Its there for a reason and particularly for content marketing it is absolutely essential
Strategies are important for a number of reasons they define your KPIs allowing you to identify what numbers are important to you and also help to define a plan for your editorial and manage this on an ongoing basis.
What can you include in your strategy?
There is no hard and fast rule but you might want to include the following:
- Goals - for your content marketing including revenue growth targets
- Time - to get message across (based on each media)
- Brand story - including key messages
- Calls to action
- Communication channel plan including which communication channels you are going to use to create the conversation
- Metrics including the actual measurement of the strategies
- ie. increase website traffic to @@% over one year
- ie. convert ##% of web users
- Ie. Add to the pipeline ## new leads
- ie. Generate revenue of $##
Your content strategy doesnt have to be book length, one page will do usually however it will give you so much clarity.
Anyone using this format or something else please feel free to share your tips and experiences.