Remarketing - what sort of results are you getting?

10 replies
I have been getting a few requests to set up re-marketing campaigns for some of my clients.

Firstly, I haven't one this before and secondly I am not really up to speed with how effective this is.

Anyone out there want to give me a brief run down of your experiences and also ay recommendations for some good remarketing companies contacts - preferrably in Australia if possible.

I'm keen to find out more, however I'd love an honest take on it all.

Thanks
Corine
#remarketing #results #sort
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    I'm assuming you mean re-targeting, when a prospect leaves the sales page and is propositioned again in the form of banners and ads on other sites.

    if yes, then here is a guide that I think you'll find very useful:

    How to Spend Your First $100 on Retargeting Ads | OkDork.com

    best of luck,
    Ike Paz
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10880616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jinmin
    You may have a look at these re-marketing platforms which are quite established. They can help you to hit your ROI target.

    https://retargeter.com/
    Mobile, Web & Facebook Retargeting Made Simple | Perfect Audience
    https://www.adroll.com
    Signature
    First-come-first-serve - Sign up as early bird now to grab a FREE copy of "Residual Cash Profits" worth $27! Get it Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10880632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    Originally Posted by gingerninjas View Post

    I have been getting a few requests to set up re-marketing campaigns for some of my clients.

    Firstly, I haven't one this before and secondly I am not really up to speed with how effective this is.

    Anyone out there want to give me a brief run down of your experiences and also ay recommendations for some good remarketing companies contacts - preferrably in Australia if possible.

    I'm keen to find out more, however I'd love an honest take on it all.

    Thanks
    Corine
    Hi Corine,

    I'd suggest you subscribe to PPC Savvy with Mike Rhodes. Mike runs Websavvy here in Oz and was one of the first Google Premier partners. He Co wrote The Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords with Perry Marshall.

    There is a ton of very relevant training and plenty of support inside his paid forum.

    He doesn't just cover Google but other retargeting platforms and he explains the strategies well.

    The real key is not like most people might think which is just dropping a pixel on a visitor and then showing them ads.

    It is more about putting the prospect on a targeted list based on their interaction on the site.

    For example we have lists set up for a multitude of different timeframes and events or actions taken by the visitor. IE: One list is for people who spent between 2 to 6 minutes on a specific page. That way you are not spending money on showing ads to people who just landed on the page and bounced off. . . things like that.

    I don't think you can get a good grasp of the real application and power of retargeting unless you get access to some of the stuff that agencies are doing and Mike's agency is one of the best.

    You can find out more about it here https://www.websavvy.com.au/adwords-training

    Retargeting is not generally something that will bring immediate results as it takes time to build the lists and then time to build the impressions to this lists. It is worth the effort however and should be part of the whole marketing strategy for business.

    Best regards,

    Ozi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10880650].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kurt
      Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

      Hi Corine,

      I'd suggest you subscribe to PPC Savvy with Mike Rhodes. Mike runs Websavvy here in Oz and was one of the first Google Premier partners. He Co wrote The Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords with Perry Marshall.

      There is a ton of very relevant training and plenty of support inside his paid forum.

      He doesn't just cover Google but other retargeting platforms and he explains the strategies well.

      The real key is not like most people might think which is just dropping a pixel on a visitor and then showing them ads.

      It is more about putting the prospect on a targeted list based on their interaction on the site.

      For example we have lists set up for a multitude of different timeframes and events or actions taken by the visitor. IE: One list is for people who spent between 2 to 6 minutes on a specific page. That way you are not spending money on showing ads to people who just landed on the page and bounced off. . . things like that.

      I don't think you can get a good grasp of the real application and power of retargeting unless you get access to some of the stuff that agencies are doing and Mike's agency is one of the best.

      You can find out more about it here https://www.websavvy.com.au/adwords-training

      Retargeting is not generally something that will bring immediate results as it takes time to build the lists and then time to build the impressions to this lists. It is worth the effort however and should be part of the whole marketing strategy for business.

      Best regards,

      Ozi
      Another example use is to have tracking pixels on your sales pages and download pages, then in a particular campaign you can target people that visited your sales page while removing people that visited your download page (buyers) from your "targets" so you don't waste money on people that have already purchased your product.

      It's free to build the lists and unlike email, people don't have to optin to get on your retargeting lists. It only costs money when you decide to advertise to these people. The drawback is if they clear their cookies they are removed from your lists.

      Another strategy is to use retargeting for communities that hate marketing like Reddit. Send people from Reddit to a high quality content page without blatant advertising and on that page fire some retargeting pixels so you can advertise to them later with ads related to the page they visited.

      Just about every major PPC platform now has options for retargeting...Google, Bing, FB, Twitter and even Pinterest adding retargeting recently.
      Signature
      Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
      Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10881258].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gingerninjas
      Thanks for your reply - I will definitely check out Mike and Websavvy - do you think this would get similar results to SEO - or is that another can of worms all together?

      I'll admit I have discounted remarketing up to now, however think I need to open my eyes a little.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10882758].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
        Originally Posted by gingerninjas View Post

        Thanks for your reply - I will definitely check out Mike and Websavvy - do you think this would get similar results to SEO - or is that another can of worms all together?

        I'll admit I have discounted remarketing up to now, however think I need to open my eyes a little.
        They are different animals but cross breeding is OK.

        If you use retargeting or any PPC well you are not only working on the traffic source but also on the content and destination so SEO is a bit of a natural side effect of building out solid campaigns if you are paying attention to user experience and creating valued landing resources.

        Best regards,

        Ozi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Retargeting (remarketing) boosts conversions by 400% according to studies

    It works but you need the right content

    Also, you need to dump people to the right pages instead of just 'reminding' them to go to a site's homepage

    I've written several articles on this topic and it's ONE OF THE CHEAPEST ways to drive traffic

    I'm shocked as to how many people are sleeping on this traffic source
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10881007].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kurt
      Originally Posted by writeaway View Post

      Retargeting (remarketing) boosts conversions by 400% according to studies

      It works but you need the right content

      Also, you need to dump people to the right pages instead of just 'reminding' them to go to a site's homepage

      I've written several articles on this topic and it's ONE OF THE CHEAPEST ways to drive traffic

      I'm shocked as to how many people are sleeping on this traffic source
      I think part of the issue is the tech part of setting things up. I'm fairly good at the tech stuff and it took me all day to figure out how to use Google Tag Manager with retargeting pixels from multiple sources. I even posted here in the WF asking for help and got zero responses.


      Just a note...Google Tag Manager lets you add the code to your pages and then if you want to modify, add or remove targeting pixels you can do it in the Google Tag Manager admin instead of having to modify and update every one of your pages. It also helps your pages load a lot faster if you have a number of tracking pixels firing on your pages.


      The one thing I don't like about GTM is that it gives Google access to your data.
      Signature
      Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
      Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10881246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    Here's a question for you retargeting experts...can I add a retargeting pixel to a redirect page?

    For example, let's say I have a page on my site and it links to an affiliate program. Instead of sending people directly to the affiliate page, I send them to a page with a tracking pixel on it and this page then automatically redirects to the affiliate page.

    This would allow us to build a custom audience of people that clicked the affiliate link.

    If this can be done can it be done with the redirect set to 0 seconds or is there a minimum delay needed in order for the cookie to be set?
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    When did this become a thing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883603].message }}

Trending Topics