If you had $10,000 EXTRA to invest in YOUR business

44 replies
I'm curious to hear what people would use this for. Obviously will depend on business, stage of business etc.

For me right now I'm not sure where I would invest.
#$10 #business #extra #invest
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    For me right now I'm not sure where I would invest.
    Give it to me and I will make you famous!!
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10776997].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      Give it to me and I will make you famous!!
      DO NOT listen to this nut job. I will make you even more famouser.

      Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777060].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author positivenegative
        Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        DO NOT listen to this nut job. I will make you even more famouser.
        In other words you'll give him a Leg-Drop Bulldog. Nice.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777066].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        Don't listen to either one of them. I'll make you famous and sexy for the same amount. If you act on this offer by midnight, I'll make you 2 inches taller, too!

        Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

        Give it to me and I will make you famous!!
        Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        DO NOT listen to this nut job. I will make you even more famouser.

        Frank
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778722].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author positivenegative
    Originally Posted by markbowden1 View Post

    I'm curious to hear what people would use this for.

    Obviously will depend on business, stage of business etc.
    There are hundreds of thousands of different types of businesses - all in numerous different stages of development and each with their own unique set of development problems. The chances of any of them being identical to yours AND at the exact same stage of development are remote to zero.

    So, in reality, it's pointless you asking the question.


    Originally Posted by markbowden1 View Post

    For me right now I'm not sure where I would invest.
    In which case it's doubly pointless asking the question.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777001].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author markbowden1
      Originally Posted by positivenegative View Post

      There are hundreds of thousands of different types of businesses - all in numerous different stages of development and each with their own unique set of development problems. The chances of any of them being identical to yours AND at the exact same stage of development are remote to zero.

      So, in reality, it's pointless you asking the question.


      In which case it's doubly pointless asking the question.
      Interesting that you think these things. Do you have a Business?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Corey Taylor
    Split testing my banners, sales page and definitely my email series. Would probably hire some people for each subject to improve my CTRs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777019].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aiva
      Originally Posted by Corey Taylor View Post

      Split testing my banners, sales page and definitely my email series. Would probably hire some people for each subject to improve my CTRs.
      Agreed! If I had $10,000 to invest into my business, I would A/B test my banners, campaigns, emails to ensure I have a high success rate in converting my website visitors into life long customers. I would also invest it into hiring copywriters to make sure the messaging of my website resonates well with my visitors.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780094].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JbreezeA
        Originally Posted by aiva View Post

        Agreed! If I had $10,000 to invest into my business, I would A/B test my banners, campaigns, emails to ensure I have a high success rate in converting my website visitors into life long customers. I would also invest it into hiring copywriters to make sure the messaging of my website resonates well with my visitors.
        I also agree. Investing in copywriters to write click-worthy headlines, articles, social media, content is probably the best investment. Also, hiring a Social Media Specialist to manage your online presence/branding, and a VA to work on admin duties which allows you to free up your time to focus on your product, investor meetings, etc.
        Signature
        Have A Wonderful Day! Click Here To Become A Beta Tester For Us ~JBreezeA
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787123].message }}
  • Its interesting because I do actually have $10k that I could potentially invest. I'm a bit too cautious to make the leap though.

    Ill be following this thread to see if I get any ideas.

    One thing i might consider doing is building out an email list in more depth, getting a email series setup, landing pages and having a solid sales funnel for my service
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    for the niche market im in..

    pinterest ads ALL DAY! with that money
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777047].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author angelap999
      Pinterest Ads will benefit my niche immensely.

      And recruiting other talented artists in my niche to join my team
      Signature
      Winning Facebook (Free) Marketing Strategies
      http://goo.gl/VrfO1A
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
    Banned
    Originally Posted by markbowden1 View Post

    I'm curious to hear what people would use this for. Obviously will depend on business, stage of business etc.

    For me right now I'm not sure where I would invest.
    Do you actually have $10k to invest or are you just playing with yourself?

