I want to make money online

49 replies
We own a arbitrage business, basically we buy cheap and profit off our ad buys with ad revenue.

I wanted to know, if YOU owned this site, what else would you do to monetise it?
#million #month #unique #visitors
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    The reason why most marketers fail is because they focus on ONE TIME commission programs. In your case, you are NOT relying on residual commissions and you are not building your list. Your list can be your BIGGEST asset online. Stop what you are doing and build your list.

    I have people who are on my list since LAST YEAR and decided to join what ever I am promoting to them right now. So a list is the way to go.

    Don't forget to give them value and don't do what every other marketer is doing these days which is SELL SELL SELL.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747539].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author amalrichard
      Just go for PPV or PPL Network Traffic. to get targeted Audience and You can feel worth spending there. My Suggestion is Traffic vance. where your investment will be higher also the returns will be higher. If the product you have is good and you do Good follow up.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747554].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      The reason why most marketers fail is because they focus on ONE TIME commission programs. In your case, you are NOT relying on residual commissions and you are not building your list. Your list can be your BIGGEST asset online. Stop what you are doing and build your list.

      I have people who are on my list since LAST YEAR and decided to join what ever I am promoting to them right now. So a list is the way to go.

      Don't forget to give them value and don't do what every other marketer is doing these days which is SELL SELL SELL.
      I need to give people a reason to subscribe first. It's hard to get people to subscribe to receive daily email updates on more of our content, generally because people are already a bit annoyed by the user experience of the site since it's very aggressive with ads because we have to profit from our traffic buy.

      I'm keen to hear your suggestions on what kind of opt in page you would have, what would you offer to these users and what would you sell them later down the line?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Where is the traffic coming from and why are they on your site?

    If you're just buying random traffic that hasn't already shown interest for a specific niche (ex: weight loss, insurance, finance, etc...) then you'll never be able to zero in on anything to sell.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747629].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Where is the traffic coming from and why are they on your site?

      If you're just buying random traffic that hasn't already shown interest for a specific niche (ex: weight loss, insurance, finance, etc...) then you'll never be able to zero in on anything to sell.
      Facebook and twitter. There is no specific niche, articles are from 20 different categories. This is why i'm facing this problem.

      Unless i split up each category for example visitors on a Bodybuilding article get presented with some bodybuilding related material, etc etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747640].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
        Originally Posted by Anthony Lipari View Post

        Facebook and twitter. There is no specific niche, articles are from 20 different categories. This is why i'm facing this problem.

        Unless i split up each category for example visitors on a Bodybuilding article get presented with some bodybuilding related material, etc etc.
        I ******* Love Science has 24 million likes on Facebook and they make millions of dollars.

        Their website gets tens of millions of visitors a month.

        If you were at that level, I'm fairly sure you wouldn't be on WF
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10832649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    18 Years Exp . . . . . . . . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    You only have one choice, Anthony: clean the traffic.
    • You need to know what each segment of the traffic wants to take action on.
    • You need to build bridges and regain the trust of the traffic.
    • You need to avoid asking them for something; to opt-in, for instance.
    • You need to give things instead of ask for things.
    • You need to get into this mindset: you have a weak asset but you can leverage it to build several strong assets.
    To get specific, I'd need to know a lot more. But I can generalize and perhaps you can run with it.

    You have 50 million people, in any given month, each of whom should be viewed not as numbers but as people who will take action on numerous things with varying degrees of enthusiasm, but at the current time will be less likely to do so because you fail to present them with the right things and weaken their trust and their acceptance of whatever you might present to them due to the aggressive ads. Joe might subscribe to Match.com, might purchase Fallout 4 for the Xbox One, might take action on dozens of products and services presented to him. Trouble is, this is all guess work. Right now, this very second, those 50 million people are faceless numbers. Your only indication of what they want will be coming from where they've just been prior to arriving in your traffic stats (you may know a lot more, but I'm unsure of your ad software). And it gets worse. The aggressive ads have peed Joe off. He won't trust you. He won't like you. Even if by some fluke you present the right offers to Joe, he is far less likely to take action than if he trusted and liked you.

    So. That traffic - it needs to be cleaned. Furthermore, you need to clean it without losing control.

