push your "Virtual Properties to my best clients. If you can only provide 2 months of proof of income and traffic, I'm going to rate you at a "2 Hold!" Meaning, your properties have GREAT potential. However, they will be a hard sell at a premium price and a relatively soft sell at a "Fire sell" price.


      In terms of how you set the price, really and truly, there are no set rules or guidelines to go by. Some people say the sale price should be "1 year of gross revenues" while others say 2 years. The fact is the answer is actually in the form of a question, "What will the market bear?" You can set the price at whatever you like but if the market isn't buying at that price, you'll be holding your properties forever.

      If the numbers (income) are what you say they are and the niches are solid niches and not a fads, I would suggest continue churning out the income, outsourcing where you can, establish a verifiable accounting system over a twelve month term and then market your virtual properties either as a package or individually.

      I'm sharing that because I've been where you are with some sites in the legal field that I have been cultivating for approximately 18 months now. I've even gone so far as to obtain ®Trademarks on four of the sites. Based on the verifiable income, traffic, back links, PageRank and Alexa ranking, I'm estimating that each site will sell at a minimum of around $250k to $275k in about another 9 to 12 months. But bare in mind, this was a well thought out plan on my part. I acquired the domain names with this plan in sight. I saw what the major law firms were doing and how they were executing their online marketing schemes and duplicated what they were doing and added my own twists. My market is laser targeted and I'm delivering exactly what the top-notch law firms are clamoring for online and offline.

      In summation, if your web properties are currently generating that type of income, don't settle for breadcrumbs when you can cultivate the sites and turn around and make a MINT!
      This is great stuff.

      However, due to the reasons I mentioned, not very practical for me just now.

      Also, a bigger goal is to show people its possible to make $200K in 4 months starting from virtually nothing apart from a few domains, hosting and a few hundred dollars for design etc., and create an info product out of it.

      Of course I do cultivate other sites-- some because I plan to keep yhem for as long as I possibly can- others, because I want to gift them to my brother when he turns 18. And then there are tohers that I would love to take to CPA networks if the niche product has a mass appeal.

      But I do not see myself spending hours and hours on something like a parenting niche... though its a great niche, it's not something I can create videos for myself- which happens to be my most commonly used way of creating content- products or just marketing. I guess 20 year old guys can have more credibility in other niches than this.

      But yes, I see your point- a couple of months of income proof will definitely not give me the same status as a couple of years worth of it. And I will surely keep it at the back of my mind before I make any decisions.

      Thanks
      -Lakshay

      -Lakshay
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1125001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mangozoom
    Todd gets my vote ... I would outsource and employ someone to run them.

    This way you keep the revenue streams running with minimal involvement
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1121922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mangot
    Same here - I have been struggling with low value-added operation tasks and couldn't advance further until I found the key to outsourcing. However, be patient in selecting / accessing your outsource staffs - who might make or break your buz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1122395].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
    Me- Listening to too many people and believing their word as the final answer... I learned that having and learning from feedback is good, following techniques followed by successful people is also great, but what is required is my own personal touch to things.

    There are people who love me and there are those that love to hate me- they would continue to do so regardless of the pen name and identity I assume.

    It's only wise to listen to one's hunches.

    -Lakshay

    EDIT:

    Please note this post was not intended to be made in this thread, as I explain a couple of posts below.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1124739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
    Lakshay, you pretty much just explained why so many people never achieve the true success they're seeking. They get side swiped by someone else's lack of efforts, poorly researched information, personal bad decisions or laziness.

    You listened to the input of others and decided, (potentially) to take a totally different path than anyone suggested. That's called being the great decision maker!

    Much success to you!
    Signature
    Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

    ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1124932].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
      Originally Posted by lakshaybehl View Post

      Me- Listening to too many people and believing their word as the final answer... I learned that having and learning from feedback is good, following techniques followed by successful people is also great, but what is required is my own personal touch to things.

      There are people who love me and there are those that love to hate me- they would continue to do so regardless of the pen name and identity I assume.

      It's only wise to listen to one's hunches.

      -Lakshay

      Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

      Lakshay, you pretty much just explained why so many people never achieve the true success they're seeking. They get side swiped by someone else's lack of efforts, poorly researched information, personal bad decisions or laziness.

      You listened to the input of others and decided, (potentially) to take a totally different path than anyone suggested. That's called being the great decision maker!

      Much success to you!
      You know what happened there, buddy?

      I was intending to post in another one of the threads around while I was also going through the valuable opinions you guys have all presented here, but I got mixed up for a moment, and the content I intended to post as a reply to that thread was accidentally posted here.

      Of course, that thread was where someone wanted our opinions on what we felt the greatest mistakes were... And I was thinking about my early days where I either accepted someone's advice like the holy grail or rejected it like a piece of ****... instead of taking all of it with a grain of salt and thinking rationally over time.

      So what that essentially means is that I completely value the opinion of everyone that's tried to help me out in some way here, and I completely appreciate the fact you took the time to post an advice to me which potentially would stop me from making a big or small mistake or help me make a better decision.

      As far as the selling of the websites is concerned, I spoke to someone locally, an investor really, and told him the deal. And you know what- He's more than willing to give it a serious consideration.

      So please know that if anything I said hurt your feelings... I apologize sincerely for that. And please know it was just a f^ck up of posts and threads.

      -Lakshay
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1124977].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
        Originally Posted by lakshaybehl View Post

        You know what happened there, buddy?

        I was intending to post in another one of the threads around while I was also going through the valuable opinions you guys have all presented here, but I got mixed up for a moment, and the content I intended to post as a reply to that thread was accidentally posted here.

        Of course, that thread was where someone wanted our opinions on what we felt the greatest mistakes were... And I was thinking about my early days where I either accepted someone's advice like the holy grail or rejected it like a piece of ****... instead of taking all of it with a grain of salt and thinking rationally over time.

        So what that essentially means is that I completely value the opinion of everyone that's tried to help me out in some way here, and I completely appreciate the fact you took the time to post an advice to me which potentially would stop me from making a big or small mistake or help me make a better decision.

        As far as the selling of the websites is concerned, I spoke to someone locally, an investor really, and told him the deal. And you know what- He's more than willing to give it a serious consideration.

        So please know that if anything I said hurt your feelings... I apologize sincerely for that. And please know it was just a f^ck up of posts and threads.

        -Lakshay
        Actually even if you made a mistake, what you said was so on point!!! I've have people who watched my income soar from ground zero. I'm talking they actually sat at my desk at looked at my Adsense Acct. Linkconnector Acct and other CPA, B-U-T they allowed the opinions of others to discourage them from engaging in Internet Marketing.

        They had it made because they had no learning curve; it was just a matter of watching what I was doing and copy it! Some of those guys are still working for the man twelve and fourteen hours a day while I'm on cruise control.

        Trust me when I tell you that absolutely no offense was taken, you are an intelligent individual and I realized you were going to get a number of different view points and perspectives. That's the beauty of being part of the Warrior Forum; you can bounce things off of some of the sharpest minds in the business!!!

        To your success!!!
        Signature
        Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

        ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1125380].message }}

Trending Topics