True or false, you need to believe in the product or service youre selling otherwise it wont be a

26 replies
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at a few options for IM products to put on my website.

I know you need to choose a niche you're passionate about however has anyone chosen a product purely on the potential rather than you actually being passionate about the service/product.

It makes sense I should be working with things I know heaps about however at the same time I wonder if choosing products that I actually think will bring in more money is a tempting idea.

I know I could test this out however I am curious if you believe in every product you have marketed or if it is a little combo of both knowing that it could be the most profitable and also having a little knowledge about it.

I look forward to hearing how you made your decision about which products you marketed online.
#false #product #selling #service #true
  • Profile picture of the author VidasVegas
    Absolutely - if you're not resonate and do not believe in product you going to sale it is possible that you not going to make any money. Ask yourself before you going to promote a product would you sale this product to your mother ??? Is it really good and you believe in this product? Remember one golden rule "Sale is a transfer of feelings"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10906736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sober
    Yes, you should and that will help you sleep peacefully at night and not thinking about the refund rates of crappy products. Read Zig Ziglar's closing the sale and you will be a lot better than the competition.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10906815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RefuseToLose
    Good recommendation with Zig Ziglar, his stuff is great.

    Yes you should believe in the product you are selling, but its not impossible to sell something you don't have a lot of experience with. I've made a lot of money selling Anti-Wrinkle creams. I'm not passionate or a user of Anti-Wrinkle creams but I know who is and understand the reasons why my customer would.

    So you don't have to pick a product you are passionate about, but you should be passionate about understanding why and how your product helps someone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10906830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dana67
    I think it's very important to believe in what you are marketing. Liking and believing in what you do also helps keep you motivated for the long run.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10906884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tony Laroche
    Marketing success is not about selling something; it is about promoting an idea you believed in. This makes marketing a lot easier and you "market" without making an effort to "sell."

    Initially, I marketed a lot of products just with the goal of making money, but nothing worked like the dating niche for me, as I strongly believed the advice helped men gain confidence, leaving all insecurities behind, and live life to the fullest.

    We all have a variety of interests and things we know actually work. Go with that feeling. Your prospective customers will actually sense that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10907010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
    To be a little more specific you have to believe that the product
    will produce the result or solve the problem that you're promoting
    to the end user.

    You don't have to care at all about it for yourself. I know a whole
    bunch of skinny people who have never dieted in their lives who earn
    a nice living selling diet products. They aren't passionate about the
    products for themselves. They know the products will produce the
    result the target market is looking for.

    They're passionate about providing solutions to other people's problems.
    Signature
    If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10907015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Junaid khawaja
    Hi,
    I agree passion comes first.
    But the other most important thing is understanding your market. If you get that right, even if you are not passionate about the product, it will sell anyway.

    The bottom line is : A marketer's job is to sell. Well, he can sell more if he is passionate about the product..but that doesn't mean he can't sell anything other than that.

    If you know whom you are selling to and you know the nitty gritty of your product, bingo!

    However, ask this one question before marketing any product:
    "Would you buy the same product if you were in your prospect shoes?"


    Answering this question will give you unbelievable confidence in your product.

    Thanks
    -J
    Signature

    I am conducting 5 FREE copy consultations till New Year...Jump onto my bandwagon while you still can..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10907040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sirtiman
    My real case is not just promote a product, but must dig into it. Find out the real users that use the products and their feedback, not just some testimonials on the sales letter or blog reviews on the search engines. Check also other tools or services to make the product give more best results. If the research is done, this should be one killer funnels ready to promote with setting up the report, squeeze page etc. If the visitors subscribe to get the killer information, the sales is coming better and faster than just standard promote affiliate product.If your friend is thirsty and want some water, just give the water with cold ice, some good design glass and smile from your face that will be more thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10907042].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    i think that s bullshit. do not fall inlove with any product. go after niches that will make you money. passionate does nto pay the bills. enjoying what you do not pay the bills. work is work and fun is fun
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10908139].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    For me personally (and in my niche), I have to believe in what it is that I am selling to others. Some folks are sociopaths and don't care what they sell just as long as there's money in it for them.

