Jvzoo and WarriorPlus Spamming. Is this Right?

49 replies
Each time i purchase from WarriorPlus or Jvzoo. I'm opening my email to a series of unsolicited messages that might not even related to what i purchased.

The worse part is that they send emails everyday. Some days 2 - 3 emails. A very unprofessional act because i never requested for any additional info from them and even if you did mistakenly. Why send emails everyday.

I don't know if i'm right or wrong but i think a branded company of that size should stir clear of sending unsolicited emails to their clients customer.

Or i'm i the only one that receives these emails?
#jvzoo #spamming #warriorplus
  • Profile picture of the author ANDREIS
    Originally Posted by limitbreaker View Post

    Or i'm i the only one that receives these emails?
    No, you're not the only one. It is really a very bad practice and it's a big problem. It's hard to meet a reliable person and honest product these days. Try to block those emails that you don't like. You have filters within your email account. Use them! Also, stop jumping from one wso to another, just find one single way of earning money that you like and pursue that relentlessly!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681890].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RS3RS
    Yup. It's a great way to deplete the value of your email list and short long-term profits.

    Unsubscribe or create a filter to block them. Ain't nobody got time for dat.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    These people are everywhere. No wonder people have such a bad impression of online marketers...

    Once they have your email address your screwed Best advice never ever buy a product using your personal email address. Set up burner accounts...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10681932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
    This is a common practice that all succesful marketers on Warrior Plus and JVZoo engage in. If you are a vendor on basically any reputable affiliate network, you have the option to integrate your autoresponder so that anybody who purchases your products are added to your email list. I believe even PayPal allows you to integrate your AR with them and capture your buyer's emails. Before this option was available, the marketer would simply direct you to an opt-in form before you got to the download page. It's called building a buyer's list and any IMer worth their salt is not going to pass up capturing buyer leads. These leads are the absolute most valuable leads you can acquire, and I've made tens of thousands of dollars from my buyer's lists that were built this way. I think it's much more professional to do it this way than to force your buyer to fill out an opt-in form before they can access their download.

    Also, I'm pretty sure most of the checkout pages tell you that you will be added to the vendor's list if you purchase, and I believe they also give the option to opt out of this. You don't have to make a purchase, either. If you download a free WSO that is listed through Warrior Plus, you will also be added to the vendor's list if they have their AR integrated. Their are hundreds of marketers building super responsive lists this way, although Warrior Plus has tightened up the rains a bit on who they allow to list free products.

    Also, if you sign up as an affiliate you may be added to the vendor's affiliate list because that option is also available on Warrior Plus. Not sure if it's an option on JVZoo, but if it's not it probably will be soon. Some autoresponders will not allow single opt-in, but most will. If the ARs only allowed double opt-in, then there would be no problem because if the buyer does not confirm their email address they will not be added to the vendor's list.

    Also, using a "burner" email is difficult because the email that is captured is the one used to purchase the product. In other words it's probably a PayPal email. I mean, we're MARKETERS. We SELL. That's what we do. If we ban every viable method for capturing email addresses nobody will make any money. Jeez, since when has it become wrong to market to people? Every time you turn around this is now spam and that's now spam. Why not just ban Internet Marketing altogether? If getting a few emails from marketers bothers you that much maybe get out of the business completely.

    The bottom line is if the vendor is responsible and treats their buyer leads right then this is the most profitable way to build a responsive list of repeat buyers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. All successful vendors do it, and will continue to do it because it's how you make tons of money promoting digital products.

    If you don't like the practice the answer is simple, click the unsubscribe the link. Done deal. No more emails from that vendor. I don't see the problem here at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10682006].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
      I agree 100% with what you have said, but...

      Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

      This is a common practice that all succesful marketers on Warrior Plus and JVZoo engage in. If you are a vendor on basically any reputable affiliate network, you have the option to integrate your autoresponder so that anybody who purchases your products are added to your email list. I believe even PayPal allows you to integrate your AR with them and capture your buyer's emails. Before this option was available, the marketer would simply direct you to an opt-in form before you got to the download page. It's called building a buyer's list and any IMer worth their salt is not going to pass up capturing buyer leads. These leads are the absolute most valuable leads you can acquire, and I've made tens of thousands of dollars from my buyer's lists that were built this way. I think it's much more professional to do it this way than to force your buyer to fill out an opt-in form before they can access their download.

      Also, I'm pretty sure most of the checkout pages tell you that you will be added to the vendor's list if you purchase, and I believe they also give the option to opt out of this. You don't have to make a purchase, either. If you download a free WSO that is listed through Warrior Plus, you will also be added to the vendor's list if they have their AR integrated. Their are hundreds of marketers building super responsive lists this way, although Warrior Plus has tightened up the rains a bit on who they allow to list free products.

      Also, if you sign up as an affiliate you may be added to the vendor's affiliate list because that option is also available on Warrior Plus. Not sure if it's an option on JVZoo, but if it's not it probably will be soon. Some autoresponders will not allow single opt-in, but most will. If the ARs only allowed double opt-in, then there would be no problem because if the buyer does not confirm their email address they will not be added to the vendor's list.

      Also, using a "burner" email is difficult because the email that is captured is the one used to purchase the product. In other words it's probably a PayPal email. I mean, we're MARKETERS. We SELL. That's what we do. If we ban every viable method for capturing email addresses nobody will make any money. Jeez, since when has it become wrong to market to people? Every time you turn around this is now spam and that's now spam. Why not just ban Internet Marketing altogether? If getting a few emails from marketers bothers you that much maybe get out of the business completely.

      The bottom line is if the vendor is responsible and treats their buyer leads right then this is the most profitable way to build a responsive list of repeat buyers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. All successful vendors do it, and will continue to do it because it's how you make tons of money promoting digital products.

      If you don't like the practice the answer is simple, click the unsubscribe the link. Done deal. No more emails from that vendor. I don't see the problem here at all.
      It seems that everyone has assumed the barrage of emails were coming from the product seller (and/or his partner).

      Personally, I read the OP as being a complaint specifically directed at marketing follow ups from JVZoo and/or Warrior Plus (not the product seller).

      Perhaps I misunderstood the OP's complaint... or maybe a radically different topic was intended.
      Signature

      Sid Hale
      Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10684051].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chippen2188
        Originally Posted by Sid Hale View Post

        I agree 100% with what you have said, but...



        It seems that everyone has assumed the barrage of emails were coming from the product seller (and/or his partner).

        Personally, I read the OP as being a complaint specifically directed at marketing follow ups from JVZoo and/or Warrior Plus (not the product seller).

        Perhaps I misunderstood the OP's complaint... or maybe a radically different topic was intended.
        I understood it like that too! And if that is what the OP is saying, I fully agree! Warrior+ and Jvzoo are horrible! I have them blocked for some time now, and I can only recommend the OP to do the same thing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10684065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Maybe its just me but I have never had a problem with it. Anytime I have bought something there and got emails from them ,I really look forward to seeing whos doing what and I like getting a pulse of the Marketplace in the different Sub Niches by looking at the new product offerings.

