WHAT WORKS FASTER: CPA marketing ...or... AFFILIATE marketing?

by rob21
49 replies
If you were getting started today and needed to get some "fast cash", would you go for: - CPA MARKETING, and get paid smaller commissions for (leads, names, zip codes, etc), or AFFILIATE MARKETING, and get higher commissions promoting other peoples products ?
#affiliate #cpa #faster #marketing #works
  • Profile picture of the author Olavski
    If I would start all over again, I would definitely start again with CPS affiliate marketing. It's a myth that CPA is easier...just my opinion
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672680].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
      Originally Posted by Olavski View Post

      If I would start all over again, I would definitely start again with CPS affiliate marketing. It's a myth that CPA is easier...just my opinion
      There should be no term as fast cash when referring to Internet Marketing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10680462].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
        Originally Posted by Rory Singh View Post

        There should be no term as fast cash when referring to Internet Marketing.
        I feel you Rory.

        But if we set an affiliates approval to "Instant" in JVzoo and that person knows how to promote then he/she is about to make some Fast Cash.

        Its not profanity. It's a good thing my friend.

        Now I get it....chasing pushbutton unicorn rainbows and a pot of over night gold is definitely not the way to go but I just prefer going the optimist route as much as I can I guess.

        -Art
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10680656].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
          I feel you Rory.

          But if we set an affiliates approval to "Instant" in JVzoo and that person knows how to promote then he/she is about to make some Fast Cash.

          Its not profanity. It's a good thing my friend.

          Now I get it....chasing pushbutton unicorn rainbows and a pot of over night gold is definitely not the way to go but I just prefer going the optimist route as much as I can I guess.

          -Art
          I disagree. There is no such thing as fast cash for a new marketer who is still in learning mode. However if someone does have experience and skill sets 'already', then that's a different.

          But in the end, the ONLY affiliates who can make 'fast cash' are the guys and girls who have 'already' built up a following, a list and skill sets.

          So fast cash is possible. Instant cash is possible. But getting to that point for the people who can do it, most likely took years.

          Hope you understand what I mean this time.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10984108].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spazz896
    It's basically the same thing..... I would focus on stuff that gives commissions of $100+, It's takes the same amount of effort selling a $27 as a $1000 product.. and for whatever reason, the more the product costs you get less refunds/fraud to deal with, and quality of the customer is better with higher end products.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672693].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author abajan
      Originally Posted by spazz896 View Post

      It's basically the same thing..... I would focus on stuff that gives commissions of $100+, It's takes the same amount of effort selling a $27 as a $1000 product.. and for whatever reason, the more the product costs you get less refunds/fraud to deal with, and quality of the customer is better with higher end products.
      It would normally take more effort to sell a $1000 product than a $27 one. However, if I'm not mistaken, the point I think you were trying to make is that it would be less than 37 times the effort (1000/27). It wouldn't even be half of that.

      Perhaps, it's also worth noting that when it comes to high ticket items, it's almost always better to go with physical products than digital ones because refund rates are known to be much lower with the former. Physical products have a higher perceived value than digital ones and customers tend to be more committed to using the former and not requesting their money back on a whim.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681389].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author daalmans
      Originally Posted by spazz896 View Post

      It's basically the same thing..... I would focus on stuff that gives commissions of $100+, It's takes the same amount of effort selling a $27 as a $1000 product.. and for whatever reason, the more the product costs you get less refunds/fraud to deal with, and quality of the customer is better with higher end products.
      Is it really the same thing to sell a $7 or a $100+ product to a cold lead? To be honest I will not buy a $100+ product from a vendor that is unknown to me. If I look at the typical sales funnels, I see always the same story; start with a $7 product, thereafter offer an upsell of $17 to start with. In a next mail there is a $27 product offered and if not converted a light version is offered for $17. On his way to the high ticket backend product the funnel is increasing his prices continuously. At the same time the number of buyers is reduced at the backend to below 0.1%. Is this approach not actual anymore?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dynamyt100
    There is no way to make fast cash nowadays. It takes time and effort to rank so put your efforts into higher costing items like mentioned above.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skmyna
    If you can drive good amount of traffic then both can be effective.Single page conversion CPA offers would be cheaper in terms of driving traffic to earn some fast cash than CPS. Over all one needs proper plan and experience to profit from any platform.
    Signature
    See How To Go From $0 To $100K In A Year
    ==>> The Exact Bluprint - Download Here <<==
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672716].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    I've been promoting CPA offers for 16+ years, at the same time I also promote affiliate offers and there really is no difference. You could get the same exact offer from a CPA network that you could by going direct to the advertiser/ offer owner.

