*Newbie Friendly* Simple Blog Post Blueprint

6 replies
Here is a very simple blog post blueprint for those who struggle with comparison posts and neutrality. It can be used for practice purposes or the real deal.

With blog posts that involve 2 opinions on a topic of interest, you can:
  • Establish expertise over time (with posts such as this) without impacting other influencers in your niche
  • Create a blog post that encourages comments and shares. Blog posts centered around opinion or 'reviews' encourage engagement

Step 1: Identify a topic of interest to the market/niche

What is important? What is being talked about? Recent news and updates is usually a good focus. For example, if my niche was social media marketing, I would look for recent news of updates to social platforms and look for 'influencer' opinions on this.

Create a 2 sentence intro to establish the topic of the post

Step 2: Identify 2 articles/blog posts from community experts.
These are considered influencers
Preferably they will show different aspects or parallel opinions on the same topic.

Insert paragraphs stating their opinions with links to the homepage of their website or social sites such as Twitter accounts.

Example:

"I think blah blah blah" - Mr.BlahMan, @Blahblah-Linked


Step 3:
Step 3 is a good opportunity to outline 3 key points that your blog post is covering - people love simple! People love bullet points!

OR

Give 3 actionable items to your reader

The shorter the better.

Step 4: Provide links to 2 articles and a short neutral synopsis of each one.

Step 5: Add a final neutral closing paragraph and social sharing options at the end.

For any media such as audio, images and video please give clear credit to the original owner in your post.

Resources
Royalty free images: https://pixabay.com/
Blog post title generators: Blog Post Title Idea Generator
HubSpot's Blog Topic Generator
Thesaurus: https://www.powerthesaurus.org/
Grammarly: https://www.grammarly.com/
Meta length checker: Meta Length Tool

Questions?
Feel free to ask me any questions, I will reply to you on this thread.

If you found this post helpful, please give me a thanks!
#blog #blueprint #friendly #newbie #post #simple
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi PT,

    Nice job

    Finding the topic of interest makes things go.

    I review reader pain points before writing any post. Gotta go with the pain points because folks specifically want these solutions to their most pressing problems.

    I ask my readers what they need with, blogging-wise, and they bring the topics to me.

    Then I research the topic inside-out and toss in my knowledge and experiences to tailor the post for my audience.

    Simple, powerful, it just works so darn well to stick to this basic formula.

    Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my course here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10833883].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author princetotem
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      Hi PT,

      Nice job

      Finding the topic of interest makes things go.

      I review reader pain points before writing any post. Gotta go with the pain points because folks specifically want these solutions to their most pressing problems.

      I ask my readers what they need with, blogging-wise, and they bring the topics to me.

      Then I research the topic inside-out and toss in my knowledge and experiences to tailor the post for my audience.

      Simple, powerful, it just works so darn well to stick to this basic formula.

      Ryan
      Hello Ryan, thanks for your input. Sticking to the pain points of an audience can be very effective! Thank you for posting this, it is good information for people who are new to blogging to hear.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10834615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    Originally Posted by princetotem View Post

    Step 1: Identify a topic of interest to the market/niche

    What is important? What is being talked about? Recent news and updates is usually a good focus. For example, if my niche was social media marketing, I would look for recent news of updates to social platforms and look for 'influencer' opinions on this.

    you need to spend more time with step 1


    you gotta be sure that it's a profitable market before you build out a blog or anything.

    here is a great guide for that:
    Chapter 5: How To Find A Niche Market - NicheHacks

    best of luck,
    Ike Paz
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10834313].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author j2thep
      Originally Posted by aizaku View Post

      you need to spend more time with step 1


      you gotta be sure that it's a profitable market before you build out a blog or anything.

      here is a great guide for that:
      Chapter 5: How To Find A Niche Market - NicheHacks

      best of luck,
      Ike Paz

      This is often my downfall with the online stuff. Identifying these areas successfully so not as to waste time with the later work has been critical.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10834351].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author aizaku
        Originally Posted by j2thep View Post

        This is often my downfall with the online stuff. Identifying these areas successfully so not as to waste time with the later work has been critical.
        That's right! its not a STEP....

        ....its a time consuming process that you can't afford to mess up...



        -Ike Paz
        Signature
        >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
        80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10834365].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author princetotem
      Originally Posted by aizaku View Post

      you need to spend more time with step 1


      you gotta be sure that it's a profitable market before you build out a blog or anything.

      here is a great guide for that:
      Chapter 5: How To Find A Niche Market - NicheHacks

      best of luck,
      Ike Paz
      Hey Paz, thanks for the input - I should've stated that this is for people just starting up the blog on their website, which would already have their niche/market chosen. I appreciate your input for others on here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10834614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arushithakur
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10834523].message }}

Trending Topics