Local Consultant Services and how much to charge

4 replies
Just wondering if anyone has a list of services they offer in addition to website design/setup and fee schedule. The list of options seems to be endless and I really want to put a limit and set amount on the services I offer. Many thanks for any input you can provide.
Anna
#charge #consultant #local #services
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Burritt
    Banned
    I have my own freelance web design and digital marketing biz. I have tried out all sorts of pricing and options, and I really don't have a good answer. So now I just say most projects are in the range of 1k to 5k and invite them to call or email me for a free consultation. Then I promote myself in facebook. People usually message me or contact me through my site. Seems to work ok for now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10805813].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrdeflation
      Originally Posted by Jeff Burritt View Post

      I have my own freelance web design and digital marketing biz. I have tried out all sorts of pricing and options, and I really don't have a good answer. So now I just say most projects are in the range of 1k to 5k and invite them to call or email me for a free consultation. Then I promote myself in facebook. People usually message me or contact me through my site. Seems to work ok for now.

      How do you weed out all the freebie seekers, moochers and tire kickers?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10805858].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeff Burritt
        Banned
        Yeah, I get inquiries from people who aren't serious, or are just too cheap. But it's not a ton of calls, so I figure it's goodwill. Maybe they'll refer someone else because I was nice, but just a bit too expensive for their taste

        Plus, by talking to people, I can get a sense of whether I'm likely to enjoy working for them. I've learned that some clients are not worth the hassle, so I try to listen for any cues regarding this from that very first phone call. If I'm slightly suspicious they may be a hassle, then I quote a much higher range.

        Originally Posted by mrdeflation View Post

        How do you weed out all the freebie seekers, moochers and tire kickers?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10805864].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by nnyorker View Post

    Just wondering if anyone has a list of services they offer in addition to website design/setup and fee schedule. The list of options seems to be endless and I really want to put a limit and set amount on the services I offer. Many thanks for any input you can provide.
    Anna
    You consult on website design, setup and you want or don't want to add services, is this correct?

    What is your competition doing? What extras are they offering and at what price?

    This seems best answered by YOUR local marketplace.

    So, it really doesn't matter what someone in San Diego or New York charge, if I'm dealing with customers in Northeast OH, I need to be competitive with them and offer superior customer experience, and charge accordingly.

    Can you give us any example of what these ala cart services might be?

    Simply spell out exactly what you offer in a basic deal, then ask them to inquire about other options and custom tailor to their needs.

    GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10805873].message }}

Trending Topics