    This gets complex, so let me just give you a jumping-off solution, intended to be a springboard for deeper research on your part.
    • You need a network of external websites with sharable media and the network should be comprised of niche and general websites; think Cracked.com and Disclose.tv.
    • Based on what you know of the interests of your traffic (movies, dating, whatever) you need to serve relevant media that is infused with viral potential and is therefore highly sharable.
    • Each external website should employ optimized asset building strategies: newsletter, social, members (forum, WP).
    If it do it right, Anthony, this is what you'll achieve:
    • You'll end up changing numbers into people.
    • You'll end up finding out what each person wants.
    • You'll build bridges by giving (media), instead of instantly asking.
    • You'll be able to deliver effective monetizations.
    • You're EPC will be optimized.
    • You'll end up growing strong assets: lists, social followers, forum members.
    I best crack on with my day, but I hope the above helps. Best of luck!


    - Tom
    Signature

    I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic
    Learn one way I earn money: I give away free stuff.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747798].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by Tom Addams View Post

      You only have one choice, Anthony: clean the traffic.
      • You need to know what each segment of the traffic wants to take action on.
      • You need to build bridges and regain the trust of the traffic.
      • You need to avoid asking them for something; to opt-in, for instance.
      • You need to give things instead of ask for things.
      • You need to get into this mindset: you have a weak asset but you can leverage it to build several strong assets.
      To get specific, I'd need to know a lot more. But I can generalize and perhaps you can run with it.

      You have 50 million people, in any given month, each of whom should be viewed not as numbers but as people who will take action on numerous things with varying degrees of enthusiasm, but at the current time will be less likely to do so because you fail to present them with the right things and weaken their trust and their acceptance of whatever you might present to them due to the aggressive ads. Joe might subscribe to Match.com, might purchase Fallout 4 for the Xbox One, might take action on dozens of products and services presented to him. Trouble is, this is all guess work. Right now, this very second, those 50 million people are faceless numbers. Your only indication of what they want will be coming from where they've just been prior to arriving in your traffic stats (you may know a lot more, but I'm unsure of your ad software). And it gets worse. The aggressive ads have peed Joe off. He won't trust you. He won't like you. Even if by some fluke you present the right offers to Joe, he is far less likely to take action than if he trusted and liked you.

      So. That traffic - it needs to be cleaned. Furthermore, you need to clean it without losing control.

      This gets complex, so let me just give you a jumping-off solution, intended to be a springboard for deeper research on your part.
      • You need a network of external websites with sharable media and the network should be comprised of niche and general websites; think Cracked.com and Disclose.tv.
      • Based on what you know of the interests of your traffic (movies, dating, whatever) you need to serve relevant media that is infused with viral potential and is therefore highly sharable.
      • Each external website should employ optimized asset building strategies: newsletter, social, members (forum, WP).
      If it do it right, Anthony, this is what you'll achieve:
      • You'll end up changing numbers into people.
      • You'll end up finding out what each person wants.
      • You'll build bridges by giving (media), instead of instantly asking.
      • You'll be able to deliver effective monetizations.
      • You're EPC will be optimized.
      • You'll end up growing strong assets: lists, social followers, forum members.
      I best crack on with my day, but I hope the above helps. Best of luck!


      - Tom
      Hi Tom, thanks for the info.

      Currently, our articles are broken down into the following categories:

      World News, Beauty, Business, Relationships, Entertainment, Funny, Food, Science, Technology, Sports, Celebrity News, Politics, Finance, Fitness and Health , Photography, Travel, Sex, Dating, Film , Funny Texts, Bodybuilding, Sexy Girls, Inspirational, Cartoons, Art, Gaming, Automotive, Fashion, Luxury, WWE, Fails, Life Hacks, Fun Facts, Strange, Tattoos, Animals

      Our most popular categories by far are Sex, Sexy Girls and Celebrity News.

      Let's say we give the user a great experience, we have no ads at all for the start of the article, but at the end of the article we present them with the sales page. Can you give me an example of what you would do/say on the sales page for some of these categories?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris-
    As someone else says, you would make more profit, long-term by getting more focus in your traffic and content etc.

    A number of smaller, more focused sites will work better than one big one, for many reasons. You could start by by re-directing interested readers on a particular subject from your big site to more focused sites on specific subjects, and there, build lists and offer quality content and quality offers instead of lots of ads.