    The benefits of getting it direct is that you will typically get a higher payout and if you can produce volume, you may be able to get your own creatives/landing page, so your not running what everyone else is.

    On the flip-side, if the advertiser ever becomes flaky and doesn't pay, the CPA network is still going to pay you. Also they could have an offer that you can't get direct.

    I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead) offers because there is no credit card required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form, in order to get a commission. So conversion rates are typically much higher. In addition free sign-ups and free trials (plus s&h) can work well too.

    The key that I look for with any offer, is that it has mass appeal...likely to be of interest to a large /wide audience. So the potential exist to be able to produce high volume of conversions.

    So it's more about the offer, than where I get it from.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    19 Years Exp . . . . . . . . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    If I really needed "fast cash", I'd look for a service to provide where I could ask for payment up front. It is trading hours for dollars, but the objective is to get get cash in hand quickly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672740].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Charles Harper
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      If I really needed "fast cash", I'd look for a service to provide where I could ask for payment up front. It is trading hours for dollars, but the objective is to get get cash in hand quickly.
      Yups, that's the truth Ruth.

      The only thing I've seen where people get checks with three zeros and/or four zeros fast is offering some kind of service.

      To your question, I guess if you were to figure out how to spend some money to get traffic to the right kind of Ad at the right time that would be fast.

      You're still not going to get paid until the end of the month.

      So, if you can get traffic to an offer and you have mastered paid, you might as well send it to an offer that pays instant commissions.

      There are all kinds of pitfalls to that, but others have done it. You have to really know what the heck you're doing though with Ads. You typically don't pay that bill with Facebook until the end of the month.

      Charles
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10677197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Originally Posted by rob21 View Post

    If you were getting started today and needed to get some "fast cash", would you go for?
    There is no such thing as "Fast Cash" online starting out....
    Could you maybe tell us where you heard this or is it your own theory?
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GetPLRhere
    It's easier to get leads so a CPA affiliate works great for a general audience. If your traffic is highly targeted and ready to buy, then Affiliate marketing will be good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trobo
    For a newbie, there's pros & cons to each:

    Affiliate marketing networks like Clickbank often don't require an application, so you could sign up and begin promoting products right away. However, you only earn commission if there's a sale, so you'll need to spend more time nurturing your leads and building relationships.

    Most CPA networks require an interview/application process, so this is often a barrier for people just starting out. Some of these networks are more "newbie friendly" and less strict though, so it really depends on the network itself. The up side to promoting CPA offers is that you usually earn commission just for sign ups - no sale needed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danieldesai
    Technically, CPA marketing is affiliate marketing.

    You might earn your first dollar faster with CPA than "regular" affiliate marketing but at the end of the day, it's the same thing...

    Driving targeted traffic to an offer.

    Both can be lucrative, and both are a waste of time if you don't understand that it takes a serious commitment to see substantial results.

    Regards,
    Daniel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Naima Azhar
    What about clickbank for my blog?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672852].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    It's basically the same thing.....
    CPA = Cost Per Action

    That action might be an email submit, a free trial sign-up or a sale.

    Semantics.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Isaiah Jackson
    Originally Posted by rob21 View Post

    If you were getting started today and needed to get some "fast cash", would you go for: - CPA MARKETING, and get paid smaller commissions for (leads, names, zip codes, etc), or AFFILIATE MARKETING, and get higher commissions promoting other peoples products ?
    Neither.

    If you need "fast cash" your best bet would to
    offer a service to someone who needs it.

