SADLY most affiliates do their marketing wrong! Here's what i have learned...

91 replies
Hey warriors


Yep sadly from what I see online most affiliate marketers do it wrong. They try and copy everyone else and ride the gravy train, so to speak. Let me share with you some stuff I have learned over the years:


1) DIRECT LINKING:- Yes and no. Some people get lucky and can direct link for example to a CB product and do this all day long and make a lot of money. However, of course this worked many years ago, but today as we know customers are wiser!


Having a landing page & proven funnel set up is what needed. Yeah I know, most marketers will think this is easy but it's not. They might be happy with their 20% conversion rate, but I get annoyed at 55% conversion rates.


2) SELLING-DON'T SELL:- Of course to make money you need to sell, but you can't sell when your doing affiliate marketing. This type of make money online income requires you to build relationships.


The best way I find that I make the most money is simply just recommending something. For example, in my email follow up I have a case study where I take my list through 4 days of a campaign and show them sections and what to do. Then at the end I simply work in that I recommend product X and tell them how it would benefit them! IT WORKS!


3) DON'T GIVE UP:- Sadly most people make the mistake of giving up and then they get annoyed they have made no money. Just like any business, this will take time and work. It won't happen overnight, but money can and is being made.


4) MAKING MONEY RIGHT OFF THE BAT?:- A lot of marketers are worried to sell right off the bat but don't be. When you recommend a tripwire or low price offer after the customer signs up, you can re coup some of the advertising money and you have just created one of the most powerful things a connection & a small commitment!


5) CONSISTENCY! Just because your able to make a few sales on CB does not mean you have an affiliate empire. On the other hand earning $100 each day of the week is something that is consistent and shows you have a good funnel and blueprint in place


6) DOING WHAT OTHER WON'T! Too many marketers follow the herd and then they get lost. I market different, I market from unique angles and I attack my customers from a different angle. They get fed up of seeing the same stuff over and over!


7) STAYING WITH THE SAME PRODUCT DESPITE POOR CONVERSIONS! A lot of affiliates will make a huge mistake without even knowing it. If the product is not converting guys make sure to find another one or find a different niche. Of course you need to test first and really analyse your results, but what's the point of throwing mud at the wall if it doesn't stick?


8) USER INTENT? SAY WHAT....! Marketing for anything or any business online, you will need to know user intent and this is true with affiliate marketing also. You also need to match the message to market!. Do you really think the person who is looking for "DOG FOOD" wants "UNCLE BOB DOG TRAINING PDF?". NO, they want dog food.


9) COMPETITION IS BAD...! Competition my friends is good! It means the product is selling and there is money to made. But sadly most people see competition as a threat too bad smart marketers are taking all the money then. While your worried about competition, I'm finding the back door in so to speak. Long tail keywords with great intent behind them. I am also doing what your not in terms of my marketing angle


10) THE MONEY IS NOT ALWAYS IN THE MONEY NICHE: Did you know that the term bed bugs get searched over 300,000 times a month? And did you also know there is a top marketer that is making $50,000 a month as an affiliate for a bed bug product! There are tons of niches that can make a lot of money!!


11) THE NEEDS AND WANTS OF A CUSTOMER, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE! We all need sleep to survive but sometimes we only want 4 or 5 hours sleep. When you market you need to know the difference between what people want and what they need. They WANT a nice bikini to wear, but first they NEED to lose weight in order to achieve their goal see?



What are some of your struggles guys? As we go into the future affiliate marketing will get harder and harder!


Thanks for reading!
#affiliates #campaign #sadly #wrong
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    awesome tips, very practical and easy to implement.

    I'd like to add...

    4) SURVEY YOUR SUBS - that's right, you need to be asking them what else they would like. But it's important that you don't ask close ended leading questions..... example: Wouldn't you like to learn how to make money with PPV?

    instead... try to ask open ended questions that lead a little..... example: What paid traffic problems are you dealing with?
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    Check Out My YouTube Channel And Learn How I Crush It Online... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782303].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by aizaku View Post

      awesome tips, very practical and easy to implement.

      I'd like to add...

      4) SURVEY YOUR SUBS - that's right, you need to be asking them what else they would like. But it's important that you don't ask close ended leading questions..... example: Wouldn't you like to learn how to make money with PPV?

      instead... try to ask open ended questions that lead a little..... example: What paid traffic problems are you dealing with?