    If I get annoyed I just Unsubscribe and that takes care of that


    - Robert Andrew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10682088].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Maybe its just me but I have never had a problem with it. Anytime I have bought something there and got emails from them ,I really look forward to seeing whos doing what and I like getting a pulse of the Marketplace in the different Sub Niches by looking at the new product offerings.

      If I get annoyed I just Unsubscribe and that takes care of that


      - Robert Andrew
      That's how 99% of buyers feel. It's common practice and it's smart marketing to capture your buyer's email. Anybody that doesn't do that is leaving massive amounts of money on the table. Personally, I would rather stuff the money in my pockets.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10682146].message }}
      • Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

        That's how 99% of buyers feel. It's common practice and it's smart marketing to capture your buyer's email. Anybody that doesn't do that is leaving massive amounts of money on the table. Personally, I would rather stuff the money in my pockets.
        Actually this is not true, Perhaps it was at one time, but no longer is this the truth.

        Things have changed, laws have changed, It is no longer enough to say hit the unsubscribe button, because now if you do hit the unsubscribe button they take your email and sell it to someone else, so hitting the unsubscribe button does nothing but expose your email address to further abuse by additional spammers.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10773185].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author NetMan
          Originally Posted by Exposing corruption View Post

          Actually this is not true, Perhaps it was at one time, but no longer is this the truth.

          Things have changed, laws have changed, It is no longer enough to say hit the unsubscribe button, because now if you do hit the unsubscribe button they take your email and sell it to someone else, so hitting the unsubscribe button does nothing but expose your email address to further abuse by additional spammers.
          It's always been like that since the beginning it has never been "enough" to unsubscribe, one should NEVER, since the beginning, unsubscribe from spammers, this is the signal that there's some fish at the bait. The only way to fight this, and believe me you're talking to someone who've fight SPAM and SPAMMERS years for the good reason that I own a hosting and autoresponder services, is to report them and use the power of filters and some tools that will block most of it like G mail for example and mailwasher which have used for years.

          On the other hand, the "things" that "have changed" render email marketing even more powerful than ever for those who follow the trends, learn the ropes, apply the new rules, and use it judiciously! BIG REWARDS ethically and legally...

          Andre Foisy
          Signature
          **GET...** Cash Magic Funnels @ 80% OFF | PM me for the Coupon! Available for a VERY SHORT TIME ONLY!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10773435].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
          Originally Posted by Exposing corruption View Post

          Actually this is not true, Perhaps it was at one time, but no longer is this the truth.

          Things have changed, laws have changed, It is no longer enough to say hit the unsubscribe button, because now if you do hit the unsubscribe button they take your email and sell it to someone else, so hitting the unsubscribe button does nothing but expose your email address to further abuse by additional spammers.
          I would NEVER sell, trade, or share my subscriber's emails or personal information. Maybe it just comes down to a person's moral compass or how they conduct their business. I think selling and/or trading your leads is crazy. All it does is make it harder to get your emails opened because now they are on dozens of other marketer's lists too. I guess it must be a profitable business, though, because lots of people are doing it. IMO, it's wrong.

          I have to agree with you that things have changed, but building a buyer's list is just common sense and good business.

          As I said earlier, though, it needs to be done right.

          I think that it should always be double opt-in. In other words, just because someone buys your product doesn't mean they should "automatically" be added to your list.

          They should receive a confirmation email and then if they want to be added to your buyer's list they can confirm.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10810510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ns17
    Follow these steps.

    Open email
    Scroll down to the bottom of email
    Click where it says Unsubscribe..
    Then Unsubscribe from the list..
    Thats it
    Fixed......







    Originally Posted by limitbreaker View Post

    Each time i purchase from WarriorPlus or Jvzoo. I'm opening my email to a series of unsolicited messages that might not even related to what i purchased.

    The worse part is that they send emails everyday. Some days 2 - 3 emails. A very unprofessional act because i never requested for any additional info from them and even if you did mistakenly. Why send emails everyday.

    I don't know if i'm right or wrong but i think a branded company of that size should stir clear of sending unsolicited emails to their clients customer.

    Or i'm i the only one that receives these emails?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10682153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lei HP
    "List sharing" is common - and is well and alive. This often occurs when someone launches the product with JV partners. Check out the sales page and see whether there's multiple vendors.

    I wouldn't fret about it too much, just unsub and move on - there are more profitable activities to tend to.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10682961].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marax
    Don't unsubscribe.
    Do you think unsubscribing from spammers will stop them from doing their stuff?
    Report them as spam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10683379].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by marax View Post

      Don't unsubscribe.
      Do you think unsubscribing from spammers will stop them from doing their stuff?
      Report them as spam.
      Yeah years ago I was into taking paid surveys. And there are a few that still send me emails even though I haven't done them in many years.

      One sent out like 10 in a row just in a couple of hours on Sunday. I went and Unsubscribed ( btw, I had to go to their Webiste to do this. I could not do it in their email which I think is against the Law) and it said it took my Email completely out of their database.

      But sure enough the rest of the day and night I continued getting these Survey Offers. Finally I wrote to them that I would report them as Spam if they kept on ( with Yahoo feature).

      No reply ,so still getting bombarded with Surveys. Finally,I just started marking everyone as Spam. And finally late yesterday they stopped and I hadn't gotten one.

      So you're right sometimes you just have to press Spam Complaint to get things done



      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10683607].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by marax View Post

      Don't unsubscribe.
      Do you think unsubscribing from spammers will stop them from doing their stuff?
      Report them as spam.
      Except that it's not spam. If you purchased a product from them then you should expect to be added to their buyer's list.

      How can you get angry at a marketer for promoting products?

      That's how I make money, and loads of it, too.

      Reporting a message as spam will also not get somebody banned from their autoresponder unless they are acting the fool and bombarding their list with 5 or more emails a day. It all depends on your complaint rate, which as long as it's kept below a certain percentage you're fine. The AR companies understand that some people don't get the fact they opted in to a list or purchased a product from that person and they allow for a certain amount of spam complaints. Now, if you're getting 10 or more a day, then you need to look at your email practices because that's out of line, but a couple a day won't hurt you as long as your list is big enough.

      BTW, I really think that many people don't understand that email marketing has evolved in the last 5-10 years. The days of sending one email a week are pretty much over. Most marketers send at least one email per day, and that's completely acceptable.

      It didn't start with the sole IMer, either. It started with big companies.

      For example, I keep fish and the very first time I made a purchase at Petco, they asked for my email address. They didn't ask if they could email me, and I'm perfectly fine with that since I want to hear about their promos, sales, and new products related to my niche.

