11 replies
Hi guyz,

I am thinking to try leadpages, my doubt is : if I stopped using it, then does my landing pages stops working? The reason I have asked this becuase, Leadpages has a "Export html" option, so I think there shouldn't be any problem even if we stopped using leadpages later.

Am I Wrong?
#leadpages #query
  • Profile picture of the author DeadRooster
    Originally Posted by gillw254 View Post

    Hi guyz,

    I am thinking to try leadpages, my doubt is : if I stopped using it, then does my landing pages stops working? The reason I have asked this becuase, Leadpages has a "Export html" option, so I think there shouldn't be any problem even if we stopped using leadpages later.

    Am I Wrong?
    I was a LeadPages subscriber and before I left all I did was download the HTML to use it on my own self-hosted site.

    I just loaded the HTML from LeadPages onto my desktop and used it as a copy-and-paste source for InstaBuilder.

    I'm sure you could just upload the HTML to your own server but you'd need to change a few things like image source urls and opt-in form stuff.
    Signature
    Get my latest book! Available in both paperback and Kindle
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655532].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gillw254
      Originally Posted by DeadRooster View Post

      I was a LeadPages subscriber and before I left all I did was download the HTML to use it on my own self-hosted site.

      I just loaded the HTML from LeadPages onto my desktop and used it as a copy-and-paste source for InstaBuilder.

      I'm sure you could just upload the HTML to your own server but you'd need to change a few things like image source urls and opt-in form stuff.
      Thanks a lot! Iam aware of html stuff. Before I ask here, I actually asked the same query to leadpages support, they have replied me that leadpages wont work at all after I have removed my subscription.


      So to download, I should buy a pro version, right? 'standard' doesnt allow me to download html i guess.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655570].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DeadRooster
        Originally Posted by gillw254 View Post

        So to download, I should buy a pro version, right? 'standard' doesnt allow me to download html i guess.
        I don't think I had the Pro version; but, it's been a while so I can't remember for sure. I don't know why they'd make you buy the pro version for that. Everyone needs to back-up their pages.

        Besides, they give you a 30-day money back guarantee so you could always take them up on it if it doesn't work out.
        Signature
        Get my latest book! Available in both paperback and Kindle
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DeadRooster
    OK, I just checked and I DID have the pro version; however, it looks like you can export HTML with the standard version as well.
    Signature
    Get my latest book! Available in both paperback and Kindle
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655609].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gillw254
      Originally Posted by DeadRooster View Post

      OK, I just checked and I DID have the pro version; however, it looks like you can export HTML with the standard version as well.
      I just checked 'Pricing' page in their site, 'advanced html export' option not there for standard.

      I am wondering whether upsells pages works, if i unsubscribe from their program.

      one more thing: for opt-in to work: what exactly to change in the code?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655626].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author answergal
        Originally Posted by gillw254 View Post

        I just checked 'Pricing' page in their site, 'advanced html export' option not there for standard.

        I am wondering whether upsells pages works, if i unsubscribe from their program.

        one more thing: for opt-in to work: what exactly to change in the code?
        The opt-in code comes from your Autoresponder, not LeadPages. Just grab the same code you used in LP and embed it in your new form, ie. on Instabuilder.

        You BIGGER problem with LeadPages is going to be that if you have, for instance, a sales page or squeeze page you created on LeadPages, that you've linked to in a million places over a year, let's say...

        Now, you drop your subscription...

        The html code may be fine and you can transfer everything to your Instabuilder fine, BUT... all your links are going to be broken.

        When LP tells you your pages won't work if you quit, they don't mean the coding will be corrupted somehow, but the URL LINKS that you've plastered in a million places over a year are no longer functional.

        You could have those links on your blog posts (on many of them), in your tons of emails autoresponder messages, on the Warrior Forum, on Facebook, maybe in your FB tabs, on your LinkedIn posts... and it goes on and on and on.

        Pretty big job to backtrack on all that and swap out your new Instabuilder links.

        It's a big way that companies hosting your stuff (like landing pages) hold you hostage. It's not that you can't do all that work, it's just a nightmare to do.

        Does it sound like I've "been there - done that" ?? haha
        Signature
        ...==> [GET FREE ACCESS]... "My 3 List Building Machines" shows you exactly what I do to "build a massive email list" of highly targeted, hungry and responsive subscribers... eager to buy your products and services, over and over again.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sean DeSilva
    Leadpages knows that you don't want your valuable sales page URLs to be broken. When you try and cancel, they hit you in the face with a message that says exactly that. I have clients that use Leadpages every day, on my own sites I prefer to use Thrive Content Builder.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gillw254
    Just want to know, how many here using Leadpages since months and making good money? Could you please share your thoughts..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10656187].message }}
    • Originally Posted by gillw254 View Post

      Just want to know, how many here using Leadpages since months and making good money? Could you please share your thoughts..
      Hey gillw254,
      I don't think so using a monthly fee service like leadpage is a good idea for marketers because it is not affordable at all specially for those who just started. I was a member of leadpage for years but you know as a marketer you have to test your landing page to understand which are better performing.
      Signature

      Best Self Hosted Autoresponder + Sqeeze/Landing Page Builder + Video Player At 75% OFF !

      http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...eo-player.html

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10656802].message }}
  • I think there is no problem after you export your HTML content and upload it to your site even after you stopped your membership with Leadpages. We've been using it for months and so far the conversion is great especially with their templates. They are also easy to use and edit. Right now we still haven't completely launched our site with last minute tweaks and still trying to transfer from Mailchimp to Infusionsoft.

    So far, there's no problem with Leadpages.
    Signature
    The ultimate site for your camping, survival, outdoor, adventure and travel needs.
    >> Get your survival and outdoor freebies here <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10657059].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gillw254
      Originally Posted by Useful Survival Tools View Post

      I think there is no problem after you export your HTML content and upload it to your site even after you stopped your membership with Leadpages. We've been using it for months and so far the conversion is great especially with their templates. They are also easy to use and edit. Right now we still haven't completely launched our site with last minute tweaks and still trying to transfer from Mailchimp to Infusionsoft.

      So far, there's no problem with Leadpages.
      How about upsells? Do they stop working? ( I mean links especially, assume if I unsubscribed with them )
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10657384].message }}

Trending Topics