      Hey yes exactly this is a good one to add thanks
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    hey thanks there


    do you do affiliate marketing?
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782304].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aizaku
      Originally Posted by shaunybb View Post

      hey thanks there


      do you do affiliate marketing?
      i sell my own printable goods and affiliate products
      Signature
      >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
      Check Out My YouTube Channel And Learn How I Crush It Online... ]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787087].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
        Originally Posted by aizaku View Post

        i sell my own printable goods and affiliate products

        Hey that's really great I hope that is going well for you


        I hope your are earning a lot of money as an affiliate!


        Thanks
        Signature
        ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
        You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787090].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author aizaku
          Originally Posted by shaunybb View Post

          Hey that's really great I hope that is going well for you
          I hope your are earning a lot of money as an affiliate!
          Thanks
          I do well for myself but mostly from my prints. Great content here good job.

          Thanks,
          Ike
          Signature
          >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
          Check Out My YouTube Channel And Learn How I Crush It Online... ]
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10794893].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
            Originally Posted by aizaku View Post

            I do well for myself but mostly from my prints. Great content here good job.

            Thanks,
            Ike

            Hey there thanks Ok great well done on your prints keep up the good work!
            Signature
            ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
            You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10794894].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author pawandave
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10801886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author toceng
    a very simple useful tips there bro ..thanks ... do you use solo ads these days ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782349].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MrFume
      Originally Posted by toceng View Post

      a very simple useful tips there bro ..thanks ... do you use solo ads these days ?
      Solo ads are mostly a rip off, the lists are churned and burned, mostly people are hip to the rooky marketer's approach - it has been done a million times over, compile a list of hopeful newbies and exploit the shit out of your list, deception, minimal effort, lazy short cuts, deceiving people.
      Why don't you try something a little different and stop looking for 'sure methods' - actually offer people something of value-Solos are shite, build a real list of interested people.
      Signature

      eWriting, means writing all kinds of content for the web-21st Century SkillsVideo Training

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782427].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
        Originally Posted by MrFume View Post

        Solo ads are mostly a rip off, the lists are churned and burned, mostly people are hip to the rooky marketer's approach - it has been done a million times over, compile a list of hopeful newbies and exploit the shit out of your list, deception, minimal effort, lazy short cuts, deceiving people.
        Why don't you try something a little different and stop looking for 'sure methods' - actually offer people something of value-Solos are shite, build a real list of interested people.
        I completely disagree 1000%. I've been using solo ads as my main source of new subscribers and I've been crushing it since 2009.

        I'm a top 1% elite affiliate on Warrior Plus with a 6 figure yearly income. If you know who to buy solo ads from and how to set up a funnel that allows you to consistently achieve a positive ROI on every solo ad it means you get your leads for free. Then if you know how to give them good quality information and promote products that deliver on their promises your list becomes an absolute goldmine.

        Maybe solo ads don't work for you because you don't know how to do it right. However, I'm living proof they are an absolute killer way to build your list if you are in the "make money online" niche.

        There are also a lot of marketers who think it's a shady niche or it's not a real niche, etc. Personally, I think that thinking is completely ludicrous. It's one of the biggest and most profitable niches in existence and if you are an ethical marketer and know how to pick great products that provide real value for your subscribers you can absolutely CRUSH it.

        Solo ads, funnel swaps, JV giveaways, free WSOs are all awesome ways to build your list if you are in the MMO niche.

        You have to use these methods in this niche because lots of paid services like AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, etc, just bundle the MMO niche into the "get rich quick" niche (which IS a shady niche) and decide to ban people for no reason.

        Honestly, I really can't stand when people get down on the MMO niche, considering it's probably one of the most profitable niches there is and there are SO many big name marketers who are doing it right. It gets a bad rap because there are also a lot of bad marketers in it who ruin it for the honest people.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787825].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
          Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

          I completely disagree 1000%. I've been using solo ads as my main source of new subscribers and I've been crushing it since 2009.

          I'm a top 1% elite affiliate on Warrior Plus with a 6 figure yearly income. If you know who to buy solo ads from and how to set up a funnel that allows you to consistently achieve a positive ROI on every solo ad it means you get your leads for free. Then if you know how to give them good quality information and promote products that deliver on their promises your list becomes an absolute goldmine.

          .

          Hey what a great comment!


          Your exactly right people knock things before they even try them or should I say give it time to work.


          The right solo ad going to the right landing page can see optin rate of 60 or 70%.


          The right leads are highly motivated and will buy the tripwire or low intro offer 99% of the time.


          Then after the first transaction is made, the future sales are EASY!


          Well done on your achievements niche blogger!
          Signature
          ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
          You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10788007].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tyronne78
          I agree with you. From my experience solo ads are the best way to build your list if you want to make money promoting internet marketing/affiliate offers.



          Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

          I completely disagree 1000%. I've been using solo ads as my main source of new subscribers and I've been crushing it since 2009.

          I'm a top 1% elite affiliate on Warrior Plus with a 6 figure yearly income. If you know who to buy solo ads from and how to set up a funnel that allows you to consistently achieve a positive ROI on every solo ad it means you get your leads for free. Then if you know how to give them good quality information and promote products that deliver on their promises your list becomes an absolute goldmine.

          Maybe solo ads don't work for you because you don't know how to do it right. However, I'm living proof they are an absolute killer way to build your list if you are in the "make money online" niche.

          There are also a lot of marketers who think it's a shady niche or it's not a real niche, etc. Personally, I think that thinking is completely ludicrous. It's one of the biggest and most profitable niches in existence and if you are an ethical marketer and know how to pick great products that provide real value for your subscribers you can absolutely CRUSH it.

          Solo ads, funnel swaps, JV giveaways, free WSOs are all awesome ways to build your list if you are in the MMO niche.

          You have to use these methods in this niche because lots of paid services like AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, etc, just bundle the MMO niche into the "get rich quick" niche (which IS a shady niche) and decide to ban people for no reason.

          Honestly, I really can't stand when people get down on the MMO niche, considering it's probably one of the most profitable niches there is and there are SO many big name marketers who are doing it right. It gets a bad rap because there are also a lot of bad marketers in it who ruin it for the honest people.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10790679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by toceng View Post

      a very simple useful tips there bro ..thanks ... do you use solo ads these days ?


      hey there thanks for the input!


      Yes I have been running solo ads for a long time.


      However, there is a lot of shit out there, so I have spent a long time


      researching and testing different vendors!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783333].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Reddevil007
    I have noticed many people go with direct linking first to check whether the offer is converting or not and only then they go around building landing pages....is this a good strategy?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782404].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrFume
    The one big mistake most people make when they discover 'affiliate marketing' & they sign up to Clickbank (or any of the other vendor sites) and they immediately just copy the materials supplied on the site, all of the email sequences and copy. Geeze, you think 10,000 other people aren't doing the exact same thing?
    Then they may get a couple of sales from completely inexperienced people who are always present in markets and buy everything - but this bottoms out.
    What you need to do is develop your UNIQUE personality, and approach, offer your people valuable items upfront, establish a rapport! Stop being a vanilla copycat!
    Signature

    eWriting, means writing all kinds of content for the web-21st Century SkillsVideo Training

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782424].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pick Panda
      Originally Posted by MrFume View Post

      The one big mistake most people make when they discover 'affiliate marketing' & they sign up to Clickbank (or any of the other vendor sites) and they immediately just copy the materials supplied on the site, all of the email sequences and copy. Geeze, you think 10,000 other people aren't doing the exact same thing?
      Then they may get a couple of sales from completely inexperienced people who are always present in markets and buy everything - but this bottoms out.
      What you need to do is develop your UNIQUE personality, and approach, offer your people valuable items upfront, establish a rapport! Stop being a vanilla copycat!
      I understand your point here MrFume and you are right but the point here is what else can be offered. May be I am missing the chain. Could you please have a look into PickPanda and let me know your thoughts and it would be great help if you could tell me what else we can offer.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    Hey Smart Arse ( dont get offended private joke people) Great thread

    though you are breaking a WF rule 2.1 you can use any colour as long as it is black

    Well done grasshopper

    Jason
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782445].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

      Hey Smart Arse ( dont get offended private joke people) Great thread

      though you are breaking a WF rule 2.1 you can use any colour as long as it is black

      Well done grasshopper

      Jason


      Hey smarty pants (inside joke people)


      Thanks mate! Oh dam I forgot about that one or did I just feel like a rebel, who knows haha.


      Thanks for your input keep smart Jason
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Boris Qs
    I guess the core problem of most affiliate marketers is Traffic. I think the different strategies are meant to improve the conversion rate.

    Traffic using ads----Problem Here is fear to spend and not make profits
    Traffic using Free sources----Take too long and hard work

    So breaking the ice on any of these traffic method will place you in a good position to make money online as an affiliate marketer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mytrafficjourney
    2 definitely on the money. As an affiliate you need to learn how to "Pre-Sell" and best way of doing that is to put yourself in the shoes of the buyer. Leave the selling for the sales page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seofreetips
    Whetever is the offer ,whetever is the product ,Noone will success in online marketing unless he don,t have llaser targeted traffic .So in very short make better sales funnel than your comptition and drive laser targetted traffic .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    Direct linking => DEAD
    it's very important you create your list before to send people to CB offers

    otherwise you waste time and money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10782738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ivanadee
    Direct linking is obviously easier to step but I agree with you, it's just a matter of luck. Having a landing page to attract the visitors and collect the info makes it more converting
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783169].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by shaunybb View Post

    Hey warriors


    Yep sadly from what I see online most affiliate marketers do it wrong. They try and copy everyone else and ride the gravy train, so to speak. Let me share with you some stuff I have learned over the years:


    1) DIRECT LINKING:- Yes and no. Some people get lucky and can direct link for example to a CB product and do this all day long and make a lot of money. However, of course this worked many years ago, but today as we know customers are wiser!