    One approach is to do that and test a bunch of different offers, and then when you know what converts best, create your own product that's even better, so you keep all the profit. Since you've got lots of traffic, it wouldn't take long to test different offers.

    For example, in the dating niche, there are tons of offers to try (start with those with the best EPC, and if possible, find those with recurring payments, rather than one-off). Even better would be to segment your traffic by sex, so men see the usual dating-for-men stuff, and women go to a different site with different sorts of products.

    Chris
    Signature

    If you have experience with paid traffic, or have a mailing-list or social-media following (niches: business, finance, money, MMO, IM), I may be able to get you access to one of the highest-converting offers ever made . . . $799.65 sales per webinar attendee from one mailing-list.

    PM me NOW for more info !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747864].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by Chris- View Post

      As someone else says, you would make more profit, long-term by getting more focus in your traffic and content etc.

      A number of smaller, more focused sites will work better than one big one, for many reasons. You could start by by re-directing interested readers on a particular subject from your big site to more focused sites on specific subjects, and there, build lists and offer quality content and quality offers instead of lots of ads.

      One approach is to do that and test a bunch of different offers, and then when you know what converts best, create your own product that's even better, so you keep all the profit. Since you've got lots of traffic, it wouldn't take long to test different offers.

      For example, in the dating niche, there are tons of offers to try (start with those with the best EPC, and if possible, find those with recurring payments, rather than one-off). Even better would be to segment your traffic by sex, so men see the usual dating-for-men stuff, and women go to a different site with different sorts of products.

      Chris
      Hey Chris,

      thanks for the info.

      Unfortunately we don't know their age or gender, the only thing we know is what niche is the page they came from and what kind of article they are currently reading.

      I was thinking of setting up like 20 different offers, and passing through the source ID and article ID as a subID, that way I can see which offers convert with which sources, and then optimise it to.

      But perhaps I should take a step back, and instead of direct marketing the offer, for example instead of saying "Single and looking for love? Click here", maybe it should be "Free Guide on Best Dating Sites", which requires them to subscribe, and then setup an autoresponder for various dating sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    Originally Posted by Anthony Lipari View Post

    Hi Tom, thanks for the info.

    Currently, our articles are broken down into the following categories:

    World News, Beauty, Business, Relationships, Entertainment, Funny, Food, Science, Technology, Sports, Celebrity News, Politics, Finance, Fitness and Health , Photography, Travel, Sex, Dating, Film , Funny Texts, Bodybuilding, Sexy Girls, Inspirational, Cartoons, Art, Gaming, Automotive, Fashion, Luxury, WWE, Fails, Life Hacks, Fun Facts, Strange, Tattoos, Animals

    Our most popular categories by far are Sex, Sexy Girls and Celebrity News.

    Let's say we give the user a great experience, we have no ads at all for the start of the article, but at the end of the article we present them with the sales page. Can you give me an example of what you would do/say on the sales page for some of these categories?
    No problem, Anthony.

    To answer your question, it depends on how you're serving the articles. From a network of external websites (niche, primarily) would be optimal. One should never, of course, syndicate content without some form of monetization, but often (especially in your case right now), it comes second to a greater concern: the clean-up. You have an asset, 50 million warm bodies, that you should be leveraging to produce quality traffic and more of it. Right now, then, your 2 primary concerns:
    • Leverage the traffic to bring about more growth, via social sharing.
    • Leverage the traffic, once clean, to build quality assets: socials, newsletters, primarily.
    The second point is obvious, so let me address the first: more growth.

    You can use your asset to seed syndications and begin the process of generating increasingly large volumes of quality traffic. Think of it like this: you could serve an article that promotes an affiliate dating offer to traffic in need of a clean-up, or you could serve highly-sharable dating media (articles, videos, whatever) to your seed base (a portion of those 50 million warm bodies) in order for them to syndicate the media for you, thereby expanding your traffic reach and claiming, in return, growing levels of targeted warm bodies.