      And BTW, they send 2-3 emails PER DAY almost every day, and they always send at least one a day, and ALL of them are promos.

      eBay does the same, so does Home Depot.

      It's common practice. Things change over time. Don't be an ass and report them for spamming. Simply hit the unsubscribe link. That's what it's there for. It takes ten seconds to do. It's a lot easier than whining about it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10683823].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author salegurus
        Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

        Don't be an ass and report them for spamming. Simply hit the unsubscribe link. That's what it's there for. It takes ten seconds to do. It's a lot easier than whining about it.
        Although i totally disagree with your theory i respect your opinion....

        Anyway, unsubscribing does not always work, you unsub from one list and you are added to 10 more or your email address has already been shared with 10 other spammers... It takes so much time you eventually give up...
        Signature
        Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

        ― George Carlin
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10683900].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
          Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

          Although i totally disagree with your theory i respect your opinion....

          Anyway, unsubscribing does not always work, you unsub from one list and you are added to 10 more or your email address has already been shared with 10 other spammers... It takes so much time you eventually give up...
          Well marketers that share lists ARE spammers. I don't condone or agree with that.

          It doesn't matter if it's a launch with more than one marketer, either. If they cannot agree on whose buyer list the subscriber should be on then they should just not put them on any.

          Marketers that sell or trade email addresses are definitely in the wrong, and very detrimental to the marketers who are doing it right.

          I've received emails from marketers that I have not subscribed to or bought a product from, but even then I use the unsubscribe link. You also have to take into consideration that someone may have used your email to subscribe to some lists. Most marketers use single opt-in nowadays, so I'm sure there are people out there who use email addresses that are not theirs just to try and get the free gift or whatever is being offered. That's one of the reasons I don't go right for the spam button.

          However, if I unsubscribe from a list and continue to get emails from that person, then I will use the spam button.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10684016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Olavski
    Yes, Report them as spam. So they get banned from their autoresponder. I like that.
    Ok, maybe not. But sometimes people just need to face that what they are doing is wrong and that their list is not a number, but are real people. This something most of us forget:
    - how to get traffic = How do I get PEOPLE to see my offer
    - how to build a list = How do i get PEOPLE to sign up for my emails

    I frequently sign up for other peoples list, to see what my competition is doing, how they market themselves and how their funnels are setup. 90% are doing the same and the other 10% are the big "guru" that have the real know-how. Most of these guru's send a promotion email once per month maybe. Yet, they make more money then those who are emailing 8 times a day!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10683549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim Franklin
    Since this marketplace is a world wide market, meaning that people from all over the world generally take part in this forum, it would be somewhat understandable that some confusion might enter into the picture.

    In the US, this type of behavior is illegal and you could end up with a fine or even go to jail, yes, you read correctly.

    Unsolicited Commercial Email and I do not have to divine the intent of the OP here at all, its completely clear what is happening and yes, JVzoo, allows this behavior mostly because they have not been called to the carpet over this issue, (YET< trust me its coming>)

    Over the last few months I have tested purchases made using JVZoo affiliates, I created an email address specifically to track emails received after a purchase was made using any JVzoo affiliate.

    In every Single case, I started receiving fraudulent emails without proper contact information, spoofed server IP information, fake websites that do not exist, all promoting other JVzoo products.

    Does this mean that JVzoo is participating in this kind of illegal behavior, (NO)

    Its not JVzoo its the sellers and affiliates.

    But does that mean that JVzoo has no responsibility if they become aware of a problem?

    The answer is JVzoo has a responsibility to take action when complaints are submitted, however JVzoo has no real communication with buyers, (just look at their website and you will see how difficult it is to find any method of communicating with JVzoo)

    This is a huge problem, but as usual they are not taking any real action to prevent this abuse.

    It is all about human behavior, people will speed about 5 to 8 miles over the posted speed limit not because they fear getting a ticket but because they know that they can get away with speeding as long at it is not excessive.

    The same premise applies here, people will continue to spam and sell their email base as long as JVzoo permits this to happen.

    If JVzoo were to suddenly start banning sellers and affiliates that engage in this behavior, then likely this abuse would cease and quickly but to date, nothing has changed.

    So if you are wondering just what is happening here, well here is a likely scenario.

    Affiliate A promotes a product, that buyer A purchases, then buyer A purchases an upgrade or OTO, which adds your name to another product, (because of how the system is setup)

    You could end up on a sellers email list three times for just one purchase.

    (this is wrong and should cease)

    Another method that is in use is selling solo ads to JvZoo buyers lists.

    usually promoting yet another JVzoo product and if you buy it guess what your now on four or even more email lists, after a while, you could be getting hundreds of emails every week.

    In the test case that I tested in every single instance, I received, unsolicited commercial email, not related to jvzoo, but promoting jvzoo products and services (as well as some outright spam)

    So where is the connection?

    An email address that was not used in any other way for any other purpose, receives zero emails prior to purchasing a product using that email address, then after starts receiving spam.

    Its clear that something needs to happen the only real question here is will JVzoo take action or will they wait until people start complaining to the FTC?
    Signature
    Software Development | Applications | OSX | iOS | Android | Cloud Software Engineering |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10684096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by Tim Franklin View Post

      Since this marketplace is a world wide market, meaning that people from all over the world generally take part in this forum, it would be somewhat understandable that some confusion might enter into the picture.

      In the US, this type of behavior is illegal and you could end up with a fine or even go to jail, yes, you read correctly.

      Unsolicited Commercial Email and I do not have to divine the intent of the OP here at all, its completely clear what is happening and yes, JVzoo, allows this behavior mostly because they have not been called to the carpet over this issue, (YET< trust me its coming>)

      Over the last few months I have tested purchases made using JVZoo affiliates, I created an email address specifically to track emails received after a purchase was made using any JVzoo affiliate.

      In every Single case, I started receiving fraudulent emails without proper contact information, spoofed server IP information, fake websites that do not exist, all promoting other JVzoo products.

      Does this mean that JVzoo is participating in this kind of illegal behavior, (NO)

      Its not JVzoo its the sellers and affiliates.

      But does that mean that JVzoo has no responsibility if they become aware of a problem?

      The answer is JVzoo has a responsibility to take action when complaints are submitted, however JVzoo has no real communication with buyers, (just look at their website and you will see how difficult it is to find any method of communicating with JVzoo)

      This is a huge problem, but as usual they are not taking any real action to prevent this abuse.

      It is all about human behavior, people will speed about 5 to 8 miles over the posted speed limit not because they fear getting a ticket but because they know that they can get away with speeding as long at it is not excessive.

      The same premise applies here, people will continue to spam and sell their email base as long as JVzoo permits this to happen.

      If JVzoo were to suddenly start banning sellers and affiliates that engage in this behavior, then likely this abuse would cease and quickly but to date, nothing has changed.

      So if you are wondering just what is happening here, well here is a likely scenario.