    Frank
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777059].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

      Do you actually have $10k to invest or are you just playing with yourself?

      Frank
      Frank this is a pg rated platform, please restrain yourself lol

      That being said, I think investing in a few high quality Copywriters could be an option for many. Just investing in EXCELLENT Content in general is something I do and would do here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778472].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
        Banned
        Originally Posted by discrat View Post

        Frank this is a pg rated platform, please restrain yourself lol.
        C'mon. I can't win. I did refrain myself. I was originally going to ask if he was engaged in mental masturbation?

        Are you happy, now? :-)

        Frank

        P.S. I'm assuming PG stands for 'pretty gruesome.'
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    I monetize purchased data, so most of my money...regardless of the dollar amount usually just goes to the same thing, increasing data and mailing infrastructure.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    18 Years Exp . . . . . . . . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ivanadee
    If you are not sure, it's better to use the money to find the mentor first
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Isaiah Nixon
    I definitely would put it towards advertisement or quality improvement. I stay particularly online so inventory or employees aren't something i would invest in just yet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theimunderground
    I would invest it in systems. Nothing has exponentially increased my income like systems have (employees, outsourcing, structure, intake systems, etc.).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777242].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Isaiah Nixon
      Originally Posted by theimunderground View Post

      I would invest it in systems. Nothing has exponentially increased my income like systems have (employees, outsourcing, structure, intake systems, etc.).
      Outsourcing is definitely great.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777257].message }}
  • If I had an extra $10k to spend I would definitely use part of it for more advertising.
    Signature
    ♦ BigMoneyAffiliates.com - 100% free super high paying programs. Make up to $10,000+ per deal & lifetime revenue share.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markbowden1
    I'm not looking for advice for my business. I'm looking to hear what different people in different areas and niches and different developmental stages would do with $10k.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markbowden1
    I'm actually investing already in Adwords on both PPC and YouTube. Infusionsoft, Social Media ads, SEO, and other things. All giving me a certain ROI, however, I'm always looking to improve my info of current trends on what people are using... I also already outsource a lot of functions within my business
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
    I put a house on the market, its in the papers for the next week
    in case we will get a quick sale, I'v got about 23 x the sum to invest

    the game plan: with half of it build a new house

    other half: part of it into leasing some new tourist property
    other part into getmyads.us as usual, pays decent amounts

    thats about it....why risk new things when everything existing already works?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    Originally Posted by markbowden1 View Post

    I'm curious to hear what people would use this for. Obviously will depend on business, stage of business etc.

    For me right now I'm not sure where I would invest.
    What is it with people who want to know others business ??? what makes write such crap...

    What ifs do not make you rich and this type of thread just a waste of your time!

    You want to make 10K work hard for 8-12 hours on your own product and within 6 months you will have it

    Apart form that dont waste peoples time , sorry for the hard love but this type of thread will not do anything but hear how 90% of people who will never make a dime on the net tell you their dreams and attract sig spammers

    Jason
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777839].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author markbowden1
      Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

      What is it with people who want to know others business ??? what makes write such crap...

      What ifs do not make you rich and this type of thread just a waste of your time!

      You want to make 10K work hard for 8-12 hours on your own product and within 6 months you will have it

      Apart form that dont waste peoples time , sorry for the hard love but this type of thread will not do anything but hear how 90% of people who will never make a dime on the net tell you their dreams and attract sig spammers

      Jason
      I cannot understand this kind of comment? This is a business / internet marketing forum and I'm asking where people would look to invest this kind of money in their business.

      It's a hypothetical question and it's these sorts of inquisitive, thought provoking questions that have got my business to the level it is today. it gives ideas and thoughts of where to invest and trends that people are looking into right now. It assists me as well as others that are also looking to move their businesses forward.