    And don't just limit it to online use either.

    Go build a website for someone.

    Rank a video for someone.

    Go house sit.

    Dog walk.

    House clean

    Mow lawns.

    Fast cash right?

    If it takes you 15 minutes to mow the lawn
    and you charge say $20 a lawn.

    In one hour you could make at least $80.

    $80/hour.

    How many of those hours would you be willing to work?

    Isaiah
    Signature
    Controversial Free Report Reveals - Cutting Edged Strategy That Made $1,448 In 28 Days From A Tiny List Of 188 Subscribers. - Click Here For More Info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10672861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Junaid Afzaal
    CPA and Affiliate Marketing, both aren't quick rick schemes. Please start building a list when you start any of these methods. Easiest methods for building a list is to provide PLR products and then promote them on YouTube, Instagram and other social media channels.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pankja
    For fast results CPA marketing is best and for long term business then Affiliate marketing is best. But both required patience, efforts, strategy and plan to get the results.
    Signature

    HANGOUT WITH ME HERE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RennieBottali
    I prefer CPA marketing to promote our business site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673685].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lubeisedap
    i prefer both ...use solo ads with maximum effort
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Isaiah Jackson
    Truthfully the one that works faster would be the one you can get set up the fastest.

    So no thinking just start doing.

    Think about it all later.

    Which ever one you can get up and running.

    Some CPA networks require approval... You can sign up as an affiliate on ClickBank right now.

    Depends on which you can get up and running and how fast.

    Isaiah
    Signature
    Controversial Free Report Reveals - Cutting Edged Strategy That Made $1,448 In 28 Days From A Tiny List Of 188 Subscribers. - Click Here For More Info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673722].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    I got started in CPA Marketing. Pretty simple with the email submits and relatively quick compared to other forms of Affiliate marketing


    - Robert Andrew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TB Ann
    I can say CPA marketing works good and deliver faster results.
    Signature
    SELL & BUY Adult Traffic
    www.trafficbroker.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673771].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author primeonemedia
    Hi! If you want to get fast earnings go for CPA and you can negotiate a capped fee for the offer you're selling. However, if you want to shoot for the long run, you should go with revenue share (affiliate program) and negotiate a higher commission.
    Signature

    Bingo and Casino offers. First hand. Best CPA and CPL deals around.
    Skype: felix.primeone, b2bprimeone

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673929].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jess4mari
    It takes time and effort to rank so put your efforts into higher costing items like mentioned above.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10675167].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pawandave
      Banned
      Almost not much difference bUt in my opinion focus on HIGh END product promotion
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10675184].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author keep well
    From my experience both are tough but cpa marketing is easier and work fast than affiliate marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10677165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I would do the recurring income affiliate programs (ex: webhosting, membership sites, porn, etc). Getting paid to generate leads for someone isn't exactly my cup of tea as being a stable long term business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10677692].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author juarakokcak
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      I would do the recurring income affiliate programs (ex: webhosting, membership sites, porn, etc). Getting paid to generate leads for someone isn't exactly my cup of tea as being a stable long term business.
      any example bro ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10678126].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author intensecool
    I really believe CPA marketing gives you access to cash quickly as with my clients they are able to recover money in CPA earlier as compared to Affiliate.
    Signature
    1 on 1 Skype Coaching Sessions with Robert Essex -
    www.imwarriorcoach.com
    Great Warrior Reviews - Google Adsense, CPA Leads, Adult CPA Leads, Autoblogging Coaching

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10677952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
    Totally agree with the comments on set up. If you were sending out an affiliate offer to your list and hit the send button you could have paypal notifications in minutes.

    If you have the right offer, targeted traffic and converting landing page also you hear that sound of the slot machine hitting the jackpot.

    Also agree with Randalls comment. Forget faster set up for the long consistent haul.

    -Art
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10678174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author redfirewebsites
    As always it would depend on your traffic source and also your CPA offer / affiliate offer.

    Traffic from some paid sources work well for some offers but not well for others. If you have traffic relevant to a CPA offer you can make money quickly BUT it will not last - CPA you have to hit hard and hit fast with winning campaigns.