    Having a landing page & proven funnel set up is what needed. Yeah I know, most marketers will think this is easy but it's not. They might be happy with their 20% conversion rate, but I get annoyed at 55% conversion rates.


    2) SELLING-DON'T SELL:- Of course to make money you need to sell, but you can't sell when your doing affiliate marketing. This type of make money online income requires you to build relationships.


    The best way I find that I make the most money is simply just recommending something. For example, in my email follow up I have a case study where I take my list through 4 days of a campaign and show them sections and what to do. Then at the end I simply work in that I recommend product X and tell them how it would benefit them! IT WORKS!


    3) DON'T GIVE UP:- Sadly most people make the mistake of giving up and then they get annoyed they have made no money. Just like any business, this will take time and work. It won't happen overnight, but money can and is being made.


    What are some of your struggles guys? As we go into the future affiliate marketing will get harder and harder!


    Thanks for reading!
    Yeah, I think many of us have been guilty of Number 1 at some time or another in our Careers. At first, it just seems so simple and easy to do. And we all know sometimes the shortcuts end up on a deadend road.

    I think for the most part this is true with this. As others have said you need to warm people up and build a rapport with them


    - Robert Andrew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783255].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Yeah, I think many of us have been guilty of Number 1 at some time or another in our Careers. At first, it just seems so simple and easy to do. And we all know sometimes the shortcuts end up on a deadend road.

      I think for the most part this is true with this. As others have said you need to warm people up and build a rapport with them


      - Robert Andrew

      Hey Robert thanks for your input


      As usual you have some solid stuff to say thanks!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    Hey guys,


    Just wanted to shoot over some more tips:


    • A lot of affiliates claim that their traffic sources are no good, but I bet you any money their traffic source is NOT TARGETED. Relevance and matching the message to market is key. This is what the super affiliates do.
    • Guys & gals focus is a big part of success! Pick one niche and then do your best to succeed there first. Then when you have a blueprint you can scale up
    • BE CONSISTENT!!!
    Thanks guys any more tips are appreciated to help everyone
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChetanSingh
    Hey, nice insight. I really like your step#2 where you don't just bombard your subscribers with new launches. By doing that you set yourself away from 97% of the marketers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783564].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by ChetanSingh View Post

      Hey, nice insight. I really like your step#2 where you don't just bombard your subscribers with new launches. By doing that you set yourself away from 97% of the marketers.

      Hey thanks for your input


      Yep your so right if more affiliates can actually sell without selling they will MAKE a lot of money!


      Sadly they don't want to put the effort in or work to get to that level. I like the saying "what you put in you get out".


      For one of my niche sites, I put in 30 hours alone just on writing a quality email follow up series and it pays off!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783569].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ChetanSingh
        Originally Posted by shaunybb View Post

        Hey thanks for your input

        Yep your so right if more affiliates can actually sell without selling they will MAKE a lot of money!

        Sadly they don't want to put the effort in or work to get to that level. I like the saying "what you put in you get out".

        For one of my niche sites, I put in 30 hours alone just on writing a quality email follow up series and it pays off!
        Exactly, you have the right approach which is not a recommendation but a prescription if you are looking to build a million dollar business online or offline.

        Putting your customer's satisfaction first before your profit is the attitude very few people have and the people who have done it have carved their name among millionaires..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10794785].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
          Originally Posted by ChetanSingh View Post

          Exactly, you have the right approach which is not a recommendation but a prescription if you are looking to build a million dollar business online or offline.

          Putting your customer's satisfaction first before your profit is the attitude very few people have and the people who have done it have carved their name among millionaires..

          Yes I have done since day one my job is to help the customer move steps ahead not just take their money!
          Signature
          ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
          You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10794855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Very True.
    I find often too many people just stick to direct linking because it's EASIER.. meanwhile, we all know the people who put in the effort and do what others aren't willing to are the ones who are typically rewarded.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783583].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      Very True.
      I find often too many people just stick to direct linking because it's EASIER.. meanwhile, we all know the people who put in the effort and do what others aren't willing to are the ones who are typically rewarded.

