CNBC Commentator on Multi Level Marketing

14 replies
Interesting conversation going on about a film "Betting on Zero" that calls all network marketing an illegal pyramid scheme. This guy, John Fighthorn was after Mannatech at one time. He says MLM all about getting new members and not about products. His focus is on exposing Herbalife but he also comments negatively about Primerica. He also says and names other companies like Usana, Nuskin and a few others. This is a stock show, but his comments are that regulators and the FTC will be coming down on the MLM industry from here on out.
#cnbc #commentator #level #marketing #multi
  • Profile picture of the author DRP
    Awesome! The allegations are definitely true and it's nice to see this getting mainstream attention. If you look at MLM/NM objectively, and you're somewhat intelligent, then the conclusion you'll draw is that it is all BS. Anyone that says otherwise is either stupid, a shill, or a convert looking to recruit for their downline.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10803772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chemtechguru
    Since it's on CNBC I wouldn't take that program too seriously.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10804096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by chemtechguru View Post

      Since it's on CNBC I wouldn't take that program too seriously.
      And you are basing this ridiculous assertion on what, please?

      Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10808559].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BradVert2013
      Originally Posted by chemtechguru View Post

      Since it's on CNBC I wouldn't take that program too seriously.
      Why? What are they saying that you disagree with?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10814884].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JasmineIPassmore
      Originally Posted by chemtechguru View Post

      Since it's on CNBC I wouldn't take that program too seriously.
      Let me guess, you watch Fox News lol.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10815042].message }}
  • Every time I see a pitch for an MLM type program it always seems either too good to be true or a scam.
    Signature
    ♦ HighPayingPrograms.com - Highest paying affiliate programs that are always 100% free for you. Earn up to $10,000 and more per deal with lifetime commissions
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10805074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author conradomahy524
    I remember going to a Primerica meeting about 10 years ago and the video they played for us was laughable to say the least. It was pretty much a video straight out of the 1980's with an extremely STRONG emphasis on the Primerica "lifestyle", chalk full of old school ferraris and stuff like that. The whole thing screamed not legit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10807430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    Again with this MLM.....

    you know there are ethical ways of making money online without dragging your brother, girlfriend and childhood friend into your 'downline' and having them sell aloe vera soap to their loved ones....
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10807487].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by cjshu99 View Post

    Interesting conversation going on about a film "Betting on Zero" that calls all network marketing an illegal pyramid scheme. This guy, John Fighthorn was after Mannatech at one time. He says MLM all about getting new members and not about products. His focus is on exposing Herbalife but he also comments negatively about Primerica. He also says and names other companies like Usana, Nuskin and a few others. This is a stock show, but his comments are that regulators and the FTC will be coming down on the MLM industry from here on out.


    What you're missing is these types of guys like Bill Ackman are low life trying to train wreck any business they can with the FTC so they can personally profit millions ($$) shorting their stocks. If the stock fails Ackman profits BIG time.

    These type of people are bottom of the barrel scammers dressed in suits so they're no better than any MLM. Matter of fact they're hypocrites.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10807525].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StavrosSc
    I got my first taste of MLM about 20 years ago, at an Amway church service believe it or not. Looking back now it was absolutely crazy. A sermon preaching about God and business all wrapped into one nice recruiting package.

    Even now I wonder if the speaker was more concerned about my spiritual well being or just making a buck off of me. My first taste of MLM was definitely not positive, but thankfully years later I realised that like everything in life, there is the good and the bad.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10808317].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marc Lawrence
      Originally Posted by StavrosSc View Post

      I got my first taste of MLM about 20 years ago, at an Amway church service believe it or not. Looking back now it was absolutely crazy. A sermon preaching about God and business all wrapped into one nice recruiting package.

      Even now I wonder if the speaker was more concerned about my spiritual well being or just making a buck off of me. My first taste of MLM was definitely not positive, but thankfully years later I realised that like everything in life, there is the good and the bad.
      I remember Amway getting into quite a bit of trouble when they were exposed for making the bulk of their profits selling all the recruiting tools and not the products themselves (promo videos, pamphlets, and things like that)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10814550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    I'm personally not an MLM fan at all.. so for me - good
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10808586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 3wCorner
    The one at the top of pyramid who has a lot of downstreams get more money while the one at bottom do the job like selling stuffs to their friends and families and inviting them to join also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10808630].message }}

Trending Topics