      Affiliate A promotes a product, that buyer A purchases, then buyer A purchases an upgrade or OTO, which adds your name to another product, (because of how the system is setup)

      You could end up on a sellers email list three times for just one purchase.

      (this is wrong and should cease)

      Another method that is in use is selling solo ads to JvZoo buyers lists.

      usually promoting yet another JVzoo product and if you buy it guess what your now on four or even more email lists, after a while, you could be getting hundreds of emails every week.

      In the test case that I tested in every single instance, I received, unsolicited commercial email, not related to jvzoo, but promoting jvzoo products and services (as well as some outright spam)

      So where is the connection?

      An email address that was not used in any other way for any other purpose, receives zero emails prior to purchasing a product using that email address, then after starts receiving spam.

      Its clear that something needs to happen the only real question here is will JVzoo take action or will they wait until people start complaining to the FTC?
      Well if this stuff is going on, then that is definitely shady.

      I am referring to a situation such as this:

      I list a product on JVZoo and someone buys my product. As a vendor, I have integrated my autoresponder account to add buyers to my list. The buyer should only be added to MY buyer's list and only ONE of my buyer's list. End of story. The buyer should not be added to any other lists and should not receive email from anyone else except me, the actual vendor.

      This is the true intent of this system. As I said earlier, even most payment processors like PayPal allow you to integrate your autoresponder to add your product buyers to your list.

      I wouldn't be a very good marketer if I did not build a buyer's list would I? HOWEVER, it needs to be done properly. How else would you build a buyer's list? The only other way that I know of doing it would be to redirect the buyer to an opt-in form and have them fill it out before they are allowed to get to the download page. This is what most marketers did before these integrations were available.

      I completely agree with you that if what you said is going on then it's got to be rectified. There should be rules in place to make it so that a buyer only ends up on the vendor's buyers list, not the affiliate network's list and certainly not the affiliate's list. I believe there is a feature on JVZoo that allows affiliates to integrate their lists with products that they are promoting, thereby whenever they make a sale for the vendor that buyer is added to the affiliate's list. I definitely don't agree with this practice. It's wrong for the buyer and it certainly doesn't help the vendor or affiliate network either.

      I would propose the following to make this process ethical:

      1. Make it abundantly clear on the checkout page that the buyer will be added to the seller's list and allow them the option to opt-out of this process. No small print, either. It needs to be something that they have to agree to in order to proceed with payment.

      2. Remove the option that allows affiliates to add buyers to their lists. This "feature" really doesn't do anyone any good. It may benefit the affiliate, but it's detrimental to the vendor and it makes the affiliate network look bad, too. In the end it really doesn't benefit the affiliate, either, because it opens them up to spam complaints and losing their AR account.

      3. The buyer should not be added to the affiliate network's list, especially if the affiliate network already takes a percentage of every sale.

      4. Seller autoresponder integrations should be DOUBLE OPT-IN ONLY. This means that upon purchase the buyer is sent a confirmation email and not automatically added to the list as they would be with single opt-in. In other words the buyer must confirm their decision to be added to the seller's list. There are many ways for the seller to make it beneficial to the buyer to confirm their email address. They can offer bonuses, etc.

      5. The seller should not have the option to choose more than one list for any product in a funnel, meaning they cannot add the buyer to "list A" when they buy the FE product and then add them to "list B" when they buy the OTO, etc. The seller can add the buyer to ONE list only.

      6. Anyone caught trading or selling buyer email addresses should be banned from the affiliate network. This would be difficult to enforce for people who are selling solos, because there is no real way for the affiliate network to police what emails a marketer sends and to whom. They could really only police people caught selling or trading leads outright.

      7. No co-reg should be allowed. If there are 2 or 3 marketers on any given launch, the buyer can only be added to ONE list. The marketers can decide whose list it will be, or they can take turns if they do multiple launches together, etc.


      If anyone can think of anything I've missed here, by all means add it in.

      I think that if these rules were put into place, marketers would be able to ethically build their buyers list and everybody would be much better off. Will it happen? We'll just have to wait and see.

      That's my two cents for whatever it's worth.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10684219].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tim Franklin
        Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

        Well if this stuff is going on, then that is definitely shady.

        I am referring to a situation such as this:

        I list a product on JVZoo and someone buys my product. As a vendor, I have integrated my autoresponder account to add buyers to my list. The buyer should only be added to MY buyer's list and only ONE of my buyer's list. End of story. The buyer should not be added to any other lists and should not receive email from anyone else except me, the actual vendor.

        This is the true intent of this system. As I said earlier, even most payment processors like PayPal allow you to integrate your autoresponder to add your product buyers to your list.

        I wouldn't be a very good marketer if I did not build a buyer's list would I? HOWEVER, it needs to be done properly. How else would you build a buyer's list? The only other way that I know of doing it would be to redirect the buyer to an opt-in form and have them fill it out before they are allowed to get to the download page. This is what most marketers did before these integrations were available.

        I completely agree with you that if what you said is going on then it's got to be rectified. There should be rules in place to make it so that a buyer only ends up on the vendor's buyers list, not the affiliate network's list and certainly not the affiliate's list. I believe there is a feature on JVZoo that allows affiliates to integrate their lists with products that they are promoting, thereby whenever they make a sale for the vendor that buyer is added to the affiliate's list. I definitely don't agree with this practice. It's wrong for the buyer and it certainly doesn't help the vendor or affiliate network either.

        I would propose the following to make this process ethical:

        1. Make it abundantly clear on the checkout page that the buyer will be added to the seller's list and allow them the option to opt-out of this process. No small print, either. It needs to be something that they have to agree to in order to proceed with payment.

        2. Remove the option that allows affiliates to add buyers to their lists. This "feature" really doesn't do anyone any good. It may benefit the affiliate, but it's detrimental to the vendor and it makes the affiliate network look bad, too. In the end it really doesn't benefit the affiliate, either, because it opens them up to spam complaints and losing their AR account.

        3. The buyer should not be added to the affiliate network's list, especially if the affiliate network already takes a percentage of every sale.

        4. Seller autoresponder integrations should be DOUBLE OPT-IN ONLY. This means that upon purchase the buyer is sent a confirmation email and not automatically added to the list as they would be with single opt-in. In other words the buyer must confirm their decision to be added to the seller's list. There are many ways for the seller to make it beneficial to the buyer to confirm their email address. They can offer bonuses, etc.

        5. The seller should not have the option to choose more than one list for any product in a funnel, meaning they cannot add the buyer to "list A" when they buy the FE product and then add them to "list B" when they buy the OTO, etc. The seller can add the buyer to ONE list only.

        6. Anyone caught trading or selling buyer email addresses should be banned from the affiliate network. This would be difficult to enforce for people who are selling solos, because there is no real way for the affiliate network to police what emails a marketer sends and to whom. They could really only police people caught selling or trading leads outright.