      Hey Chris yes exactly. I would like to add people often overcomplicate things, there funnel is too elaborate or their landing page is stuffed full of 50 elements.


      Keeping it simple will win the race and then a blueprint can be formed!


      Awesome thanks for your input
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Link spamming doesn't work either. Along with chat rooms, and no real intent to treat affiliate marketing as a real-life business.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783723].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      Link spamming doesn't work either. Along with chat rooms, and no real intent to treat affiliate marketing as a real-life business.

      Hey yes your right so many people spam their links because their lazy to do any real work!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    I direct link everything, but I mainly promote PPL offers and all the user has to do is fill out a form...no purchase required. So building a relationship isn't required either. However, I have started running blogs and send a depending on the situation, will send a message that links to an article. But it's really for social proof. I do try and run well known name brand offers, that way I piggyback off the trust the company has built up.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    17+ Years Exp . . . . . .. . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783925].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

      I direct link everything, but I mainly promote PPL offers and all the user has to do is fill out a form...no purchase required. So building a relationship isn't required either. However, I have started running blogs and send a depending on the situation, will send a message that links to an article. But it's really for social proof. I do try and run well known name brand offers, that way I piggyback off the trust the company has built up.


      Hey yeah exactly I should have mentioned PPL etc but you did so thanks
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10783928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author naveenselva
    There are few things more complicated in analytics (all analytics, big data and huge data!) than multi-channel attribution modeling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10784268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barrellofmoney
    At this point I would be happy with 20%. Can't seem to get 3% conversions
    Signature

    Rey Albert
    Check out my blog Marketing With Rey

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10784283].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by Barrellofmoney View Post

      At this point I would be happy with 20%. Can't seem to get 3% conversions


      Hey there don't get discouraged we all have to start somewhere!


      Test different elements of your landing page and you will find success
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10785284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VidasVegas
    Absolutely right. I can advice newbies one thing NEVER promote the same landing page ( if you're promoting a product or service create your own unique landing page ) and NEVER sale product or service directly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10784621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nate92
    This is awesome. I'm excited to see people starting to post things they've learned, and put it into easy context that others can learn from. With that said, I'd like to add the following;

    OFFER VALUE! You can put up new lead pages, try to get better conversions, write awesome "sales content" or "recommendations", but until you offer real, quality value to your subscribers, you won't go far.

    Building a relationship, like OP said, is done through HELPING people.. Not just hooking them up with products that MIGHT help them. You need to really understand who your followers are.

    Also, I'd like to add that uniqueness is huge. Be your own person. Be funny, be enticing, be anything you can be to make yourself stand out in your niche. You don't want to be "just another review site".

    Again, awesome post man. Keep it up!
    Signature
    "I'm not crazy, I'm motivated!"
    I'm giving my SP Affiliate Revolution training course to Warrior Forum members! Enjoy! (Affiliate Marketing Video Course)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10785045].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by Nate92 View Post

      This is awesome. I'm excited to see people starting to post things they've learned, and put it into easy context that others can learn from. With that said, I'd like to add the following;

      OFFER VALUE! You can put up new lead pages, try to get better conversions, write awesome "sales content" or "recommendations", but until you offer real, quality value to your subscribers, you won't go far.

      Building a relationship, like OP said, is done through HELPING people.. Not just hooking them up with products that MIGHT help them. You need to really understand who your followers are.

      Also, I'd like to add that uniqueness is huge. Be your own person. Be funny, be enticing, be anything you can be to make yourself stand out in your niche. You don't want to be "just another review site".

      Again, awesome post man. Keep it up!

      Hey thanks for the kind words


      You reply is great and adds some more value to this thread!


      You have obviously learned a lot and it shows!


      I hope you are successful!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10785286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sunganani
    I do direct linking on Youtube and still make sales here and there.
    Signature

    Focus on giving your clients value and they will give you money.
    It's that easy...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10785700].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by Sunganani View Post

      I do direct linking on Youtube and still make sales here and there.

      hey thanks for the comment


      Yes you can do that but I think most people want consistent sales!


      Plus you have more chance to recommend products over and over with a list!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    Hey thanks


    Yeah each day I wake up I am positive and I will never give up.


    I have goals and I will reach them.


    If one thing doesn't work, ill adapt and find another way that does!


