How much is this domain worth? (SLIKE.COM)

19 replies
How much do you think the domain slike.com is worth?

Those appraisal tools show from $10k to $40k - i hope they are accurate lol.

Thanks!
#domain #slikecom #worth
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    Hey there


    what tools are you using for that?


    It depends on many factors, domain age, income, traffic levels


    care to share? Then we could help you better or register on flippa!
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steelmaiden
    Found some tools on Google, but i doubt they are accurate:

    https://www.estibot.com/appraise.php $16k
    slike.com | Domainindex.com $33k
    slike.com website worth and domain value is $ 13,379 $13k

    I would sell it for much less than that, thats for sure
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    The domain is 17 years old?


    This could be awesome!!
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    Do you own this domain?
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steelmaiden
    Yes, i own it

    And the word "slike" means "pictures" in Croatia, Serbian and Bosnian languages. And it also means "such" in Norweigan. Maybe it has meanings on other languages too.

    I also have sweetclips.com - that one is old too, and more suitable for english market.

    Both are for sale now

    BTW, you can try googling for word "slike" and you will find more than 96.000.000 results:

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Julio
    The domain is worth what someone wants to pay for it not what a generated website says.

    It is a nice domain name.
    Signature
    DominioNombres.com Marketplace!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TenaciousGrease
    I hate to go against the grain here, but if it's not making you money it's probably not worth a whole lot.

    If it's making 10 grand a month, for example, you could probably flip it for $100-$125k - but if it's just a domain - you're going to have to find somebody that REALLY wants to rank for/brand for S Like - which doesnt mean anything that i'm aware of in the english language...

    Honestly, I don't care what domain sites say it's worth - it's just a misspelled word

    If it were something like YogaPants.com, Golf.com, or Football.com - yeah you could do something with it

    Even LIKES.com - but what is an SLike?

    Will you give me $10k for RThing.com? Probably not.... it's just a non-existant word. Sorry man, domain's not worth a whole lot
    Signature

    Donate Now: Help the Warrior Forum Come out of it's 3rd world state!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947776].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jideofor
      Originally Posted by TenaciousGrease View Post

      I hate to go against the grain here, but if it's not making you money it's probably not worth a whole lot.

      If it's making 10 grand a month, for example, you could probably flip it for $100-$125k - but if it's just a domain - you're going to have to find somebody that REALLY wants to rank for/brand for S Like - which doesnt mean anything that i'm aware of in the english language...

      Honestly, I don't care what domain sites say it's worth - it's just a misspelled word

      If it were something like YogaPants.com, Golf.com, or Football.com - yeah you could do something with it

      Even LIKES.com - but what is an SLike?

      Will you give me $10k for RThing.com? Probably not.... it's just a non-existant word. Sorry man, domain's not worth a whole lot

      You do not know anything about domains and your ignorance is written all over your post. That domain you see there can fetch the owner a nice $4000-$10,000 if he can get the right buyer for it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10948956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author readr
    I'd say it's worth about $9.95. That's unless you have a coupon code, if so then I'd have to say $0.99.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jdpierce21
      Are most of the .99 deals one-time use? I remember Godaddy use to always be .99 new and then they'd hit you on the renewal. But, I can't seem to find a deal like that anymore.
      Signature

      Cheers,
      Joe @ sfi-coop.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10948897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    Hey there!


    Yep its an awesome site and you have a lot of followers on FB awesome!


    I really not sure what its worth but the domain age alone is special!


    do some more research and list it on flippa if you want it gets a lot of traffic and eyeballs on there!
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947800].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TenaciousGrease
      Originally Posted by shaunybb View Post

      Hey there!


      Yep its an awesome site and you have a lot of followers on FB awesome!


      I really not sure what its worth but the domain age alone is special!


      do some more research and list it on flippa if you want it gets a lot of traffic and eyeballs on there!
      Shauny Baby, I know you're trying to be positive - but the fact is it's just a domain, it's redirecting now to another site I'm sure you saw - it's not worth a dime unless it's making money OR if somebody's just drooling over the possibilities or what they can do with SLike.com...which I would not imagine is very likely..
      Signature

      Donate Now: Help the Warrior Forum Come out of it's 3rd world state!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947924].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hynds
    I think there's no magic formula on pricing your domain. The real worth is based on many factors such as your website's traffic, revenue, competitors, niches,...and the market you're joining. However the most factor I see that is depend on your customer need. If you find a right customer then you can flip it with very high price, or you need to wait and in some cases it's not worth at all.

    Good luck to you,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10948143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wmrwl
    It's a unique one word domain name so that must be worth something. How much would you feel comfortable getting for it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10948654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TenaciousGrease
      Originally Posted by wmrwl View Post

      It's a unique one word domain name so that must be worth something
      What does SLike mean again?

      Thanks!
      Signature

      Donate Now: Help the Warrior Forum Come out of it's 3rd world state!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10948741].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author steelmaiden
      Originally Posted by wmrwl View Post

      It's a unique one word domain name so that must be worth something. How much would you feel comfortable getting for it?
      I have placed it on sedo.com yesterday and asked on a couple of local and foreign forums and the BIN price is set at 4k EUR. However, i would probably sell it for less if i get an offer soon.

      Maybe a good domain broker would know how to get more out of it, but i dont have time to wait for a better price as my other projects need some financial boost asap
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10949453].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10948710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jideofor
    L+Word.com have been commanding good price and money over the years and if you find yourself in possession of such domain names, please seize the opportunity and get good money for your possession.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10948957].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author steitieh
      Originally Posted by jideofor View Post

      L+Word.com have been commanding good price and money over the years and if you find yourself in possession of such domain names, please seize the opportunity and get good money for your possession.

      The Value here is not due to the fact that is has a Letter before the word - it's because it's an actual word as stated by the original poster.

      So, it's NOT a "letter" + Word - it's an actual word.

      Google searching "slike" returns over 90 Million Results - so despite development or ANY traffic - the domain is an asset by itself and you would get a surprisingly high price for it if you managed to introduce it to the right audience through the right channels.

      All the best,
      -Rami
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10949175].message }}

Trending Topics