Amazon Affiliate Application Denied.. Again.

24 replies
Last time they rejected me because of thin content, and i filled it up and now they reject me for this:

"Thank you for your interest in the Amazon Associates Program.

We have completed our review of your application to the Amazon Associates Program, which included a visit to the website where you planned to create links to our store.

We found you listed the URL for your web site as: 10BestOnes | Find The Best Choices!. Your web site includes the unapproved use of Amazon.com trademarked words, images, or reviews.

We do not allow the use of URLs, trademarks, logos, etc. that include words that are trademarked by Amazon.com LLC. This includes variations or misspellings of any trademarked words. We are therefore unable to approve your application. Accordingly, we have closed the account under which you had been temporarily approved and that approval has now ended.

If your website has been further developed and now contains appropriate content, you are welcome to submit another application by using the following URL:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/join "


What the hell does that even mean? I have no where used their images or anything.
#affiliate #amazon #application #denied
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 1337Teh
    I've seen tons of websites doing that and no one of them got banned or anything. Any other reason maybe? :/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672546].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BradVert2013
      Originally Posted by 1337Teh View Post

      I've seen tons of websites doing that and no one of them got banned or anything. Any other reason maybe? :/
      Those other websites probably haven't been caught yet.

      Just because others can get away with something, doesn't mean you will.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672625].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
      Originally Posted by 1337Teh View Post

      I've seen tons of websites doing that and no one of them got banned or anything. Any other reason maybe? :/
      The heck with "other" websites. Do what YOU need to do to stay along guidelines with everything you do online. You sound like the new guy who just started selling dope and then get mad for doing illegal activity, even though other dope sellers near you haven't been caught yet.

      Tighten up the site and submit it while being within the rules. You're actually lucky that they gave you another chance.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 1337Teh
    Yeah but that's the only reason they didnt accept me right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672675].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by 1337Teh View Post

      Yeah but that's the only reason they didnt accept me right?
      Here's a weird idea. I know it's crazy, but it just might work.

      Contact Amazon and explain that you've had two applications denied and you need some extra information on how to fix your site so the next application takes.

      You'll get a better answer than any of our guesses.

      And don't be afraid to pick up the phone if you are in the USA. Last time I needed a more detailed answer than the front line support people could give, a simple phone call cleared things up in 15 minutes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672751].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 1337Teh
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        Here's a weird idea. I know it's crazy, but it just might work.

        Contact Amazon and explain that you've had two applications denied and you need some extra information on how to fix your site so the next application takes.

        You'll get a better answer than any of our guesses.

        And don't be afraid to pick up the phone if you are in the USA. Last time I needed a more detailed answer than the front line support people could give, a simple phone call cleared things up in 15 minutes.
        I know man, ive tried sending emails but i get the same response all the time, and i wish i was in the USA, i would of have called them long time ago.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672753].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
          Originally Posted by 1337Teh View Post

          I know man, ive tried sending emails but i get the same response all the time, and i wish i was in the USA, i would of have called them long time ago.
          Fair enough.

          Have you tried the associates forums? Maybe you can get a better answer through the back door.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672757].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author celente
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        Here's a weird idea. I know it's crazy, but it just might work.

        Contact Amazon and explain that you've had two applications denied and you need some extra information on how to fix your site so the next application takes.

        You'll get a better answer than any of our guesses.

        And don't be afraid to pick up the phone if you are in the USA. Last time I needed a more detailed answer than the front line support people could give, a simple phone call cleared things up in 15 minutes.
        this is great advice yet again from JOHN.

        I have found with amazon, and paypal, as soon as you get on the blower [phone] things get cleared up alot quicker.

        plus you guys live in USA, I live in OZ, so I gotta stay up late 3am until it business hours in US. LOL
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673132].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author agmccall
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        Here's a weird idea. I know it's crazy, but it just might work.

        Contact Amazon and explain that you've had two applications denied and you need some extra information on how to fix your site so the next application takes.

        You'll get a better answer than any of our guesses.