    Thanks have a great day!
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    If I can ad my 2c

    Don't spam the list first off get to know them asked what is that they are interested in and set the sequence to that one offer every 3 weeks

    If you can try and find some freebies or really good article about the niche , that way you have the relationship and they become buyers

    One of the biggest hurdles you need to over come is the Value of the product if you can get that across you will make a fortune , Value is what will sell and it not the price.

    Jason
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787100].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

      If I can ad my 2c

      Don't spam the list first off get to know them asked what is that they are interested in and set the sequence to that one offer every 3 weeks

      If you can try and find some freebies or really good article about the niche , that way you have the relationship and they become buyers

      One of the biggest hurdles you need to over come is the Value of the product if you can get that across you will make a fortune , Value is what will sell and it not the price.

      Jason


      hey Jason thanks for adding some great value here


      Yeah your right value is what makes sales!


      I did this test where I signed up to 10 known marketers lists and a 3rd of them just spam offers every email sad really!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787108].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
        Originally Posted by shaunybb View Post

        hey Jason thanks for adding some great value here


        Yeah your right value is what makes sales!


        I did this test where I signed up to 10 known marketers lists and a 3rd of them just spam offers every email sad really!
        When I email my list a I have a good relationship with them and the last one I did last month was around 440+ took in around 10K but I am not in the MMO niche

        so worked out that 97% purchased one of product I created for them and was available for 48 hours but I have given them the list lots of free goodies so was easy from there just put it up and they buy

        Jason
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787129].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
          Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

          When I email my list a I have a good relationship with them and the last one I did last month was around 440+ took in around 10K but I am not in the MMO niche

          so worked out that 97% purchased one of product I created for them and was available for 48 hours but I have given them the list lots of free goodies so was easy from there just put it up and they buy

          Jason

          Nice Jason! You definitely have built up good will and a very high perceived value with your list then


          Great job!
          Signature
          ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
          You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlineworker11
    Yes great tips, building trust and building a relation with the prospects is very important when it comes to making more sales.
    Signature

    How To Have 100 dollar Days Click this.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787105].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    Thanks onlineworker11 for your comment! Have a great day!
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizmh
    Yes, I got the tips. I think testing and testing is the success funda in affiliate marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Burritt
    Put yourself in your audience's shoes. What solutions are they looking for when they hit your site.

    Solution-based sells. Soft sell by providing value. I find hard sells don't work for me.

    Look at google analytics and see what people are looking at on your site.

    Do some long-tail keyword optimized posts which just provide some free value.

    Have side bar or inpost ads for your newsletter or upsell service. Then direct them to a separate salespage with sells this well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10787911].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by Jeff Burritt View Post

      Put yourself in your audience's shoes. What solutions are they looking for when they hit your site.

      Solution-based sells. Soft sell by providing value. I find hard sells don't work for me.

      Look at google analytics and see what people are looking at on your site.

      Do some long-tail keyword optimized posts which just provide some free value.

      Have side bar or inpost ads for your newsletter or upsell service. Then direct them to a separate salespage with sells this well.

      hey jeff!


      Spot on another great comment!


      Thanks
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10788009].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visimedia
    ya those 3 tips will add up , especially to those who're lacking in actions n keep on learning new stuff here n there, n wasted few months n even yaers because they're afraid of failure.
    Signature

    [needed] worldwide partner before 2018 launching. You lost opportunities before? want automated income, grow ur income like virus ? PM me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10788073].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      hey visimedia,


      Thanks for your input!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10788305].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Hey thank you very much!


      Yeah a lot of people sadly are not consistent, I can be done.


      Sure it will take time but everyone can do it!


      Great answer thanks!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10789839].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      The right solo ads is what can make a hell of an income stream
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10791018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Hey thanks a lot for your input!


      Good comment


      have a nice day
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10797721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10800264].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author aizaku
        Originally Posted by shaunybb View Post

        hey warriors I would like to thank everyone for their input so far
        a lot of great ideas being squeezed out of here..
        Signature
        >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
        Check Out My YouTube Channel And Learn How I Crush It Online... ]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10800272].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
          Originally Posted by aizaku View Post

          a lot of great ideas being squeezed out of here..

          Yes I love it to our success!!
          Signature
          ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
          You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10800273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author angelap999
    Great post.

    #5 really stuck out - that might be the ultimate key (along with getting the actual traffic of course) for consistent success in affiliate marketing in a nutshell. Having a solid sales funnel along with building up subscribers to an email list.
    Signature
    Winning Facebook (Free) Marketing Strategies
    http://goo.gl/VrfO1A
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10789764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tcstix
    I like how you take your list through 4 days of something. Give them value and then pitch. Good plan!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10790218].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by tcstix View Post

      I like how you take your list through 4 days of something. Give them value and then pitch. Good plan!

      hey thanks for your comment


      Yeah building rapport and relationship is key! People buy from people they trust.