    Monetize your platforms, that goes without saying, but I would keep to soft monetizations (the right combination of text and graphic-based ads served around the information you syndicate), and instead you need to push for growth:
    • Share our information.
    • Follow us on these socials.
    • Subscribe to our newsletter.
    You're in a very strong position. You have a tool (warm bodies) that, when you look after them, will work on your behalf without asking for anything in return. A workforce of 50 million. But - if you hit them with salesy media, you won't be playing this right. Instead, you want to give them incredible information, targeted to them, that they're going to want to share. Forget about monetizing those articles (right now; perhaps even for all time). Give them mind-blowing information and they'll reward you by sharing it, opting into your newsletters, following you on socials, and trusting and liking you enough to take action on monetizations that are not rammed down their throats.

    If you follow the above, Anthony, you'll do well. You've been clever enough to build that business (and it's a very good one). You just need to fine tune it.

    - Tom
    Signature

    I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic
    Learn one way I earn money: I give away free stuff.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10747911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ronnierokk
    I agree that you should try to niche target specific post in your blog to one specific niche.

    This way you know what traffic you have and the niche that they are interested in. In this way you can create a lead magnet in that niche to get sign ups and build your list.

    After you have a list if you don't have your own products you can just do affiliate marketing to your list, just remember to send them some valuable content as least once a week.

    Which could simply be sending them to a new blog post within that niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10750270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CityCowboy
    I see that a lot of people already said that you should... Build a list.

    But building a list works GREAT for Niche websites NOT Generic websites like yours. Of course, you can build a mailing list if you want - and see where that takes you, with 50 million visitors - you will sure grow your list very fast without offering them anything.

    I think Generic Ads and Adsense type Ads work great for socially viral sites like yours.

    Why NOT try another type of Ads - like Native Advertising and CPA Ads, A lot of websites are making a killing with just using Sponsored Content Ads.

    or you can try CPA offers that are relevant to your sites content.

    There are a lot of ways that you can use to monetize your website - Don't limit yourself to just Selling Ads
    Signature
    ''I predict Bitcoin at $1 million by 2020, I'll eat my d*** if wrong.'' – John McAfee.
    Join Our FREE Cryptocurrency Instagram Page! >>>
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10750285].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author binelus
    Originally Posted by Anthony Lipari View Post

    We own a large arbitrage business, basically we buy traffic dirt cheap and profit off our ad buys with ad revenue.

    The business does well, BUT, I just feel we could be making WAY more money with it. We don't sell any products to our visitors, we don't capture any leads, and we don't have any long term revenue streams (crazy I know). So as soon as we stop buying traffic, we stop making revenue, FOREVER. This scares me. But we just don't know what to do or how to approach this. We're working on a few things but they are months away from completion before we can even test.

    I wanted to know, if YOU owned this site, and you were getting clicks for half a cent like we are, what else would you do to monetise it?

    Something I've tried, which gets leads, but doesn't profit as much as just redirecting people to another article on our site, is at the end of the article we have a Next button and if the user clicks that, we go to a landing page saying "You have reached the end of the article, {insert some sales pitch here}."

    I've tried binary options with this, we got leads (a very low conversion rate) and some sales, but again, it was far more profitable for us just to redirect them to another article and make ad revenue without them buying anything.

    What would you do?
    From my understanding, you traffic is pretty broad and maybe not targeted enough.

    You will have to create an incentive (lead magnet) to capture leads on your pages, if possible with an exit pop up or a delayed one.

    It could be a video, report, etc, and it has to relate to the content that is on the landing page you are sending that traffic to.

    If you are getting low conversion rate for the leads, it's about testing different strategies to capture them!

    Good luck and keep it up.
    Signature

    Tune into my new Podcast "Affiliate Marketing Secrets Radio" ==> HERE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10750287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author desley
    Hi,
    All these suggestions appear to me to be great suggestions. This might be kind of a bit left field and it might be a lot of work initially, have you considered with all the various topics you have (sounds like a website I'm familiar with that PR Dominator has in place, similar topics is all I'm saying - I digress) - having those topics on a sub domain to your main domain and directly linking the sub domain site to the main site (especially if it's a WP site) - this way you could set up:

    * Email marketing lists for each of the sub domain niche topic websites, sell goods or services etc. specific to that sub - domain.

    * Kind of like having your own Blog Network all linking to and from the main website.

    I wonder if this might also assist with your traffic endeavours, because you can then direct the relevant traffic to the relevant sub domain website, hence the traffic might be a tad bit more targeted to that specific traffic.