        7. No co-reg should be allowed. If there are 2 or 3 marketers on any given launch, the buyer can only be added to ONE list. The marketers can decide whose list it will be, or they can take turns if they do multiple launches together, etc.


        If anyone can think of anything I've missed here, by all means add it in.

        I think that if these rules were put into place, marketers would be able to ethically build their buyers list and everybody would be much better off. Will it happen? We'll just have to wait and see.

        That's my two cents for whatever it's worth.

        Nice well thought out reply, what you suggest sounds reasonable, hopefully at some point steps will be taken, ) crossing fingers but not holding breath, its part of our nature to resist change even when it is clear that change is needed.


        A product lunch should not have multiple AR lists associated with products but they are all the time, (though various OTO offers, you are required to purchase a base product, then you purchase yet another product, (usually another feature set that has been disabled, ( Pro features, Mastermind Access, so each product has its own AR, because some of these guys are in a partnership and each level of the product is separate, so you have a list for the initial product and a list for the secondary product, (pro access, gold membership) ect, )

        It is a real mess, perhaps an ethical mess as well, something I am convinced that eventually JVzoo will have to address, in legal terms you are not relived of your duty under the law, because you turn your head and look the other way.

        (People have been complaining about Abuse and JVzoo for a long time, so far they want to keep their were not associated with our vendors, were just a platform, nonsense, legally but that will have to play out in court and it always does eventually.

        What I find interesting is the unwillingness of JVzoo to listen to its customers, because ultimately us customers are the customers of JVzoo, because we trust in the brand and we expect to be able to contact a company that you do business with.

        They can say that they are just a payment platform and that they have no responsibility about what gets sold at JVzoo, but that is not an honest assessment of a viable business.

        It is well proven that in the eyes of the law the actions of a reasonable man or woman, must be applied to any legal question concerning actions that are or are not taken.

        Reasonable Person
        A phrase frequently used in tort and Criminal Law to denote a hypothetical person in society who exercises average care, skill, and judgment in conduct and who serves as a comparative standard for determining liability.

        The decision whether an accused is guilty of a given offense might involve the application of an objective test in which the conduct of the accused is compared to that of a reasonable person under similar circumstances. In most cases, persons with greater than average skills, or with special duties to society, are held to a higher standard of care. For example, a physician who aids a person in distress is held to a higher standard of care than is an ordinary person.

        So in essence, is it reasonable to allow abuse to the mailing system and openly sharing lists, customers, solo advertising opportunities, just like a recent Facebook news story where they choose not to allow certain news stories to exist on Facebook or allow them to trend to the top,

        Someone knew what was going on, so someone made a choice to take an action that later turned out to be a bad public relations news story.

        This is what happens when a reasonable man or woman sees a problem but does nothing to stop the bad behavior.
        Signature
        Software Development | Applications | OSX | iOS | Android | Cloud Software Engineering |
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10684252].message }}
        • I agree, back in the day and I mean a long time ago, when Ebay was just starting out, they had the same mentality, The "Were just a Platform, Ebay has no responsibility to take steps to protect customers that come to Ebay, with the expectation of purchasing a product or service that is fit for any particular purpose" Basically they were back then saying the same thing that #JVZOO is saying now about their responsibilities. As these things usually do Ebay was dragged "kicking and screaming" into court where they were forced to do the right thing, back before this happened, you could not really contact ebay the only method was to "talk to a robot" which did nothing at all to help people that were getting ripped off and abused by vendors. Now Ebay has a process in place to report auctions that are shady or auctions that violate the law, there is something you can readily talk to about this, they have forums, they take action when it becomes obvious there is a problem. Currently JVzoo is not doing this, they probably do not have the labor in place to do it, but that does not mean that they do not have a responsibility to "do the right thing"

          Originally Posted by Tim Franklin View Post

          Nice well thought out reply, what you suggest sounds reasonable, hopefully at some point steps will be taken, ) crossing fingers but not holding breath, its part of our nature to resist change even when it is clear that change is needed.


          A product lunch should not have multiple AR lists associated with products but they are all the time, (though various OTO offers, you are required to purchase a base product, then you purchase yet another product, (usually another feature set that has been disabled, ( Pro features, Mastermind Access, so each product has its own AR, because some of these guys are in a partnership and each level of the product is separate, so you have a list for the initial product and a list for the secondary product, (pro access, gold membership) ect, )

          It is a real mess, perhaps an ethical mess as well, something I am convinced that eventually JVzoo will have to address, in legal terms you are not relived of your duty under the law, because you turn your head and look the other way.

          (People have been complaining about Abuse and JVzoo for a long time, so far they want to keep their were not associated with our vendors, were just a platform, nonsense, legally but that will have to play out in court and it always does eventually.

          What I find interesting is the unwillingness of JVzoo to listen to its customers, because ultimately us customers are the customers of JVzoo, because we trust in the brand and we expect to be able to contact a company that you do business with.

          They can say that they are just a payment platform and that they have no responsibility about what gets sold at JVzoo, but that is not an honest assessment of a viable business.

          It is well proven that in the eyes of the law the actions of a reasonable man or woman, must be applied to any legal question concerning actions that are or are not taken.

          Reasonable Person
          A phrase frequently used in tort and Criminal Law to denote a hypothetical person in society who exercises average care, skill, and judgment in conduct and who serves as a comparative standard for determining liability.

          The decision whether an accused is guilty of a given offense might involve the application of an objective test in which the conduct of the accused is compared to that of a reasonable person under similar circumstances. In most cases, persons with greater than average skills, or with special duties to society, are held to a higher standard of care. For example, a physician who aids a person in distress is held to a higher standard of care than is an ordinary person.

          So in essence, is it reasonable to allow abuse to the mailing system and openly sharing lists, customers, solo advertising opportunities, just like a recent Facebook news story where they choose not to allow certain news stories to exist on Facebook or allow them to trend to the top,

          Someone knew what was going on, so someone made a choice to take an action that later turned out to be a bad public relations news story.

          This is what happens when a reasonable man or woman sees a problem but does nothing to stop the bad behavior.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10773682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webmarke
    I don't know what the big deal is. Every time you purchase a digital product online, you are added to someone's list. (One way or another)

    If not...the person who sold you the product is not a very good marketer.

    I understand this...so I never scream spam.

    If you don't like someone's email, I simply unsubscribe.

    PS...Many times people go through my optin form and still email me and ask how they got on my list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10684175].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vienchaua10
    Unsubscribe or create a filter to block them
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10684432].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by vienchaua10 View Post

      Unsubscribe or create a filter to block them
      That's not really the issue at hand. Several people (including myself) have already mentioned that you can unsubscribe or mark the message as spam.

      I was unaware of the actual issue myself until another Warrior pointed out what happened with a brand new email address he used. He got bombarded with emails from several different people, some of which didn't seem to even have any relationship to the product.