      But trust is earned!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10790250].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author apollo rala
    i couldn't agree more ! consistency is the name of the game! it's always the ingredients for someone to be successful! if I may add PATIENCE is one good thing as well! kudos
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10791234].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by apollo rala View Post

      i couldn't agree more ! consistency is the name of the game! it's always the ingredients for someone to be successful! if I may add PATIENCE is one good thing as well! kudos

      Hey there thanks


      Yes very good patience is key it could take months to see any results.
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10791247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Most affiliates who have a "LIST", do things wrong.

    1. They don't realize that NEW SUBSCRIBERS is the KEY to their LONG term success.

    Some people get 10 leads per day until then have about 500 and then think that they will buy over and over from them. New subscribers is the KEY.

    Start with 10 per day but don't ever stop. Some TOP marketers in the home business industry started with 5-10 leads per day and grew to 500-2000 per day.

    I heard one of the best leaders in the home business niche say that if he ever stops generating new leads every day, his income drops a lot.

    2. They sell, sell, and sell all the time. WRONG.

    You have to follow step 1 that I mentioned above and then give your readers value in every email. Yes, you can send them a link in each email but also build relationships through value.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10791382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      Most affiliates who have a "LIST", do things wrong.

      1. They don't realize that NEW SUBSCRIBERS is the KEY to their LONG term success.

      Some people get 10 leads per day until then have about 500 and then think that they will buy over and over from them. New subscribers is the KEY.

      Start with 10 per day but don't ever stop. Some TOP marketers in the home business industry started with 5-10 leads per day and grew to 500-2000 per day.

      I heard one of the best leaders in the home business niche say that if he ever stops generating new leads every day, his income drops a lot.

      2. They sell, sell, and sell all the time. WRONG.

      You have to follow step 1 that I mentioned above and then give your readers value in every email. Yes, you can send them a link in each email but also build relationships through value.


      hey yeah great points thanks for the input!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10792144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeffNormand
    For me it was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I can write it so simply:

    I failed until I looked in the mirror and cut the bullshit I used to fool myself with every day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10792467].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by JeffNormand View Post

      For me it was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I can write it so simply:

      I failed until I looked in the mirror and cut the bullshit I used to fool myself with every day.

      Yep so true there was one point when I failed hard


      I lost one of my biggest income streams and boy did that hurt


      But I saw past it and regrouped then got it back ten times bigger and better!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10792473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reachintan
    That is a wonderful article. Even I believe, you have to provide some value, rather than selling off things. That's what I am doing, and getting slow and steady success.
    Signature

    Chintan Mehta

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10792536].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by reachintan View Post

      That is a wonderful article. Even I believe, you have to provide some value, rather than selling off things. That's what I am doing, and getting slow and steady success.

      Hey there,


      Thanks for your comment and input!


      Value is how you make money online and of course a lot of traffic


      Slow and steady will win the race!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10793527].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jemkrem
    most of them never starts at all

    and barely finish the module they have bought years before
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10792639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sayangkuyip
    solo ads have been around since 10 years back ..maybe the names have changed but the concept still much the same
    Signature
    [FREE] : 100 Solo Ads Clicks For Free...Limited Time Offers .. Click Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10795182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex July
    As for me, the most important tip is this one:
    3) DON'T GIVE UP:- Sadly most people make the mistake of giving up and then they get annoyed they have made no money. Just like any business, this will take time and work. It won't happen overnight, but money can and is being made.
    How difficult it is to stay motivated and inspired when you lose your time and money, and you see no results!
    Only the strongest survive!
    Signature

    Hey, Warriors! Check my latest and greatest blog post:
    Aweber Sucks? Should You Switch from Aweber To ConvertKit?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10796424].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by Alex July View Post

      As for me, the most important tip is this one:

      How difficult it is to stay motivated and inspired when you lose your time and money, and you see no results!
      Only the strongest survive!


      hey there thanks for your input!


      Yes sadly most people give up I heard something interesting the other day from a top affiliate.


      They said most people own a blog and give up after 50 posts. But they said get up to 75 posts then post content everyother day and traffic and sales will come!


      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10797345].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    Banned
    Contact the vendor/AM before you decide to promote anything.

    For me, the #1 reason is to see if and how quickly they respond.

    Beyond that, they are an affiliates best friend.

    Some things I've received from AM's:

    Free access to paid services.

    Demo access to create custom videos.

    Custom banners for my site.

    Custom videos.