        And don't be afraid to pick up the phone if you are in the USA. Last time I needed a more detailed answer than the front line support people could give, a simple phone call cleared things up in 15 minutes.
        You should also go directly to the amazon associates forum for help. You will be better off there. Amazon employees are on the forums regularly, also the people that frequent the forum are very knowledgeable of the program.

        https://engagedforums.com/discussion...p?redirCnt=1&=

        al
        Signature
        "Theater, sports, movies, and church are all driven primarily by an ancient desire to be in each other’s proximity." ~David Marcus~
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673670].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by 1337Teh View Post

      Yeah but that's the only reason they didnt accept me right?
      Maybe they just don't want to deal with you.... Unless you can get a direct answer from Amazon move on and stop wasting time....
      Noone here can help you...
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672884].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
      Originally Posted by 1337Teh View Post

      Yeah but that's the only reason they didnt accept me right?
      No.

      You may not like this if you do not like constructive criticism, but I've been around the block a few times so here goes ....

      Your website, IMHO, is mediocre and probably not going to bring any sales anyway. I can't imagine what it looked like when it was rejected as "thin". This isn't currently a website where Amazon, or anyone, is going to go - wow - we really want this site to be associated with promoting our brand.

      Not that it can't get there ... it just isn't there right now.

      It's way too general and scattered. Fact is: mediocre WordPress Amazon affiliate sites are a dime a dozen. Make that a dime a hundred. I've looked at hundreds and my suggestion is to focus hard on one specific niche, and only later think about branching out.

      You were already denied once because your "resume" being submitted for the job was poor. You beefed it up a little bit to try and be passable.

      But then we could quickly see you were making custom Amazon graphics.

      Additionally, your pages are not passing Copyscape cleanly. You have text lifted from Amazon. I saw that on 2 out 2 pages I checked.

      You may want to pay attention to the reason for denial which also referenced using info from Amazon.

      So a choice is made ... ask you to tweak something or just can your application.

      If you had a quality, established site trusted by your audience you may have received a different response.

      Finally, your site doesn't make any sense. For a "10 Best Ones" theme why don't you have something like: The 10 Best Inkjet Printers for Artists, The 10 Best Digital Cameras for Indoor Use, etc.

      I like the domain name and what it makes someone believe they will be getting. I think you need to create some matching content. Make it the best you can, and run every page through Copyscape until it is 100% clean.

      Also, a common mistake newbies make is believing every page has to be a product review with affiliate links. 10 Best Computers in Sci-Fi Movies could be an interesting, quality article, without a single affiliate link (unless a link made sense).

      Make the changes and submit again.

      - No text from Amazon.
      - No custom Amazon graphics.
      - Tighten up the scope of the content.
      - Make the content great.
      - Coordinate the content with the domain theme.
      - Add a contact and about page. One of your reviews starts something like: You guys know I like HP ... Uh no. No one knows who you are are why anyone should pay attention to any of your reviews.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672919].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 1337Teh
        Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

        No.

        You may not like this if you do not like constructive criticism, but I've been around the block a few times so here goes ....

        Your website, IMHO, is mediocre and probably not going to bring any sales anyway. I can't imagine what it looked like when it was rejected as "thin". This isn't currently a website where Amazon, or anyone, is going to go - wow - we really want this site to be associated with promoting our brand.

        Not that it can't get there ... it just isn't there right now.

        It's way too general and scattered. Fact is: mediocre WordPress Amazon affiliate sites are a dime a dozen. Make that a dime a hundred. I've looked at hundreds and my suggestion is to focus hard on one specific niche, and only later think about branching out.

        You were already denied once because your "resume" being submitted for the job was poor. You beefed it up a little bit to try and be passable.

        But then we could quickly see you were making custom Amazon graphics.

        Additionally, your pages are not passing Copyscape cleanly. You have text lifted from Amazon. I saw that on 2 out 2 pages I checked.

        You may want to pay attention to the reason for denial which also referenced using info from Amazon.

        So a choice is made ... ask you to tweak something or just can your application.

        If you had a quality, established site trusted by your audience you may have received a different response.

        Finally, your site doesn't make any sense. For a "10 Best Ones" theme why don't you have something like: The 10 Best Inkjet Printers for Artists, The 10 Best Digital Cameras for Indoor Use, etc.

        I like the domain name and what it makes someone believe they will be getting. I think you need to create some matching content. Make it the best you can, and run every page through Copyscape until it is 100% clean.