      It's concerning to me as a vendor that someone purchasing my product would be added to several lists besides my own.

      I'm all for building a buyer's list, but it has to be done ethically.

      I'm not trying to be rude, but you should read the thread all the way through before commenting.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10685151].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author solar33
    Lots of posts here just saying unsubscribe. Wow I never thought of that. You see the problem these days is that there are so many marketers churning out so many re-hashed and BS "products" that they don't care about nurturing their list or providing value to their subscribers anymore.

    I am getting emails now from a "marketer" that signs me up to another list of his - without my permission - and each time I unsubscribe, he simply adds me to another one. Now however, he is sending me emails that have the unsubscribe link, linked directly to the sales page of the product he is promoting.

    Now that's just spamming. Plain and simple and the Warrior Plus doesn't give a toss.

    Another issue I have come across - from the same guy and his cohorts - is to (again without permission) sign me up for some webinar that I know nothing about. There is no mention of any webinar in their blurb but the next thing I know is that I get an email asking me to confirm my place in the webinar. That's BS.

    Another practice that's being used (and W+ seem fine with it) is this mandatory request to fill out all your details - including phone number - on an Aweber form before you can get at the product that you have ALREADY bought. That's bad practice guys whatever way you look at it. There should be an option to decline and move on to get your (paid for) product.

    And to the guy who says in the post below, "we're marketers, that what we do...jeeze", I say you are totally wrong sunshine. I have been marketing online since 1997. Before Google and Youtube. This kind of 'never leave money on the table' attitude, is going to kill marketing as we know it. If you want to be really successful, don't take liberties. Simple as that. These newcomer, fly-by-night chancers will burn-out quickly and never reach their full potential because of their greed and arrogance and they will take others with them too.

    You know who you are GK.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10725255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author solar33
    As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I get spammed by a well known "marketer" despite unsubscribing from every list HE adds me to, and now, as I said, he has taken to using his hostgator account and linking his unsubscribe link, directly to the sales page. He also has a bogus mailing address at the bottom of the email.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10727380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author solar33
    Didn't mean to post that last one yet. I wasn't done. Anyway, he spammed me again today. Here is the email below. Now all you guys who say "just unsubscribe" or "use filters" tell me how they can justify this:
    WOW, just found something you need to see..

    ==> Go check it out - CLICK HERE

    This is already making me a bunch of cash.

    It's a REAL, PROVEN method for making $100+ per
    day online that anyone can do.

    Don't waste anymore time.

    Get involved right now.

    This page explains it all <======

    Thankyou,

    Glynn






    This email was sent by: Glynn Kosky Digital East, 48 W George St, Glasgow G2 1BP
    To unsubscribe click: here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10727400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author solar33
    Delivered-To:
    Received: by 10.36.5.139 with SMTP id 133csp276291itl; Thu, 16 Jun 2016 01:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
    X-Received: by 10.36.20.196 with SMTP id 187mr23142414itg.83.1466066300367; Thu, 16 Jun 2016 01:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
    Return-Path: <bounces+2849696-8e37-myemail=gmail.com@digitaleastmail.digitaleastmail. com>
    Received: from o1.digital.digitaleastmail.com (o1.digital.digitaleastmail.com. [167.89.90.50]) by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id w83si4371397iof.79.2016.06.16.01.38.19 for <myemailaddress@gmail.com> (version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128); Thu, 16 Jun 2016 01:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
    Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of bounces+2849696-8e37-myemailaddress@...aleastmail.com designates 167.89.90.50 as permitted sender) client-ip=167.89.90.50;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; dkim=pass header.i=@digitaleastmail.com; dkim=pass header.i=@sendgrid.info; spf=pass (google.com: domain of bounces+2849696-8e37-myemailaddress@...aleastmail.com designates 167.89.90.50 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=bounces+2849696-8e37-myemailaddress@gmail.com=gmail.com@digitaleastmail .digitaleastmail.com
    DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=digitaleastmail.com; h=content-type:from:mime-version:reply-to:subject:to; s=s1; bh=++vP3V7VUmeBTG25ypyWn7MwzZI=; b=H3BzoRHb3WtG8gaz9nEelrEWktyWrN8laBAx6p3964dImWrU iIri+FIoRAJLfsZaB/q3FDn5QvroBFU/HKmsCBQ2sVyd6H53xeU1edjGENy5JJ/OcCzkJCopmRsXwKpSo5yx+g3SyPMkCW1HnfqCwErjAFnssg0or 2uZjrrnWO4=
    DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=sendgrid.info; h=content-type:from:mime-version:reply-to:subject:to:x-feedback-id; s=smtpapi; bh=++vP3V7VUmeBTG25ypyWn7MwzZI=; b=NCXAbg9VtU6TSafyTZoXdKTWGhPNt94MEHuUmXwcmT1SKjHH 8cauyEQP/n2+A5o1O1B31aouTlVEOTiSUFhAQP8pvBCPPdVPHMhLlWgU/JULWvh4NEgpAoodm/zV0qPOr57AJLrzwn6ZcArOKihGsZhXq7D7UQh2rjGseYhUBIE=
    Received: by filter0825p1mdw1.sendgrid.net with SMTP id filter0825p1mdw1.9683.576265543B 2016-06-16 08:37:40.965216228 +0000 UTC
    Received: from Mjg0OTY5Ng (o16789125x234.outbound-mail.sendgrid.net [167.89.125.234]) by ismtpd0004p1iad1.sendgrid.net (SG) with HTTP id eYuyEHi4T2CjnhWXT_0tOA for <info@digitaleastmail.com>; Thu, 16 Jun 2016 08:37:41.861 +0000 (UTC)
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="c2259e50da304820754eb6d9fa1b6fed9e8bd6da 339be5476590caf79c10"

    Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 08:37:41 +0000
    From: "Glynn Kosky" <info@digitaleastmail.com>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Reply-To: <info@digitaleastmail.com>
    Subject: WOW - Check this out
    To: <myemailaddress@gmail.com>
    Message-ID: <eYuyEHi4T2CjnhWXT_0tOA@ismtpd0004p1iad1.sendgrid. net>
    X-SendGrid-Contentd-ID: {"test_id":"1466066262"}
    X-SG-EID: cmacw9R9sejllNrbaW3VQDcuOwB+9gFSjjejWHhBUdVbCi1N6X nthlzAVewip9Fda5UaCGibX/2sdF t/V6UimwTTBnKupU8O/HL14m/Y5Xjc5QfI0zD7RLMKVAUgodbZoXifA8pl4GNeRw/7aV8U3fiNT/UM dt64n0pTcj10pmsAGnxdaQS57nj8OmPaw/MhX/jBPwZ8awm/jm9Y84LZ617JdpDmQJIjIPbjVb5N0C Y=
    X-SG-ID: Z2FxZazunBjVeNuNdzHDqrF8mxuCpi0krmont6YQrP0Dcuyz2W WYHP6eWXYjsu7wxTYFMoXFPb9q1o EVZbT+Dd3vbw5ZOWgnVzmQfxgkDXEaftI0l0TwPG2T6uTD1Mvz 8hwrjF+sVDlthhUNQIW5BeHCg2nU lgXxNkaNUPD0JXZel24hkw2GB1Xl4hjr/njT1EiJ8JBEfJC/lYxdxgFwdmuEgqI/3F/9FDAXdR2igB c=
    X-MSK: HYD=0.522859005
    X-Feedback-ID: 2849696:KOPa+o0ewEw3Zd+j3T8IFwL7ilfEIxAxok/kDa9f9XU=:IkMCByf3ja4CwKFkPVJALg==:SG
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.6157

    This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    --c2259e50da304820754eb6d9fa1b6fed9e8bd6da339be54765 90caf79c10
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="UTF-8"
    MIME-Version: 1.0

    WOW, just found something you need to see..

