I have got a targeted audience of around 350,000 monthly users for one of my websites. I am creating a directory website in a sub-niche, thus I will be re-directing users there and it will be a bomb for sure.
Now, I don't want to rush launching it until I got monetisation plan sorted out.
Currently my directory has +250 listings added as a filler and that's enough for the start.
Here's my thoughts:
- Claim your listing feature for currently added listings (kind of obvious..)
- Three packages (bronze, silver, gold - charged monthly, quarterly, yearly? Not sure on this one!)
1) Bronze - FREE, plain listing - very ugly - just address, website and email.
2) Silver - PAID, logo, description, opening hours, etc.
3) Gold - PAID, silver features + featured listings on the main page, social media advertising, articles written on their products/works, etc.
Not sure what would be the best way to charge though.
1) Shall I keep Bronze package all-time free and then try to upsell for other packages?
2) Or should I increase the features on Bronze package and give One-Month Free, however charge in advanced for three months (3 + 1)?
This directory will have an informational side like articles, etc. Thus a lot of monetisation is going to happen through Adsense too.
Anyway, I will appreciate your input and help to get me in the gear!!!