        Also, a common mistake newbies make is believing every page has to be a product review with affiliate links. 10 Best Computers in Sci-Fi Movies could be an interesting, quality article, without a single affiliate link (unless a link made sense).

        Make the changes and submit again.

        - No text from Amazon.
        - No custom Amazon graphics.
        - Tighten up the scope of the content.
        - Make the content great.
        - Coordinate the content with the domain theme.
        - Add a contact and about page. One of your reviews starts something like: You guys know I like HP ... Uh no. No one knows who you are are why anyone should pay attention to any of your reviews.

        .
        Thanks a lot for the reply, i really appreciate it, as this really opened my eyes. I get all my traffic from YouTube, so that's why there isn't much content, because all the content that the user needs to see is on the YouTube videos. I will apply the things you told me and try to re-apply. Thanks again!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wentzco
    I saw this listed as a source on a post from Amazon's discussion board of graphic images you can use - https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...rentProtocol=1

    I was worried when I saw your thread as a plug-in I use adds "buy from Amazon" images which I use. However they indeed are approved graphics so i was relieved.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ANDREIS
    Here are the links:

    https://affiliate-program.amazon.com.../participation

    https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...rating/linking

    You've done something which is not in accordance with the rules set out in Associates Program Rules. Go through them and see if there something that you haven't done right.

    The way I see it on the first glance, your buttons may be a problem. Why? It must be clear that when a visitor clicks a link, they're going to land on Amazon's site. With your buttons a visitor can't see where that button leads. Other thing that may be wrong...reviews from Amazon may not be used on your site in any form other than through Amazon API. Anyway, go through the links above and read that thoroughly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672918].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
    In addition to Brian's excellent advice, I would suggest you use your actual Amazon affiliate link rather than a cloaked link to the amazon product.

    Disguising the fact that you are sending the prospect to the Amazon site is a sure way to get your application denied.

    This isn't rocket science... read the rules!
    Signature

    Sid Hale
    Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672971].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by Sid Hale View Post

      In addition to Brian's excellent advice, I would suggest you use your actual Amazon affiliate link rather than a cloaked link to the amazon product.

      Disguising the fact that you are sending the prospect to the Amazon site is a sure way to get your application denied.

      This isn't rocket science... read the rules!
      Actually Sid, it looks like he is using the link shortener provided by Amazon itself. But, I could be wrong

      al
      Signature
      "Theater, sports, movies, and church are all driven primarily by an ancient desire to be in each other’s proximity." ~David Marcus~
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673673].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
        You/re right Al,

        Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

        Actually Sid, it looks like he is using the link shortener provided by Amazon itself. But, I could be wrong
        I wasn't aware that Amazon had adopted this premier service from bit.ly
        Signature

        Sid Hale
        Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10674702].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author pawandave
          Banned
          Recently amazon.com became very strict. Make sure you follow all rules
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10675296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick Skeens
    Honestly, you could earn more money shining shoes in Ethiopia than with the Amazon Associate Program. If you have niche products, look into drop shipping them from Amazon. It takes more work on your part, but, there's more $ to be made.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10675319].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cooler1
    On the Amazon Associates discussion forum there is a stickied thread which is about creating your own graphics. It says that you can't make your own graphics that incorporate the Amazon swoosh or any other graphical mark. However, it says that you can use the word "Amazon" in plain text. The OP isn't using a stylized Amazon name in their image, so wouldn't that be compliant?

    Quote from thread-

    You can make your own buttons using the word "Amazon", the plain text, I was told that was allowed, Anything beyond that, you're not allowed to make on your own.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10675320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 1337Teh
    Well guys, i changed my buttons to "See Price & Buy Now" from "Buy on Amazon", applied again, and i got this e-mail reply:


    I am happy and got motivated right now, time to rank some vids
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10675845].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author angryanimal
      Originally Posted by 1337Teh View Post

      Well guys, i changed my buttons to "See Price & Buy Now" from "Buy on Amazon", applied again, and i got this e-mail reply:


      I am happy and got motivated right now, time to rank some vids
      Congrats! I kinda like your website.
      May I ask how long did it take to get your first sale on Amazon?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770332].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gabrielrala
    better go to their links and do little research maybe you have violated some of their regulations, just follow what the instructions are, anyway they are still open for you, I'm hoping for the best and wishing you luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10771250].message }}

Trending Topics