    To be honest I don't know if this will assist, however, I thought I would put it out there for more experienced WF Members to potentially comment on whether this might be a useful strategy for you to include.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10750820].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Elvin Ross
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10750969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davemiz
    at the end, promote CPA offers...
    Signature

    “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10751124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Ray
    Do you have a recommendation system? Do you use any machine learning (ML) algorithms for visitor retention?

    A good recommendation system can double and even triple your page views. That, means more ad revenues.

    A good ML engine can predict, with over 90% accuracy, which article your visitor will like or dislike within each category on your website. The recommendation system should make real-time content recommendations based on these predictions.


    If you don’t have this, you’re really missing out. This type of ML engine is not cheap but with 50M monthly visitors, you should really consider this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10752002].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by Joe Ray View Post

      Do you have a recommendation system? Do you use any machine learning (ML) algorithms for visitor retention?

      A good recommendation system can double and even triple your page views. That, means more ad revenues.

      A good ML engine can predict, with over 90% accuracy, which article your visitor will like or dislike within each category on your website. The recommendation system should make real-time content recommendations based on these predictions.


      If you don't have this, you're really missing out. This type of ML engine is not cheap but with 50M monthly visitors, you should really consider this.
      can you recommend one to me?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10752860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anayb
    So, you buy 50 mil. traffic and do not know how to retain them? where you get your traffic from? read lots of forum posts about lead capturing and sales funnel. Allot some time for reading as well. It seems you are doing well, but its a one-way street what you're doing. Diversify.
    Signature
    Do you need an exclusive video product?
    Graphics Design - Motion Graphics - 2D & 3D Animation - Video Editing - Color Grading - Logo Animation - etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10752004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Whintaked40
    CPA offers is the best way to advertise your business in the end.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10752033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samuelbreezey
    1) Create a product to sell

    2) Generate Lead - "THE MONEY IS IN A LIST"

    What if your website got shut down tomorrow would you be buggered?? It sounds like you would!! So start getting some email addresses with the traffic you are buying. That way you can target them customers with offers, with your product that you will sell & also you can send them to new articles.

    This will save you money as well as you can get traffic through emails therefore gradually reducing the need to buy paid traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10752109].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashmonk
    50 million?...I would start to do polls and surveys to find interest, categorize into niche interest, start a relationship via autoresponder, send affiliate programs rinse and repeat with each niche
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10752512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
    Originally Posted by Anthony Lipari View Post

    We own a large arbitrage business, basically we buy traffic dirt cheap and profit off our ad buys with ad revenue.

    The business does well, BUT, I just feel we could be making WAY more money with it. We don’t sell any products to our visitors, we don’t capture any leads, and we don’t have any long term revenue streams (crazy I know). So as soon as we stop buying traffic, we stop making revenue, FOREVER. This scares me. But we just don’t know what to do or how to approach this. We’re working on a few things but they are months away from completion before we can even test.

    I wanted to know, if YOU owned this site, and you were getting clicks for half a cent like we are, what else would you do to monetise it?

    Something I’ve tried, which gets leads, but doesn’t profit as much as just redirecting people to another article on our site, is at the end of the article we have a Next button and if the user clicks that, we go to a landing page saying “You have reached the end of the article, {insert some sales pitch here}.”

    I’ve tried binary options with this, we got leads (a very low conversion rate) and some sales, but again, it was far more profitable for us just to redirect them to another article and make ad revenue without them buying anything.

    What would you do?


    Hey Anthony,

    i'm also in traffic and advertising. But not the way you do it,
    there are MUCH better biz models.

    1) free signups, because you need to educate your clients

    2) affiliates are a must, because you grow much faster

    3) payback model, to give your customers the chance to partner with you
    that's a whole different ballgame than "publishing articles" to be honest
    you miss the mark if you see yourself as an content publisher, this is so
    1999. These days advertising is so huge by itself that nobody needs to
    waste their time with old models like that.

    have a look at the video in my sig, let Frank give you a few pointers about
    where you can go from where you're right now to where we are today
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10752767].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by George Schwab View Post

      Hey Anthony,

      i'm also in traffic and advertising. But not the way you do it,
      there are MUCH better biz models.

