Can I Be Held By WSO Terms AFTER Purchase?

13 replies
Heres a legal doozie for you all.

Almost every WSO released has, in its first few PDF pages, a disclaimer about you cant do this, you cant do that.

Now, if this wording isn't included in the sales thread, ie you don't know what youre getting into BEFORE you purchase, can you actually be held by its terms AFTER you purchase?

Interested to get some thoughts on this
#held #purchase #terms #wso
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    you bring up an interesting point.

    if you're NOT held liable after purchase because of this loophole, what do u plan to do?

    -Ike Paz
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10882880].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TonyMontana1
      Originally Posted by aizaku View Post

      you bring up an interesting point.

      if you're NOT held liable after purchase because of this loophole, what do u plan to do?

      -Ike Paz
      TBH its not about doing anything really, its about people taking the correct action to protect their product.

      I see some, not many, WSO's that have the no resell rights, no copying, no giving away etc on the sales page, however most of them don't. So after I purchase, can I do with it what I want?

      Then I read that I cant do a multitude of things with it, however given that that information wasn't available to me prior to purchase, can I then, say, request a refund because I cant give it away? Or use it on my blog? Or sell it under my own name?

      Its a bit tricky tbh, especially if its a pricey WSO, whats to stop someone from requesting a refund, OP says no, buyer then goes to PP to request refund and OP hasn't got a leg to stand on because his terms are only available AFTER purchase.

      Something for OP's and WSO sellers to be aware of. The WF mod's only provide a selling platform, WarriorPlus, they do not take care of refunds. So the only protection WSO sellers have is their own wording on the sales thread.

      Thoughts?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10882892].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by TonyMontana1 View Post


        I see some, not many, WSO's that have the no resell rights, no copying, no giving away etc on the sales page, however most of them don't. So after I purchase, can I do with it what I want?
        Nope. Copyright has nothing to do with being notified before purchase. What you read in the PDf after you bought it is a reminder of law not what makes the law valid.

        Its a bit tricky tbh,
        Nope not tricky at all, You are mistaken on the nature of copyright law, Again it has NOTHING , NADA to do with being notified before purchase. In countries where there are copyright laws intellectual works that you create and can prove you created are covered regardless of notification. When last did you watch a movie that notified you before hand? Can you now do what you want with Star Wars because they didn't flash you a set of things you cannot do?? nope.

        Do a lot of people ignore the law online with WSOs etc? yes but it makes no difference whatsoever to the law, You do NOT need to be notified that you cannot steal and use peopls property the way you want.

        Ignorance (or drop down stupidity) is no excuse under the law

        You can't kill someone, steal , rape or commit fraud and say - I was not notified I couldn't so I can do what I want

        Still its a very good practice to list what you will allow and not allow.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10882984].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TonyMontana1
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Nope. Copyright has nothing to do with being notified before purchase. What you read in the PDf after you bought it is a reminder of law not what makes the law valid.



          Nope not tricky at all, You are mistaken on the nature of copyright law, Again it has NOTHING , NADA to do with being notified before purchase. In countries where there are copyright laws intellectual works that you create and can prove you created are covered regardless of notification. When last did you watch a movie that notified you before hand? Can you now do what you want with Star Wars because they didn't flash you a set of things you cannot do?? nope.

          Do a lot of people ignore the law online with WSOs etc? yes but it makes no difference whatsoever to the law, You do NOT need to be notified that you cannot steal and use peopls property the way you want.

          Ignorance (or drop down stupidity) is no excuse under the law

          You can't kill someone, steal , rape or commit fraud and say - I was not notified I couldn't so I can do what I want

          Still its a very good practice to list what you will allow and not allow.
          Thanks for the clarification. Taking it a bit far with the examples at the end but I get your point. I suppose this is when "rehashed" comes into the equation.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883130].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author aizaku
        I see

        you do bring up so genuine concerns

        -Ike Paz

        Originally Posted by TonyMontana1 View Post

        TBH its not about doing anything really, its about people taking the correct action to protect their product.

        I see some, not many, WSO's that have the no resell rights, no copying, no giving away etc on the sales page, however most of them don't. So after I purchase, can I do with it what I want?

        Then I read that I cant do a multitude of things with it, however given that that information wasn't available to me prior to purchase, can I then, say, request a refund because I cant give it away? Or use it on my blog? Or sell it under my own name?

        Its a bit tricky tbh, especially if its a pricey WSO, whats to stop someone from requesting a refund, OP says no, buyer then goes to PP to request refund and OP hasn't got a leg to stand on because his terms are only available AFTER purchase.

        Something for OP's and WSO sellers to be aware of. The WF mod's only provide a selling platform, WarriorPlus, they do not take care of refunds. So the only protection WSO sellers have is their own wording on the sales thread.

        Thoughts?
        Signature
        >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
        80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883017].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BradVert2013
        Originally Posted by TonyMontana1 View Post


        I see some, not many, WSO's that have the no resell rights, no copying, no giving away etc on the sales page, however most of them don't. So after I purchase, can I do with it what I want?
        No. Copyright protection is automatic. Disclaimers are not a requirement for copyright protection.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    A safe attitude from a consumer standpoint is to:

    1. Not assume anything that isn't explicitly stated in the sales letter and/or FAQ.

    So, if no rights are listed, I would take that to mean that I can download it and use it on my personal computer, cannot sell it, cannot share it, cannot let someone borrow it, cannot let someone look at it, etc.

    Since it's copyrighted I know I can't copy and paste or do anything over and above "fair use" (which is normally very limited for anything having to do with business or money). For example, a review that gave away the 3 step formula may get you in trouble.

    2. Have healthy skepticism about any product that offers rights to sell, share, PLR, etc.. Does the seller have the right to give you rights or did he get it from a guy who got it from a girl who knew someone that hooked her up with somebody that thought he should share it since it's on the Internet?

    For example, there have been cases of royalty free clip art but the problem was it was stolen. Just because you buy something from a thief doesn't mean you have the right to do anything with it and may have to delete it under threat of penalty by the real owner with no refund offered.

    Mark

    PS Read Mike's post above. It's spot on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10882993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superowid
    All WSO products have no standard in licensing. Not like the music industry or movie. WSO only happens in this forum, and really no standard for what WSO should be in almost any perspective such as quality, price, format, delivery, guarantee (success guarantee, refund, etc), proof, and much more. And too many buyers just think that they can get everything for a dime. Oh world!
    Signature

    I'm learning to draw again ...
    I want to sell my drawing later on!
    Wish me luck, okay?!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    You're the first person to ever care about fine print.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883131].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TonyMontana1
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      You're the first person to ever care about fine print.
      Must be special
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    when I see questions like this I have to ask. "Why do you ask, what are you planning?"

    al
    Signature

    "The problem with the rat race is that even if you win you're still a rat." ~Lilly Tomlin~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883550].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ames
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      when I see questions like this I have to ask. "Why do you ask, what are you planning?"

      al
      It's not the folks that ask that you need to wonder about.
      Signature

      If it's too good to be true...
      Fraud - An Inside Look

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nick Evans
    If you're referring to copyright protection, then obviously you do not have the right to republish and sell the ebook just because the seller didn't mention that it was illegal to do so in his or her sales pitch. Similarly, you can't go on Amazon, buy the latest bestseller on Kindle and then resell it on your own blog... I mean, that's just common sense.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10883768].message }}

Trending Topics