    So it all comes down to your personality type.

    How you feel about what you are doing can make a big difference in your results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10908172].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CabaMate
      Originally Posted by Rory Singh View Post


      How you feel about what you are doing can make a big difference in your results.
      Yes, that is the truth.

      I think I will only market products I believe in, like anything i have ever done if I actually would use it or believe in it, I think it is a easier sell.

      I'm a fairly down the line sort of person, so I think it's best if I stick to things I have knowledge in rather than branching out to some of the products out there which are out of my area of expertise.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10911300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randy McLean
    I've marketed both - products I am passionate about and products I knew could make money but I wasn't particularly interested in. Auto auction listings is an example of something I made thousands with but couldn't care less about.

    It's a lot more fun marketing products I am interested in and believe in. You can identify with the problems and see the product as a viable solution.

    It also help you connect better with your audience. What really pisses me off are really good products with crappy sales pages.

    The products are really good but you know they won't covert so well. I try and look for a winning combination. A product that will convert and that also delivers.

    And nowadays I always look over the product myself. Sometimes I request a review copy, or sometimes I will buy it.

    It makes it so much easier to talk about it and market it. Again, using the auto auction listings example, I never bought it. It sold well and had hardly any refunds.

    I had a 1 page lander and used some of the copy from the vendor. It worked at the time.

    With some niches or ways of marketing this method just won't fly. It really depends on what type of products you are selling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10911760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MeelisM
    Originally Posted by CabaMate View Post

    Hi Everyone,

    I am looking at a few options for IM products to put on my website.

    I know you need to choose a niche you're passionate about however has anyone chosen a product purely on the potential rather than you actually being passionate about the service/product.

    It makes sense I should be working with things I know heaps about however at the same time I wonder if choosing products that I actually think will bring in more money is a tempting idea.

    I know I could test this out however I am curious if you believe in every product you have marketed or if it is a little combo of both knowing that it could be the most profitable and also having a little knowledge about it.

    I look forward to hearing how you made your decision about which products you marketed online.
    Ofcourse.

    That's 100% True.

    Don't try to sell anything you don't believe in.

    It will be fake.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10911763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laraku
    It's true for me that you need to believe in the product (that it is effective) otherwise how can you persuade others. However, I don't believe that you can only sell products that you are passionate about (or think it can change your life and etc.). You just pay attention to supply and demand. Is the product distinctive and stand out from the current offers in the market? Is it a helpful solution? Sell it. Is it just a junk product or waste of money? Abandon it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10912218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    i'd say yes...

    believe in what you sell..

    or only promote products that you believe in ..

    when you write about that product and/or promote that product you tend to come up with the little details your prospects can learn from..

    -Ike Paz
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10912263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author enigmamach
    Originally Posted by CabaMate View Post

    Hi Everyone,

    I am looking at a few options for IM products to put on my website.

    I know you need to choose a niche you're passionate about however has anyone chosen a product purely on the potential rather than you actually being passionate about the service/product.

    It makes sense I should be working with things I know heaps about however at the same time I wonder if choosing products that I actually think will bring in more money is a tempting idea.

    I know I could test this out however I am curious if you believe in every product you have marketed or if it is a little combo of both knowing that it could be the most profitable and also having a little knowledge about it.

    I look forward to hearing how you made your decision about which products you marketed online.
    I think you need to be knowledgable in what you are promoting in order to feel good about your efforts. Its like a doctor recommending an oil change place, it just doesnt make sense. Take the time to research your products and if anyone has any questions you can be confident about your answers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10912267].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CabaMate
      Originally Posted by enigmamach View Post

      I think you need to be knowledgable in what you are promoting in order to feel good about your efforts. Its like a doctor recommending an oil change place, it just doesnt make sense. Take the time to research your products and if anyone has any questions you can be confident about your answers.
      Yeah, that's a good analogy - you run a risk of being caught out if you a. don't know enough about the products and b. don't really care about the product.