    Tips, suggestions, and best practices galore!


    Chris Farrell once sent me a personal video response.

    To Your Success!

    Brent
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10797425].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      Contact the vendor/AM before you decide to promote anything.

      For me, the #1 reason is to see if and how quickly they respond.

      Beyond that, they are an affiliates best friend.

      Some things I've received from AM's:

      Free access to paid services.

      Demo access to create custom videos.

      Custom banners for my site.

      Custom videos.

      Tips, suggestions, and best practices galore!


      Chris Farrell once sent me a personal video response.

      To Your Success!

      Brent


      Brent dude you really know your stuff thanks for the excellent comment here!


      Have a great day
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10797427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EPoltrack77
    I think the title should be instead of what is wrong rather focus on what is working because 9 out of 10 times its a minor adjustment. I believe it all starts with mindset though. After all 80 percent of what happens to you is in the mind and only 20 percent mechanics.
    Signature
    Discover How To Create Your Own Online Business In 2018!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10797432].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by EPoltrack77 View Post

      I think the title should be instead of what is wrong rather focus on what is working because 9 out of 10 times its a minor adjustment. I believe it all starts with mindset though. After all 80 percent of what happens to you is in the mind and only 20 percent mechanics.


      Hey there


      thanks for your input!


      Your right yes success is largely mindset
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10797445].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aizaku
      Originally Posted by EPoltrack77 View Post

      I think the title should be instead of what is wrong rather focus on what is working because 9 out of 10 times its a minor adjustment. I believe it all starts with mindset though. After all 80 percent of what happens to you is in the mind and only 20 percent mechanics.
      Fair enough.... but it makes for NOT-AS-GOOD marketing...

      In most niches.. you'll always get more clicks and traffic when you appeal to your audiences fears and problems
      Signature
      >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
      Check Out My YouTube Channel And Learn How I Crush It Online... ]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10797481].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ddev
    Imho, direct linking is fine (and works very well), when....

    A) You have a list.
    B) You list knows you.
    Signature
    [2016] WordPress Plugins With PLR
    The Secret Site Used By TOP Marketers!


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10797477].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by ddev View Post

      Imho, direct linking is fine (and works very well), when....

      A) You have a list.
      B) You list knows you.


      hey thanks great comment


      Yes your right this is when it works well.


      However, when marketers direct link from bing ads to the same generic landing page and just change a few words and order a domain name this is when they see poor conversions


      thanks
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10797485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnathan410
    Great tips, thanks a lot
    "Of course to make money you need to sell, but you can't sell when your doing affiliate marketing. This type of make money online income requires you to build relationships."- the best part.
    Signature

    40 Great Lessons For Success: E-Commerce Firesale Review
    Affiliate Marketers’ Ultimate Course: IM Affiliate Funnel 2 Review

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10797719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author melisakokcap
    the money is in the value given in relationship with your list right ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10800289].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by melisakokcap View Post

      the money is in the value given in relationship with your list right ?


      Hey there


      yes you need to:


      • look after your list on a personal level
      • show them the HOW not just the why
      • and build good rapport
      Thanks!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10801344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pisangkicap
    a good sales funnels will do the trick also
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10801525].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by pisangkicap View Post

      a good sales funnels will do the trick also

      Hey there


      Yeah a VALUE funnel is what I call it needs to be in place to help your customers out


      Thanks
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10802167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author angelap999
    I think that the impression (or at least I used to think this) of affiliate marketing is that it's going to be very simple and you won't have to do much.

    I think just going in with the mentality that it's going to be probably nearly just as much work and testing as having your own product will set you in the right frame of mind to take the adequate steps, or get access to information that can help to assist.
    Signature
    Winning Facebook (Free) Marketing Strategies
    http://goo.gl/VrfO1A
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10802440].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by angelap999 View Post

      I think that the impression (or at least I used to think this) of affiliate marketing is that it's going to be very simple and you won't have to do much.

      I think just going in with the mentality that it's going to be probably nearly just as much work and testing as having your own product will set you in the right frame of mind to take the adequate steps, or get access to information that can help to assist.

      Hey there thanks so much for the great comment!


      Yes affiliate marketing is not as easy as people think!


      But it can be easy when you have figured out a blueprint and a way to scale!


      I share some more tips on this soon....
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10802450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BacklinkzTopper
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10802539].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
      Originally Posted by BacklinkzTopper View Post

      Great post.
      Honestly I believe no 2 and 6 were the most amazing ones.
      Thanks!!

      Hey there awesome thanks


      I am all about giving!!
      Signature
      ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
      You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10802625].message }}

Trending Topics