1. Create the actual product. I could write a whole process for how to do this because it's so involved. Niche research is important, like deciding what kind of product you're going to create, but the best thing you can do is create a product that is personal to you and that you know about. For example, if you already know a lot about finance, it doesn't make sense to create an infoproduct about how to be a professional dog-walker. This is something that I feel was missing from my early efforts in IM - I tried to make websites about things I knew nothing about that were also very broad topics. It takes a long time to become an expert, so you're going to best add value in an area where you can already be considered an expert.
2. Once you have an amazing product, make sure it satisfies these criteria
- Benchmarked against strongest competitors
- Already found one person willing to buy it
- Packaged and Designed by a Professional
- Includes Multimedia Components for Added Value
- Comprehensive - The only product of its kind that your user needs
3. Now you need to identify your target demographic - who is going to be using your product? This is a crucial step that a lot of people skip - they say "I'll just market it to everyone!" In order for your efforts to be efficient, you need to figure out who is going to buy. In the make money online niche, for example, look for either stay at home moms who need to generate side income and have college education, or young guys who can be easily attracted to promises of big wealth. Now you know how to market to these people because you understand why they would want to buy your product.
I'm pretty clear on these points, but not so sure what to do after this, any pointers?