its been a while, if not a all since I have contributed! (Busy Busy)
I've been working hard to create a portfolio of websites specifically targeted to Amazon
I've read everything about been an Amazon affiliate so i want to share my experience with you.
- Now the first thing, you've got to find a product that sells (I aim my sites at specific products), you can do this by viewing the top selling of each category... There are literally hundreds of ideas if you dig deep! Dont just look at rank one, go down to about 10 as these still sell like crazy! Dont worry about the price - Im selling a product under £3.00 that sells much much better than a product at £15.00!!
- Now you've found your product do a little bit of research into it to understand what exactly it does, its advantages, dis-advantages and best of all - WHO wants to buy it? If its a kids product - get yourself on Mothers baby forums etc..
- Get yourself onto Google keyword tool to find exactly the search's per month and then use the allintitle "product name" in google to analyse your competition. if the allintitle is under 10,000 then you've got a gold mine! Check the top 10 page ranks of the sites and generally under 2,3 then full steam ahead!
- I set all of my websites up on wordpress - the reason? its fast, SEO friendly - and is fantastic to list your Amazon product(s).
- Make sure you at least put your main keyword in the title,description and keyword.
- Now for each of my products - (Now you may differ, but I know mine works) I write 5 articles relating to the product and using Onlywire - I distribute them. I usually get the 5 articles up within the first 2 days! (Oh and delete that "Hello World" post first!!)
- The plugins I use for my amazon affiliate sites are:
- Pretty Link (Mask and Track my affiliate links)
- Google Analytics (Track Visitors - Handy for Keywords)
- All in one SEO pack (A must for optimising your site!)
- Contact form 7 (Makes your site friendly and approachable!)
- Intense Debate (Great for managing comments!)
- Wordpress Database Backup (you NEED to back yoursite up weekly)
- WP Security Scan (Great for finding exploits!)
Now this bit is what converts my visitors to customers, Create another post with slightly bigger text saying something along the lines of "Buy -Your product name" today" If there is a discount going on at Amazon tell them about it! Mask your link and track it.
Now im usually on the first page within 4 days after getting indexed. If I am not I simply make a few more articles and add them to Goarticles,Livejournal,Quizilla and Tumblr (With links back of course!)
So about my facts.
Within the past 2 month i've set up 10 websites which generate me between £50-£100/Week- Not bad for a semi-automated website now its ranked!
I hope you've like my first post! again it might not be perfect and there probably is some flaws but heck it makes money!!!
Open to any questions