    =3D=3D> Go check it out - CLICK HERE

    This is already making me a bunch of cash.

    It's a REAL, PROVEN method for making $100+ per
    day online that anyone can do.

    Don't waste anymore time. =C2=A0 Get involved right now.

    This page explains it all <=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Error
    arrior1

    Thankyou, =C2=A0 Glynn =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
    =A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0=
    =20

    This email was sent by: Glynn Kosky Digital East, 48 W George St, Glasgow =
    G2 1BP

    To unsubscribe click: here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10727418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author solar33
    This is one of the reasons that I steer clear of this place as much as possible. The other reasons are: 1) I hate being required to enter all my details into an AR form before getting the product that I have already paid for, with no way around it. 2.) I hate all the sycophant & brown-nosers who vouch for and endorse a product without having either bought it or tried it just to suck-up. How about implimenting it and seeing if it actually works first? 3.) The amount of re-hashed and over-hyped rubbish that is recycled again and again and promoted with sales pages that are more of a triumph than the product. 4.) The fact that nobody seems to care a toss these days that this once great forum (yes, I was here right at the begining when it was set-up...don't let the date on my profile fool you) is now an-anything- goes-as-long-as-it's-profitable, source of ridicule.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10727435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeremusic
    Well, whenI buy a product from Michael Cheney, I get follow ups from him. I buy form Dean Holland, I get follow ups from him. These e-mails are interesting and informative, and continue to promote. That's what they're for. These guys are stacking the cash using e-mail marketing and good follow-up strategies. That's different from spamming your list with any offer you can get your approval for. Like it was mentioned earlier, your list is a list of PEOPLE. Engage with them. Be helpful. Make your e-mails exciting, fun, a bit crazy and entertaining. Not boring same-old, same-old. and use filters in your e-mail. Observe how the top marketers write. Emulate that (don't ever copy, it's illegal)
    Signature

    Jez Feldmesser - "Your entrepreneur friend" My self-made entrepreneur blog

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10727444].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author terrymate
    I get spam from Glynn Kosky

    HyperActive Warrior

    . The unsubscribe labels are this: [[Unsubscribe]][Unsubscribe] and this:
    To unsubscribe click: [[Unsubscribe]]here. No links to anywhere just plain text words.

    Glynn Kosky

    HyperActive Warrior

    a real scumbag
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10764703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author solar33
      Originally Posted by terrymate View Post

      I get spam from Glynn Kosky

      HyperActive Warrior

      . The unsubscribe labels are this: [[Unsubscribe]][Unsubscribe] and this:
      To unsubscribe click: [[Unsubscribe]]here. No links to anywhere just plain text words.

      Glynn Kosky

      HyperActive Warrior

      a real scumbag
      Yeah, he's still at it. Only now, he has no link to the product he is pushing in the unsubscribe link. As you say, it has no live link, just the word "Uunsubscribe".

      He does no favours to legit marketers with this nonsense. He's certainly not doing any favours for himself either as he is burning his brand. He started off well and looked promising, but greed seems to have got the better of him - him and his cohorts. There are a few of them churning out rehashed guff on an industrial scale.

      If you go to his fb page, it has all the fancy pics of him at the meetings and seminars but all the comments are from his mates. The same ones who sell the same rehashed and "should work in theory" BS and cross promote each others stuff. They congratulate each other with terms like "playa". Funny thing is, his spam mails have a mailing address as West George St. in Glasgow. That's not too far from me. Pity he's not really there or I would unsubscribe in person and hyperlink my foot to his arse.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10765551].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author solar33
    I see he's still sending out the spam mailings without live unsubscribe links. Doesn't matter as they are picked-up as spam by Google anyway and go straight to the trash where they belong.
    What is interesting however, is this link that I found to a post by him on the WF 2 years ago, asking for advice on how to send out emails to people that are not on an opt-in list.
    If you go through the posts, you can clearly see his attitude towards the whole spam issue. Nothing was going to stop him. He is not a Hyper-Active Warrior, he is a grubby little low-life spammer who churn out crap on an industrial scale along with his like-minded buddies.
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...-not-list.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10772264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    If you buy one of the JVZ products I promote as an affiliate, you will be added to my list.

    The worse part is that they send emails everyday. Some days 2 - 3 emails. A very unprofessional act because i never requested for any additional info from them and even if you did mistakenly. Why send emails everyday.
    And you claim to be an Internet marketer??
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10772359].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NetMan
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      If you buy one of the JVZ products I promote as an affiliate, you will be added to my list.
      And you claim to be an Internet marketer??
      I would certainly AVOID, at all cost, to buy any products you promote as an "Affiliate" (you are then not the vendor), because if you are not the VENDOR then you have no right to add me to any other list and start spamming me, and if you do so and start emailing me without my express and clear OPT-IN to YOUR list on the side permission, then not only this is SPAM but absolutely UNETHICAL business behavior. And you may still get going on with this "behavior" for yet a little while but believe me, as some other said here in this thread, things are quite quickly and radically changing in the last few years in this matter and these crappy practices are about to be put on the obsolete "change or die" online marketing processes very soon. It's already started...

      Andre Foisy
      Signature
      **GET...** Cash Magic Funnels @ 80% OFF | PM me for the Coupon! Available for a VERY SHORT TIME ONLY!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10772409].message }}
  • Originally Posted by limitbreaker View Post

    Each time i purchase from WarriorPlus or Jvzoo. I'm opening my email to a series of unsolicited messages that might not even related to what i purchased.

    The worse part is that they send emails everyday. Some days 2 - 3 emails. A very unprofessional act because i never requested for any additional info from them and even if you did mistakenly. Why send emails everyday.

    I don't know if i'm right or wrong but i think a branded company of that size should stir clear of sending unsolicited emails to their clients customer.

    Or i'm i the only one that receives these emails?
    Your post title is the problem.
    You are assuming its SPAM, but its not.
    You opted in by buying the product. You agreed to be added to the mailing list. That, by definition means its not SPAM!
    If you don't like it, unsubscribe.