      1) free signups, because you need to educate your clients

      2) affiliates are a must, because you grow much faster

      3) payback model, to give your customers the chance to partner with you
      that's a whole different ballgame than "publishing articles" to be honest
      you miss the mark if you see yourself as an content publisher, this is so
      1999. These days advertising is so huge by itself that nobody needs to
      waste their time with old models like that.

      have a look at the video in my sig, let Frank give you a few pointers about
      where you can go from where you're right now to where we are today
      hey the links in your signature sent me to a broken page, can you check them again?

      As for free signups, yeah, but what are they signing up for??

      As for affiliates, we already have 45,000 affiliates sending us traffic. Traffic is growing, but long term revenue is still non-existent.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10752865].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
        Originally Posted by Anthony Lipari View Post

        hey the links in your signature sent me to a broken page, can you check them again?

        As for free signups, yeah, but what are they signing up for??

        As for affiliates, we already have 45,000 affiliates sending us traffic. Traffic is growing, but long term revenue is still non-existent.

        http://www.getmyads.us

        is currently locked locally but not in eu and us,
        so in case you cannot access it, use 1 of these vpn's

        https://dotvpn.com

        http://Surfeasy.com

        both are free plugins for browsers or smart phones,
        then you can change to different countries, for example
        access the internet via US, EU, UK or Singapore, etc

        Cool, no more censorship of local wanna-be internet providers.

        Cheers!
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10753318].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vikasgupta87
    Try media.net of infolinks you will surely improve.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10753101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ivanadee
    Hi,
    You may offer CPA stuffs and...you need to know the niche you are in so you may get targeted leads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10753123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wiseoldman
    I surely recommend to ask each visit to pay $1, $1 x 50m = $500 million. No problems.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10753236].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post

      I surely recommend to ask each visit to pay $1, $1 x 50m = $500 million. No problems.
      Actually 1 x 50,000,000 = $50,000,000

      I've tried this already, no one wants to pay anything.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10754162].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
      Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post

      I surely recommend to ask each visit to pay $1, $1 x 50m = $500 million. No problems.
      Forgiving the "old man" for his math, however, it is...

      Not a bad idea. HOW?

      One way you might consider is this.

      Recently fellow Warrior Barb Ling had a "dime sale" for a product, a one page RESOURCE page for list building. I paid 3.77 for her excellent one page HOTSHEET (she calls it a cheatsheet). Doesn't take much time to create something like this.

      With affiliate products as her back end, she took in over 4,000 dollars with this simple one page product.

      OK, how might you test this?

      You say many of your visitors make sex, sexy girls and celebrity news a popular subject.

      Write an article: Where to see Hollywood Stars naked...for free.

      A simple article about where the Paparazzi hang out, which vacation spots, which beaches around the world do celebrities flee to, trying to avoid the public eye.

      At the end of the article, offer a 1 dollar MAP. A simple pdf file which shows popular beaches and resorts celebrities have been spotted at.

      This is easy to find information, look to the tabloids and celebrity mags and/or just google images of celebrities.

      REMEMBER, this is just an idea, one you can easily test and try to get one dollar for a simple little project. Lot you can do with sex and sexy girls.

      TRAVEL. Now you don't need sexy, but how about a simple resource where popular Sports figures hand out? Where do the best football (soccer) players go during the off season. Where in the world is Waldo (or LeBron James, who is in Akron, OH).

      Combine this with PHOTOGRAPHY. Who BUYS pics of celebrities, a simple one page resource showing recent photo purchases and maybe a fuller report for a little bit of money.

      Use your popular articles, the most read ones and link to a simple sales page, one dollar, and now you can start building a list out by interests. Keep it simple, and follow up every purchase with a survey, offering another report for FREE to get your double opt-in and then you can start sending them some offers.

      Your portal must act as a "venturi", which like a garden hose nozzle turns a steady stream of water into a high pressure water gun. You put them into this funnel via very cheap very simple items, which could be a no brainer, and from that do the same thing for each worthwhile category.

      Once you have a simple HOTSHEET site set up, you just keep the link working and set it and forget it. Develop back ends from your surveys, a "sneaky" way to do it is to offer them a choice of free reports, after they spend the buck, and they narrow themselves down for you.

      This IDEA, along with others you have rec'd might help you begin to turn millions of uniques into tens of thousands of smackeroos.