    Affiliate marketing you can build more longevity into the business.
    Signature
    RedfireWebsites.Com - Mobile Friendly Responsive Design Affiliate Websites For Sale. No Technical Knowledge Required We Do Everything!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10678190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 3wCorner
    There is no faster or short cut way to earn money online, you just need to work for it in a long run.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10679175].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ANDREIS
    Originally Posted by rob21 View Post

    If you were getting started today and needed to get some "fast cash", would you go for: - CPA MARKETING, and get paid smaller commissions for (leads, names, zip codes, etc), or AFFILIATE MARKETING, and get higher commissions promoting other peoples products ?
    It's cheaper and easier to drive traffic to CPA offers since people will always be more ready to fill in the form than to pay for something, but selling products as an affiliate or selling your own products can be more rewarding in the long run. I'm earning lots of money selling products but I also know people who are making money with CPA offers. Between the two just choose the one that you like more or feel more excited about and then focus, get things done, walk towards that goal!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10680129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author daalmans
    So many people are teaching me to start with CPA being the simplest way to earn money because you don't have to sell. Personally I found this is the wrong approach for 2 reasons. First of all you have to be accepted by the CPA network. This means that you have to show some understanding of internet marketing, markets and products to the CPA-manager. Moreover you should be able to show a website focused on an interesting niche. Secondly you should have an opportunity to send cheap traffic to the CPA-offers because most of the CPA-offers don't pay big money. The best way to do this is to use a list. However people that just start don't have a ist.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10680405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert999
    I would go for clickbank affiliate marketing to earn big cash for every sale. Because a clickbank business can be setup in just a week and you can earn some cash in your very first month if you can send good targeted traffic to your optin page(s).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10680675].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author daalmans
      Sure, clickbank affiliate marketing is a good idea because it is a well-known platform with good products and high commissions. The funnel setup with squeeze page, incentive and affiliate offer landing page will indeed take about one week. However, typical conversions of 1 – 5 % demand for a list of at least 100 prospects to generate one sale per email blast. So fast cash could be possible if there is already a list available.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CShark
    CPA always works faster than any other methods, including affiliate marketing, because it mostly deals with data and not sales.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681228].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author daalmans
      Originally Posted by CShark View Post

      CPA always works faster than any other methods, including affiliate marketing, because it mostly deals with data and not sales.
      If you are already accepted in the cpa-network and if you have the proper traffic source in place, I agree with you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681298].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kazimuhith
    There is no fast cash . Its a myth that CPA works faster, but the fact is you need lot of testing and money to make CPA work...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681661].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pinkysoll
    Banned
    Regardless of which business model you choose, fast cash can be achieved if you know how to generate the right amount of targeted traffic that converts to sales or signups.

    You should be thinking of the long term passive earning potential of your business and not the fast cash route because it will be mean you don't want longevity or to stick around for it to mature.

    Like someone said, offering a service is also a good way to earn fast cash.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    if you point to Higk ticket products => you invest the same time as promoting low-cost offers but you make 10X more money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681868].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DocH
    Moonlight as an appliance salesman at Sears or equivalent. Ask your customers there what they want to really succeed in. You'll come across as compassionate/caring make sales and friends; and LEARN.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10682334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Irn7997
    it really depends on so much eg your offer your advertising your traffic ect ect but id say CPA its quicker to get an email than a sale
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10682533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lei HP
    CPA is affiliate marketing - what differentiates CPA from the traditional affiliate models is that you get paid per action - whether it'd be an email submit or registration, rather than per sale or per thousand impressions, etc..

    This makes it easier to start making money and get the ball rolling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10682956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Perry
    If we are talking about "fast cash" I would go for CPA Marketing, as it is easier with it to get profit and to attract the targeted audience. Besides, there's a little chance for the leads to be rejected by an advert. Also the fact that one do not need to pay for anything plays an important role. As a bonus if you have a good AM support and sufficient traffic volume you can get weekly payments.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10698607].message }}

Trending Topics