      In IM it's fairly obvious if you have done your research on customer pain points and even keywords and phrases they use, so I'm pretty confident I will focus on just products I believe in and have done the research in.

      Thanks for your comment.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10913488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnVianny
    TEST the product BEFORE.

    Know the author and then promote that product.

    The List is your best valuable ASSET: dont waste it promoting scams.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10913741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author krees
    I think it comes down to being honest with yourself. Are you in this to just make money or to really help? If it is a product that you aren't familiar with and you honestly think it will help your target audience, I don't see a problem with that. Just my two cents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10913754].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Yeah Because if you see dollar signs more than anything else, you'll do silly things that ensure you see fewer dollar signs LOL. But if you get clear on something, and believe in it, that vibe resonates with folks who see value in it too. These folks will buy based on that resonance.

    And if you get REALLY clear on selling a product you'll make the most money with it.

    Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10913760].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CabaMate
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      Yeah Because if you see dollar signs more than anything else, you'll do silly things that ensure you see fewer dollar signs LOL. But if you get clear on something, and believe in it, that vibe resonates with folks who see value in it too. These folks will buy based on that resonance.

      And if you get REALLY clear on selling a product you'll make the most money with it.

      Ryan
      Yep, so you're saying if you would use it would be easier to sell it and sing praises of the product genuinely. I get that.

      I think if people believe you would genuinely use this yourself it is a far better tactic than say a dude selling mascara or a chick trying to flog the benefits of a super masculine product that she's not the target market for.

      Believing in the products I am trying to sell is ideal, I'm curious who out there is doing it and who is focusing on the return first and foremost.

      Thanks for your comment.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10928054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davejarvys
    One thing that's not been touched on is the 'how' of marketing.

    I think it's important to remember that not everyone is blogging.

    If you are driving ppc traffic to a CPA offer then no one will know whether you are a believer or a deceiver.

    I sell in markets I have little interest in and for me it's more important that the target audience believes in the product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10928100].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CabaMate
      Originally Posted by davejarvys View Post

      One thing that's not been touched on is the 'how' of marketing.

      I think it's important to remember that not everyone is blogging.

      If you are driving ppc traffic to a CPA offer then no one will know whether you are a believer or a deceiver.

      I sell in markets I have little interest in and for me it's more important that the target audience believes in the product.
      I agree with you Dave, I do blogging, content, IM and a range of things.

      To your point, if you are just focusing on the figures and reaching targets of course the target audience will never really notice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10928155].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iconoclast
      Originally Posted by davejarvys View Post

      One thing that's not been touched on is the 'how' of marketing.

      I think it's important to remember that not everyone is blogging.

      If you are driving ppc traffic to a CPA offer then no one will know whether you are a believer or a deceiver.

      I sell in markets I have little interest in and for me it's more important that the target audience believes in the product.
      This is true. If you all you are doing is placing an ad for a product then I don't think it really matters if you know about the product or not because you are not claiming to. Only the product creator is making that claim.

      I think as long as you don't make any false claims then you can promote whatever you want, just be honest. Don't tell someone that you or your friend tried this product and it works, if you haven't. And just because you think a product sounds like it would work doesn't make it right for you to say that it does work unless you have actually tried it.

      From my personal experience I've found it much easier to promote a product that I actually used and believed in versus products I barely knew about.

      Even with all these replies stating to be honest, the last three WSO's I bought were based around giving fake testimonials of CB products in order to make sales. I also wonder how many of the above posters are promoting products in their signature links that they've never made a dollar off of following?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10931045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlexGill
    Absolutely true.

    Especially if you're making a personal recommendation from a website / blog.

    However I do believe there's a difference between being passionate about selling something vs. selling something that you believe in rather than it being pure baloney.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10931108].message }}

Trending Topics