    All these people are doing is trying to make a living, stop calling them SCAMMERS and SPAMMERS, they are trying to pay a mortgage like the rest of us.
    If you don't like receiving marketing emails, perhaps the IM niche is not for you.
    Signature
    The money's in the list right? For all you'll ever need to know about building a list click here!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10772777].message }}
    • It is SPAM, dont be so narrow minded, what he is talking about is the practice of cross marketing without permission of the buyer, selling the buyers contact details for money, allowing anyone to add that buyers email address to another sellers list, (unrelated) and not disclosed to the buyer.

      Its about dishonesty and if you don't like that perhaps you should get ready to be put out of business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10773195].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    Here are some facts (has happened in the past as well):

    I bought a product through WarriorPlus using a tagged email address a little while back. A tagged email address is one that I only use on one site for one offer so it is unique. This way I can better know where my spam is coming from.

    A little while later I started receiving spam to that tagged address from someone that I don't know.

    There are a couple possibilities as to who sent that spam:

    1. The person I bought the product from setup a new email server and started using a fake name.
    2. PayPal is doing it.
    3. WarriorPlus or a "rogue" employee is doing it.
    4. The person I bought the product from sold or shared my email address.
    5. Random chance happening (Just so happens a spammer figures out my tagged email address and sends me IM related offers.)
    6. I have some sort of malware on my PC that happened to choose these 3 WarriorPlus tagged emails to send spam to but ignored the tons of other email addresses I get email to regularly.

    I also recently signed up for 2 free offers from WarriorPlus. Again, I used a tagged email address.

    So that is a total of 1 real purchase from a few months back and 2 recent free downloads. None of the sellers are related in any way from what I can tell.

    I did the 2 free downloads because of this thread. I wanted to see if the results I had before would happen again.

    Lo and behold guess what I received today?

    Three pieces of spam, exactly the same content/author/etc. sent to the three tagged email addresses.

    Same thing that happened before.

    Now, who do you think may be sending this spam?

    And no this isn't "marketing" and I should just get over it. This isn't related to what I opted in to. This isn't some poor guy just trying to make a living. This is a problem that exists and the unsubscribe button doesn't work and/or they add you to another list. This is full scale spamming/scamming by one of the choices listed above.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ames
    Go read JVZoo's privacy policy and terms of service (especially 1. Copyright, Licenses and Idea Submissions). Spamming will be the least of your concerns.
    Signature

    If it's too good to be true...
    Fraud - An Inside Look

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author silveroaks
    It is not just you. but it is not that big a problem although they must understand that this is no less annoying than the pop ups. you can simply unsubscribe or block.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10810426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tasari
    I really like Mark his post !!! It is just proven....

    But don't be sure that if you click "unsubscribe" at the end will "stop" the emails.

    You unsubscribe from those you are sure ( if domain name is jvzoo or warriorplus, NOT somewhere in url !! ). If you unsubscribe on spam, you just have confirmed your email address and could get a lot more later on... yes I know, not fair, that is what spammers do...... the email traffic of the whole world has a lot of spam in it, don't know if it 20%, but I read it is getting a problem...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10812088].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by tasari View Post

      I really like Mark his post !!! It is just proven....

      But don't be sure that if you click "unsubscribe" at the end will "stop" the emails.

      You unsubscribe from those you are sure ( if domain name is jvzoo or warriorplus, NOT somewhere in url !! ). If you unsubscribe on spam, you just have confirmed your email address and could get a lot more later on... yes I know, not fair, that is what spammers do...... the email traffic of the whole world has a lot of spam in it, don't know if it 20%, but I read it is getting a problem...
      I'd say it's closer to 50%, and it's making it a heck of a lot of harder for the people who are doing it right to get their emails inboxed.

      I've noticed over the last year or so that it's getting increasingly difficult to get inboxed. I have to check my spam folder all of the time because Gmail sends messages from well known marketers there even though I opted in to receive and in some cases even whitelisted them.

      Even after I go in and mark the message "not spam," it still sometimes will not show up in my "primary" or even my "promotions" tab. And I'm talking about really well known marketers whose mails that I benefit from. It's a pain in the butt!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10812329].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tasari
        Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

        I'd say it's closer to 50%, and it's making it a heck of a lot of harder for the people who are doing it right to get their emails inboxed.

        I've noticed over the last year or so that it's getting increasingly difficult to get inboxed. I have to check my spam folder all of the time because Gmail sends messages from well known marketers there even though I opted in to receive and in some cases even whitelisted them.

        Even after I go in and mark the message "not spam," it still sometimes will not show up in my "primary" or even my "promotions" tab. And I'm talking about really well known marketers whose mails that I benefit from. It's a pain in the butt!
        Thanks... First I wanted to say 40% but then I was not sure about it...
        It is really an issue, even for us, because like you, we don't want to miss an important email, could be coming from a customer too ( or future customer with questions ) !
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10813478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sirajuljony
    I am getting everyday but I am using Gmail that's why all in promotion folder
    Signature
    Active Member
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10812931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simpilot938
    Bear in mind that sellers on any affiliate platform are running a business, and the best people to do business with are recent customers. If you go on a price comparison website and sign up for a bunch of insurance quotes, are you surpised when not only do the site you went to sends you emails, but so do other insurance companies - That is still List Sharing.

    If you buy off Amazon you will get more emails from them with suggested products.

    Would you accuse either of these systems as 'spamming'? I doubt you would.

    Don't complain when internet marketers do the same. The tactics work and they are part of online life.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10815777].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by Simpilot938 View Post

      Bear in mind that sellers on any affiliate platform are running a business, and the best people to do business with are recent customers. If you go on a price comparison website and sign up for a bunch of insurance quotes, are you surpised when not only do the site you went to sends you emails, but so do other insurance companies - That is still List Sharing.

      If you buy off Amazon you will get more emails from them with suggested products.

      Would you accuse either of these systems as 'spamming'? I doubt you would.

      Don't complain when internet marketers do the same. The tactics work and they are part of online life.
      What we're talking about on this thread is a little different from what you just mentioned.

      Also, I've purchased many items from Amazon and I don't think I've ever received a single email from them.

      It has been a while since I purchased from there, but if I remember correctly there is a place that you can openly check your preferences on whether to receive emails from them when the vendor lists a new product. Some of the affiliate networks give you this option in incredible small print where it's very hard to see and some of them don't offer it at all. Not everyone wants to receive dozens of emails from people they have never heard of just because they purchased a product through an affiliate network.

      The problem that we are all having and discussing in this thread is that if you buy a product from one vendor within a few days you are suddenly bombarded by emails from not one or two, but sometimes dozens of marketers whose emails you did not ask for.

      Also, I think the thread was started so that we could all discuss just exactly how this is happening as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10825961].message }}

Trending Topics