      GordonJ
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10760444].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rhinocl
    If you have a model that works on your present site, I would avoid messing with it for now. Instead build a second site that is designed for list building- less ads, but more targeted and with realliy compelling reasons to sign up. Find a niche with a lot of good affiliate programs, but one in which you can also create your own products. Expect to lose money for a year or two while you experiment (make $10 on the present site, lose $1 on the new site). Eventually when you get it right you should have a site with more permanent income but few IM sites are truly permanent. Even Microsoft may come to an end some day if they keep treating customers the way they do now with programs that take over and do things automatically instead of on demand.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10753376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kazimuhith
    As suggested by many warriors before , try to build a list and monetize the list with relevant offers..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10754305].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by kazimuhith View Post

      As suggested by many warriors before , try to build a list and monetize the list with relevant offers..
      Can you give me an example of a list you would build, what you would send to them and what products you would advertise?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10754354].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by kazimuhith View Post

      As suggested by many warriors before , try to build a list and monetize the list with relevant offers..
      how would you get people to opt in?

      what would you market to them?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10759995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
    Originally Posted by Anthony Lipari View Post

    We own a large arbitrage business, basically we buy traffic dirt cheap and profit off our ad buys with ad revenue.

    The business does well, BUT, I just feel we could be making WAY more money with it. We don't sell any products to our visitors, we don't capture any leads, and we don't have any long term revenue streams (crazy I know). So as soon as we stop buying traffic, we stop making revenue, FOREVER. This scares me. But we just don't know what to do or how to approach this. We're working on a few things but they are months away from completion before we can even test.

    I wanted to know, if YOU owned this site, and you were getting clicks for half a cent like we are, what else would you do to monetise it?

    Something I've tried, which gets leads, but doesn't profit as much as just redirecting people to another article on our site, is at the end of the article we have a Next button and if the user clicks that, we go to a landing page saying "You have reached the end of the article, {insert some sales pitch here}."

    I've tried binary options with this, we got leads (a very low conversion rate) and some sales, but again, it was far more profitable for us just to redirect them to another article and make ad revenue without them buying anything.

    What would you do?
    curious your traffic is " bot traffic " as you claim dirt cheap? or real human visitors?
    I look around for paid traffic but need real human visitors not bot. as you claim cheap
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10760652].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

      curious your traffic is " bot traffic " as you claim dirt cheap? or real human visitors?
      I look around for paid traffic but need real human visitors not bot. as you claim cheap
      Yes I'm trying to get my "bot traffic" to signup to my email list and purchase products to produce long term revenue

      it's 100% real humans.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10761324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coffeediva
    I have not read all replies to this post but would like to know when people purchase your traffic you must be getting some info from them.
    What I would do would be set up a form where they fill in what industry they are in and what type of traffic they are looking for. I would then segment this traffic into industry specific lists. You could then do a few things. You could send them out emails with info that will assist them in their marketing or if the lists are a decent size offer a solo ad type service where you send out ther peoples email broadcast with a cost per click or cost per send. The lists should now be targeted to certain industry types and so more targeted
    If you are organised enough you could get a manager to manage this part of your business.
    Hope that helps
    J
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10761096].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
    After i think about it a bit longer, I think you have 2 very realistic options only

    because getmyads.us [no more DNS issues]

    does not work on a cold audience that has no clue how to take advantage of that,
    they simply havent gotten the brains to get how easy it would be for them to make money.....

    what you should do instead:

    1) build a list, send offers, can be a cpa offers with inbuilt auto-rotators

    2) do Cpa offers directly on your site

    I recommend:

    ytz.com

    they do everything cpa related, for example you put an auto-rotator link
    on your site, and they rotate free offers until they get good numbers
    and then you will profit quite a bit. They analyse your traffic and after a
    week they only offers that convert on YOUR site. Cannot get better than that,
    because takes off the heat for you to split test and optimize. It's basically
    a hands-free auto optimizer with all kinds of offers. Smart guys.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10765667].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by George Schwab View Post

      After i think about it a bit longer, I think you have 2 very realistic options only

      because getmyads.us [no more DNS issues]

      does not work on a cold audience that has no clue how to take advantage of that,
      they simply havent gotten the brains to get how easy it would be for them to make money.....

      what you should do instead:

      1) build a list, send offers, can be a cpa offers with inbuilt auto-rotators

      2) do Cpa offers directly on your site

      I recommend:

      ytz.com

      they do everything cpa related, for example you put an auto-rotator link
      on your site, and they rotate free offers until they get good numbers
      and then you will profit quite a bit. They analyse your traffic and after a
      week they only offers that convert on YOUR site. Cannot get better than that,
      because takes off the heat for you to split test and optimize. It's basically
      a hands-free auto optimizer with all kinds of offers. Smart guys.