      Has this forum really fallen to these pathetic levels? A decent conversation on business investment was the objective, yet I get a response like this? And pathetic it is
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778129].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
        Originally Posted by markbowden1 View Post

        I cannot understand this kind of comment? This is a business / internet marketing forum and I'm asking where people would look to invest this kind of money in their business.

        It's a hypothetical question and it's these sorts of inquisitive, thought provoking questions that have got my business to the level it is today. it gives ideas and thoughts of where to invest and trends that people are looking into right now. It assists me as well as others that are also looking to move their businesses forward.

        Has this forum really fallen to these pathetic levels? A decent conversation on business investment was the objective, yet I get a response like this? And pathetic it is
        Mark

        I understand this is not the answer you wanted but! why do you want to know about others ? there have been a lot of these threads over the last 6 months and they are a complete waste of time not mention the reply's you have so far you can see how warriors take this thread

        One of the biggest reasons you are not getting reply's is the way warriors will look upon this type of thread in suspicion as in " what product is he making"
        or " he is just to lazy to use the search tab"

        Jason
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    Invest into "High ticket business" + traffic campaigns

    you can make $5K - $8K per month
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777851].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    Well OP, after looking through the responses you have received from total strangers, Have you come to your decision?

    al
    Signature

    Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
    ~Jack Handey~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bestAd
    I will set up a business that will run on autopilot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MValmont
    Probably more ads, or invest it in a really good top level coach
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778552].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    TRAFFIC TRAFFIC AND TRAFFIC!


    You see people spend too much time and money on a funnel or whatever, but use is that without targeted traffic?
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778884].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author markbowden1
      Originally Posted by shaunybb View Post

      TRAFFIC TRAFFIC AND TRAFFIC!


      You see people spend too much time and money on a funnel or whatever, but use is that without targeted traffic?
      I subscribe to this. Optimising landing pages and user journeys etc are very important, but traffic is my number 1 right now
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10779274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    Many people believe that if they only had $10K to invest in Paid Ads that they would be successful.

    I beg to differ.

    It doesn't take long to burn through $10K in ads nowadays. Advertising can be expensive and it's still quite a learning curve.

    I would just stick to the simple stuff until you become more experienced and then move forward.

    Also...

    Invest in 'Personal Development'.

    Because the 'average' human mind can not handle freedom.

    The more I work on my mindset, the more action I am able to take and the better results I have.

    I am not saying I am a millionaire but my results are getting a lot better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10779014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JawadAshraf
    I will find a highly converting great affiliate product and will advertise for it and will make the double in return
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10779445].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by JawadAshraf View Post

      I will find a highly converting great affiliate product and will advertise for it and will make the double in return
      Sure you will. Be sure to let us know how that works out for you. :-)

      Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
    Originally Posted by markbowden1 View Post

    I'm curious to hear what people would use this for. Obviously will depend on business, stage of business etc.
    I can tell you where the money already goes:

    (even if it doesn't happen as fast as always wanted)

    1) Investing in traffic
    2) Investing in traffic
    3) Pizza

    As my business continues to move forward, aside from traffic...

    Money will go towards developers, agencies, building a team, outsourcing, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author p2bpk
    will market highly converting affiliate product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780042].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MoneyRaker
    I'd invest it in safe stocks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780048].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by MoneyRaker View Post

      I'd invest it in safe stocks
      Looks like we've reached the point where people don't even read the question before posting. This is what's referred to in the IM world as 'rock-bottom.'

      It's official. We have arrived!

      Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780057].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPG19
    Google Adwords campaign and Facebook ads campaigns.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780166].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by PPG19 View Post

      Google Adwords campaign and Facebook ads campaigns.
      That's as good a way as any to waste $10K.

      Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780170].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        If you're good at wasting, you're still good at something, right?

        Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        That's as good a way as any to waste $10K.

        Frank
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vovanfree
    I'd expand my business by adding more personnel to focus on growing my business
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787048].message }}

Trending Topics