      What incentive would you offer to build the list? I'm going to be offering a sweepstake for people to enter and give their email in return.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10765724].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
        Originally Posted by Anthony Lipari View Post

        What incentive would you offer to build the list? I'm going to be offering a sweepstake for people to enter and give their email in return.
        i think best is learn from the best, i.e. ytz.com no#1 rotator is sweepstakes

        so have a look at those advertisers, write down what they offer, then make
        a decision which you think is best for you, analyze the top 10 sweepstakes

        i can honestly say their sweepstake offers are converting very well, so they
        are mostly real pros that only advertise converting offers,

        no complains whatsoever.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10771637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dburk
    Hi Anthony,

    You have got to stop looking at your traffic as whole and see it for what it really is, a bunch of marketing segments. The only way to monetize your traffic efficiently is to use good ole fashion marketing principles.

    The 2nd principal of marketing is segmentation. You don't have 50 million in traffic, stop thinking like that, Instead you have 50 or so, different streams of traffic.Pay attention to what your advertisers are doing, your traffic is obviously worth more to them than it is worth to you, else they wouldn't be buying it. Each of their ads are focused on something very specific, and they are likely targeting very specific segments of your traffic. Watch them and learn.

    The 3rd principle of marketing is specificity. Select specific audience segments, and target them with very specific solutions, to very specific problems. Use very specific marketing messages to communicate your very specific offer, tailor it precisely to your highly specific target audience segment. Be specific.

    The 1st principal of marketing is to measure. You don't know what an offer is worth to a market segment until you test, measure the results, and then adapt to the needs of your targeted audience segment. You have a lot of potential data passing through web pages, start segmenting and measuring specific actions, on specific offers, that target specific audience segments. Your advertisers are doing that now, you should too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10765711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gabrielrala
    try to identify the your niche, from there have something that attracts them like video or anything that is appealing then try to be consistent and make sure to direct them to your page
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10771390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author facku9912
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10771680].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777234].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
        Originally Posted by Anthony Lipari View Post

        What if I built a giant list, and then sold solo ads? Would you be interested in buying a solo ad?
        Why would you want to sell solo ads?

        You're among the top 0.01% of content sites on the planet.

        You should be earning millions of dollars in ad revenue a month.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10832657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
    hey guys, question while I'm here, what is the best forum to offer my services to sell traffic and solo ads? I don't want to post it in the wrong forum and get banned or get the thread deleted, so which one should I post it in?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10790772].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Anthony Lipari View Post

      hey guys, question while I'm here, what is the best forum to offer my services to sell traffic and solo ads? I don't want to post it in the wrong forum and get banned or get the thread deleted, so which one should I post it in?
      Warrior Classifieds. - You pay to play, which is just how it should be.

      Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10790928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    What kind of retargeting are you doing? You should be building huge lists of folks pixels you can market to again and again without having to collect a single email.


    Why are you married to this particular site? Paid traffic can be redirected virtually anywhere. What other types of landing pages have you tested and what A/B testing have you applied?
    Signature
    Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
    Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10791407].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gullprint
    "it's 100% real humans." It's what you're saying?
    Ha-ha-ha. Total BS. No one has "100% real humans".
    And on another note, if you really have 50ml/mo, it's the level of a site like BuzzFeed. And they make min ~$35M/year. So $35M not enough for you?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10831962].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony Lipari
      Originally Posted by gullprint View Post

      "it's 100% real humans." It's what you're saying?
      Ha-ha-ha. Total BS. No one has "100% real humans".
      And on another note, if you really have 50ml/mo, it's the level of a site like BuzzFeed. And they make min ~$35M/year. So $35M not enough for you?
      no, please help me to reach $1 billion. what tips do you have for me?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10833095].message }}

Trending Topics